Old 03-30-2008, 04:22   #1
devvee
Comrade

devvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to devvee
CO Coming updates

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=482407

I've just noticed this and I wonder what everyone thinks about the changes. I think they're stupid. Let's start.

item lock
So you can lock your items to your character. This means, as stated in that wall of text, that even if you're PKed you don't drop your locked items. That sucks, because now there is no chance of losing an item other than having it broken, which is a really *** way to lose an item.

If you want to trade your gear, you can add a "business" partner account or a "trader" account. Synsia wasn't so smart to include a "howto" of adding a trader account. What limits the 'hacker' from doing so? If he manages to get your account password (and perhaps even other info), he may as well make a trader account to shove those items onto. With the response time of the CO staff those 5 days will also mean little.

PKing
If you're killed, you get sent to jail if you're rednamed or blacknamed. If you chose to leave instantly, you have to pay money or CPs. Who's going to do that? There is no use in PKing because no one will pay the penalty cost. They'll just idle a bit in jail. Hell, most people are *in* jail because that used to be (or perhaps even still is) the most fun place to just smack people around.

A good thing of this patch is that PKing will occur far more now. Without the chance of losing your gear, the penalty is effectively too low to bother anyone.

suspicious items
What is up with suspicious items? If I *really* need the money, I can't sell an item for less than it's worth because the one I'm selling it to can't wear it. Trading will become ineffective, since players don't want an item that they can lose because some dumbass GM thinks you're a 'hacker'.

What this'll mean is that items have a static price that won't fluctuate along with the player economy. Might as well be buying the items from an NPC then. Actually, the price may go up.. but if it goes up serverwide, the calculation script will probably recognize that as a normal price increase. If 1 person sells it for lower from that point, it'll become a suspicious item...

Anti-virus/trojan
Knowing CO, this thing'll probably BE a trojan.

customer support
"and each valued Conquer player can enjoy the support of hacked cases one day!"

There should be no goddamn support for hacked cases! 99% of the hack cases is due to stupidity of the player, such as giving out his password. Additionally some players report a hack-case when they dropped an item due to being redname (which will now disappear because you don't drop red items anymore).

Actions against bots
"We expect all kinds of bots will vanish for a long period after this patch." Considering their last patch on this I'm not very hopeful. Besides, bots aren't entirely stoppable. If they'd make conquer more interesting though instead of a retarded hack & slash fest without any purpose, most people who make bots for it now won't even know how to proceed in making a bot that functions properly. Bots won't go away though, unless they implement MY idea of an anti-bot program: Players must lock their accounts so that no keybindings or mouse action works anymore. This'll definitely prevent bot action AND hacking in one little function!

"The only place where people of different race and culture live together is jail"
devvee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 04:26   #2
PaleBrokenWings
brokenator

PaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond reputePaleBrokenWings has a reputation beyond repute
they're *** as that kid who cried for brittney spears

27% of the world has homicidal tendencies, the rest are just victims
PaleBrokenWings is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 04:50   #3
Fire_Opal
Special

Fire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond reputeFire_Opal has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by devvee View Post

I've just noticed this and I wonder what everyone thinks about the changes. I think they're stupid. Let's start.

item lock
So you can lock your items to your character. This means, as stated in that wall of text, that even if you're PKed you don't drop your locked items. That sucks, because now there is no chance of losing an item other than having it broken, which is a really *** way to lose an item.

If you want to trade your gear, you can add a "business" partner account or a "trader" account. Synsia wasn't so smart to include a "howto" of adding a trader account. What limits the 'hacker' from doing so? If he manages to get your account password (and perhaps even other info), he may as well make a trader account to shove those items onto. With the response time of the CO staff those 5 days will also mean little.

PKing
If you're killed, you get sent to jail if you're rednamed or blacknamed. If you chose to leave instantly, you have to pay money or CPs. Who's going to do that? There is no use in PKing because no one will pay the penalty cost. They'll just idle a bit in jail. Hell, most people are *in* jail because that used to be (or perhaps even still is) the most fun place to just smack people around.

A good thing of this patch is that PKing will occur far more now. Without the chance of losing your gear, the penalty is effectively too low to bother anyone.

suspicious items
What is up with suspicious items? If I *really* need the money, I can't sell an item for less than it's worth because the one I'm selling it to can't wear it. Trading will become ineffective, since players don't want an item that they can lose because some dumbass GM thinks you're a 'hacker'.

What this'll mean is that items have a static price that won't fluctuate along with the player economy. Might as well be buying the items from an NPC then. Actually, the price may go up.. but if it goes up serverwide, the calculation script will probably recognize that as a normal price increase. If 1 person sells it for lower from that point, it'll become a suspicious item...

Anti-virus/trojan

customer support

There should be no goddamn support for hacked cases! 99% of the hack cases is due to stupidity of the player, such as giving out his password. Additionally some players report a hack-case when they dropped an item due to being redname (which will now disappear because you don't drop red items anymore).

Actions against bots
"We expect all kinds of bots will vanish for a long period after this patch." Considering their last patch on this I'm not very hopeful. Besides, bots aren't entirely stoppable. If they'd make conquer more interesting though instead of a retarded hack & slash fest without any purpose, most people who make bots for it now won't even know how to proceed in making a bot that functions properly. Bots won't go away though, unless they implement MY idea of an anti-bot program: Players must lock their accounts so that no keybindings or mouse action works anymore. This'll definitely prevent bot action AND hacking in one little function!
and this is the reason why i quit co and now playing another game TQ keeps ruining the game more and more

never quit...
never leave...
never happy...

LOL

quit!

Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

"Do not condemn the man that cannot think or act as fast as you can, because there was a time when you could not do things as well as you can today. " Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Fire_Opal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 11:06   #4
Lil_Firehawk
Horde!

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Lil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

item lock
So you can lock your items to your character. This means, as stated in that wall of text, that even if you're PKed you don't drop your locked items. That sucks, because now there is no chance of losing an item other than having it broken, which is a really *** way to lose an item. This is the stupidest thing, and this is just another reason why PKing is slowly being taken away from the game. Most people PK red names for their gear, but now their gear won't drop. Now everyone will walk around red/black named, and nobody will care anymore.

If you want to trade your gear, you can add a "business" partner account or a "trader" account. Synsia wasn't so smart to include a "howto" of adding a trader account. What limits the 'hacker' from doing so? If he manages to get your account password (and perhaps even other info), he may as well make a trader account to shove those items onto. With the response time of the CO staff those 5 days will also mean little. The "how to" is fairly simple, if it's set up like their other games. You open trade with someone (ie your noob character) and one of the options there will be trade partners. There will also be another section on your friend/enemy list for trade partners, and anyone you added will show up there.

PKing
If you're killed, you get sent to jail if you're rednamed or blacknamed. If you chose to leave instantly, you have to pay money or CPs. Who's going to do that? There is no use in PKing because no one will pay the penalty cost. They'll just idle a bit in jail. Hell, most people are *in* jail because that used to be (or perhaps even still is) the most fun place to just smack people around. Like a penalty has ever stopped someone from leaving jail. If they make it large enough then people will just afk in jail on that character and hop on another.

A good thing of this patch is that PKing will occur far more now. Without the chance of losing your gear, the penalty is effectively too low to bother anyone. I don't know if it's a good thing or not. Give it a few more patches and PK will be completely out of the game.

suspicious items

What this'll mean is that items have a static price that won't fluctuate along with the player economy. Might as well be buying the items from an NPC then. Actually, the price may go up.. but if it goes up serverwide, the calculation script will probably recognize that as a normal price increase. If 1 person sells it for lower from that point, it'll become a suspicious item... Stupid, just stupid.

Anti-virus/trojan
Knowing CO, this thing'll probably BE a trojan. What exactly will this accomplish? I tried and tried years ago to suggest an anti-hack program that would make it much more difficult for the cheaters to get their cheats to work. But no, they decide on an anti-virus? Are they afraid they will give everyone another virus again, so they are trying to protect us?

customer support
"and each valued Conquer player can enjoy the support of hacked cases one day!"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Customer Support... from TQ?

There should be no goddamn support for hacked cases! 99% of the hack cases is due to stupidity of the player, such as giving out his password. Additionally some players report a hack-case when they dropped an item due to being redname (which will now disappear because you don't drop red items anymore). +1

Actions against bots
"We expect all kinds of bots will vanish for a long period after this patch." Considering their last patch on this I'm not very hopeful. Besides, bots aren't entirely stoppable. If they'd make conquer more interesting though instead of a retarded hack & slash fest without any purpose, most people who make bots for it now won't even know how to proceed in making a bot that functions properly. Bots won't go away though, unless they implement MY idea of an anti-bot program: Players must lock their accounts so that no keybindings or mouse action works anymore. This'll definitely prevent bot action AND hacking in one little function!They figure bots will stop, HOW?! They aren't taking any action against this at all, so how the hell will bots stop?

Leo ~

Lil_Firehawk ~ Trojan/Trojan/Trojan ~ 130/130/84
First 2nd RB on Leo!
PaperLil ~ Archer "The Arrow Monster" ~ Lv127
~Lillianna~ ~ Water Tao/Water Tao ~ 110/111
~Firehawk~ ~ Warrior ~ Lv 85

Eternity~

Lishandra ~ Archer ~ Lv72
Jaemiine ~ Wannabe Fire ~ Lv25
~Snow~ ~ Warrior ~ Lv30

Merge Eternity/Leo!

****801;***844;l***801;****801;***801; ***801;***820;***305;***820;***820;***801; ***801;***801;***865;|***818;***865;***818;***865;***818;***865; ***818;***9643;***865;***818; ***818;***865;***818;***865;***818;***960;***818;***865;***818;***865; ***818;***865;***818;***9643;***818;***865;***818;***865; ***818;|***801;***801;***801; ***801; ***801;***820;***305;***820;***801;***801; ****801;***844;l***801;*
Lil_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 15:06   #5
ShockCandy
Carebear<3

ShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond reputeShockCandy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

item lock

PKing

suspicious items

Anti-virus/trojan

customer support

Actions against bots
I might join you soon.
Keeping the time while a symphony strums

Gear.
ShockCandy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 15:15   #6
specialweapon
Đarkness

specialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond reputespecialweapon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Opal View Post
and this is the reason why i quit co and now playing another game TQ keeps ruining the game more and more
Qo ftw

too bad its still in pre-alpha
Originally posted by Devega#3
God invented boobs because ******'s alone are scary. Large dark gaping holes that you can lose things in. You don't usually stick your ***** in stuff like that.
Quote:
"Death is the only one of my adventures that I can not tell"
this quote is dedicated to our beloved Weirlion who has recently passed, you will be missed

R.I.P seren.

WE IS NERDS

ass hair has a purpose too!
specialweapon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 15:38   #7
Wile.E.Coyote

Wile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud ofWile.E.Coyote has much to be proud of
Just started WoW the other day ..... although u pay for it its worth it the customer support is amazingggggggggggggg
Super +7 2 SDG -5 126 Ring 254 HP
Super +7 2 SDG -5 120 Armor 202 HP
Super +8 2 SDG -7 129 Boots 234 HP
Super +7 2 SDG -5 130 Club 228 HP
Super +7 2 SDG -5 130 Poison Blade 205 HP
-1 Gourd, -1 Garment

[GM]SYSTEM speaks to All : Congratulations! Wile.E.Coyote succeeded in using the ToughDrill to make a second socket on the item.[21:6] 1st Try...
Wile.E.Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2008, 16:02   #8
Lil_Firehawk
Horde!

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Lil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeLil_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile.E.Coyote View Post
Just started WoW the other day ..... although u pay for it its worth it the customer support is amazingggggggggggggg
Yup. What server are you on?

Leo ~

First 2nd RB on Leo!

Eternity~

~Snow~ ~ Warrior ~ Lv30

Merge Eternity/Leo!

****801;***844;l***801;****801;***801; ***801;***820;***305;***820;***820;***801; ***801;***801;***865;|***818;***865;***818;***865;***818;***865; ***818;***9643;***865;***818; ***818;***865;***818;***865;***818;***960;***818;***865;***818;***865; ***818;***865;***818;***9643;***818;***865;***818;***865; ***818;|***801;***801;***801; ***801; ***801;***820;***305;***820;***801;***801; ****801;***844;l***801;*
Old 03-30-2008, 16:17   #9
devvee
Comrade

devvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond reputedevvee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile.E.Coyote View Post
Amazingly bad? It's better than CO, but I posted a question a while ago that I just wasn't sure of (since I hadn't played for a while and thought they might've fixed it).. this is what I got:

<me> Is it true that if you have thorns cast on yourself and you get hit by an enemy in booty bay, the guards will also attack you since it'll be recognized as a retaliation? Or was this fixed.
<GM Response> We can't discuss game features that you'll have to discover yourself. You may ask on the druid forums or in the general chat if someone else knows.

(Not directly quoted like that, but it was somewhat like it). So they're calling it a game feature now that guards'll kill you, because thorns automatically deals damage every time your opponent hits you? You're not the aggressor then, so the guards should leave you alone, but apparently they don't. At least they didn't. I don't feel like trying and dying

"The only place where people of different race and culture live together is jail"
Old 03-30-2008, 17:07   #10
Lil_Firehawk
Horde!

Quote:
Amazingly bad? It's better than CO, but I posted a question a while ago that I just wasn't sure of (since I hadn't played for a while and thought they might've fixed it).. this is what I got:

<me> Is it true that if you have thorns cast on yourself and you get hit by an enemy in booty bay, the guards will also attack you since it'll be recognized as a retaliation? Or was this fixed.
<GM Response> We can't discuss game features that you'll have to discover yourself. You may ask on the druid forums or in the general chat if someone else knows.

(Not directly quoted like that, but it was somewhat like it). So they're calling it a game feature now that guards'll kill you, because thorns automatically deals damage every time your opponent hits you? You're not the aggressor then, so the guards should leave you alone, but apparently they don't. At least they didn't. I don't feel like trying and dying
As far as I know, they fixed it.

Leo ~

First 2nd RB on Leo!

Eternity~

~Snow~ ~ Warrior ~ Lv30

Merge Eternity/Leo!

Old 03-30-2008, 23:45   #11
devvee
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Firehawk View Post
As far as I know, they fixed it.
I just wonder why they didn't tell me. It was clearly a bug... ah well. I'm now grinding myself a druid WoW questing is boring as well though... but will have to do due to lack of better.

Old 03-31-2008, 00:56   #12
Ferash
Banned

Ferash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond reputeFerash has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I just wonder why they didn't tell me. It was clearly a bug... ah well. I'm now grinding myself a druid WoW questing is boring as well though... but will have to do due to lack of better.
this game called life actualy has infinite quests and great customer help
Ferash is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2008, 01:41   #13
devvee
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferash View Post
Yeah but I played it too much, I'm kind of trying to get rid of that addiction by playing WoW.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:47   #14
Lil_Firehawk
Horde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferash View Post
I beg to differ. I've had some ****ty Customer Service in that game.

Leo ~

First 2nd RB on Leo!

Eternity~

~Snow~ ~ Warrior ~ Lv30

Merge Eternity/Leo!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:35   #15
Myromax
noob

Myromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond reputeMyromax has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Myromax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Firehawk View Post
I beg to differ. I've had some ****ty Customer Service in that game.
yeah the customer service is worse then tqs mostly...
Myromax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: