Old 06-10-2011, 20:26   #1
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
I discovered the purpose of Whips and Hooks! (Sort of)

Well, to start off, let me get to the blade vs. sword argument.

Basically, a person should choose blades if he favors more attack, was good at fastblade or wanted to herc occasionally over swords who have less attack, but phoenix which is great for melee and accuracy. Actually, you can stack extra points in vitality since you don't need agility because of phoenix whereas a blade user would need some agility to break the gate or whatever.

So, that sums up the basic argument. But the question is, what's the purpose of having higher accuracy for swords if you have phoenix...it deems accuracy to be useless.

Now, some people should have seen some sword users who somehow hit high damage with phoenix, but even higher with regular melee. That effect is supposed to be for people who have gears full double socketed and embedded with sdgs. For example, a tro in my server was hitting guild gates for 36-38ks with level 6 phoenix but 47-50ks with regular melee. This effect only works with regular melee hits not with weapon skill or anything else.

So, that makes swords a bad choice since you can't hit the person with your strongest attack because of phoenix where the blades would have the strange melee effect for each of their melee attacks. One remedy would be to have a low level pheonix or no pheonix at all and then have the perfect balance......NO! Why not just choose blades if you can't use phoenix to the full extent for swords? Plus, you would also have to stack points in agility and then end up having the same HP as the blade user. Sword are pointless, the end.........Then, blades is the answer. BUT, everyone knows one thing...blades never catch anyone with melee, whether you have agility or you give yourself accuracy...they are pointless in that aspect.........

If only you could, you know, somehow mix their abilities and get the perfect match.......Wait, lemme guess, this is where those hooks and wimps come in? I mean, hooks and whips. Their low weapon skill activation rate plus high accuracy makes them perfect for those melee hits. Plus, their attack is close to those of swords and blades. Now, if some idiot thinks, w8 dumass y not get sword and blade....remember this isn't supposed to be for phoenix, it's for regular melee hits that have more attack than phoenix. Always remember what's at stake. You are giving up pheonix and stacking points in agility to get more attack. BUT, if you remember, it'll only work if you have full double socketed equipment soooo, if you don't, it's back to choosing between blades and swords. Thing is, TQ made special stuff so that it'll suit everyone's needs. If you lack something in one aspect, you'll have something that'll definitely suit you. PLUS, if someone argues you don't have any ranged attack, remember you can use blade and whip or blade and hooks. Remember, the skills for whips and hooks are also coming up, so that's something to look forward to for these weapons.

Last edited by MyThirdAccount; 09-13-2011 at 10:43.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2011, 02:53   #2
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
my mind just blowed up

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2011, 08:51   #3
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
I sometimes use a Whip as a supplement to with a Club (Both have an AoE skill though Roamer is only 180, still help). Havent fiddles with Hooks yet. Except maybe use them for style on my seller (Level 75 Hook FTW)

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2011, 09:48   #4
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
my mind just blowed up
Old 06-11-2011, 10:00   #5
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosknightray View Post
I sometimes use a Whip as a supplement to with a Club (Both have an AoE skill though Roamer is only 180, still help). Havent fiddles with Hooks yet. Except maybe use them for style on my seller (Level 75 Hook FTW)
I tried hooks and whips, both on my tro with dagger. Once you know how to melee, trust me, its a lot of fun. In my opinion, the easiest target to melee is an fber, and then comes everyone else, even though getting a melee hit on the fber is quite hard. Btw, what does AoE skill stand for? I've heard of it before but i can't remember.
Old 06-17-2011, 22:21   #6
Silvanoesti

Silvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond reputeSilvanoesti has a reputation beyond repute
Or, you could just not get pheonix skill... and have the damage and accuracy of sword instead of whip...

what?
Silvanoesti is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2011, 08:09   #7
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoesti View Post
Or, you could just not get pheonix skill... and have the damage and accuracy of sword instead of whip...
Well, thx for readin it. Thing is, it'll BUG me if i didn't have phoenix skill for my sword. You'll also need agility points in your attributes (Remember, phoenix for swords was made so that you can put those points in vitality). Plus, the thing with whip is, its gonna get a new ranged skill (Revamp of Passive skills) though it'll come out pretty late. Whips are also cheaper. Elite 2 soc in my server would be for 5 cps. Yea, sure you can use the sword without the nix...but, people will surely not be able to resist for long, i guess. Well, whips won't be useful in PvP until they get their ranged skill, so ur right as long as they lack in that aspect.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:26   #8
Cloud~
~pnolɔ

Cloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond reputeCloud~ has a reputation beyond repute
if you want to melee, use a spear

Hive guardian of the OT ninja squad

Got a question about bots or need a quick review? Feel free to throw me a PM.

You're and your. Know the******* difference already.
Cloud~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2011, 08:44   #9
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud~ View Post
if you want to melee, use a spear
I know a certain thing that gets meh pene to go off on people so i don't need it. The chances of it going off are like 70-80 pct. Sooooo, i dont need spears my man.
Old 06-19-2011, 13:15   #10
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Though to answer your question, spear's real damage lies in its speed gun, not in its regular melee hits, so its best used on some secondary class.
Old 06-19-2011, 20:31   #11
StarApocalypse

StarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond repute
>.> Woosh that was alot to read through. xD. Sounded like a big mess to me, but that's cause I'm tired and read it too fast.

I'm wondering about the part where SDG's aren't considered in Skill Damage?
^ Can anybody verify this? (Not that I don't trust your testing "MyThirdAccount" but more opinions = better fact)
Old 06-20-2011, 07:13   #12
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarApocalypse View Post
>.> Woosh that was alot to read through. xD. Sounded like a big mess to me, but that's cause I'm tired and read it too fast.

I'm wondering about the part where SDG's aren't considered in Skill Damage?
^ Can anybody verify this? (Not that I don't trust your testing "MyThirdAccount" but more opinions = better fact)
It's not that SDG's aren't considered in skill damage, but just that once you get 14 sdgs in your gears (full double sockets) or something, your regular melee hits (without the skill) get multiplied by 1.5 and thus, if you are duel sworded, you'll be hitting a lot more without phoenix. It's a weird, weird thing.
Old 06-20-2011, 21:24   #13
StarApocalypse

StarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond reputeStarApocalypse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
It's not that SDG's aren't considered in skill damage, but just that once you get 14 sdgs in your gears (full double sockets) or something, your regular melee hits (without the skill) get multiplied by 1.5 and thus, if you are duel sworded, you'll be hitting a lot more without phoenix. It's a weird, weird thing.
Ahh I see. I've never heard of that before. Interesting thought; I'm going to look into it more.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:50   #14
MyThirdAccount
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarApocalypse View Post
"Who feels like visiting Egypt after playing CO for this many years?" O.o
lol, just noticed this.
Old 10-13-2011, 00:30   #15
corey0092
The Dude

corey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond repute
I recommend all dual blade users to get rid of their 176 str and give yourself 176 agility.

as a warrior I have 176 str 176 agil 215 vital 0 spi
I have a +12 warrior set, and +8 universal set
140 spear +12. 140 wand +12 140 pblade +12

now normally with 2 handers, you rely on the weapon skills. but give yourself agility and you will see the difference against other players.

even using a blade, i can zap melee people, or zap melee fb combo people. agility makes a HUGE difference

if youre going to use dual weaps, not ever change them and give yourself agility over str.
I dont know if its even possible, but how about creating a forum section where people could write their suggestions, and other forum users could vote for them. And if any suggestion would be good some forum super mod could forward it to designers or someone. You could call it suggestions forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Im not saying that im a pedophile, im just saying that the age of consent should be 7
corey0092 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: