Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 13:58   #1
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Run CO in Windows 7 Beta

The upcoming Windows 7 is a great improvement over Windows Vista.
Being in a beta version, issues are unavoidable.
One issue is running Conquer Online.
There has been reports of BSODs when trying to run CO.

After some thorough testing and running the game client, I've found the cause and solution to this problem.
Conquer Online comes with a Anti Trojan application.
This application is NOT compatible with Windows 7.
It causes BSOD when running, so it needs to be terminated the instant it starts up.
This can be done manually with a fast hand on the mouse, it starts up minimized in the lower left corner, just above the Start button, click 'X' fast and you're good to go.

I hope this will help players using Windows 7 Beta
Old 01-17-2009, 04:23   #2
Socialguy

Socialguy is on a distinguished road
Windows 7 and Conquer Antivirus dont mesh

Ok all i have confirmed that yes it is the antivirus program thats causing the crashes and have found a way to take care of this so you can play!!!!!

This is what i did and seems to work but i noticed that the game is or can get pretty laggy while running win 7 .

What you want to do is navigate to your conquer 2.0 folder which would be something like c:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0 then go into the zftqat folder and make a copy of the 'TABCTL32.OCX' file on your desktop or where ever you would like to put it once thats done delete it from the zftqat folder.

Now run your game and presto working game = happy people

P.S. I dont run vista but if you have the same issues this should take care of it.
Old 01-24-2009, 19:59   #3
imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
gonna try this now. it was bugging me for half an hour!

will report back if it works.

imneveral0ne - 130-117 tro/war

Mustard & Mayoxx - 130/128 archer/archer
Old 01-24-2009, 20:12   #4
imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond reputeimneveral0ne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
well it worked, but it gives an annoying TABCTL32.OCX is missing or something like that error, anyway to get rid of that?

Old 01-30-2009, 13:17   #5
imneveral0ne

conquer online is a memory hog in windows 7, never used to have the trouble in xp or vista. wonder whats goin on :-\

Old 01-30-2009, 13:38   #6
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
how much memory it takes? try posting your task manager also make sure you dont have it on power saver if its a laptop

for me its 40% cpu usage and 200,000k~ memory in twin city in balanced power
and in full performance 30%

MyAnimeList

Last edited by Himie; 01-30-2009 at 13:45.
Old 10-22-2009, 21:26   #7
jaszhu

jaszhu is on a distinguished road
ok this is wat i did ("What you want to do is navigate to your conquer 2.0 folder which would be something like c:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0 then go into the zftqat folder and make a copy of the 'TABCTL32.OCX' file on your desktop or where ever you would like to put it once thats done delete it from the zftqat folder.") but it still lag just make sure after i copy to other place then i delete 'TABCTL32.OCX' file from the zftqat folder right? if that is then some how it dont work =( REALL lag still anyone know how to fix it?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:31   #8
Jaxx.
qq

Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
I installed windows 7 this week and conquer kept on giving me the blue screen of death everytime i loaded it.

so I did this

"What you want to do is navigate to your conquer 2.0 folder which would be something like c:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0 then go into the zftqat folder and make a copy of the 'TABCTL32.OCX' file on your desktop or where ever you would like to put it once thats done delete it from the zftqat folder."

and now it works though I do keep getting an error msg everytime i start co which is ok, i can deal with that.

BUT surely I will now get botjailed by TQ as I have modified my conquer folder by deleting this 1 file...

Can Cindy answer this question for me.
Old 12-09-2009, 15:46   #9
Aerosis

Aerosis is on a distinguished road
im getting this error when i try to autopatch the client-.-'Click image for larger version

Name:	co error.png
Views:	212
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	127109
after i click OK im getting this Click image for larger version

Name:	co error2.png
Views:	197
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	127110
have tested download directx and direct3D nothing works-.-
how do i fix it?
Old 12-10-2009, 02:27   #10
Beyrone
STŲRM

Beyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosis View Post
im getting this error when i try to autopatch the client-.-'Attachment 127109
after i click OK im getting this Attachment 127110
have tested download directx and direct3D nothing works-.-
how do i fix it?
I had the same problem on my old pc, nothing really worked for me as not that many games widely support windows 7 yet. I switched to a new laptop and installed the official full version of windows 7 and now conquer is running fine, apart from a screen resolution problem when the game drops in fps. but that might be related to my widescreen laptop.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:17   #11
Imperial_Legion
AkA ŠNinja

Imperial_Legion is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Windows 7 CO Fix

Here is a link to the Fix for the anti-trojan BSoD For non tech savy people..Please note this is fix was released by the Windows 7 Beta Group and is not made by TQ or Microsoft. But if ur having problems with Windows 7 and Conquer it fixes it. Make sure u run the program as administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows Vist. I'm not sure if u have to run in compatibility mode.. i did just incase lol.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wnmmm...-Fix-08933.exe

Was fun but no more...

Come Join Us in (Perfect World) Were we play now.... that CO Days done...
Perfect World International (Lost City)
Devinous Lvl 27 Cleric [Heritics Leader]
Old 02-06-2009, 08:37   #12
nhodge

nhodge is on a distinguished road
Win 7 64bit problem

I am running CO in Vista 64bit no problems but when I try and run it in Win 7 64bit it gives me an error message saying that ther version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows I am running. Check your system to see whether you need an x86 or x64 version of the software. I tried changing compatibility settings but it still does the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions or run into this problem?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36   #13
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
I am running CO in Vista 64bit no problems but when I try and run it in Win 7 64bit it gives me an error message saying that ther version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows I am running. Check your system to see whether you need an x86 or x64 version of the software. I tried changing compatibility settings but it still does the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions or run into this problem?
which file?

MyAnimeList
Old 02-14-2009, 13:53   #14
Miss. Pain

Miss. Pain is on a distinguished road
I fixed the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) with the file Imperial_Legion placed below.

Now i see this little black popup and it shows: " Program to big to fit in memory".

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
Old 04-25-2009, 20:04   #15
UnknownLegend
OWNAGE

UnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond reputeUnknownLegend has a reputation beyond repute
better solution, say **** all TQ extras, go in2 ur client folder find Conquer.exe set a shortcut to that on desktop, right click the shortcut select propertys and where it says target the box that should say SOMETHING LIKE THIS NOT EXACTLY DEPENDS ON YOUR COMPUTER IT MAY BUT MIGHT NOT "C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\Conquer.exe" change that to "C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\Conquer.exe" BLACKNULL if your to stupid 2 figure that one out then you dont deserve 2 have your client open fast and easy, enjoy non-dip****s who figured it out ^^

also dunno if thisll work or not im pretty sure it will if not ohh well now u kno how 2 do this xD
*NOTE: IF YOU DID THIS YOU NEED EITHER START MANUAL PATCHING, OR OPEN CLIENT NORMALLY EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE VERY EASY TO GET YOUR CLIENT OUTDATED BY ALOT DOIN THIS SO JUS BE CONCIOUS OF IT*

I done told you boy I'm a soldier boy
I got no choice but to be a riiida
I approach you boy with the toaster boy
Get to point blank range and fiiiya
I ain't tryin to hear **** I'm supposed to be rich
Mu'fu*ka get in tha way of my bread
Then I'm 'gon load my **** then co*k my ****
N*gga trip I'll come for yo head

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: