View Poll Results: Should the old system of PK (Red/black name dropping items) Be used in Conquer Online Classic?
Yes, I want the old system. (Red names drop items) 104 93.69%
No, I like the new system. (Items are redeemable) 7 6.31%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 19:29   #1
garbage
King Egypt

garbage is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Suggestions Containing PK-System for Conquer Online Classic

I'm here on behalf of the many that wish to change the current PK-system of CO 2.0 that will be used in the new classic conquer game into the old PK-system where when you die red named you drop your items on the ground and they are not redeemable. If you believe this is a excellent idea please vote on the poll. I hope that this poll will help push the issue and resolve many disappointments in players.

My chat with help desk:

Yahoo:
Questions on "Classic Conquer"
Welcome Yahoo! Your request has been directed to the GM department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call. If the conversation intermits suddenly, please reconnect later. Thank you.
Yahoo:
Hello nice to meet you York
Call accepted by operator York. Currently in room: Yahoo, York.
York:
Welcome to Conquer Online Help Desk. You are speaking with York.
Yahoo:
Hello nice to meet you York.
York:
Nice to meet you too
York:
What can I do for you please?
Yahoo:
I have a few questions about the new upcoming release of "Classic Conquer."
Yahoo:
My first question is: Will Item lock be used in "Classic Conquer?"
York:
Yes. There will be this system too
Yahoo:
How can this system be used. It is a copy cat of all the other games that are not unique and all have the same game play. Conquer online used to be number 1 on my mind. It is sad that it slowly dwindles away through silly mistakes.
Yahoo:
Why can such a mistake be made such as adding item lock to classic conquer online.
York:
This system is to protect the player's items, so that hackers can not steal them easily
Yahoo:
Let me ask you. How do you hack an account? If so why would anyone in their right mind waste such hacking talents on Conquer accounts.... If I was in their shoes I would be hacking some sort of online server that gains information or money.
Yahoo:
The problem is people are letting others use their accounts and they should be the ones to blame. I played over 5 years and not once did I give my account/pass/info out to anyone. Do you think that I got "hacked"???
York:
With this system. It is more safe for most of the players.
Yahoo:
So basically you are encouraging accounts being shared?
York:
No
York:
We highly suggest our players not share their accounts
Yahoo:
Yes but now it is 100% sure that if you share an account that you will not be "hacked" because of item lock.
Yahoo:
so this will increase the number of accounts being shared and decrease the number of dbs bought individually.
Yahoo:
I also wonder why there is need of a help desk if every thing is 100% secure. Why are you employed when conquer has a phone number to call if anyone has customer issues and can resolve them with a voice not text.
Yahoo:
I have a question for you. How many people have you talked with since your shift started today. How many hours have you worked and how many people have you talked with
York:
So, you suggest us cancel the item lock system in CO 1.0 ?
Yahoo:
Oh, I more than just suggest it. I would gladly pay for it to be removed... This is a plague that needs to be cured immediately,
York:
Why you want us to remove it? Isn't it more safe for players with this system ?
Yahoo:
Ok, I will explain it to you york.
Yahoo:
First, if anyone is afraid they will be hacked. This is an issue reguarding the protection of the TQ information server. Which someone will rarely hack into this server for account log-ins. Second, for safety The issue is not the items being protected it is the responsibility of the owner of the account to not share their information to the account to people they claim to be friends. Third and last of safety issues is people are downloading illegal bots and hacks for the game which contain things called "key loggers" which trace your password and then they can log-in to your account. These 3 issues are the issues regarding safety and 2 out of 3 are Personal problems not game problems. The last problem is regarding your side and what you can do to avoid hackers on your server.
Yahoo:
The fourth reason I believe you should remove the item lock is because it makes Conquer Online one of the most unique MMORPGS on the market for Free and P2P MMOs. With this feature of red and black names being able to drop items. It creates opportunities for all players to really "Conquer" and is what i see the game as. The old system is far far far better than the new system which is being implemented into so many new games which I see as crappy copy cats of the same system. I don't understand how the developers of conquer online can turn such a great idea into something so embarrassing.
York:
I will forward our staff about your opinion.
Yahoo:
Will you really?
York:
I am not sure whether they will remove it or not
Yahoo:
Oh, I would hope so I will probably come back tomorrow asking the same questions.
Yahoo:
Do you think that I make a difference in their decisions?
York:
Not sure
York:
But I think most of the players would like to keep this system in the game
Yahoo:
HO?
Yahoo:
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=643406
Yahoo:
Here is a thread that has 233 Votes to remove and 19 votes to not remove.
Yahoo:
How do you figure that the most of the players would like it to stay with this kind of proof?
Yahoo:
I would suggest that conquer makes a poll upon release of the new server on just the new server asking questions about the game.
Yahoo:
I think that if you develop the game into something that everyone would like rather than just what some would like that your company would gain more respect from all rather than just people who like to settle upon anything.
Yahoo:
I know I am voicing out my opinion but many many many many many many others have the same opinion as I do and wish for this to be resolved.
York:
I see
York:
I will forward our staff about it
York:
They will think about it
Yahoo:
Thank you.
Yahoo:
Also thank you for your time.
York:
You are welcome.
Yahoo:
And the question you didn't answer from before
Yahoo:
just something that I wanted to see. : How many people do you talk to on average per day with this job?
York:
About 110 calls every day average
Yahoo:
calls or chats?
York:
Help Desk chats
Yahoo:
Ah. A lot of typing
Yahoo:
Anyways thanks for your time. I hope you have a good day.
York:
You too
York:
Anything else Yahoo ?
Yahoo:
hmmm
Yahoo:
What about your thoughts on the item lock system
Yahoo:
Or have you even played conquer in the past?
York:
I would like to keep it to protect my items. Incase anything bad happens to me.
Yahoo:
Hmm, I can see your point. What about just un-trade able items. But they could be dropped when red name.
Yahoo:
And I can also make the point of if you were ever hacked we have you at the help desk to resolve our problems.
Yahoo:
Still around?
York:
Yes
Yahoo:
Yahoo:
What about your thoughts on the item lock system
Yahoo:
Or have you even played conquer in the past?
York:
I would like to keep it to protect my items. Incase anything bad happens to me.
Yahoo:
Hmm, I can see your point. What about just un-trade able items. But they could be dropped when red name.
Yahoo:
And I can also make the point of if you were ever hacked we have you at the help desk to resolve our problems.
York:
You mean the bound items
York:
?
Yahoo:
item locked items
Yahoo:
that will not drop from killing someone red named
York:
They could be detained. But you still need to wait for 7 days to claim it.
Yahoo:
Who wouldn't claim their items back
Yahoo:
the difference is like 3dbs to 50dbs
Yahoo:
if you lost your paycheck that was worth 500dollars would you want to get it back for 5 dollars?
Yahoo:
or would you just want to lose that 500 dollars
Yahoo:
and call it good
Yahoo:
or look at it this way
Yahoo:
you find 100 dollars on the ground would you rather keep that money or give it back to someone for 5 dollars
Yahoo:
and at that usually the person that is asking for their money back is an enemy of yours
York:
You mean we should make it more expensive for the red name and black name players to redeem their items ?
Yahoo:
Nope exactly wrong. I believe that they shouldn't be able to redeem their items what so ever.
Yahoo:
If they are not responsible enough to care for their items then they shouldn't be on a computer.
York:
I can't agree with you. If someone carelessly killed others and get red name, Then get killed by others. He will just lose his expensive items.
York:
Anyway. If you have any suggestions, you can post them on the website below:
http://bbs.co.91.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Yahoo:
Thanks.
Yahoo:
If someone "carelessly"
Yahoo:
the person is careless and should deserve to lose their items if they don't value the game.
Yahoo:
Ah to your link above all these questions are about "Conuqer Online Classic"
York:
You can also post your opinion there

Dreams ~ Eternity
Yahoo: 130tro - 130war - 131tro

Should the old system of PK (Red/black name dropping items) Be used in Conquer Online Classic? Vote Here!
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=649843

LOL!
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?...1#post10812744
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2009, 23:53   #2
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
To be frank, I myself like the old PK rules more. But we have to take all players's interest into consideration. For most of the players, the item lock system makes their gear safer. They can enjoy the PK system more to some extent. Surely, you are free to express your idea here. I will foward it to our decision maker.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:15   #3
Wolfmaster
¤Muffin¤

Wolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWolfmaster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Wolfmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
To be frank, I myself like the old PK rules more. But we have to take all players's interest into consideration. For most of the players, the item lock system makes their gear safer. They can enjoy the PK system more to some extent. Surely, you are free to express your idea here. I will foward it to our decision maker.
Didnt you see the poll... More votes for the original system to return. So that sentence right there, did not make sense
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28   #4
teaORcoffee
._.o_oO_O

teaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond repute
I voted yes for teh old system it'd make things more interesting.

Lmao at how long teh first post is xD
teaORcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2009, 13:15   #5
garbage
King Egypt

Quote:
You are speaking for most of the CO 2.0 players not CO 1.0 players, and maybe even your own opinion. There are other polls on this in the CO 1.0 thread suggesting that it be reversed with upwards 200votes to a low number of votes to keep the item lock system. But im sure the majority (50%+1) would like the old pk system implemented into CO 2.0 as well, but start with CO 1.0 first.

I suggest that there is some sort of item lock system but not have it interfere with the pk system making items redeemable. Redeemable items are so lame. :\ Ask just about anyone playing the game. This should be turned into a in-game poll on classic conquer.

But thank you for forwarding my idea to the decision maker.

Edit: The more I think about it the better it sounds. Keep item lock in so you can lock your items so they will be untradeable (unless on list), And change to the old system. That way if you are hacked your items are untradeable. If the person who hacked you does supicious activity on your account (killing you red named for your items) it is easy to track the IP of the person logged-in to the account and ban the accounts on their IP. If the IP is the same IP that has been logged on to the account in the past (usually their IP on their computer) It is them and they were never hacked. This resolves all the issues for both hack protection and old PK system lovers. Which right now is 100% of voters.

Dreams ~ Eternity

Should the old system of PK (Red/black name dropping items) Be used in Conquer Online Classic? Vote Here!

LOL!

Last edited by garbage; 11-10-2009 at 13:43.
Old 11-10-2009, 13:30   #6
Piku

Piku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond reputePiku has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Piku
Voted yes. Bring old CO back!
Piku is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2009, 13:44   #7
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, pking rednames was a lot of people's main income. I once pked a +8 2 soc -5% mana bs from a tao, got payed a few dbs in redemption while I could've sold it for over 60 dbs lol
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2009, 13:53   #8
garbage
King Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
I agree, pking rednames was a lot of people's main income. I once pked a +8 2 soc -5% mana bs from a tao, got payed a few dbs in redemption while I could've sold it for over 60 dbs lol
Ha, I quit when this came out to avoid the RAGEEEEEEEEE.
Yes, It was a nice source of income but don't get me wrong I put many dollars into the TQ bank statement.

Edit: Ah, first no.. Meh everyone has their own opinions.

Dreams ~ Eternity

LOL!

Last edited by garbage; 11-10-2009 at 13:56.
Old 11-10-2009, 13:57   #9
teaORcoffee
._.o_oO_O

teaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond reputeteaORcoffee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post

Edit: Ah, first no.. Meh everyone has their own opinions.
Zno they don't >.<. This suggestion only needed a "Yes" option xD

How would it work with bound gear? X: I'd say pay cps to redeem bound stuff and gear drops like teh old system for everything else? S:

Last edited by teaORcoffee; 11-10-2009 at 14:00.
Old 11-10-2009, 14:03   #10
garbage
King Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaORcoffee View Post
Zno they don't >.<. This suggestion only needed a "Yes" option xD

How would it work with bound gear? X: I'd say pay cps to redeem bound stuff and gear drops like teh old system for everything else? S:
Bounded gear won't be in CO1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://co.91.com/content/2009-11-08/20091108190213492.shtml
Equipment Bonus Quests are removed.
Edit: If it was in CO 2.0 yeah sure let bounded gear be redeemable that sounds totally fair.

Dreams ~ Eternity

LOL!

Last edited by garbage; 11-10-2009 at 14:12.
Old 11-10-2009, 15:17   #11
~*|Limbo|*~
Aimbutter

~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Of course I voted yes - Conquer was at it's best when there was a Risk in the game, people being able to lose & drop there gear from making a mistake, they will eventually learn from those mistakes and work for there gear again and either repeat the process or wait untill they're sure they don't have such a huge risk at losing gear.

I think every game should have a risk at losing gear - This game used to have a great system and everyone loved it, you applied this feature for security and it's true the gears are safe & protected but isn't there another way? I for one think that it's much better having a risk on the game, I lost a super +5 sdg sdg 130 sword about 3 years ago on KingJus dropping it in tc when I was still on PK mode and had it in inventory, you know what I did? I bounced back and got myself another one (Without buying dbs) You risk losing your gear but others also have risk which I think it fair. If your stupid enough to get caught or get keylogged then you deserve to lose your character, you shouldn't even be downloading any programs that would risk your gear in the first place.

That's what my thoughts are, i'm sure many would agree with me that with the old PK system was Conquer at it's best.

Hereby, let me speak for every customer who was waiting for this project to succeed.

YOU FAILED!

Here is what you, TQ Digital should do next;
  • Delete Classic CO category.
  • Delete every discussion related to Classic CO (CO 1.0)

With that said, i hereby request that TQ Digital please follows the guide above.
Owned.
~*|Limbo|*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2009, 15:23   #12
teaORcoffee
._.o_oO_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
Bounded gear won't be in CO1.0.

Edit: If it was in CO 2.0 yeah sure let bounded gear be redeemable that sounds totally fair.
I knew that ._., I guess I was kinda thinking about re-implementation into CO 2.0... but now I'm thinking that'd be totally far fetched.
Old 11-10-2009, 16:19   #13
garbage
King Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaORcoffee View Post
I knew that ._., I guess I was kinda thinking about re-implementation into CO 2.0... but now I'm thinking that'd be totally far fetched.
Eh depends on if people go out and make all there items used be free... LoL but make the buy back a hefty price I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*|Limbo|*~ View Post
Of course I voted yes - Conquer was at it's best when there was a Risk in the game, people being able to lose & drop there gear from making a mistake, they will eventually learn from those mistakes and work for there gear again and either repeat the process or wait untill they're sure they don't have such a huge risk at losing gear.

I think every game should have a risk at losing gear - This game used to have a great system and everyone loved it, you applied this feature for security and it's true the gears are safe & protected but isn't there another way? I for one think that it's much better having a risk on the game, I lost a super +5 sdg sdg 130 sword about 3 years ago on KingJus dropping it in tc when I was still on PK mode and had it in inventory, you know what I did? I bounced back and got myself another one (Without buying dbs) You risk losing your gear but others also have risk which I think it fair. If your stupid enough to get caught or get keylogged then you deserve to lose your character, you shouldn't even be downloading any programs that would risk your gear in the first place.

That's what my thoughts are, i'm sure many would agree with me that with the old PK system was Conquer at it's best.
Lol so much these are just about all my ideals on it. The only item I had lost items from being red name was a uniq 1sock necky when I was lvl like 110 non rb lol. Otherwise I made BANK from red names. I love the thrill of jumping around knowing you could drop your items. AND the thrill of jumping around when you got someones item. It's quite the experience that EVERYONE should be able to experience.

Dreams ~ Eternity

LOL!

Last edited by garbage; 11-10-2009 at 16:22.
Old 11-10-2009, 16:29   #14
ForeverSad

ForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
signed.
ForeverSad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2009, 17:02   #15
¤ShadowReaper¤

¤ShadowReaper¤ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have an idea for you to forward, very simple one really tq has done it a
few times before. Why dont they on there official site post a pole for
the players to vote on this. They have done this before and made there
decisions on the majority vote. Our polls may not matter too much too them
but apparently they will make a decision based on a poll they put up on there
main site.
¤ShadowReaper¤ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: