Old 12-05-2007, 11:40   #1
Cookies~^_^
Banned

Cookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond reputeCookies~^_^ has a reputation beyond repute
Water-Water good or bad idea

yea im lvl 107 wat no rb and i was thinking of going water again what are the attributes i know a lot people say they suck but i reaaly like to do guild war and revive everyone but its so hard to get a super spear or what weapon should i use for sort of a melee tao and sorta not
Cookies~^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2007, 12:03   #2
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Starshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies~^_^ View Post
yea im lvl 107 wat no rb and i was thinking of going water again what are the attributes i know a lot people say they suck but i reaaly like to do guild war and revive everyone but its so hard to get a super spear or what weapon should i use for sort of a melee tao and sorta not
Before potency, a melee poison zapping water tao was a pretty good build... I'm not sure if that's still the case these days... perhaps someone who has a poison zapping melee tao could answer this question for you.

In this case, you'd have a tao that primarily uses fire/thunder to achieve a melee hit with the poison blade... though you would want to be full SDG when you had the chance to do more physical damage.

Why not use an elite 2 socket spear? Those are much easier to find, and they're a lot cheaper to buy...

Starshine -- Level 124 Fire Tao (All spells fixed - Heading for 130 now!)
Psyche -- Level 130->129 Water->Warrior
xxGemZ0xx -- Level 110->130 Water->Archer
ScYlLa -- Level 110->117 Water->Water
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2007, 20:44   #3
bonzaykid

bonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud ofbonzaykid has much to be proud of
for meelee water i think u need 176 strength
and then enough for 1000 mana i think so u can still rev and stuff
ive heard 20 in agi, unless u depend on poisen zap/speedgun to lvl urself with
then 1 agility is fine
rest goes into health
lvling slowly
bonzaykid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2007, 21:09   #4
Kytana
ɐuɐʇʎʞ

Kytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond reputeKytana has a reputation beyond repute
If that water is your only good char, then you should consider reborning to trojan, as water-trojan is the quickest and easiest way to a powerful character. One of the best parts about a water-trojan is that you get to keep WaterElf from pre-rb, so you can use it to level faster in TG.
Old 12-05-2007, 21:15   #5
Demonium
Uh.... ok?

Demonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond repute
before potency melee wat-wat were extremely powerful tanks and killers, now not so often the case unless u can boast a potency equal to or nearly equal to the person ur hitting as it will reduce much of ur dmg, reason being they often rnt as good now is becuase most water-waters went around in pure elites except the ring and spear/ whatever the melee weapon they chose was being super
they could easily get by on that before potency, now if u can manage to keep ur potency near same as those u want to melee then go for it, its an extremely powerful class if used right, speedgun+ stigma really hurts bad if u can get a good super 2 soc spear and super ring
the one thing u gotta worry about unlike other classes is u cant make use of the rb water with rainbow gems at gw now that potency is out, so stick to dragon gems of refined or super quality only, also before u rb collect about 2 met scrolls, met up a lv 10 spear to ur level in market, melee with it till spear lv is level 12 on lv 20 stakes, u MUST do this if ur giong spear, if u wish to use a different weapon i still heavily advise u do this because it will prevent it becomming an issue lving weapon lv later on
trick is use fish while in tg, hit stake, then dont move and ull hit much faster then usually, u can see this with the ammount of dmg displaying faster or using an alt and walking up to ur water and seeing how fast he moves which u cant see on the waters screen
srry for bad format but o well, enjoy going water water its a fun class, but before u rb i advise u to try to get a lv super spear and to set ur stats for lv 70 promotion before u use a db to realot them so u get the 30% dmg reduction bonus which matters A LOT!!! gluck

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
Demonium's rules to follow guide:
#1 Don't touch Himie's Starfish or you will face death by loli.
#2 Feed Himie or same thing will happen.
#3 Everything Demonium says or writes can be used against him.
*scribble scribble* #4 All above rules are void. -signed Demonium.
Demonium is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2007, 22:57   #6
MacSeoin
SanitariuM

MacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond reputeMacSeoin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonium View Post
the one thing u gotta worry about unlike other classes is u cant make use of the rb water with rainbow gems at gw now that potency is out
huh? I don't understand what you are saying here

Mausoleum
Macseoin 130-131-140 water water water
lvl 20 spear
MacSeoin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2007, 23:16   #7
Hungie

Hungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond reputeHungie has a reputation beyond repute
Water>Water is a very versitile class. In guild wars they are the perfect supporting class - reviving guildies and stiging allies. But like a number of people have mentioned in this thread potency have reduced the strength of water>water

Att points wise there are 2 ways of doing it:
1) Get plvl to level 110 and use the dbs you get from promotion to re-allocate your points
2) If you cant get plvl, allocate your points to strength to hold weapons to level yourself. But you will need 1 db to re-allocate your points to promote at 110.

Points wise you only need 176 strength to any weapon(s) and 2 on agility is enough in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:57   #8
&*@(#)))@@@__

&*@(#)))@@@__ is on a distinguished road
Hi I am a wat>wat fullsock supers and still ownin in dreams server
&*@(#)))@@@__ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2007, 06:03   #9
Demonium
Uh.... ok?

Demonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond reputeDemonium has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSeoin View Post
huh? I don't understand what you are saying here
by this meant unless ur poetncy is 190+ and even better 200+ without the dragon gems
because if its under this ammount and u dont have dragon gems, ur not gonna kill much of anyone unless they r like 20 lvs under u and afk :/

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 06:17   #10
$m0KeY
Agj[

$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute$m0KeY has a reputation beyond repute
water>warrior>??? best class

water>water just sucks still cant lvl for **** pk for **** do quest for **** but u can stig and rev people
$m0KeY is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2007, 06:31   #11
Demonium
Uh.... ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $m0KeY View Post

water>water just sucks still cant lvl for **** pk for **** do quest for **** but u can stig and rev people
if u can keep potency 190+ or even better 200+ on a water>water its quite deadly with a good melee weapon and ring
it can lv very fast if u use the right weapon as well (polaxe, glaive, wand outside tg/wand, spear in tg)
its great for working in a team such as at gw
and if u use it right it is the deadliest class to all cases except for a 130 2nd rb troj with 220+ potency or a fire 220+ potency 1st/2nd rb

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 06:58   #12
neospell
Night Walk

neospell is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytana View Post
If that water is your only good char, then you should consider reborning to trojan, as water-trojan is the quickest and easiest way to a powerful character. One of the best parts about a water-trojan is that you get to keep WaterElf from pre-rb, so you can use it to level faster in TG.
im tired of people thinking of a water tro being the best because the fact is i can kill them alot easyer my warr then i can a water water as for this guys plan i think he has it down packed, with the right stuff he will be hard to overcome Good Luck in GW
Old 12-06-2007, 07:01   #13
neospell
Night Walk

neospell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by $m0KeY View Post

so ive found the best for a water is water>warrior>trojan if you can go 112>130>135
Old 12-06-2007, 08:38   #14
GacktCamui
Berserk

GacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond reputeGacktCamui has a reputation beyond repute
if you go water-water 110-130, and go melee with 176 str, 34 spirit, 0 agi, 217 vit, you will have 5838 hp. add to that +4 neck and 100 enchant on 6 items then about 6800 hp. that's not much, most trojans will be able to 1 hit herc that. if you go 110 rb though might want to go support with bs and you will have 4224 more hp, + 800 with lovering if you wanted. for melee waters these days got to be 2nd rb or you will die too quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neospell View Post
so ive found the best for a water is water>warrior>trojan if you can go 112>130>135
112 adds 1 extra attribute point compared to 110, no point in that.
GacktCamui is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2007, 10:46   #15
Demonium
Uh.... ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GacktCamui View Post
if you go water-water 110-130, and go melee with 176 str, 34 spirit, 0 agi, 217 vit, you will have 5838 hp. add to that +4 neck and 100 enchant on 6 items then about 6800 hp. that's not much, most trojans will be able to 1 hit herc that. if you go 110 rb though might want to go support with bs and you will have 4224 more hp, + 800 with lovering if you wanted. for melee waters these days got to be 2nd rb or you will die too quick.

112 adds 1 extra attribute point compared to 110, no point in that.
what gackt says is pretty much right, but if ur good at predicting moves, u can avoid herc failry easily and almost never get hit with it even if the person speeds, also shield will help u tank at least 1 herc if uve a good super necklace, armor, and cap....plz i mean plz...dont use earings
also another way to get away from hits is to jump away then zap to warp u away real fast, but that is tricky and needs amazing timing and practice, most of all if they can 1 herc u even with shield and u rnt capable of doding them then dont fight them and just avoid that particular person, not everyone is super 2 soc sdg and can 1 herc u if u get what i mean :P
2nd rbing would help loads though, still u can manage fine if u can keep 200ish potency at first rb

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: