Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 19:45   #76
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild81 View Post
Hi!

I posted this also as a new thread to FAQ / troubleshooting section but didn't get any replies there so i'm trying my luck in this thread. Orginal post was (and this problem is still on):

I was able to get CO up and running by removing that Zftqat folder, but the problem is now that the game lags way too much... basically it's unplayable.

It runs on 1-5 fps all the time.
I would like to get it fixed without installing any 3rd party boost application. I doubt that this is caused by the lack of memory etc. When CO is running, i have 2gb free memory and the CO process eats CPU around 40pc which was normal when I ran it with Vista and it worked.

I've tried running CO on XP SP2 and XP SP3 compitibility mode and it acts the same. When I run it in VISTA compatibility mode, the game runs smooth with 32 fps when theres nothing on the screen, when mobs or other ppl appear, it jumps to 1-5 fps instantly.

Is anyone experiencing this? ... any tips or solutions around?

Is there any debug log generated? If yes, please post it here.
Old 07-29-2009, 21:15   #77
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild81 View Post
Hi!

I posted this also as a new thread to FAQ / troubleshooting section but didn't get any replies there so i'm trying my luck in this thread. Orginal post was (and this problem is still on):

I was able to get CO up and running by removing that Zftqat folder, but the problem is now that the game lags way too much... basically it's unplayable.

It runs on 1-5 fps all the time.
I would like to get it fixed without installing any 3rd party boost application. I doubt that this is caused by the lack of memory etc. When CO is running, i have 2gb free memory and the CO process eats CPU around 40pc which was normal when I ran it with Vista and it worked.

I've tried running CO on XP SP2 and XP SP3 compitibility mode and it acts the same. When I run it in VISTA compatibility mode, the game runs smooth with 32 fps when theres nothing on the screen, when mobs or other ppl appear, it jumps to 1-5 fps instantly.

Is anyone experiencing this? ... any tips or solutions around?
Drivers for GFX needs to be the latest.
I've experienced some problems with older nVidia drivers, they cause a significant FPS loss. I wouldn't wonder if the same problem occured with ATI drivers aswell.
Also make sure that all motherboard drivers are updated and not just the legacy ones provided with Windows 7.
Conondrum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2009, 07:06   #78
Wild81
Senile Miner

Wild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond reputeWild81 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for replies.

There is no log that i know of that would capture any data about this problem, the game basically runs without errors... only that it lags seriusly.

The issue could be with a video card drivers... too bad that there aren't that much drivers for Win7 yet and I currently need to stick with Win7 legacy ones=(

If the problem really is caused by drivers, then this game should need a serius optimization. Graphics aren't THAT good and it shouldn't be so demanding on video card performance=)

-Luomuteurastaja
Wild81 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 10:55   #79
mantra02tubbs
>tubby<

mantra02tubbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Iv got conquer working on windows 7

Iv Read all comments in this Thread and iv had the same proplem as outhers

Blue Screen Of Death : Quick fix Rename or Delete (bkhf5454) and (zftqat) this stoped me getting Blue Screen of death.

Locking up when sighing in : For me it was my Graphics Drivers That i did not get wiv Windows 7 go to and downloade http://rapidshare.com/files/26368317...ista_15115.exe

Iv got Version: 5156 This works for me

Hope this helps people as it did help me. if it dont Well bad LUCK
mantra02tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 19:00   #80
sameh sayed

sameh sayed is on a distinguished road
found a solution

i renamed zftqat and the game opene

but.... it is very slow
sameh sayed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2009, 02:16   #81
mantra02tubbs
>tubby<

mantra02tubbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh sayed View Post
i renamed zftqat and the game opene

but.... it is very slow
My FPS Are Running around about 32 FPS
i have not had no proplems wiv my FPS being low
mantra02tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2009, 15:55   #82
patrix_rs

patrix_rs is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial_Legion View Post
Here is a link to the Fix for the anti-trojan BSoD..Please note this is fix was released by the Windows 7 Beta Group and is not made by TQ or Microsoft. But if ur having problems with Windows 7 and Conquer it fixes it. Make sure u run the program as administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows Vist. I'm not sure if u have to run in compatibility mode.. i did just incase lol.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wnmmm...-Fix-08933.exe

Don't work!! i'm still without playing!!!
patrix_rs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2009, 06:54   #83
paulonet

paulonet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix_rs View Post
Don't work!! i'm still without playing!!!
[2]
Old 08-21-2009, 15:50   #84
Endet
You think?

Endet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone who has low FPS in CO with Win 7, do this: Turn OFF ALL compatibility modes for CO. If doesn't work, try with and without "run as adminstrator" if still persist, see if ANY program you are running at that time has Compatibility mode on, if yes then turn them off.

This worked for me atleast. Running in Compatibility mode makes my FPS drop down to 9 where as without them I run at 39 constant.
Old 08-21-2009, 16:11   #85
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
if the superbar (taskbar) gets in the way of the conquer screen it will also drain some fps so while playing make sure you move/autohide the superbar

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25   #86
PlagueKnight54

PlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond reputePlagueKnight54 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking yeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
So you all agree that deleting the anti-trojan file helps running CO on Win7, right?
i didnt delete the program just changed the folder name and it stops it from running, but is still there is for some unknown reason i wanna use the worthless thing later. and have no problems what so ever. At first i was having issues with my video card as Windows 7 didnt support it any more, so i got a new card, mobo, cpu and more ram so as for stats i could run anything i wanted and probably run it twice, but before i disabled the antibot prog. it still gave me BSOD but all is well and back to playing.. thanks Conondrum for the info.
PlagueKnight54 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 19:16   #87
bibmiflut

bibmiflut is on a distinguished road
Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective
bibmiflut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12   #88
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueKnight54 View Post
i didnt delete the program just changed the folder name and it stops it from running, but is still there is for some unknown reason i wanna use the worthless thing later. and have no problems what so ever. At first i was having issues with my video card as Windows 7 didnt support it any more, so i got a new card, mobo, cpu and more ram so as for stats i could run anything i wanted and probably run it twice, but before i disabled the antibot prog. it still gave me BSOD but all is well and back to playing.. thanks Conondrum for the info.
I see. Will forward any useful information to our technicians.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:36   #89
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
New update for Windows 7 KB974332
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/974332

A new update has been made by Microsoft on September 22 2009 to improve the compatibility for games, firmware and applications. Some errors include:

• The game, the application, or the firmware is installed incorrectly.
  • The game, the application, or the firmware causes system instability.
  • The primary functions of the game, the application, or the firmware do not work correctly.

If you have problems download the newest update through Microsoft Update.

MyAnimeList

Last edited by Himie; 09-23-2009 at 09:16.
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2009, 17:48   #90
Natoru
SirDidymus

Natoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Natoru
Use this updated compiled guide on how to run Windows 7 -

[Guide]Running Conquer Online in Windows 7

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: