Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 16:35   #46
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quite sure potency, cps and lottery got added mid 2007. Ask Doc, he has all the data of "the old times".

Besides, don't be too negative. Even in "1.0", bulking was an option. There were a lot of people that bulked, and outgeared others.

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 11-25-2012 at 16:38.
~*panda*~ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2012, 16:41   #47
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
You could say that, but it didn't matter near as much and db's/sockets were easier to come by for the normal non-bulking player. Don't remember the exact year they got added though. 2006 doesn't sound right however.
Planes v1.0b is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2012, 18:30   #48
Micdeath

Micdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Um easier? No, it was not. Was pretty hard actually.

The great thing about co1.0 was that having just full super gear was enough to be a threat on the field. Full super 1 sock gear you can start killing people. full super 1 sock +5 gear you were pretty much at par with full +9 gear peeps, except warriors. You needed high attack to beat them. But the Super 1 sock +5 gear was enough to make a difference in GW.

Sounds easy in today's standards, but getting +5 gear wasn't easy. You had to scour the market often to find the +1's to make the +2's,+3s, etc you needed. Trust me when I say this, you needed a LOT of +1's. Crazy amounts.

Plus you needed a crap ton of mets to spam for a socket gear.
I had spammed over 8k mets and never got a socket. The first socket gear I did get was just recently. I was spamming my 1 sock ref necky and managed to land a 2nd sock. Can't tell you how happy I was.

Or you could have turned to people who already had them. At a cost of like 40 DB's per 1 sock NORMAL gear.

**** was tough back them, but you had pride in what you had.
Even bulkers didn't create gear out of nothing, they had to do some leg work to spend all their DB's on gear.

http://bbs.co.91.com/attachment.php?...5&d=1353893245
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myfirstsocket.jpg
Views:	1943
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	147975  

Last edited by Micdeath; 11-25-2012 at 18:33.
Micdeath is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2012, 21:23   #49
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
Spamming mets in tc to get sockets was easy as ****, please dont pretend it was hard. AND OH GOD PLEASE DONT COMPARE SOCKET CHANCES NOW TO HOW EASY IT WAS THEN.

The reason they cost so many dbs is because db's were almost useless at the time.

Last edited by Planes v1.0b; 11-25-2012 at 21:30.
Old 11-25-2012, 21:35   #50
Erucher
^Floater^

Erucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond reputeErucher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanAlanAlan! View Post
Why are you bragging about this bro????????????? REALLY YOU ARE AN ANIME ***
QFT, can't stand anime people... and yes they are a 'people' that i don't like with a passion.
Old 11-25-2012, 22:03   #51
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Nobody cares.
Old 11-25-2012, 23:09   #52
JimmySingh*new
Banned

JimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond reputeJimmySingh*new has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micdeath View Post
Um easier? No, it was not. Was pretty hard actually.

The great thing about co1.0 was that having just full super gear was enough to be a threat on the field. Full super 1 sock gear you can start killing people. full super 1 sock +5 gear you were pretty much at par with full +9 gear peeps, except warriors. You needed high attack to beat them. But the Super 1 sock +5 gear was enough to make a difference in GW.

Sounds easy in today's standards, but getting +5 gear wasn't easy. You had to scour the market often to find the +1's to make the +2's,+3s, etc you needed. Trust me when I say this, you needed a LOT of +1's. Crazy amounts.

Plus you needed a crap ton of mets to spam for a socket gear.
I had spammed over 8k mets and never got a socket. The first socket gear I did get was just recently. I was spamming my 1 sock ref necky and managed to land a 2nd sock. Can't tell you how happy I was.

Or you could have turned to people who already had them. At a cost of like 40 DB's per 1 sock NORMAL gear.

**** was tough back them, but you had pride in what you had.
Even bulkers didn't create gear out of nothing, they had to do some leg work to spend all their DB's on gear.

http://bbs.co.91.com/attachment.php?...5&d=1353893245

picture of refined 2 soc necky with ss date of 2012. what r u saying?
JimmySingh*new is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2012, 23:26   #53
Micdeath

Micdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmySingh*new View Post
picture of refined 2 soc necky with ss date of 2012. what r u saying?
Quote:
I had spammed over 8k mets and never got a socket. The first socket gear I did get was just recently. I was spamming
Reading skills, you haz none.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30   #54
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Afaik you need the same amount of +1 items before as you need now. Not sure what you are saying. They were harder to come by yea, because dbs were worth about 5 mil, while +1's were 1.5m-2m. Bulkers would buy all + items and get high plusses. The rest would settle with what the hunt gave them, which wasn't all that bad. Full super to be a threat is a lie tho. You needed at least elite/super 2 socket sdg'd +4 weapons to be able to do more or less reasonable damage, and those cost a lot. Sdgs were what? 6 dbs back then? Easily making a +4 2s sdg club costing 15-20 dbs.

Socket rate was quite good back then, especially when second reborn came out. Lucky time flashed up too much, a lot of people made tons of sockets before the patch lowered them.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28   #55
.Will.

.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute.Will. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBlaze#2 View Post
he has nothing better to do. CO is his life, he doesn't play it, he loves to log on forums daily
Living on the forum on a daily basis, providing information or ideas for the game aren't that bad, are they?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:45   #56
Micdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Afaik you need the same amount of +1 items before as you need now. Not sure what you are saying. They were harder to come by yea, because dbs were worth about 5 mil, while +1's were 1.5m-2m. Bulkers would buy all + items and get high plusses. The rest would settle with what the hunt gave them, which wasn't all that bad. Full super to be a threat is a lie tho. You needed at least elite/super 2 socket sdg'd +4 weapons to be able to do more or less reasonable damage, and those cost a lot. Sdgs were what? 6 dbs back then? Easily making a +4 2s sdg club costing 15-20 dbs.

Socket rate was quite good back then, especially when second reborn came out. Lucky time flashed up too much, a lot of people made tons of sockets before the patch lowered them.
I am talking about about co1.0 not co2.0.
2nd reborn is actually a fairly recent addition. It has been like what? 3-4 years ago?

Anyway, yes full super alone was enough to be at threat to every class except warriors.
Only warrior had the defense to not be 1-2 shot. Why? Do you remember which head gear was popular and why?

Lets do some math shall we?
Total attack - Defense
You have Ears/Helm, necky, shield, and Armor.
lets go with super lvl 120 gear.
Ears: 400
Helm: Warrior:768 | Trojan:576
Necky: 551
Armor: Warrior: 1258 | Trojan:1239
Shield: (lvl 110 since lvl 120 shield were not released till after co 2.0 came out.)558
Total defense:
Warrior w/ ears: 2,767
Trojan w/ ears: 2,190
Warrior w/ helm: 3,135
Trojan w/ helm: 2,366

Now lets look at the popular builds back then.
Blade+club(BC), blade+blade(BB), Sword+Blade(SB), sword+sword(SS) and club+club(CC) for trojan
And Blade/Sword/Club for Warrior w/ shield.

BC: Club Main, Blade off: 4,019-1,783
BB: 3,247-2,214
CC: 4,405-1,567
SB: Blade main, Sword off: 3,041-2,076
SS: 2,628-1800

Now we add blade skills, which is 30% damage increase.
BC: 5,224-2,317
BB: 4,221-2,878
SB: 3,953-2,698
SS: 3,416-2,340

Now, at lvl 120, warrior have like 3500 hp or so, and Trojans around 4k.
Lets see final damage after armor is factored in.
We will go with the highest and lowest.
Total defense:
Warrior w/ ears: BC: 2,457-1 dmg, SS: 649-1 dmg
Trojan w/ ears: BC: 3,034-127 dmg, SS: 1,226-150 dmg
Warrior w/ helm: BC: 2,089-1 dmg, SS: 281-1 dmg
Trojan w/ helm: BC: 2,858-1 dmg, SS: 1,050-1 dmg

This is assuming both parties are equal as there is a slight damage increase if your over level the other.

Again, these damages are based on flat super gear. They will decrease with + gear armor, and will increase with + weapons, stig, etc.
Damage also gets reduced based on reborn status, since this is co 1.0 I am talking it about, it is 30% over all damage reduce. Meaning it comes before armor reduction.

Here is a simple challenge. Make a single +5 item using drops only. Be it from market or self. It will put things into perspective for you when I say you needed A LOT of +1's.
Yes the same amount is needed as back then, but finding the right ones was the chore.

You young kids know nothing about co 1.0 and how awesome it was back then. Simple, and fairly balanced. Archers on the PvP front sucked against equally geared peeps, but that was made up by our awesome hunting powers.

Hell, there would be only two reasons why you would go past +5 super 1 sock gear for PvP, and that was to see higher damage numbers, or penetrating a warriors XP shield. Man, the fun I had walking around like a boss with that xp shield up and nobody could do a damn thing about it. Mostly...

So what you got next young'in? You gonna get schooled by the old schooler. :3
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29   #57
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post

When I started dbs were worth under 2mil and +1's only 800k for a 1hander, 400k or less for a 2hander, 1.2 for an armor and 2~ for ears/boots(I believe, not completely sure on these, db's were definitely under 2mil). Everything was easier to come by, the only thing that was harder was the 2socket weapons and even that isn't such a big deal. Dbs were less useful and easier to get, if you were hunting for any decent amount of time chances are youd get one and if you didn't, the profit youd make off of your inventory would easily equal a few dbs if thats what you chose to do with it.

I suppose you can say +8's were harder but I mean in general, getting geared to be on par with everyone else on the server and be able to actually kill **** was a much easier task

Quote:
You young kids know nothing about co 1.0 and how awesome it was back then. Simple, and fairly balanced. Archers on the PvP front sucked against equally geared peeps, but that was made up by our awesome hunting powers.

this guy is bad

Last edited by Planes v1.0b; 11-26-2012 at 04:35.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47   #58
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Will. View Post
Living on the forum on a daily basis, providing information or ideas for the game aren't that bad, are they?
I wouldn't call it living >_>

Quote:
I am talking about about co1.0 not co2.0.
2nd reborn is actually a fairly recent addition. It has been like what? 3-4 years ago?

Quite sure we were talking about 1.0 and it's transition towards 2.0 as a comparison. 2nd reborn came out with the whole 2.0 patch.

Anyway, yes full super alone was enough to be at threat to every class except warriors.
Only warrior had the defense to not be 1-2 shot. Why? Do you remember which head gear was popular and why?

Fire taos were useless, no damage and easily potted. Yea earrings were popular because they could be swapped between characters, albeit I never needed them because taos were easy enough to be owned. full super alone didn't take long as being the "average" gear. Damage on a super ring & 2 super non socket weapons was not enough to 1 hit an equal geared person, let alone higher geared.

Lets do some math shall we?
Total attack - Defense
You have Ears/Helm, necky, shield, and Armor.
lets go with super lvl 120 gear.
Ears: 400
Helm: Warrior:768 | Trojan:576
Necky: 551
Armor: Warrior: 1258 | Trojan:1239
Shield: (lvl 110 since lvl 120 shield were not released till after co 2.0 came out.)558
Total defense:
Warrior w/ ears: 2,767
Trojan w/ ears: 2,190
Warrior w/ helm: 3,135
Trojan w/ helm: 2,366

Now lets look at the popular builds back then.
Blade+club(BC), blade+blade(BB), Sword+Blade(SB), sword+sword(SS) and club+club(CC) for trojan
And Blade/Sword/Club for Warrior w/ shield.

BC: Club Main, Blade off: 4,019-1,783
BB: 3,247-2,214
CC: 4,405-1,567
SB: Blade main, Sword off: 3,041-2,076
SS: 2,628-1800

Now we add blade skills, which is 30% damage increase.
BC: 5,224-2,317
BB: 4,221-2,878
SB: 3,953-2,698
SS: 3,416-2,340

Now, at lvl 120, warrior have like 3500 hp or so, and Trojans around 4k.
Lets see final damage after armor is factored in.
We will go with the highest and lowest.
Total defense:
Warrior w/ ears: BC: 2,457-1 dmg, SS: 649-1 dmg
Trojan w/ ears: BC: 3,034-127 dmg, SS: 1,226-150 dmg
Warrior w/ helm: BC: 2,089-1 dmg, SS: 281-1 dmg
Trojan w/ helm: BC: 2,858-1 dmg, SS: 1,050-1 dmg

This is assuming both parties are equal as there is a slight damage increase if your over level the other.

Again, these damages are based on flat super gear. They will decrease with + gear armor, and will increase with + weapons, stig, etc.
Damage also gets reduced based on reborn status, since this is co 1.0 I am talking it about, it is 30% over all damage reduce. Meaning it comes before armor reduction.

I was not debating that equal geared people were a challenge to eachother, of course they were. (Albeit fb didn't do 30% more, it was just 100% back then). The thing is, "bulkers" usually had 4-5-6 +'s higher on their gear, with +9 being the maximum. They usually had super dragon gems too, to the point where bulked trojans one herced everything on the server.

Here is a simple challenge. Make a single +5 item using drops only. Be it from market or self. It will put things into perspective for you when I say you needed A LOT of +1's.
Yes the same amount is needed as back then, but finding the right ones was the chore.

I'm fully aware, considering I got an item +6 in 1.0. It is easier now yea, merely because there is such an abundant amount of + stones out there.

Balanced? Oh God, how much have you been dreaming? Archers were pretty good, because intensify rapid actually did quite a bit of damage. Pré 120+ boots, they actually did fair damage too, but not enough to compete. Taos have never been balanced. An equal geared fire tao doing about 500 damage? Hell, in most occasions, their guard was way more dangerous. Warriors were too weak damage wise, and their armor got owned by a few super dragon gems. Only xp shield made them a tank, but in general, not worth it.

Hell, there would be only two reasons why you would go past +5 super 1 sock gear for PvP, and that was to see higher damage numbers, or penetrating a warriors XP shield. Man, the fun I had walking around like a boss with that xp shield up and nobody could do a damn thing about it. Mostly...

People did it mainly to be the best. Of course you upgrade gear to see higher damage numbers, what else?

Don't let the young one school you if you plan to make yourself look like a teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBlaze#2 View Post
He also told me he loves boys
Cool. This fact is as accurate as your other posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planes v1.0b View Post
When I started dbs were worth under 2mil and +1's only 800k for a 1hander, 400k or less for a 2hander, 1.2 for an armor and 2~ for ears/boots(I believe, not completely sure on these, db's were definitely under 2mil). Everything was easier to come by, the only thing that was harder was the 2socket weapons and even that isn't such a big deal. Dbs were less useful and easier to get, if you were hunting for any decent amount of time chances are youd get one and if you didn't, the profit youd make off of your inventory would easily equal a few dbs if thats what you chose to do with it.

I suppose you can say +8's were harder but I mean in general, getting geared to be on par with everyone else on the server and be able to actually kill **** was a much easier task

this guy is bad
Dbs were only 1m for a short while, but it raised quickly afterwards. Although what you are saying in general is true, It was easier to be a worthy competitor back then because the line between bulking and skills was much thinner.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57   #59
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

I still say bulking got you nnowhere, the best players I knew got there gear pleveling & making sockets.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01   #60
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

Yea like I said, a lot of people got rich when lucky time socketing came out. It was like 3x the usual rate, 1/50 was being said. Although it was only for a few days of course. Then rates got destroyed.

Bulking got you on the top quickly though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: