View Poll Results: How were the pyramid's made?
Egyptians 11 55.00%
Aliens 6 30.00%
No ****in clue 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2008, 09:33   #31
tSp
yazz

tSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond reputetSp has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to tSp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zah View Post
The ancient egyptians were extremely intelligent, people like to claim they had help from 'aliens' or 'more intelligent races' because they refuse to accept that these ancient people were just as intellectual and calculating as modern humans.

This isnt just a thing with ancient egypt and the pyramids, but with other civilizations all over the world where 'sophisticated' people have to find excuses and proof that the 'lesser' races had help-and required help-with constructing amazing structures and coming up with relatively modern ideas, because there is no way they couldve done it by themselves.
  1. The Phoenician Sailing Ship of ancient Mesopotamia,
  2. The Calandar Wheels of ancient Aztecs and Mayans,
  3. The Giant Statues on Easter Island (carved straight from the rock wall with rudimentary hand axes and dragged to the shores on logs)
  4. The ancient Egyptian's perfect mapping of the stars (and lining the Pyramids up to them with an error margin of less than half a degree)
  5. The Roman Aqueducts (some of which are still in use today)

All are examples of the power of the ancient human mind. All done within thier own civilization, uniquely born ideas and theories, without the help of outsiders or 'more intelligent races'. Its not so hard to imagine these people as the roots of engineering. By saying these people had help just because you cant imagine building a ship with tree tar and a stone hand axe yourself, you are underestimating your own minds capacity as a human being. When you want to survive, you can do almost anything... take the 'mother lifting a car off her baby' story as an example.

Thier work ethic was much higher than people of today, with our modern ammenities (cars, toilets, pre-packaged food, air conditioners) our ancestors would look at us, laugh in our faces, and probably call us spoiled weaklings. You think because they didnt have the technology then, they couldnt have done these things. They took the few tools they had, and did things that still amaze us today. Thats how technology came to be in the first place, trial and error. You find something that works, then make it better, faster, more refined.

What The Ancients Knew: The Egyptians

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7

+1
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00   #32
hudnut
Banned

hudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The ancient egyptians were extremely intelligent, people like to claim they had help from 'aliens' or 'more intelligent races' because they refuse to accept that these ancient people were just as intellectual and calculating as modern humans.

This isnt just a thing with ancient egypt and the pyramids, but with other civilizations all over the world where 'sophisticated' people have to find excuses and proof that the 'lesser' races had help-and required help-with constructing amazing structures and coming up with relatively modern ideas, because there is no way they couldve done it by themselves.
  3. The Giant Statues on Easter Island (carved straight from the rock wall with rudimentary hand axes and dragged to the shores on logs)
  4. The ancient Egyptian's perfect mapping of the stars (and lining the Pyramids up to them with an error margin of less than half a degree)

All are examples of the power of the ancient human mind. All done within thier own civilization, uniquely born ideas and theories, without the help of outsiders or 'more intelligent races'. Its not so hard to imagine these people as the roots of engineering. By saying these people had help just because you cant imagine building a ship with tree tar and a stone hand axe yourself, you are underestimating your own minds capacity as a human being. When you want to survive, you can do almost anything... take the 'mother lifting a car off her baby' story as an example.

Thier work ethic was much higher than people of today, with our modern ammenities (cars, toilets, pre-packaged food, air conditioners) our ancestors would look at us, laugh in our faces, and probably call us spoiled weaklings. You think because they didnt have the technology then, they couldnt have done these things. They took the few tools they had, and did things that still amaze us today. Thats how technology came to be in the first place, trial and error. You find something that works, then make it better, faster, more refined.

the calculations were done by 3 guys. the other million egyptians were pulling rocks and getting whipped

might as well say ancient white people were amazing artists because Michelangelo painted the Sistine chapel

Last edited by hudnut; 05-14-2008 at 10:12.
hudnut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09   #33
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to |V~T0wN|
Quote:

so if they were so super powered sofar back in the day,why is it now refered to "bum **** egypt"?i dont disagree with any of that i think its hilarious however,that back then they were so sophisticated and ahead of everyone else,and now where are they.
Lvl:126-130-xxx
Class:Tro-Tro-Tro
Guild:ArchAngels
Celestial(ScepterSkill)Lvl 8

Partial user of PurpleKush

Classic: Elenin

XboxLive: DerpyHooves707
|V~T0wN| is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12   #34
hudnut
Banned

hudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond reputehudnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V~T0wN| View Post
so if they were so super powered sofar back in the day,why is it now refered to "bum **** egypt"?i dont disagree with any of that i think its hilarious however,that back then they were so sophisticated and ahead of everyone else,and now where are they.
in flying machines, building sprockets for Mr. Spacely *plays Jetson's theme song*
Old 05-14-2008, 10:26   #35
schompeit
moin

schompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond reputeschompeit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tSp View Post
Aliens? dude you must be stupid...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid
wiki ftw
Old 05-14-2008, 22:18   #36
Zah
I loled

Zah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Zah Send a message via Skype™ to Zah
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudnut View Post
the calculations were done by 3 guys. the other million egyptians were pulling rocks and getting whipped

might as well say ancient white people were amazing artists because Michelangelo painted the Sistine chapel
Actually I think michael angelo is a horrible painter he always made his babies look like potatoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V~T0wN| View Post
Ive never heard egypt referred to with that particular .. choice of words.. lol
Every nation has its era, guess egypt had thiers early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHaPpYxX View Post
Daily Fact: There are 1 million ants for every person in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-X20 View Post
I'd be more interested to know what sort of sad ass counted over 6 quadrillion (?) ants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoW>Co View Post
if(Wonders.Pyramid.Contains(Moderator))
{
Players.do(killMod);
}

~
R.I.P. StopTheKing
~
Zah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2008, 22:43   #37
hudnut
Banned

Quote:
Actually I think michael angelo is a horrible painter he always made his babies look like potatoes

Ive never heard egypt referred to with that particular .. choice of words.. lol
Every nation has its era, guess egypt had thiers early.
sad to hear you dislike solid works of art that go down in history as one of the greatest. i'm not even catholic, but i respect the quality and amazing detail

other amazing things created that pwn pyramids

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...astle_Hill.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...March_2004.jpg

Last edited by hudnut; 05-14-2008 at 23:07.
Old 05-14-2008, 23:01   #38
Zah
I loled

Zah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond reputeZah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
sad to hear you dislike solid works of art that go down in history as one of the greatest. i'm not even catholic, but i respect the quality and amazing detail
We all have our personal tastes, I think his sculptures were wonderful but his painting is not really something I find very good... I prefer to think of him as a great architect rather than painter
Quote:
Quote:
I'd be more interested to know what sort of sad ass counted over 6 quadrillion (?) ants?
Quote:
{
Players.do(killMod);
}

~
R.I.P. StopTheKing
~
Old 05-14-2008, 23:08   #39
hudnut
Banned

Quote:
We all have our personal tastes, I think his sculptures were wonderful but his painting is not really something I find very good... I prefer to think of him as a great architect rather than painter
so 3 dimensional triangles are amazing o.0

The sphinx is awesome, but pyramids I find lackluster and not too fun to look at

Last edited by hudnut; 05-14-2008 at 23:10.
Old 05-14-2008, 23:13   #40
Zah
I loled

Quote:
so 3 dimensional triangles are amazing o.0

The sphinx is awesome, but pyramids I find lackluster and not too fun to look at
Its hard to have lustre when youve been beaten and sanded down by dust storms for thousands of years
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
{
Players.do(killMod);
}

~
R.I.P. StopTheKing
~
Old 05-14-2008, 23:15   #41
FlamingSeeds

FlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Its hard to have lustre when youve been beaten and sanded down by dust storms for thousands of years
Thats what she said
FlamingSeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2008, 23:20   #42
Zah
I loled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingSeeds View Post
Thats what she said
She who
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
{
Players.do(killMod);
}

~
R.I.P. StopTheKing
~
Old 05-14-2008, 23:23   #43
hudnut
Banned

Quote:
still a big 3d triangle...even freshy, a pyramid looks boring compared to every other major monument around the world. The mayans at least made their pyramids with big steps...gives it character xD
Old 05-14-2008, 23:34   #44
FlamingSeeds

FlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
She who
Yo momma.
FlamingSeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: