View Poll Results: Would you pay a subscription for a Non CP server.
Good idea 17 80.95%
Bad idea-but my opinion doesn't matter because this wont affect me 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2011, 01:08   #1
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to |V~T0wN|
Exclamation Subscription fee for a CP free server's?

Hello everyone, i started playing this game back in 05/06 before the introduction of CP's and all that fancy junk. I quit about 2-3 years ago once the surge of +12 2soc items started popping up everywhere you looked. I just recently came back to see the classic server and was extremely disappointed. I've went to the dark side even and played..Well im sure you can guess(15 sub fee), and i still have an itch for Conquer.

One of my favorite qualities about the game used to be that you really had to put some time and effort into progressing and increasing your game play experience. The sense of accomplishment you get when you know that you made your gear from scratch. Or at the very least farmed to pay for it. I do realize a lot of people prefer the game the way it is now, and that's fine. This wouldn't affect you.

So my proposal is that TQ makes a server(s) where CP's doesn't exist. Get rid of lottery, star towers/fan's, mounts , + stones, Socket Drills or w.e they are, etc. I'm fine with 2nd RB, it's CP's and everything implemented afterwards that i would like to see gone.

I would personally pay a 5$ subscription fee monthly to have that back. Combine that 5$ with the flooding of veterans returning and TQ would be making a nice amount of much needed extra revenue. On top of that, i wouldn't be opposed to the DB buying option to be brought back. With no lottery or shopping mall, there would be no major advantage to bulkers. So they'll have a lot of gold, whatever.

Though i have little faith that this would ever happen, after logging in after years of being away i couldn't help but bring the idea up. I think it's a brilliant idea honestly, TQ used to run on strictly DB purchases in the past. With their dwindling loss in customers this could only be a good thing for them.
Lvl:126-130-xxx
Class:Tro-Tro-Tro
Guild:ArchAngels
Celestial(ScepterSkill)Lvl 8

Partial user of PurpleKush

Classic: Elenin

XboxLive: DerpyHooves707
|V~T0wN| is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 02:07   #2
Paper~DeidaraZ
Banned

Paper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond repute
won't happen
Paper~DeidaraZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 05:24   #3
oderzhimij
Jailed:99

oderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond reputeoderzhimij has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to oderzhimij
#signed

IMHO this is just a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx.
TQ is not botjailing anyone for now so reviewing the videos are pointless. sorry
Horse racing bug | Solar Sulver Box (138M)
oderzhimij is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 05:54   #4
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute|V~T0wN| has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oderzhimij View Post
#signed

IMHO this is just a dream...
Well, i am a dreamer . It would be good business for TQ also, i don't see how they couldn't benefit. My server was packed when i left, now it's empty. They could use the revenue im sure. I even thought about calling directly and asking these questions.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:11   #5
DucereMortis

DucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to DucereMortis
Voted yes, but I don't think this suggestion has a lot of hope. 5$/mo seems pretty low anyways.
DucereMortis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 07:25   #6
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucereMortis View Post
Voted yes, but I don't think this suggestion has a lot of hope. 5$/mo seems pretty low anyways.
Im afraid to say the name in fear of getting banned, but 15$ a month is what it cost for the best MMO on the market and it blows Co out the water. Five dollars seems like a fair price for the quality of the game, i'd go to about 7 but that's pushin it. Multiple that by 1000 players , (which wouldn't be a problem to get, using low numbers for example) monthly. They would be makin 5k a month just on subscription fee's, not counting DB purchases. Easily enough to pay for the server's and make a profit just there.
But i do agree, i don't have much hope in this either...

Old 10-11-2011, 12:07   #7
bahshaddap

bahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V~T0wN| View Post
Im afraid to say the name in fear of getting banned, but 15$ a month is what it cost for the best MMO on the market and it blows Co out the water. Five dollars seems like a fair price for the quality of the game, i'd go to about 7 but that's pushin it. Multiple that by 1000 players , (which wouldn't be a problem to get, using low numbers for example) monthly. They would be makin 5k a month just on subscription fee's, not counting DB purchases. Easily enough to pay for the server's and make a profit just there.
I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned, lol.
Voted yes, but no if it's anymore than $5. Would rather play RuneScape,
which I do.

co: ChucKNorriS
my gear:
xbl:
psn:
steam: Sandy Cervix
bahshaddap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 13:13   #8
xPutoKillerx

xPutoKillerx is on a distinguished road
i love this, these are the kinds of threads that most veterans and some ppl might like , but then again u make me depress know this will never happen
xPutoKillerx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 15:22   #9
DucereMortis

DucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond reputeDucereMortis has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to DucereMortis
Quote:
Right, but what I meant by that is if TQ is going to release a subscription based server, they'll charge as much as they think is possible -- Which would be more like $15, on par with other MMOs.

And I'm sorry to say but they probably bleed more than $5 per month out of players on average anyways. :/
DucereMortis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011, 17:43   #10
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucereMortis View Post
Right, but what I meant by that is if TQ is going to release a subscription based server, they'll charge as much as they think is possible -- Which would be more like $15, on par with other MMOs.

And I'm sorry to say but they probably bleed more than $5 per month out of players on average anyways. :/
I don't think so, most expensive MMO i've seen and played was 15$ and nothing is coming close to it. Conquer wouldn't require the maintenance or developers as the others, since there would be no plans of adding anything once it's live. All they have to pay for is the server pretty much. Dont forget DB's would be available for purchase as well on top of the subscription. So that would be where the extra bleeding comes from, impov.

Old 10-11-2011, 17:50   #11
bahshaddap

bahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond reputebahshaddap has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Dont forget DB's would be available for purchase as well on top of the subscription.

co: ChucKNorriS
my gear:
xbl:
psn:
steam: Sandy Cervix
bahshaddap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2011, 10:59   #12
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahshaddap View Post
xD Well they used to be available back in the day. So you can either all together remove the Db purchase system, and only obtain them by farming. Or bring it back to the way it used to be.
I don't think it sounds bad really, five bucks a month plus Db's if you want them. And in this case you couldn't use them for the enourmous amount of things you can now. so you wouldn't need so many, so often. It would only give more encouragement for Tq to follow through on this(i know wishful thinking). You gotta remember all they see is the $$ signs.

Last edited by |V~T0wN|; 10-13-2011 at 18:01.
Old 10-26-2011, 17:56   #13
|V~T0wN|
SheepDog

Bump

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: