View Poll Results: How do you define someone's PRO-ness?
FB SKILLS 39 32.50%
ASSETS (EQUIPS, WEALTH) 13 10.83%
TIME SPENT 20 16.67%
CHAR REP? 15 12.50%
OTHER 17 14.17%
1 + 2 4 3.33%
4 + 2 3 2.50%
1 + 4 9 7.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 16:11   #1
xxforbidden
Kira
 
xxforbidden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 229
xxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond reputexxforbidden has a reputation beyond repute
Define Pro vs Noob

I'm not sure if this has been posted before.. but curiosity is killing me
So...... I'm going to ask anyway
How do you measure someone's pro/noobness?
Is it by their assets [dbs,equips,items,etc.]? (db buyers??)
or.. their fbing skills? (not everybody uses tros though)
or perhaps.. the amount of time they've spent playing?
or their character level? (could be bought, dbed up, botted, waterfarmed, etc.)
__________________
.:ch1n353.b01:.

Last edited by xxforbidden; 11-19-2007 at 16:17.
xxforbidden is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 16:13   #2
WaterMelon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 440
WaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond reputeWaterMelon has a reputation beyond repute
the way they play.
even if u have the best equips
if u have no skills
when u met those people with excellent skills
u will not be able to kill them
WaterMelon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 17:37   #3
dkall
:I
 
dkall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada, BC
Posts: 2,580
dkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond reputedkall has a reputation beyond repute
Really boils down to user opinion...

I'd say, pro would be FB/SS/Meele Skills, playability skills etc.

Noob would be cheaters, or those without skills.

Buyers don't really count as a classification, because you can be bulked up with all the best gear but suck dragonballs and not be able to hit anyone at all, or you could be pro in skill and wipe GA clean...


Also, 1+4, thats totally pro.
__________________
||Recin|| (Warrior - Warrior - Trojan)[Level 125:125:130] [Scorpio]
Super Sword [+7]
Super Sword [+7]



Best Socket Trick

Quote:
"National socialism will use its own revolution for establishing a new world order."- Adolf Hitler
dkall is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 18:20   #4
Whisker_Bizkit
JdMR
 
Whisker_Bizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: km
Posts: 2,059
Whisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond repute
I chose Other Because I think the General knowledge of ALL of the games aspects really makes you a Pr0. HTA is a pro in the knowledge department but I could probably own her in PVP (<3 Raina) just because of my gears I have thusfar, I am An expert Fb/ss in my opinion but do I get beat... Absoloutely. but I have never raised an archer so in that respect I am a noob. . . Like dkall said its an opinion thing when you are measuring skill vs skill. I have been called a noob because I pk people. . . Yet the same people try to pk me and get killed and then I am a noob because all of the sudden I am an aimbotter because I can kill them efficiently.... same applies with Shift Screen. My Friend Tony (NUTWAGON~ KingJus) is a master at using shift screen while attacking on a fire tao, but when he does it he is a "noob Zoomhacker".

Its purely a matter of opinion, one of which TQ could help us with if they had some kind of PK counter that showed a sort of Win/Loss record in the Field as it pertains to Frags/Pks. (of course this would only work if they implemented some sort of software that auto patched any server sided hacks as well as Client sided ones as dkall also mentioned in a previous thread a little while ago). Damn I have a tendency to rant /my fail xD


Edit: and my views expressed above are purely Opinion
__________________
***8594; ***3663;***865;***815;***3663; ***8592;

New Class Discussion ***8594; "Thief"(***8592; Click and Discuss)

Trojan***8594;Spartan Subclass Poll(***8592;Vote Now!!!)

Poll: FB/SS Tournament(***8592; Click And Vote!!)


_***9650;
***9650; ***9650; ***8592; Tri-Force = Power, Courage And Wisdom


Quote:
I just voted yes because its a suggestion by Whisker and he's among the few here who have a brain

Last edited by Whisker_Bizkit; 11-19-2007 at 19:24.
Whisker_Bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 18:30   #5
Sinix
IbotjailU
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,829
Sinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond reputeSinix has a reputation beyond repute
i voted char rep, i assume thats char reputation? anyway yeah, people can have fb skills and still be considered a noob, same with great gears and playing for a long time, i seen ppl who played this game for 3+ years and still act like a noob. its all about reputation
__________________
Craft / Envy
Sinix is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 19:08   #6
Winduu
ImNotAM0d
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 931
Winduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud ofWinduu has much to be proud of
pro or w/e ur calling it would be a skilled player knowing all possible information about how to play the game and knowing how to make money fast sell items good and have good items and a lot of other stuff
Winduu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 19:22   #7
Whisker_Bizkit
JdMR
 
Whisker_Bizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: km
Posts: 2,059
Whisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winduu View Post
pro or w/e ur calling it would be a skilled player knowing all possible information about how to play the game and knowing how to make money fast sell items good and have good items and a lot of other stuff
Which is an opinion
__________________
***8594; ***3663;***865;***815;***3663; ***8592;

New Class Discussion ***8594; "Thief"(***8592; Click and Discuss)

Trojan***8594;Spartan Subclass Poll(***8592;Vote Now!!!)

Poll: FB/SS Tournament(***8592; Click And Vote!!)


_***9650;
***9650; ***9650; ***8592; Tri-Force = Power, Courage And Wisdom


Quote:
I just voted yes because its a suggestion by Whisker and he's among the few here who have a brain
Whisker_Bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 19:23   #8
Whisker_Bizkit
JdMR
 
Whisker_Bizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: km
Posts: 2,059
Whisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinix View Post
i voted char rep, i assume thats char reputation? anyway yeah, people can have fb skills and still be considered a noob, same with great gears and playing for a long time, i seen ppl who played this game for 3+ years and still act like a noob. its all about reputation
Which is an opinion
__________________
***8594; ***3663;***865;***815;***3663; ***8592;

New Class Discussion ***8594; "Thief"(***8592; Click and Discuss)

Trojan***8594;Spartan Subclass Poll(***8592;Vote Now!!!)

Poll: FB/SS Tournament(***8592; Click And Vote!!)


_***9650;
***9650; ***9650; ***8592; Tri-Force = Power, Courage And Wisdom


Quote:
I just voted yes because its a suggestion by Whisker and he's among the few here who have a brain
Whisker_Bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 20:25   #9
Libitina
Banned
 
Libitina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NeverNever Land
Posts: 1,124
Libitina has a spectacular aura aboutLibitina has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Libitina Send a message via Skype™ to Libitina
I didnt take the time to read all the threads because is 2am, and Im getting up to go to work-,-(Dont ever take a really early morning shift job it sucks the life out of you)


Anyway..I didnt see a choice for number 1 and number 3, because thats what I would have picked. Although time spent in a game would be the hgher, for me. There are a lot of people running around my server on a daily basis, that I have NEVER seen before, and they're already 120+ perhaps 1st or even 2nd rb. Now, Ive played this game Since Tiger BECAME Tiger, then split into Tornado..so thats what....about 4.5 years? W/e. I dont have an awesome character in game. I dont buy dbs, althought My fiance' does from time to time. I've had three main characters in my time on this game, one was taken away from me about 2 years ago, the other i dropped for my newest one. I've fbd/ssd, Im not very good with SS....not at all really, because even my friends can just stand there and Ill SS right at them and miss, while they stand still -,- Its rather annoying. But with FB I would say Im about the best female fber on my server.

SO when someone calls me a noob, I either laugh, or get irritated, depending on the situation, Because I've been here for a very long time, Ive spent a lot of time in the game LEARNING the game, some of these people that pop out of no where and think they are God and yo should bow down because they have super+8/9 2 soc SDG -7 gear + Gourd -1, is rediculous. Its not about "who has the best gear", because gear can just be chucked right out the window as far as Im concernd. Skilll matters, time spent matters, not this speed hack aimbot crap and the idiots that just think its about gear. Makes me sick to see some of the threads on here for "the best gear", or w/e. I remember when 1 socket was VERY rare, and 2 soc was godly, hell...even being rb the first time was a miricle and you were worshipped for it. What accomplishments are there now? None. You can just be plvld all the way 130-130-130, and "buy" your gear off the website with several bulk packs. I dont like the word "noob", but in my opinion, if you havnt played this game for at least half the time its been up, which is about 2-2.5 years, you...are a "Noob". I definitely miss the Old Co, back in "the day", but change is good sometimes, and the world we live in is very materialistic, so hence the game has thus become as well.

Ok long post, sorry guys -,- am realllllllyyyy tired..rofl.

Have fun just my um... 2 paragraphs worth..lol


Edit: And i read the above quoted post, and I know its an opinion, but I disagree with character reputation. A LOT of people just buy it now when it should be earned. There is a char..well a few of them, but one sticking out clearly in my mind, on my server named Angel_Saint. 130 2nd rb tro, full super 1/2 soc. The first time i ever saw that char was when she was 125+ 2nd reborn, and apparently (because Ive been working so early and going to sleep the same) She had a HUGE reputation on the server. Gear DOESNT constitute gaining reputation. Sorry, but Fail

Edit #2: AND you cannot DEFINE Pro Vs Noob, because it is all a matter of opinion, just like religion, politics, etc, etc etc. So you're getting OPINIONS, not definitions have a nice day

Last edited by Libitina; 11-19-2007 at 20:31.
Libitina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 20:29   #10
Whisker_Bizkit
JdMR
 
Whisker_Bizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: km
Posts: 2,059
Whisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond reputeWhisker_Bizkit has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libitina View Post
I didnt take the time to read all the threads because is 2am, and Im getting up to go to work-,-(Dont ever take a really early morning shift job it sucks the life out of you)


Anyway..I didnt see a choice for number 1 and number 3, because thats what I would have picked. Although time spent in a game would be the hgher, for me. There are a lot of people running around my server on a daily basis, that I have NEVER seen before, and they're already 120+ perhaps 1st or even 2nd rb. Now, Ive played this game Since Tiger BECAME Tiger, then split into Tornado..so thats what....about 4.5 years? W/e. I dont have an awesome character in game. I dont buy dbs, althought My fiance' does from time to time. I've had three main characters in my time on this game, one was taken away from me about 2 years ago, the other i dropped for my newest one. I've fbd/ssd, Im not very good with SS....not at all really, because even my friends can just stand there and Ill SS right at them and miss, while they stand still -,- Its rather annoying. But with FB I would say Im about the best female fber on my server.

SO when someone calls me a noob, I either laugh, or get irritated, depending on the situation, Because I've been here for a very long time, Ive spent a lot of time in the game LEARNING the game, some of these people that pop out of no where and think they are God and yo should bow down because they have super+8/9 2 soc SDG -7 gear + Gourd -1, is rediculous. Its not about "who has the best gear", because gear can just be chucked right out the window as far as Im concernd. Skilll matters, time spent matters, not this speed hack aimbot crap and the idiots that just think its about gear. Makes me sick to see some of the threads on here for "the best gear", or w/e. I remember when 1 socket was VERY rare, and 2 soc was godly, hell...even being rb the first time was a miricle and you were worshipped for it. What accomplishments are there now? None. You can just be plvld all the way 130-130-130, and "buy" your gear off the website with several bulk packs. I dont like the word "noob", but in my opinion, if you havnt played this game for at least half the time its been up, which is about 2-2.5 years, you...are a "Noob". I definitely miss the Old Co, back in "the day", but change is good sometimes, and the world we live in is very materialistic, so hence the game has thus become as well.

Ok long post, sorry guys -,- am realllllllyyyy tired..rofl.

Have fun just my um... 2 paragraphs worth..lol


Edit: And i read the above quoted post, and I know its an opinion, but I disagree with character reputation. A LOT of people just buy it now when it should be earned. There is a char..well a few of them, but one sticking out clearly in my mind, on my server named Angel_Saint. 130 2nd rb tro, full super 1/2 soc. The first time i ever saw that char was when she was 125+ 2nd reborn, and apparently (because Ive been working so early and going to sleep the same) She had a HUGE reputation on the server. Gear DOESNT constitute gaining reputation. Sorry, but Fail
Good Post, -Signed-
__________________
***8594; ***3663;***865;***815;***3663; ***8592;

New Class Discussion ***8594; "Thief"(***8592; Click and Discuss)

Trojan***8594;Spartan Subclass Poll(***8592;Vote Now!!!)

Poll: FB/SS Tournament(***8592; Click And Vote!!)


_***9650;
***9650; ***9650; ***8592; Tri-Force = Power, Courage And Wisdom


Quote:
I just voted yes because its a suggestion by Whisker and he's among the few here who have a brain
Whisker_Bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 20:30   #11
NuckingFuts
Banned
 
NuckingFuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,690
NuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant futureNuckingFuts has a brilliant future
"anyone who cant beat me is a noob, anyone who can is a nerd with no life"
that seems to be the case these days lol
NuckingFuts is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 20:34   #12
Libitina
Banned
 
Libitina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NeverNever Land
Posts: 1,124
Libitina has a spectacular aura aboutLibitina has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Libitina Send a message via Skype™ to Libitina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisker_Bizkit View Post
Good Post, -Signed-
Lol, Gracias

I know its longer than the usual 3 words normally people like to read, but, its what I think and feel :P

And I get called a noob every day in game by stupid people that should just uninstall Co and call it a day...lol
Libitina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2007, 20:54   #13
Tecuh
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A windy place.
Posts: 6,718
Tecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond repute
One plus four equals five
Tecuh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2007, 08:18   #14
Guti
^^
 
Guti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Honduras
Posts: 2,555
Guti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond reputeGuti has a reputation beyond repute
pro = someone who knows the game even if he doesnt have the best equips.
noob= someone who thinks he knows the game but he doesnt know anything at all.
newbie= someone who just started to palying the game.
__________________
[Sagittarius Server]
[Turquoise Server]
Guti is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25   #15
Tecuh
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A windy place.
Posts: 6,718
Tecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond reputeTecuh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guti View Post
pro = someone who knows the game even if he doesnt have the best equips.
noob= someone who thinks he knows the game but he doesnt know anything at all.
newbie= someone who just started to palying the game.
Exactly.
Tecuh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:13.