Old 01-03-2011, 05:23   #1
BabyDread
Banned

BabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond reputeBabyDread has a reputation beyond repute
New players Guide on how not to piss off CO Vets

Well I mentioned this more then a couple times on my server Pluto about how the new players piss off the old Vets with their ways.

SO here is my guide

Do not Beg, for items, for a power level, CPS, Gold, pretty much anything.
If you need help, introduced yourself and ask nicely as you would in Real life.
Do not walk away in snit too if you do not get the help you think you may need. People are busy, Higher levels have quests too (way harder and longer) guild duties etc.
WE are not there for you new players.

IF you see a player with a spawn, do not go up beside the player and try to Kill steal, Get your own spawn or ask, monsters around the place now days in CO, especially in Bird City.

Teaming, Do not make the team if you are low level and looking for a power level. Back in the OLD CO, people would ask for a team. Higher level players are usually making teams to get virtues points etc.

DO not try to Steal drops, their is items all around on the ground, why is it that some players have to go for your drop. I can see the occasional fight over a met, A DB drop may be an opportunity to PK or Steal because of it's great worth but is the rest of it really the PK that may be coming if you steal drops.

The endless questions, OK I can see the occasional question, but the website, the CO website and guides is greatly improved since I first started.

Bots, hacks and Cheats, Yes some of us have never used them.
Do not like them, do not like players that use them.
IF you mentioning them in World Chat is not going to get your noticed and may be reported think again. You will get reported.

Other bad Behaviour, When in a guild, keep your fund positive, Do not join guilds, just so you can go pking and getting pked instead and eating up guild fund. Try to learn and understand the game and what guild is about and the activates associated with it.

Language problems. This really bugs me, I have an English name for my Char, Why would any think that Would speak any other language then that.
Arabic players do this every day. Address me in their language and continue after I say I only speak English. I do not understand them and it seems they do not understand me.

Lately I found most players that talk to me, It is not people looking for a chat or friends, just people looking for something easy.

CO is way easy now days, I want your new players to realize that and just like life, manners, respect and proper conduct can take you a long way.

Bear in mind learning nevers stops and we always can up our game.

Last edited by BabyDread; 01-03-2011 at 05:27.
BabyDread is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2011, 05:40   #2
Kairn

Kairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond reputeKairn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDread View Post
Other bad Behaviour, When in a guild, keep your fund positive, Do not join guilds, just so you can go pking and getting pked instead and eating up guild fund. Try to learn and understand the game and what guild is about and the activates associated with it.
Extremely annoying when I'm the GL

Quote:
Language problems. This really bugs me, I have an English name for my Char, Why would any think that Would speak any other language then that.
Arabic players do this every day. Address me in their language and continue after I say I only speak English. I do not understand them and it seems they do not understand me.
Lol, so true, stupid egys
Kairn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45   #3
*Sonne*
cultivator

*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my addition to your guide. The important parts are obviously bold and in red.

Helping Children With Manners

Manners are constantly changing from one century or one generation to the next. For example, a handshake originally was meant to show that men were not carrying a sword or dagger in their hands. Men still tip their hats because once knights in armor lifted the visors of their helmets to show their faces. And it wasn't too many years ago that a man almost always got up in a crowded bus and gave his seat to a woman. Nevertheless, certain manners do survive from one decade to the next, and this is because manners make life easier for everybody.
There are three important ideas behind the good manners we use today:
custom, consideration, and common sense
. Custom is the habit of doing certain things like shaking hands and tipping hats mentioned above. Consideration is the most important idea behind all good manners. Almost always, being considerate is being well-mannered. Consideration is simply thinking about the way the other person feels. Being rude to someone is bad manners, not because a book says so, but because it causes hurt feelings. Nearly all good manners have in element of common sense. If you are standing in the rear of a crowded elevator, it's not reasonable-nor good manners-to try pushing your way to the front so you can get out first.

These are the basic ideas we want to teach our children when we are trying to instill good manners-simple kindness, consideration, and common sense. The following suggestions written for and directed to children may give some added authority in the matter of what is common courtesy and what is not.

Manners at Home
Home is where you learn to get along with people.
The closer you live with other people, the more important good manners are. Everybody in a household should respect the rights and feelings of everybody else. Try to listen when others in the family have something to say. Even a little brother or sister who can't yet read or a grandmother who seems quite old has a right to an opinion.

It is important for members of a family to consider each other's privacy. No matter how crowded a home is, everyone in it has a right to some place that is his own. Here are some privacy don'ts:

Don't open a closed door until you have knocked and waited for permission to enter.
Don't go into anyone else's bureau, desk, box, or papers at home or anywhere else without his permission.
Don't read anyone's mail or anything he has written (for example, a diary) unless he asks you to.
Don't discuss the private affairs of your family with outsiders or tell about a family problem.
Another important part of family good manners is sharing. You share the TV set and the telephone and the bathroom and maybe a bedroom or a closet or a desk. You share the work. This means cleaning up after yourself and sharing the responsibility for the safety of everyone in the house.

Telephone Manners
Always give the person you are calling plenty of time to get to the phone before you hang up. If the person who answers is not the one you want, give your name and ask if you may speak to the person you've called. Ask, "May I speak to Tommy?" not "Is Tommy home!" If he isn't in, you may leave a message.

If someone dials your number accidentally, accept his apology. Everyone sometimes dials a wrong number. No one intends to. If you accidentally dial a wrong number, excuse yourself.

It is considerate to make phone calls at a time when they will not disturb people. Try not to call too early in the morning (before about 9:00) or too late at night (after about 9:30). Try not to call at mealtime.

It's handy to keep a pencil and paper near the phone. If someone calls a member of the family who is not at home, ask the caller if he would Ilk to leave a message. If he does, be sure to get his name and number. 7 if you take a message, be sure to remember to deliver it!

Table Manners
Most families have established their own table manners that are important to them. Here are a few that should be remembered when you are at home and when you are a guest:

Never reach for any food that is not right in front of you. Ask someone to pass it. And if you are passing something, don't help yourself along the way.
If your food is too hot, wait for it to cool. Don't blow on it.
If you put something in your mouth that's too hot, don't spit it out. Reach for your water and take a quick swallow.
Don't talk with your mouth full.
Bring your food up to your mouth rather than bending over to reach it.
There are a few additional rules for eating in a restaurant:

Don't be upset if you spill something. It happens all the time. The waiter will clean it up.
Don't pick up your silverware if you drop it on the floor. Ask the waiter to replace it for you.
Don't put packages or handbags on the table.
Don't comb your hair at the table.
Don't use a toothpick in public.

Being a Guest
We all know that we have certain responsibilities when we are the host or hostess. But there are responsibilities when one is a guest that are equally important. Here are a few of them:

Don't go visiting unless you're expected.
Don't overstay your invitation.
Don't expect to be waited on. Offer to help.
Don't plan to stay overnight without consulting the hostess and your parents.
Don't upset the family's routine.
Don't make extra work. Make your bed, straighten up after yourself.
Be sure to say thank you for a meal or an overnight visit at a friend's house.

Manners on the Street
Unless you are at home or at a friend's house, you are on public property. Bemuse this property is used by many people, it is especially important that everyone use common sense and good manners. Here are some street don'ts:

Don't walk in bunches so that you block others.
Don't stop to chat in the middle of the sidewalk. Step to the side so that people won't have to move around you.
Don't stare at or make fun of anyone, no matter how strange he may look.
Don't be a litterbug.
Don't mark on buildings or other public property.
If you bump into someone or step on his toe, say you're sorry.

http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/parenting/manners.shtml

Last edited by *Sonne*; 01-03-2011 at 11:48.
*Sonne* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2011, 12:59   #4
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Never whisper a reqiest for free things.

Whispers are nasty if people do not want them.

Don't whisper.

Players can read talk..if they are there. Whispers require them to do somerthing, even if it is just to close picture.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2011, 16:06   #5
JW62
The Noob

JW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond reputeJW62 has a reputation beyond repute
Newbies have it easy, they get a super weapon at lvl50 from that beginners pack, and they also got a bunch of useful stuff from that pack too.
JW62 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2011, 14:55   #6
Fannon
Hippie killer

Fannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW62 View Post
Newbies have it easy, they get a super weapon at lvl50 from that beginners pack, and they also got a bunch of useful stuff from that pack too.
a lot has changed since the old days, they have it very easy now compared to how much we had to go through for super items and what we had to go through to not lose items.

and there is fairly few real pk'ers compared to back when there were people with 20k pk points, doing nothing but making life hard for people farming.
Old 01-06-2011, 18:31   #7
wolvesreign
Ohh shiny!

wolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond repute
Nice guide. Hopefully some people will get it.

Currently geared off 3 +8 lotto wins

Currently guild leader of Haterade

Bulk more get tq'd
wolvesreign is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2011, 21:57   #8
tetsujin

tetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have a Japanese name yet I don't speak Japanese as do many Arabs have English names (albeit spelled poorly most of the time).
Old 01-06-2011, 23:26   #9
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't ask to add friends the minute you meet them. The friend list is only 50 people long, so talk first, we might like you and then have a reason to add you.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2011, 00:38   #10
ZappinDirty
Banned

ZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond reputeZappinDirty has a reputation beyond repute
could u make font different color perhaps maybe add bulletins?

too much text to read @__@
ZappinDirty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33   #11
DutchReaper
Dutchman

DutchReaper is on a distinguished road
I really hate those new ones keep spamming in my whisper
"Englighten plzzzzzzz"
or "dedinho plz" i reallt dont know wath dedinho is xD
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39   #12
KaiYoshimiya
Banned

KaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond repute
No additions to be made, dont think im deluded enough . Such a magnetic segregation.
KaiYoshimiya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2011, 14:06   #13
Zima

Zima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond reputeZima has a reputation beyond repute
sorry for being cynical, especially since you put a lot of time into that but...

you ever considered that newbies split into two groups: those following common sense and those that don't? First group handles itself quite well without such guide, second one won't read it because its not official, because they won't care, (insert any excuse here) or just because they dont speak english in a first place.

Looking forward to see that translated to...heh, non-english languages.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2011, 14:13   #14
Paper~DeidaraZ
Banned

Paper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond reputePaper~DeidaraZ has a reputation beyond repute
sheesh, its a game for god sake
and for the dedinho guy.

im not brazilian but i talk spanish as main, and i can tell you dedinho it's brazilian for "finger"
Paper~DeidaraZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2011, 21:57   #15
wolvesreign
Ohh shiny!

wolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond reputewolvesreign has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much means finger (enlighten) me.

Currently geared off 3 +8 lotto wins

Currently guild leader of Haterade

Bulk more get tq'd
wolvesreign is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: