Old 07-30-2009, 23:03   #16
pootan

pootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond reputepootan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'll assume that most older people will write more then one sentence
Fail.
pootan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2009, 23:22   #17
GacktCamui
Berserk

GacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond repute
How much damage do you do and how much do the other people do?

TG stakes have 10k hp, the only way for someone to mess up your tg exp is to do enough damage to a full hp stake so that it's remaining hp is less than the damage you do. At lvl 95 that doesn't seem likely.
GacktCamui is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2009, 23:31   #18
-gemini-
nublet? ♥

-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute-gemini- has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't tged in a LONG time so I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, this may be one reason.

Experience gained is based on how much health you take away from the mob (scarecrow/stake). So, if a stake has, say, 100 health and you hit it 40 dmg per fire circle, you'll get exp of X bringing the stake's health from 100 to 60, another X exp for 60 to 20 health reduction, and then 1/2X exp for the stake's health of 20 to zero. So, that last (third) cast of FC gives you less exp because there isn't 40 health left on the stake.

Now, say a trojan joins you at this stake and hits for 35 damage per hit. If he times it correctly, maybe he can get in 2 hits before your fire circle goes off. The stake's health goes:
trojan hits first: 100 -> 65 hp for the stake :: trojan gets Y exp
trojan hits second: 65 -> 30 :: trojan gets Y exp
your FC goes off: 30 -> 0 :: You get 3/4X exp

repeat for the rest of the time you're TGing. It may not just be denying you your exp (as some people say) but maximizing their exp. The trojan's third hit would reduce 35 health to the stake (and thus getting Y exp) instead of getting 6/7Y exp because you killed the stake.

I think this is how it went, but as preempted earlier, I haven't TGed since before I quit a year and a half ago. Also, I've never gone out of my way to hit other people's scarecrows/stakes, so I don't know for sure.

By the way, the above is an extreme example. If stakes really have 10k health like Gackt says, you two can probably happily share stakes for a few rounds before the above comes into play for the kill hit.

Last edited by -gemini-; 07-30-2009 at 23:34.
-gemini- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2009, 23:33   #19
SlayerZv2
hai ๏̯͡๏

SlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond reputeSlayerZv2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -gemini- View Post
I haven't tged in a LONG time so I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, this may be one reason.

Experience gained is based on how much health you take away from the mob (scarecrow/stake). So, if a stake has, say, 100 health and you hit it 40 dmg per fire circle, you'll get exp of X bringing the stake's health from 100 to 60, another X exp for 60 to 20 health reduction, and then 1/2X exp for the stake's health of 20 to zero. So, that last (third) cast of FC gives you less exp because there isn't 40 health left on the stake.

Now, say a trojan joins you at this stake and hits for 35 damage per hit. If he times it correctly, maybe he can get in 2 hits before your fire circle goes off. The stake's health goes:
trojan hits first: 100 -> 65 hp for the stake :: trojan gets Y exp
trojan hits second: 65 -> 30 :: trojan gets Y exp
your FC goes off: 30 -> 0 :: You get 3/4X exp

repeat for the rest of the time you're TGing. It may not just be denying you your exp (as some people say) but maximizing their exp. The trojan's third hit would reduce 35 health to the stake (and thus getting Y exp) instead of getting 6/7Y exp because you killed the stake.

I think this is how it went, but as preempted earlier, I haven't TGed since before I quit a year and a half ago. Also, I've never gone out of my way to hit other people's scarecrows/stakes, so I don't know for sure.
^

Was hoping Lotak would come in with all his math stuff though.

S> GEAR
Classic - Liberty

Challenge Accepted

-----------------

The best there ever was.
SlayerZv2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2009, 23:43   #20
Bryan1987

Bryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond reputeBryan1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bryan1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by swangirl View Post
Can you tell me if this is really true that two people hitting the same stake crow will get their xp faster?
test it for yourself...

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=635521

that's a lvling calculator i've made, just load it up, go to tg by urself, look at how long till you lvl... reset the calc then go to where a bunch of people are attacking a stake, and see how long till you lvl
Bryan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2009, 00:33   #21
FlamingSeeds

FlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond reputeFlamingSeeds has a reputation beyond repute
WoqqT
FlamingSeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12   #22
Noxette~9
Banned

Noxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Noxette~9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
I would kind of think that you would get more, simply because two people hitting it would mean you "kill" it more/faster, thereby gaining more exp. I could very easily be mistaken though, as I don't really spend a whole lot of time in TG.
Having someone, such as a 130 archer scatter near you, that 1 shots the stakes, does in fact increase your exp gained. As when you hit the stake, you are always hitting a "full hp" stake.
Noxette~9 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45   #23
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxette~9 View Post
Having someone, such as a 130 archer scatter near you, that 1 shots the stakes, does in fact increase your exp gained. As when you hit the stake, you are always hitting a "full hp" stake.
Well that's sort of true.
Assuming that you can never hit the stakes simultaneously and only one character actually get the exp, then it would apply since you are always taking away the maximum possible amount of exp each hit, rather than ever having over kill.

Stakes DO have 10k hp and what gemini said was pretty much spot on.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: