Old 06-16-2018, 08:38   #1
alzz1000

alzz1000 is on a distinguished road
Why on earth do people still play this game?

I started Co back in 2006.... and then this game was decent and up to par with other mmorpgs.... but now their are games on my iphone that ****s on the graphics and game play on conquer and actually offer enjoyment. To top it all this game requires ALOT of money for you to be half decent its so expensive its insane! I am not here to hate but why do people still play it?
alzz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2018, 10:39   #2
KloacmrotSi

KloacmrotSi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzz1000 View Post
I started Co back in 2006.... and then this game was decent and up to par with other mmorpgs.... but now their are games on my iphone that ****s on the graphics and game play on conquer and actually offer enjoyment. To top it all this game requires ALOT of money for you to be half decent its so expensive its insane! I am not here to hate but why do people still play it?
for me I cannt stand mmos with left click to attack and time waited cool down activated fkey skills. I guess what really sets this one appart is the view and command u have over ur character, ive tried and tried to like gu1,aion,wow, and many more but its so repetitive, im aware each of them offer different base styles but its always the same crap just a different story mode.

it appears now the people who are left playing this game either cant sell their gears for real money or they've spent to much and figure the point of taking a lose would be 1/10 of what they actually spent.

the others are pretty much jobless, they can play this game consistently, camp bosses etc, get perf/+/chi higher and higher. and now because of deityland and other quest it truly does kill off a huge amount of player base. Being able to log in everyday for 2 hours minimum is a huge hassle. this also kills the thought of returning players.
so in short words people are just stuck . weather it be they don't bulk and they play 24/7 or they bulked to much the thought of selling seems as a stupid idea as most gears aren't worth much anymore on the black market.
KloacmrotSi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2018, 12:26   #3
Zagger_28

Zagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant futureZagger_28 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KloacmrotSi View Post
for me I cannt stand mmos with left click to attack and time waited cool down activated fkey skills. I guess what really sets this one appart is the view and command u have over ur character, ive tried and tried to like gu1,aion,wow, and many more but its so repetitive, im aware each of them offer different base styles but its always the same crap just a different story mode.

it appears now the people who are left playing this game either cant sell their gears for real money or they've spent to much and figure the point of taking a lose would be 1/10 of what they actually spent.

the others are pretty much jobless, they can play this game consistently, camp bosses etc, get perf/+/chi higher and higher. and now because of deityland and other quest it truly does kill off a huge amount of player base. Being able to log in everyday for 2 hours minimum is a huge hassle. this also kills the thought of returning players.
so in short words people are just stuck . weather it be they don't bulk and they play 24/7 or they bulked to much the thought of selling seems as a stupid idea as most gears aren't worth much anymore on the black market.
such a deep but true comment... well said wouldn't say better myself...
Zagger_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2018, 02:42   #4
Etienne1
Bound User

Etienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond reputeEtienne1 has a reputation beyond repute
I still play the game because Lost Ark Online is still not available globally. Once it goes global, CO will just be my visiting game.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:35   #5
Oddyzeus
Dark

Oddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond repute
yep, I think most of us players wait for Lost Ark and/or Project TL to be released.

Elements - Storm

[Z]Yasha Water-Warrior-WindWalker 130-130-140 (384 BP with Guild)
Monk PVP Championship Europe 2nd Rank!

CounterAction Players are simply trash!
Oddyzeus is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2018, 06:35   #6
King_Kai
NOSTupidyy

King_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to King_Kai
There are many many reasons to why people play this game.

not just what ur limited mind can sum up!

the amount of female players that play conquer...... is another story by itself.
Old 06-20-2018, 00:46   #7
Octavia

Octavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond reputeOctavia has a reputation beyond repute
According to my VIP, I've only spent $42 USD on my 9 years of playing CO.

I really don't play it anymore. It was a fun timewaster when I was a teenager, but nowadays I'm busy playing other games and stuff. I just logged in for the first time in maybe 2 months, and even then I had a 7 months hiatus or something before that, and before that, I just logged in for an hour to do dailies and so.

I look at my gears and I think, okay that's enough. P7 perms (except boots because who cares), full blessing, full socket, almost full +8, perfection system all moons. Basically I think I've maxed out and I'm content with what I achieved already. I just can't go on anymore.

The game is so fucking monotone and boring. I really have no desire to start over in a new MMO. I think the genre is just not for me anymore.

Last edited by Octavia; 06-20-2018 at 00:49.
Octavia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2018, 04:50   #8
Kairn

Kairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe one day when I become a billionaire I might bulk a **** load just so I can crap all over everybody

Until then, I am currently logging in only 5 or so days a month to do dailies when I really have nothing better to do in real life. But it is too difficult for me to realistically compete with the high end players as I stopped putting money into the game a long time ago. So I find it hard to be interested in the game anymore.

I guess having started CO 15 years ago it will always have a place in my heart. I think for a lot of players it is the same - they are constantly chasing the old nostalgic feeling of CO 1.0 / early 2.0.

Occasionally there are some fun events. But most of them are boring, repetitive, or just a money maker for TQ.

The game will be dead soon. I'm not sure what will happen to the $$$ that people have invested in the game when that day comes.
Kairn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2018, 07:55   #9
neverpissmeoff

neverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond reputeneverpissmeoff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzz1000 View Post
try mobile legends on phone ,but still co is life despite im not playing most of the time like before
neverpissmeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2018, 16:16   #10
The last stick
Stickman

The last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond repute
The only reason I know people dont play for is the pvp because it's ****.
The last stick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2018, 02:58   #11
Oddyzeus
Dark

Oddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond reputeOddyzeus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last stick View Post
The only reason I know people dont play for is the pvp because it's ****.
your wrong ppl just play for the PVP Aspect in this game. There is no other Game out there that has similar PVP (Diablo 3 PVP Dead, PathOfExile has no real PVP). Other Games that are "similar" to Conquer Onlines PVP are not MMORPG's in example "Battlerite"

So we have to wait for Lost Ark or Project TL

Elements - Storm

Old 06-21-2018, 07:59   #12
Beyrone
STěRM

Beyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond repute
I think for most people its the way the pvp system works, the low barrier game (not anymore) together with leveling up with your friends and as someone else mentioned the politics, made this game worth while.

Unfortunately this got screwed up years ago by TQ digital, which seem to have a ever lasting urge to gain as much money as they can. And of course a lot of people that were hooked to the game, started paying just to stay better than one another. With all the games I have played I have never seen so many people spend thousands on a game.

What TQ doesn't understand is the amount of money that comes in does not necessarily mean you are doing a great job. In this case they did a great job, and years after this is still footing the bill. But back when I played you could already see the decline, and you can still see it on the forum and its my guess that this is also the case in the game itself.

I have great memories of this game, too bad its run by company like TQ.

Also proud Ex-Guildleader of DragonSoul, I will never forget the great times we had.

Please vote for better guild management
Beyrone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2018, 09:26   #13
HitIt!

HitIt! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddyzeus View Post
your wrong ppl just play for the PVP Aspect in this game. There is no other Game out there that has similar PVP (Diablo 3 PVP Dead, PathOfExile has no real PVP). Other Games that are "similar" to Conquer Onlines PVP are not MMORPG's in example "Battlerite"

Wait, running around as Assassin, wait in corner hit or run run TFB. That's PVP now?
HitIt! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2018, 09:27   #14
HitIt!

HitIt! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddyzeus View Post

Lost Ark all the way. How about LoL though?
HitIt! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2018, 06:14   #15
Oddyzeus
Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitIt! View Post
Wait, running around as Assassin, wait in corner hit or run run TFB. That's PVP now?
sounds silly i know to claim thats pvp but you know, ppl choose to play those classes for a reason. I am a Fastbladeing Wind Walker so ya ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitIt! View Post
Lost Ark all the way. How about LoL though?
yep also pretty hyped about Lost Ark. I don't like the laneing phase of League of Legends. And also League of Legends is not a MMORPG where your "Character progresses over time" (Progresses for a Game and progress gets deleted after Game and you start over from level 1) the new Lineage Game can also be pretty interesting "Project TL"

Elements - Storm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: