Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 07:17   #1
LcFeva
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 24
LcFeva is on a distinguished road
Question about Phoenix/Rage and Celestial

Hi all, I am currently having a problem deciding what weapon my trojan should be using, and if any of you out there can clarify a few questions for me it will be really great.

At the moment I am trying to decide what weapon combinations to use. I have recently bought a cheap super 2soc scepter from the market, and is wondering whether it would be any different pvp-wise using scepter/sword to club/sword. (scepter and club having the same dmg, so I am talking about weapon skills)

The reason I ask this is that I recently read a thread about someone fixing celestial and saying it is very useful pvp-wise. But after reading the weapon skills page I see that at fixed, rage does 145% weapon at 45%, while celestial only do 128% weapon at 19%.. is there any secret powers to celestial that I have overlooked?

And why does all the pro player seem to like phoenix alot? with 124% weapon at fixed, it hardly compares to what rage have.. so isn't it better to just use club/blade, with blade having much more base damge.

And yes, I rely on melee hits alot in pvp, and I currently have lvl 2 celestial and lvl 7 phoenix if that information helps with the advices you can give.

Thanks for reading the rather long post, and thanks in advance for answers.
LcFeva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 07:55   #2
HTAPAWASOv2.0
Warrior
 
HTAPAWASOv2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: HTAPAWASO banned at 1922 posts
Posts: 3,512
HTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeHTAPAWASOv2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question about Phoenix/Rage and Celestial

Quote:
Originally posted by LcFeva
Hi all, I am currently having a problem deciding what weapon my trojan should be using, and if any of you out there can clarify a few questions for me it will be really great.

At the moment I am trying to decide what weapon combinations to use. I have recently bought a cheap super 2soc scepter from the market, and is wondering whether it would be any different pvp-wise using scepter/sword to club/sword. (scepter and club having the same dmg, so I am talking about weapon skills)

The reason I ask this is that I recently read a thread about someone fixing celestial and saying it is very useful pvp-wise. But after reading the weapon skills page I see that at fixed, rage does 145% weapon at 45%, while celestial only do 128% weapon at 19%.. is there any secret powers to celestial that I have overlooked?

And why does all the pro player seem to like phoenix alot? with 124% weapon at fixed, it hardly compares to what rage have.. so isn't it better to just use club/blade, with blade having much more base damge.

And yes, I rely on melee hits alot in pvp, and I currently have lvl 2 celestial and lvl 7 phoenix if that information helps with the advices you can give.

Thanks for reading the rather long post, and thanks in advance for answers.
Well, club-blade is the most popular choice for tros, so you're not alone in your logic.


However, there are several reasons for choosing otherwise.

Why you might choose a scepter over club:
Celestial works differently from rage. There's no real use comparing the numbers.
I never tested this myself, just drawnig from someone else's work, but celestial extra damage counts before defense is taken into account, whereas rage is calculated after.
As such, against an opponent with high defense, celestial will do more, but against one with low defense rage will do more.

Also, rage hits in a circle, so its easy to accidentally go red name. Celestial hits only one target.



About using sword... well, phoenix has fantastic activation rate. Usually if you land a melee hit your target is dead, so damage isn't your main concern. Weapon skills never miss, so the high accuracy rate of nix is a godsend.
__________________
Quote:
Posted by DPB|LuNa / STIGGY / THU¶DER
HTAPAWASO is right. <3.
Quote:
Posted by RioT-StarteR / TrustZeusHA / Serphimera
HTAPAWASO is right again!
Quote:
Posted by cruskette / SioKanla / K-J / distort / svrngr53 / happyfreaker
HTAPAWASO is always right

MacSeoin's Conquer Toys
HTA's Lab Guide~Damage/Experience Guide~Superman Guide~Archer Damage Calculator
ChinaGirl's Co-4-Dummies
Red Or Green's Warrior Farming Guide
PhoenixFire's Money-Making Guide
SioKanla's Warrior Guide
HTAPAWASOv2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 08:13   #3
Sukesama
Sexy!!!
 
Sukesama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,187
Sukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond reputeSukesama has a reputation beyond repute
The reason people like myself like using Sword is you get 2 skills off of one weapon. Scent Sword for ranged attacked and Phoenix for melee attacks. Keep in mind that at fixed Phoenix, it is 78% activation. Pretty much any time you get in a melee attack, Phoenix will activate. For Trojans who use a 2nd sword, you also get Hercules, which means you get 3 weapon skills just by using dual swords.
__________________
DIAMOND Server

Sukesama~130-130-132~DiamondSexiest
Kazesuke~130-130-60
1st Player to Fix ALL Weapon Skills on a US Server~07/09/07
2nd Completion~12/06/07

Quest to Fixed Weapon Skills Thread

The Hump List
StAr-FiRe***9829;***9829;, royal-trouble***9829;, lilme***9829;, Far_Dareis_Mai***9829;, Kasha***9829;, Sanna***9829;, DaemonMum***9829;
Sukesama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 08:39   #4
LcFeva
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 24
LcFeva is on a distinguished road
Yes I use two swords on my main, it is indeed very fun and verstile

Just wondering what weapons to play around with on my rb wat-tro, I think I might go along with scepter-sword, thanks for the replies guys
LcFeva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 09:42   #5
Heavenlywargod
YumeNoHane
 
Heavenlywargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Japan, Okinawa. Power: Too high to measure True-Blue Anime Otaku
Posts: 1,570
Heavenlywargod is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Question about Phoenix/Rage and Celestial

Quote:
Originally posted by LcFeva
Hi all, I am currently having a problem deciding what weapon my trojan should be using, and if any of you out there can clarify a few questions for me it will be really great.

At the moment I am trying to decide what weapon combinations to use. I have recently bought a cheap super 2soc scepter from the market, and is wondering whether it would be any different pvp-wise using scepter/sword to club/sword. (scepter and club having the same dmg, so I am talking about weapon skills)

The reason I ask this is that I recently read a thread about someone fixing celestial and saying it is very useful pvp-wise. But after reading the weapon skills page I see that at fixed, rage does 145% weapon at 45%, while celestial only do 128% weapon at 19%.. is there any secret powers to celestial that I have overlooked?

And why does all the pro player seem to like phoenix alot? with 124% weapon at fixed, it hardly compares to what rage have.. so isn't it better to just use club/blade, with blade having much more base damge.

And yes, I rely on melee hits alot in pvp, and I currently have lvl 2 celestial and lvl 7 phoenix if that information helps with the advices you can give.

Thanks for reading the rather long post, and thanks in advance for answers.
About nix, it literally never misses. All skills never misses, but for example someone walking to point A which is behind you, you click on him, rage activates, but at that moment, he is at the position where he stacks on you, rage will NOT hit that target, whereas skills like Phoenix, Celestial will. And most importantly, the activation rate, of course.
__________________
Uranus server!
Crimson - Fire-Fire Lvl 121-111 (Retired)

Equipments - SuperManaBs +5 w/ SPG & SMG (Sold away by a "trusted friend" called Ling), Elite robe +5 w/ SPG, Elite cap +4 w/ SPG, Super bracelet +4 w/ SPG & SPG (Same here as with the mana BS, that bitc* sold it), Elite bag +4 w/ SPG, Super boots +3 w/ SPG

Time to die! That perfect world! Let's break the spine!
Heavenlywargod is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 09:44   #6
Heavenlywargod
YumeNoHane
 
Heavenlywargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Japan, Okinawa. Power: Too high to measure True-Blue Anime Otaku
Posts: 1,570
Heavenlywargod is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sukesama
The reason people like myself like using Sword is you get 2 skills off of one weapon. Scent Sword for ranged attacked and Phoenix for melee attacks. Keep in mind that at fixed Phoenix, it is 78% activation. Pretty much any time you get in a melee attack, Phoenix will activate. For Trojans who use a 2nd sword, you also get Hercules, which means you get 3 weapon skills just by using dual swords.
Only downside is the higher amount of dragon gems you need for dual swords to work well.
__________________
Uranus server!
Crimson - Fire-Fire Lvl 121-111 (Retired)

Equipments - SuperManaBs +5 w/ SPG & SMG (Sold away by a "trusted friend" called Ling), Elite robe +5 w/ SPG, Elite cap +4 w/ SPG, Super bracelet +4 w/ SPG & SPG (Same here as with the mana BS, that bitc* sold it), Elite bag +4 w/ SPG, Super boots +3 w/ SPG

Time to die! That perfect world! Let's break the spine!
Heavenlywargod is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 10:44   #7
TrU3
poutine
 
TrU3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: montreal, quebec representin' the frenchies o.o
Posts: 11,594
TrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond repute
Club - blade is what I like.

But nowadays I don't feel it was a good choice since I love Nix effect but I couldn't trade my super 2 soc pzn blade since it was too valuable to me >.>

If you really would take time to fix nix would be club - sword...

And a "pro patient" combo would be sword - dagger, you're gonna lvl slowly, but if you get pen and nix too high lvls, you will own.
TrU3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 12:30   #8
Heavenlywargod
YumeNoHane
 
Heavenlywargod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Japan, Okinawa. Power: Too high to measure True-Blue Anime Otaku
Posts: 1,570
Heavenlywargod is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TrU3
Club - blade is what I like.

But nowadays I don't feel it was a good choice since I love Nix effect but I couldn't trade my super 2 soc pzn blade since it was too valuable to me >.>

If you really would take time to fix nix would be club - sword...

And a "pro patient" combo would be sword - dagger, you're gonna lvl slowly, but if you get pen and nix too high lvls, you will own.
I still prefer blade/blade or sword/sword
__________________
Uranus server!
Crimson - Fire-Fire Lvl 121-111 (Retired)

Equipments - SuperManaBs +5 w/ SPG & SMG (Sold away by a "trusted friend" called Ling), Elite robe +5 w/ SPG, Elite cap +4 w/ SPG, Super bracelet +4 w/ SPG & SPG (Same here as with the mana BS, that bitc* sold it), Elite bag +4 w/ SPG, Super boots +3 w/ SPG

Time to die! That perfect world! Let's break the spine!
Heavenlywargod is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 13:40   #9
TrU3
poutine
 
TrU3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: montreal, quebec representin' the frenchies o.o
Posts: 11,594
TrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond reputeTrU3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Heavenlywargod
I still prefer blade/blade or sword/sword
Good luck lvling 40 - 127
TrU3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2007, 22:48   #10
tRoD[iK]
khmai.
 
tRoD[iK]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,024
tRoD[iK] will become famous soon enough
Another thing about Nix is that even if they jump away and it activates, it follows them, ggded.
__________________
Quote:
Originally said by vn
truck take vu to heaven
tRoD[iK] is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:17.