View Poll Results: Proposed changes to skills prevent or remove Fog, Poison Star, & Poison
Yes - XP Shield - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 98 70.00%
No - XP Shield - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 33 23.57%
Yes - Fatal Strike - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 51 36.43%
No - Fatal Strike - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 54 38.57%
Yes - Fly/XP Fly - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 60 42.86%
No - Fly/XP Fly - Prevents Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 53 37.86%
Yes - Pray/XP Revive - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 101 72.14%
No - Pray/XP Revive - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 28 20.00%
Yes - Meditation/Spirit Heal - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 84 60.00%
No - Meditation/Spirit Heal - Removes Fog, Poison Star, & Poison 43 30.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 23:53   #76
CindyZ
Super Moderator
 
CindyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Conquer
Posts: 7,215
CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, it's too long in deed...
But here is my opinion: instead of giving every class a skill to prevent or remove the TG skill, why don't we just weaken the effect of TG itself? Like shorten the time from 60 secs to 30 secs, and the damage rate from 50% to 30%. Also, like the other player suggested, making the TG skill a XP skill might also works.
__________________
Be patient, efficient and tolerant to all.
Life is not easy.
CindyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2009, 02:41   #77
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo
 
Lotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, England, Earth
Posts: 8,558
Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, it's too long in deed...
But here is my opinion: instead of giving every class a skill to prevent or remove the TG skill, why don't we just weaken the effect of TG itself? Like shorten the time from 60 secs to 30 secs, and the damage rate from 50% to 30%. Also, like the other player suggested, making the TG skill a XP skill might also works.
Shortening it from 60 to 30 seconds and decreasing the damage from 50% to 30% would mean that at fixed Toxic Fog, the average 12000 hp character would be left with 340 hp after 30 seconds.

That is much more fair than the current set up.
__________________
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending


Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2009, 12:23   #78
Anji
Devil-Tria
 
Anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florida..
Posts: 2,974
Anji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Anji
toxic fog is to powerfull, thats a old line but true, you have a bunch of retards with no skill toxic fogging you running away then zapping you for 1 when you are all weakened. What type of crap is that? there is no more skill in this game..its who ever can fog the other one the quickest wins..it makes me sick and really pisses me off how cheap fights have become.

I forgot to mentioned that toxic fog should be nerfed to 10% damage and should only have 1 level which would be the one you start off with that would make it fixed...really i want the old pvp that we used to have before fog...now its just really a buncha ***** taos that every one is making to fight..throw that with fog bots and nado locks and its just pointless to fight any more.
__________________
1986, a good year for porn and video games.
Anji is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2009, 05:12   #79
Draconis71
Banded
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LION server
Posts: 1,705
Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll say the archers FLY to avoid this? Then a ninja who's not 2nd/3rd tier's COMPLETLEY boned in fighting them.

I'd agree, make the water tao's get an XP skill that can be used to strip the effects of TF/etc and shield the target from them for ?30-30 seconds? to prevent re-poisoning. Have this skill be albe to target the water themselves... (preventative skill, in addition to being the cure.. Not sure if you should be hit by fog/star/etc before bing targeted... but..) I'd suggest a heal-factor in on the cure affliction as well, something like 200-400 HP: Nothing major, but, maybe enough to get the player out of the woods.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
toxic fog is to powerfull, thats a old line but true, you have a bunch of retards with no skill toxic fogging you running away then zapping you for 1 when you are all weakened. What type of crap is that? there is no more skill in this game..its who ever can fog the other one the quickest wins..it makes me sick and really pisses me off how cheap fights have become.

I forgot to mentioned that toxic fog should be nerfed to 10% damage and should only have 1 level which would be the one you start off with that would make it fixed...really i want the old pvp that we used to have before fog...now its just really a buncha ***** taos that every one is making to fight..throw that with fog bots and nado locks and its just pointless to fight any more.


Sounds like YOUR beef is with the botters... and, yes, I agree.
Draconis71 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2009, 08:35   #80
Majin~Vegeta
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 891
Majin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond reputeMajin~Vegeta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, it's too long in deed...
But here is my opinion: instead of giving every class a skill to prevent or remove the TG skill, why don't we just weaken the effect of TG itself? Like shorten the time from 60 secs to 30 secs, and the damage rate from 50% to 30%. Also, like the other player suggested, making the TG skill a XP skill might also works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
Shortening it from 60 to 30 seconds and decreasing the damage from 50% to 30% would mean that at fixed Toxic Fog, the average 12000 hp character would be left with 340 hp after 30 seconds.

That is much more fair than the current set up.
I already have an idea in place to address the concern of damage.

But I do not think either of you really truly understand the philosophy of "tug-of-war" PvP.

Tug-Of-War PvP simply means that you give options to players to directly counter another players actions in as many situations as possible within reason.

If someone casts fog on you, what can you do about it?

You have no Direct "counter" to Toxic Fog. Only indirect. An indirect counter would be to run away. It is considered indirect because rather than directly doing something about the problem, it circumnavigates it.

A direct solution for one is of course to give players the option that their gears can reduce the damage.

An even better direct solution is that players can use skills in certain situations to proactively prevent or reactively remove Toxic Fog or Poison Star.

Furthermore, if I am a skilled player, if I manage my resources correctly, I should be able to swiftly counter Toxic Fog.

Being forced to wait 30 seconds is still too long if there is nothing you can do to counter it.

I can call TQ's bluff right now, they are simply going to make the Shaolin Monk capable of removing Toxic Fog or something along those lines, forcing everyone who wants this ability to have to remake their characters yet again.

Instead of being focused on their pocket book, they should focus on improving the current product they have first.

It is the same mistake Microsoft has made so many times. They keep thinking "new features, new features" when in reality people like the existing product, they just need to improve on what they already have.
Majin~Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 18:21   #81
Anji
Devil-Tria
 
Anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Florida..
Posts: 2,974
Anji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond reputeAnji has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Anji
I say if anything ninjas should be given a weapon that can heal poison but with a certain percentage of failure so that it doesnt completely kills toxic fog.

In any case its not only the botters, its like no one knows how to fight any more, you got some cheap idiots toxic fly or run off then come back when you are weak and boom they think they are pro...theres nothing pro about fogging...for god sakes i have a nin nin nin and i dont even use fog (well i do but its only when people stack on my items like eggs, mets, gems, coins) but in pvp i rarely use it, i rather nix or penetrate them...but people are just to *****.

One thing that is funny though if toxic fog is nerfed to be just a skill that does 10% damage or there has to be less difference in pot then i am going to die laughing at all these morons that make nin war wat because they are going to be so useless...lol... sorry im just angry because our enemy guild has like 60 waters and thats how they win gw...plus they use cheats.
__________________
1986, a good year for porn and video games.
Anji is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2009, 13:42   #82
~Ragnar~
<3 NZ
 
~Ragnar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7
~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ragnar~ has a reputation beyond repute
Give the waters an anti-fog spell just like rev? that simple
~Ragnar~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2009, 14:23   #83
Clenk~V.8
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,303
Clenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin~Vegeta View Post
I already have an idea in place to address the concern of damage.

But I do not think either of you really truly understand the philosophy of "tug-of-war" PvP.

Tug-Of-War PvP simply means that you give options to players to directly counter another players actions in as many situations as possible within reason.

If someone casts fog on you, what can you do about it?

You have no Direct "counter" to Toxic Fog. Only indirect. An indirect counter would be to run away. It is considered indirect because rather than directly doing something about the problem, it circumnavigates it.

A direct solution for one is of course to give players the option that their gears can reduce the damage.

An even better direct solution is that players can use skills in certain situations to proactively prevent or reactively remove Toxic Fog or Poison Star.

Furthermore, if I am a skilled player, if I manage my resources correctly, I should be able to swiftly counter Toxic Fog.

Being forced to wait 30 seconds is still too long if there is nothing you can do to counter it.

I can call TQ's bluff right now, they are simply going to make the Shaolin Monk capable of removing Toxic Fog or something along those lines, forcing everyone who wants this ability to have to remake their characters yet again.

Instead of being focused on their pocket book, they should focus on improving the current product they have first.

It is the same mistake Microsoft has made so many times. They keep thinking "new features, new features" when in reality people like the existing product, they just need to improve on what they already have.
If you want a skill to counter it why not suggest the Water spell Invisibility does it? It already removes the effect of Stigma and Star of Accuracy. If it removes buffs why not make it remove debuffs of Toxic Fog and Poison Star.
Clenk~V.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2009, 04:22   #84
catalinsensei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
catalinsensei is on a distinguished road
Yes it would be much more better if they would shorten the TF from 60 to 30 and not 20 hits... only 6 hits in 30 sec that would be 1 hit per 5sec... or... TQ should come up with a sort of Pill ... like in onther MMO`s ... wich remove ... or shorten the effect... look at Silkroad online ... Cabal online ... pills guys ... pills ... u take them as pots... and weeken the effect... even remove it ...
catalinsensei is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-2009, 04:20   #85
LightOfAngel
Suomi prkl
 
LightOfAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Suomi - Finland
Posts: 575
LightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond repute
no for meditation or spirit healing koz they can run out from pka/jail and do the meditation or SH and come back to pka with full hp and full stamina... -.-
same for pray/xp revive they can put water outside of pka
__________________
[Gem World - Turquoise]

(2RB Warrior-Warrior-Warrior)
(lvl 135) <- playing on this acc more nowadays

(2RB Ninja-Ninja-Ninja)
(lvl 138) [TF Fixed, PS Fixed, CK Fixed] <- each skill i've fixed first on my server

Last update 26th Aug. 2011
LightOfAngel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50   #86
fady1wu
Sweet Kiss
 
fady1wu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 3,240
fady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond reputefady1wu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to fady1wu
Toxicfog is overpowered.
But i do not agree on skills dis-activating skills.

-Fady1wu
__________________
Glory>SnowWhite
RedRibbonSword 351 potency130Wat>130War>137Tro
Created:15 days for 130 Water>15 days for 130 Warrior>17 days for 130 Trojan.

Knowledge Of The Sword

The Wireless Lag!
How to get 971 pkpionts in 120 seconds - And its all because of you!
Conquer - Getting Away With Murder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniema View Post
If your not a bulker your a paypaler.
If your not a paypaler your a newb.
If your a newb your an egy.
fady1wu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45   #87
Spanky07
Leviathan
 
Spanky07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 36
Spanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpanky07 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Spanky07
Angry

I say TQ just needs to dump ToxicFog from the game! Its way over powered and you cant get away from it,it pisses me off when ppl look at my gears and see my BP is lower then theres, so they fog me and laugh. Its BS!!!

MY OPINION IS: GET RID OF TOXIC FOG!!!



Never Fear For The End Is Near
Spanky07 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 14:13   #88
UCANTSEEMEE
Buckets
 
UCANTSEEMEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NBA
Posts: 2,808
UCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, it's too long in deed...
But here is my opinion: instead of giving every class a skill to prevent or remove the TG skill, why don't we just weaken the effect of TG itself? Like shorten the time from 60 secs to 30 secs, and the damage rate from 50% to 30%. Also, like the other player suggested, making the TG skill a XP skill might also works.
dont u mean tf instead of tg cuz mostly tg= training grounds and tf=toxic fog
__________________
Dragon Server.
Quit.
Game is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinks View Post
Arguing who's the most skillful pirate lol. Whats next, most skillful Assassin? or maybe even Fire tao.
^ sums up co pretty much
UCANTSEEMEE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 14:15   #89
Lement
Not a Tao
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 742
Lement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond reputeLement has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightOfAngel View Post
no for meditation or spirit healing koz they can run out from pka/jail and do the meditation or SH and come back to pka with full hp and full stamina... -.-
same for pray/xp revive they can put water outside of pka
they can already do that.
Lement is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009, 16:22   #90
Neatfreak
Registered User
 
Neatfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 57
Neatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond reputeNeatfreak has a reputation beyond repute
All suggestions you made are pretty good. I would just be happy if an antidote was made and was available at pharmacist.
Neatfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:59.


You Rated this Thread: