Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:10   #1
chuck norris

chuck norris is on a distinguished road
Discussion.

When we call to mind the gracious indulgence of Heaven by which the American people became a nation; when we survey the general prosperity of our country, and look forward to the riches, power, and happiness to which it seems destined, with the deepest regret do I announce to you that during your recess some of the citizens of the United States have been found capable of insurrection. It is due, however, to the character of our Government and to its stability, which can not be shaken by the enemies of order, freely to unfold the course of this event.

No sooner was he understood to be engaged in this duty than the vengeance of armed men was aimed at his person and the person and property of the inspector of the revenue. They fired upon the marshal, arrested him, and detained him for some time as a prisoner. He was obliged, by the jeopardy of his life, to renounce the service of other process on the west side of the Allegheny Mountain, and a deputation was afterwards sent to him to demand a surrender of that which he had served. A numerous body repeatedly attacked the house of the inspector, seized his papers of office, and finally destroyed by fire his buildings and whatsoever they contained. Both of these officers, from a just regard to their safety, fled to the seat of Government, it being avowed that the motives to such outrages were to compel the resignation of the inspector, to withstand by force of arms the authority of the United States, and thereby to extort a repeal of the laws of excise and an alteration in the conduct of Government.

Upon testimony of these facts an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States notified to me that "in the counties of Washington and Allegheny, in Pennsylvania, laws of the United States were opposed, and the execution thereof obstructed, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings or by the powers vested in the marshal of that district".

As commander in chief of the militia when called into the actual service of the United States, I have visited the places of general rendezvous to obtain more exact information and to direct a plan for ulterior movements. Had there been room for a persuasion that the laws were secure from obstruction; that the civil magistrate was able to bring to justice such of the most culpable as have not embraced the proffered terms of amnesty, and may be deemed fit objects of example; that the friends to peace and good government were not in need of that aid and countenance which they ought always to receive, and, I trust, ever will receive, against the vicious and turbulent, I should have caught with avidity the opportunity of restoring the militia to their families and homes. But succeeding intelligence has tended to manifest the necessity of what has been done, it being now confessed by those who were not inclined to exaggerate the ill conduct of the insurgents that their malevolence was not pointed merely to a particular law, but that a spirit inimical to all order has actuated many of the offenders. If the state of things had afforded reason for the continuance of my presence with the army, it would not have been withholden. But every appearance assuring such an issue as will redound to the reputation and strength of the United States, I have judged it most proper to resume my duties at the seat of Government, leaving the chief command with the governor of Virginia.

Still, however, as it is probable that in a commotion like the present, whatsoever may be the pretense, the purposes of mischief and revenge may not be laid aside, the stationing of a small force for a certain period in the four western counties of Pennsylvania will be indispensable, whether we contemplate the situation of those who are connected with the execution of the laws or of others who may have exposed themselves by an honorable attachment to them. Thirty days from the commencement of this session being the legal limitation of the employment of the militia, Congress can not be too early occupied with this subject.

Among the discussions which may arise from this aspect of our affairs, and from the documents which will be submitted to Congress, it will not escape their observation that not only the inspector of the revenue, but other officers of the United States in Pennsylvania have, from their fidelity in the discharge of their functions, sustained material injuries to their property. The obligation and policy of indemnifying them are strong and obvious. It may also merit attention whether policy will not enlarge this provision to the retribution of other citizens who, though not under the ties of office, may have suffered damage by their generous exertions for upholding the Constitution and the laws. The amount, even if all the injured were included, would not be great, and on future emergencies the Government would be amply repaid by the influence of an example that he who incurs a loss in its defense shall find a recompense in its liberality.

While there is cause to lament that occurrences of this nature should have disgraced the name or interrupted the tranquillity of any part of our community, or should have diverted to a new application any portion of the public resources, there are not wanting real and substantial consolations for the misfortune. It has demonstrated that our prosperity rests on solid foundations, by furnishing an additional that my fellow citizens understand the true principles of government and liberty; that they feel their inseparable union; that notwithstanding all the devices which have been used to sway them from their interest and duty, they are not as ready to maintain the authority of the laws against licentious invasions as they were to defend their rights against usurpation. It has been a spectacle displaying to the highest advantage of republican government to behold the most and the least wealthy of our citizens standing in the same ranks as private soldiers, preeminently distinguished by being the army of the Constitution - undeterred by a march of 300 miles over rugged mountains, by approach of an inclement season, or by any other discouragement. Nor ought I to omit to acknowledge the efficacious and patriotic cooperation which I have experienced from the chief magistrates of the States to which my requisitions have been addressed.

To every description of citizens, let praise be given. but let them persevere in their affectionate vigilance over that precious depository of American happiness, the Constitution of the United States. Let them cherish it, too, for the sake of those who, from every clime, are daily seeking a dwelling in our land. And when in the calm moments of reflection they shall have retraced the origin and progress of the insurrection, let them determine whether it has not been fomented by combinations of men who, careless of consequences and disregarding the unerring truth that those who rouse can not always appease a civil convulsion, have disseminated, from an ignorance or perversion of facts, suspicions, jealousies, and accusations of the whole Government.

Having thus fulfilled the engagement which I took when I entered into office, "to the best of my ability to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States", on you, gentlemen, and the people by whom you are deputed, I rely for support.

In the arrangement to which the possibility of a similar contingency will naturally draw your attention it ought not to be forgotten that the militia laws have exhibited such striking defects as could not have been supplied by the zeal of our citizens. Besides the extraordinary expense and waste, which are not the least of the defects, every appeal to those laws is attended with a doubt on its success.

The devising and establishing of a well regulated militia would be a genuine source of legislative honor and a perfect title to public gratitude. I therefore entertain a hope that the present session will not pass without carrying to its full energy the power of organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and thus providing, in the language of the Constitution, for calling them forth to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions.

As auxiliary to the state of our defense, to which Congress can never too frequently recur, they will not omit to inquire whether the fortifications which have been already licensed by law be commensurate with our exigencies.

Discuss.

Helpful links:
superman guide by HTA
Ultimate warrior guide by siokanla
Monster Damage Calc by AsianPlayer
Archer Damage Calc by HTA
HTA and Sumeshi's Lab guide
MacSeoins Calculators
Old 11-30-2007, 07:27   #2
Kamui
不死

Kamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond repute
wall of text
Quote:
Originally Posted by synsia View Post
I know when I mention customer service of TQ, everyone of you will laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synsia View Post
And WoW>Co, It wasn't a sarcasm.
<3

Old 11-30-2007, 20:38   #3
Estivador
Banned

Estivador will become famous soon enoughEstivador will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Estivador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui View Post
wall of text
Old 11-30-2007, 22:19   #4
DaHitta
Notorious

DaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond reputeDaHitta has a reputation beyond repute
To much reading

My~Guilds:
Executioners
Notorious

~Retired~
Old 12-01-2007, 07:04   #5
Werner :D
lol wut

Werner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond reputeWerner :D has a reputation beyond repute
this thread fails
Old 12-01-2007, 11:06   #6
Estivador
Banned

Estivador will become famous soon enoughEstivador will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Estivador
skimmed thru it, its a speech by someone, idk who, didnt read that much, i have a headache

gunna go play zero now.
Old 12-02-2007, 16:04   #7
chuck norris

chuck norris is on a distinguished road
Owned by my text sirs. Owned.

Helpful links:
superman guide by HTA
Ultimate warrior guide by siokanla
Monster Damage Calc by AsianPlayer
Archer Damage Calc by HTA
HTA and Sumeshi's Lab guide
MacSeoins Calculators
Old 12-05-2007, 05:00   #8
RISH_Ninja
Ninja <.<

RISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeRISH_Ninja has a reputation beyond repute
uhhhh.... All I saw was heaven so I'm going to have to retaliate with.. Go burn in hell you waste of flesh and blood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I was watching a video on Jelly fish. (dont ask why, im not sure)
And it said that ten thousand of them could be together
and not one brain was amongst them

anyone else get that feeling typing in your info when you log on this game?

***12354;***12414;! ***12375;***12435;***12391;!
Old 12-05-2007, 16:03   #9
slimov49
TheMaestro

slimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant futureslimov49 has a brilliant future
pffff

wow alot of words
can any one tell me what that thing is talking about...
i am getting bored from reading it
Old 12-05-2007, 23:28   #10
PurpleHayez
Banned

PurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PurpleHayez Send a message via Skype™ to PurpleHayez
closed~
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50   #11
PoonD

PoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond reputePoonD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui View Post
wall of text

Ü***915;***9566;***9524;***8616;***9560;***9573;***9579;***9562;
Old 12-06-2007, 10:55   #12
PurpleHayez
Banned

PurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond reputePurpleHayez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PurpleHayez Send a message via Skype™ to PurpleHayez
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonD View Post
( _***773;__***773;(***773;***818;***773;***818;***773;***818;***773;***818;***773;***818;***773;(***773;_***773;_***773;***818;s***773;***818;u***773;***818;c***773;***818;k***773;***818;m***773;***818;e***773;***818;~***773;***818;***773;_***773;_***773; _***773;()***1706;***1746;
Old 12-06-2007, 12:10   #13
guardiandraine
иσωнєяє ღ

guardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond reputeguardiandraine has a reputation beyond repute
.................................................. ....................

.................................................. .........

what is it? =O

“Before you criticize someone,
you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way when you criticize them,
you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

"Sometimes its better to tell a little lie than to deliver a painful truth"

Just because I often go on that doesnt mean Im dead

if you wanted to rep me, kindly leave your name and not my name.. so that i can rep you back
Old 12-09-2007, 08:07   #14
Kamui
不死

Kamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond reputeKamui has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
***12354;***12394;***12383;***12288;***12431;***12288;***12384;***12356;***12376;***12423;***12358;***12406;***12288;***12363;?

Last edited by Kamui; 12-09-2007 at 08:17.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:27   #15
fruitSNACK

fruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond reputefruitSNACK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
¤´¨)
¸·´¸·*´¨) ¸·*¨)
(¸·´ (¸·`¤ You suck
s11n
FiddleSticks
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: