Old 09-01-2012, 04:39   #1
Raistlin_Majere
Mad cheese

Raistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond repute
Post Declaration of better Conquer Online

Fellow gamers of Conquer online and good guild leaders of fine establishments. This message as it will follow, won’t probably concern everyone, but for those who are willing to take responsibility and rightful attitude towards their favorite past-time this declaration will hopefully fulfill its purpose.

Over the passing years we have come to inclusion many times over that this game is in ruin. However it is not only the game functions that are to be blame. Worst devious act of ruining everyone’s good is caused mainly by people themselves. Sometimes knowingly bad actions, but for most part, only by selfish acts are to be found, when you seek source of all this ruin.

These things did not happen overnight. Things can turn bad but also for good over time. Only if we manage to inspire others trough our actions we can make our environment also to be what we desire it to be. For the betterment of Conquer Online we must never lose our moral high ground on our sight. That is to be most vital point in our shared efforts to make our surroundings better, more healthier and more joyful.

If you look into yourself and look for goals and purposes do not only look for means to get what you want in life. Try also stay composed on clarity of mind while you keep pushing for any effort that you do. Sometimes goals are more easily to be obtained by helping others to achieve what they desire. This will not lesser your own well-being but it will increase it. This help can be given by countless of ways. Material support is only one of billion of them because there is many more ways to make lasting impression on others well-being.

Now let’s get back to people and making that lasting impression. I will make little detour on this because those who want deeply understand how to be better person can learn something from history. This little detour is mainly for leaders of guilds but also for those who have taken leading stand on their communities.
At Italy in the age of starting renaissance we can find first example of leadership. Ruthless and bitter Niccolo Machiavelli wrote little book called The Prince. This has long been sole study book of bright leadership for those who want to make biggest portion of leadership efforts without moral conduct. However this is just the way how we went into these problems in the first place. We were greedy for power and we cut in line many times to get there by hurting others. This is what caused many bitter moments in this world and will continue to do so unless we don’t take stand against it.

Following example will tell how to achieve this better dynamics of humans. In the age of enlightenment one early leader of Prussia long before Prussia got overshadowed by Otto Von Bichmark there was another leader who won many wars. He did not win those wars like Bichmark did later on with sole brute force and organized military tactics. That other leader won most of his military campaigns because of affection that his own people carry towards their cause. This leader was Frederick the Great. His leadership principle was written down on his small note Anti-Machiavelli that countered the idea of selfishness displayed in earlier work of Niccolo Machiavelli. Frederick conducted: “Monarch’s pledge to his or hers people is that monarch is obligated to increase his subject’s happiness and well-being.” This is also healthy way to live as an example no matter what your position is.

Now we are back in words of happiness and well-being that we commonly desire in game. To achieve those, trough better social environment in Conquer Online I merely want to remind for the biggest obstacle but also for new start. That is you and the choices you will make every day. We all fail at some point despite how high we try held our values. But that is bad excuse for not trying.

Quid pro Quo. Now is your turn to return words. It has been long and somewhat tedious remark but hopefully it will replace something bad with goodness.

Yours truly.

R

Guild website (Join in our University of Justice, research for benefit of gamers):

http://www.justicefa.webs.com/

-Act with same rules, what you would like to be as rule for all people- Immanuel Kant

Against rasicm --->
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=582979

Old 09-01-2012, 04:48   #2
Sanad
Lord Ruler

Sanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond repute
Summary: **** TQ?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:00   #3
Godot
Coffee

Godot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond reputeGodot has a reputation beyond repute
tl;dr.
Godot is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 05:11   #4
AlanAlanAlan!
Banned

AlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond repute
Why do I think people bot?
Because they are selfish and greedy people who just can't get enough CPs?
Or because TQ has ruined the game and made it impossible to earn CPs without either mass botting or using real money?

Pick one.
AlanAlanAlan! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 05:27   #5
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanAlanAlan! View Post
Why do I think people bot?
Because they are selfish and greedy people who just can't get enough CPs?
Or because TQ has ruined the game and made it impossible to earn CPs without either mass botting or using real money?

Pick one.
so where do all the legit players who cant level without getting ks'ed by a bot come in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMind View Post
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
IluminatI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 05:49   #6
AlanAlanAlan!
Banned

AlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond reputeAlanAlanAlan! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluminatI View Post
so where do all the legit players who cant level without getting ks'ed by a bot come in?
Nowhere
Old 09-01-2012, 05:51   #7
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanAlanAlan! View Post
Nowhere
thats like me. trying to do 300 quest. tons of ninjas zipping round.
try to do quest, tells me to kill rockmonsters, tons of ninja bots zipping around.

yeah how do i play.
justify it all you want it still wont add up,
Quote:
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:52   #8
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
The game has changed and now attracts a different type of gamer.

I think a younger gamer. A more pvp preference typs of player. Other changes also have made changes in who would choose to play this game.

The game itself has changed who plays.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 06:16   #9
AlanAlanAlan!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluminatI View Post
thats like me. trying to do 300 quest. tons of ninjas zipping round.
try to do quest, tells me to kill rockmonsters, tons of ninja bots zipping around.

yeah how do i play.
justify it all you want it still wont add up,
Oh I'm just justifying anything, I'm just explaining
Old 09-01-2012, 06:36   #10
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Although I was a white knight for a long time, I gave up after seeing the futility of my effort. It wasn't long before the vidster system became a system which was used to extract "vengeance" upon people.

It's simply not possible for the players to fix it. This games coding is full of holes, even a new programmer can create a bot. You can keep trying to report botters, you are merely mopping with the tap running.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 06:45   #11
Raistlin_Majere
Mad cheese

Raistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond reputeRaistlin_Majere has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Although I was a white knight for a long time, I gave up after seeing the futility of my effort. It wasn't long before the vidster system became a system which was used to extract "vengeance" upon people.

It's simply not possible for the players to fix it. This games coding is full of holes, even a new programmer can create a bot. You can keep trying to report botters, you are merely mopping with the tap running.
8 years in, never give up

Guild website (Join in our University of Justice, research for benefit of gamers):

-Act with same rules, what you would like to be as rule for all people- Immanuel Kant

Against rasicm --->

Old 09-01-2012, 07:27   #12
Jerri~v.2.1
Gawh

Location: SUOMI PERKELE! Total post count on banned accounts: 27 153
Jerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that legit, non DB buying or 5 pack a month type of players can't keep up with the top players (Mostly bulkers and scammers, but also includes a few people who got ridiculously lucky with demon box/other events) has resulted in massive botting. I really don't see any way a player, who starts the game today, could ever reach full 2 soc full +8 (let alone +12) without buying DBs with thousands of euros.

Back in the good ol' 06 when players actually played the game, botting was highly frowned upon and botters were considered scum. Now no one really gives a **** if someone bots, it's like: "oh, you bot. Good for you dawg", when it used to be: What the **** you botting piece of ****, get the **** out of the game (+often kick from guild and loss of reputation).

Also, you having a decent gear was an achievement, because it was testament to how much work you put into the game. Whether it was plvling, marketing or hunting. You couldn't really bulk your way to victory. There was something to strive for. Now any kid with a rich dad can get perfect character in a matter of weeks. So there's really nothing to respect in pro gear. And skill is all gone with no one actually bothering to FB anymore, and the lag being so bad that even if you wanted to FB you can't because your ping is so unstable.

Botting is more a rule rather than the exception. Then, there's the skill which used to be involved in the game. Now anyone with skill is considered a botter, mostly because it's so easy to get a bot and the average player really doesnt have any skill whatsoever in this game.

In the past the best FBers were really well known throughout the game, not only on their server, but on other servers as well.

I guess it's easy to blame the Egyptian population, due to there being 100 egys for every non-egy, and them often being really young, like 13 or so. And add to that the cultural differences, which somehow, at least to me, seem like cheating isn't really that big of an issue in there. Sure, might sound a bit racist, and maybe it is. But yeah, I've heard more than my fair share of stories where a cousin (or other relative) scammed another relatives gear. Which to me indicates that it's more socially acceptable to scam and cheat in that region of the world. (As a side note, I'm sure such events have occurred in other parts of the world too, but I've heard dozens of such stories from egy friends.)

Well **** me if this didn't end up being a long post. I apologize to anyone who actually bothered to read it.
***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;
NinjaAnanta ~ [Ninja-Ninja-Ninja][130-130-138][Potency: 301(315)]
***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;

Last edited by Jerri~v.2.1; 09-01-2012 at 07:31.
Jerri~v.2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 07:31   #13
Raistlin_Majere
Mad cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerri~v.2.1 View Post
The fact that legit, non DB buying or 5 pack a month type of players can't keep up with the top players (Mostly bulkers and scammers, but also includes a few people who got ridiculously lucky with demon box/other events) has resulted in massive botting. I really don't see any way a player, who starts the game today, could ever reach full 2 soc full +8 (let alone +12) without buying DBs with thousands of euros.

Back in the good ol' 06 when players actually played the game, botting was highly frowned upon and botters were considered scum. Now no one really gives a **** if someone bots, it's like: "oh, you bot. Good for you dawg", when it used to be: What the **** you botting piece of ****, get the **** out of the game (+often kick from guild and loss of reputation).

Also, you having a decent gear was an achievement, because it was testament to how much work you put into the game. Whether it was plvling, marketing or hunting. You couldn't really bulk your way to victory. There was something to strive for. Now any kid with a rich dad can get perfect character in a matter of weeks. So there's really nothing to respect in pro gear. And skill is all gone with no one actually bothering to FB anymore, and the lag being so bad that even if you wanted to FB you can't because your ping is so unstable.

Botting is more a rule rather than the exception. Then, there's the skill which used to be involved in the game. Now anyone with skill is considered a botter, mostly because it's so easy to get a bot and the average player really doesnt have any skill whatsoever in this game.

In the past the best FBers were really well known throughout the game, not only on their server, but on other servers as well.

I guess it's easy to blame the Egyptian population, due to there being 100 egys for every non-egy, and them often being really young, like 13 or so. And add to that the cultural differences, which somehow, at least to me, seem like cheating isn't really that big of an issue in there. Sure, might sound a bit racist, and maybe it is. But yeah, I've heard more than my fair share of stories where a cousin (or other relative) scammed another relatives gear. Which to me indicates that it's more socially acceptable to scam and cheat in that region of the world. (As a side note, I'm sure such events have occurred in other parts of the world too, but I've heard dozens of such stories from egy friends.)
True true, sad but true.

Against rasicm --->

Old 09-01-2012, 17:12   #14
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Well **** me if this didn't end up being a long post. I apologize to anyone who actually bothered to read it.
Your post is good, I read it with no regret

At least TQ released some easy exp quest without the need of effort.
The new daily quest is the best example, though it doesn't need effort at least I don't have to rage due to botters
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2012, 17:30   #15
IluminatI
I<3Food

Quote:

this is one of those great walls we get every now and then on this forum which is just.... the gospel of truth.
Quote:
Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: