Old 07-24-2010, 21:36   #1
MarleyFtw

MarleyFtw is on a distinguished road
About a Water Tao...

Hey guys,

how's going?

Well anyway uhm I just started playing again and I am a water tao lvl 40 now... I know the game enough I think till lvl 55 because I used to play a Ninja before... Anyway I did read so many guides & stuff about water taos and they are all going so negative... everything u read about the water tao is like: they suck only thing they can do is heal... and even the healing of a water tao sucks. water tao is useless etc... (those are guides from 2005-2006 though).

so my question is, do water taos really suck so ***n hard as everyone is saying? i did read that they also can be good with some attacking spellS?

btw can someone explain me the move 'stigma' please and why archers want you so ***n bad in their team if you can use that spell?

thankkkks!

- Marley.
MarleyFtw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 22:17   #2
celticfrost

celticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond reputecelticfrost has a reputation beyond repute
They're good if you use them right.
YEA.
celticfrost is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2010, 22:26   #3
D.Fang
CookieDino

D.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond repute
stigma increases other characters attack so archers want you to stigma them so that when they scatter it kills the monsters faster.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29   #4
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
WATER TAO IS THE BEST CLASS EVER!!

they are slow to lvl though expecially if ur a beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMind View Post
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
IluminatI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2010, 15:00   #5
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFtw View Post
Hey guys,
... everything u read about the water tao is like: they suck only thing they can do is heal... and even the healing of a water tao sucks. water tao is useless etc... (those are guides from 2005-2006 though).

so my question is, do water taos really suck so ***n hard as everyone is saying? i did read that they also can be good with some attacking spellS?

btw can someone explain me the move 'stigma' please and why archers want you so ***n bad in their team if you can use that spell?
Whatever class you choose, some people will always try to dis it, so don't take the comments to heart. They soon change their tune if they want to be revived by you.

Water taos are intended to be a support class. They can be hard to level, because first-time water taos don't have any form of attack that will hit several monsters at once, and their best single-hit attack is weaker than the attacks such as nado that fire taos get. Most people don't have the patience to train a water to L130, if you manage that it will be an achievement to be really proud of.

No other class has a healing spell which will heal all the team at the same time (useful if the team gets fogged). At your level the healing spells may not have much impact on higher-level character with a lot of health, but you get better healing spells at higher levels.

As D.Fang said, stigma increases the strength of attack so people can kill faster. Don't cast it on someone who already kills the monsters in 1 hit, though: that doesn't help and just adds a little lag.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 07-28-2010, 16:39   #6
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Stigma increases a physical attack (melee). It is 30 per cent more attack when fixed. Like having 2 super dragon gems added. It does not help a magic attack.

Water- water used to be one if the best builds.

I just read that water -water- water may again be one of the best builds.

But unless you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars you will probably never be a top player, regardless of class.

But you can have fun !

edit: most say do not reborn at 110.

Last edited by Doc.ackerson; 07-28-2010 at 16:42.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2010, 20:28   #7
(S)mash

(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute(S)mash has a reputation beyond repute
Don't go pure water, you will regret it - pure skills are nothing compared to what u get from mixed class build. war-war-wat or tro-war-wat are the best combos if u want to end in water. They aren't strong pvpers, you can try going melee with a spear or something but thats your choice. Refineries and dragon souls have made waters a bit stronger in pvp but they're still the weakest class.
Old 07-28-2010, 21:07   #8
Deveno

Deveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond repute
if you do go pure water, your clan will love you, as the pure water skill is rocking for something like clan wars.

waters get some good buffs, but they are best put to use on OTHER classes. pure magic-using waters can be nearly as strong as fire taos, but usually don't have the hit points , because to be useful as a water in guild war at all, you have to allocate at least 1k mana, and 2-3k is better. oh, and nado has better range and attack speed, and a bit more damage.

waters CAN go melee, but they have an unpleasant set of choices when they do: low health, or low mana. if one chooses low mana, why be a water? if one chooses low health...get used to dying. there are ways around this, but they are somewhat expensive.

the main thing to waters is their versatility. they do not excel at any one thing, but often have the capabiility of doing more types of things than other classes. they do get more skills than any other class.

ninja/warr/water or trojan/warr/water is probably the best class path for a melee water. a support water can afford to go pure, but it's a LOT of work.

if you wish to PvP as a water, gear is more important than it is for other classes, because they do not generally achieve the high attack of dual wielders. speedgun for spear offsets this to some degree, but on a "classic" server, you may be better off using a backsword. tao gear offers better m-def and not-so-good physical def. for this reason, waters who PvP often wear a necky instead of a bag.

personally, i feel archers are somewhat weaker than waters. other than that, yeah, they have a hard time in PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFerran View Post
Deveno: devourer of souls and threads.
deputy director of mod intelligence services

Got a question? Message me here.
Deveno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2010, 05:41   #9
Rabi_hb174

Rabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond reputeRabi_hb174 has a reputation beyond repute
Ive got a question.

The item you get at 110 Promo is it bound?
Rabi_hb174 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2010, 12:41   #10
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
The socketed item you get at L110 is bound. The 5 exp pots aren't bound, unless that has recently been changed.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 08-11-2010, 01:20   #11
feeling21

feeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond reputefeeling21 has a reputation beyond repute
The Water Taoist are peaceful and reserved in comparison to their fiery cousins, the Fire Taoist. This allows them to study a range of spells that heal, cure or revive others. Water Taoist are the height of spiritual enlightenment, and have lower requirements for many quests (such as rebirth) as their wisdom is like a shortcut in experience.

The stigma skill can increase the attack in a certain time.
feeling21 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 04:31   #12
Eurochic
GlobalMod

Eurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling21 View Post
The Water Taoist are peaceful and reserved in comparison to their fiery cousins, the Fire Taoist. This allows them to study a range of spells that heal, cure or revive others. Water Taoist are the height of spiritual enlightenment, and have lower requirements for many quests (such as rebirth) as their wisdom is like a shortcut in experience.

Did you just read that from the website or have you experience levelling and playing one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveno View Post
if you do go pure water, your clan will love you, as the pure water skill is rocking for something like clan wars.

waters get some good buffs, but they are best put to use on OTHER classes. pure magic-using waters can be nearly as strong as fire taos, but usually don't have the hit points , because to be useful as a water in guild war at all, you have to allocate at least 1k mana, and 2-3k is better. oh, and nado has better range and attack speed, and a bit more damage.

waters CAN go melee, but they have an unpleasant set of choices when they do: low health, or low mana. if one chooses low mana, why be a water? if one chooses low health...get used to dying. there are ways around this, but they are somewhat expensive.

the main thing to waters is their versatility. they do not excel at any one thing, but often have the capabiility of doing more types of things than other classes. they do get more skills than any other class.

ninja/warr/water or trojan/warr/water is probably the best class path for a melee water. a support water can afford to go pure, but it's a LOT of work.

if you wish to PvP as a water, gear is more important than it is for other classes, because they do not generally achieve the high attack of dual wielders. speedgun for spear offsets this to some degree, but on a "classic" server, you may be better off using a backsword. tao gear offers better m-def and not-so-good physical def. for this reason, waters who PvP often wear a necky instead of a bag.

personally, i feel archers are somewhat weaker than waters. other than that, yeah, they have a hard time in PvP.
Dev has a wealth of experience in playing waters.

For my own part I have two main ones I use. The better is nin-war-wat 130-130-133 and the other wat-wat 130-130 which will go pure at some stage.

My nin-war-wat is an awesome fighter it is non melee with 16k health and 4xSTGs and the rest SPGs. At GW when I am reviving around the opposition with high level Tros and Nin I swap my bag for a neccy which gives me close to 10k defence with xp shield.

I enjoy playing this class and look forward to reborning my pure in the future
Judoka2130-130-131 Monk-War-Fire
Judoka3130-130-131 Pure Water
TaMaU120-130-131 Tro-Tro-Arch
expensive91130-130 Pure Water
Destiny_Angel110-130 Pure Water
Melody_Angel110-115 Pure Water
Symphony_Angel Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ikky View Post
Mods are like underwear, you should change them daily!

Last edited by Eurochic; 08-11-2010 at 04:48.
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07   #13
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling21 View Post

wow a super mod iv never seen before

that definatly sounds str8 off the website.

orrrr u could be a very creative-writing person taking mind altering substances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMind View Post
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
IluminatI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 16:03   #14
fuzenkaze

fuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond reputefuzenkaze has a reputation beyond repute
Waters are great but you gotta be mature about it: your entire non-reborn water life you won't be doing much (any) serious one-on-one pvp'ing except maybe with other waters or the occasional noob tro. Doesn't mean you can't pick up FB or SS... SS works with BackSword as well as Sword (look in the forums for how to do that).

*However* the skillset is awesome.

Bloody right the archer wants you on his/her team. Stig can up his attack by 30% (Star works too, on low-level archers).

A water at the top of his/her game is just as busy as the archer on a plvl team. Stig/Cure the archer, Shield/Invis the weaker members and/or Tank (*DON'T* Shield the archer unless he asks), the occasional Cure or Rev when somebody screws up. Takes a fortune in mana so don't feel shy about asking(/demanding) the dropped gold and any mana pots. A mana bs is a good investment, but don't level it up unless you're ready to really pimp it out.

Fixed Fishy is a pretty strong physical attack. And DH is the fastest mode of transport in the game.

That being said, every other class except Fire will kick your ass in a fight as a non-RB Water (though you can usually scare away trojans as long as you don't let them get too close).

But Water>xxx or xxx>Water are very strong RB combinations (check it out in the Guide to see what skills you get/retain).

A xxx>Water can reallot points to Strength to wield weapons (a two-hander is optimal) and as a Water you can stig/star/shield yourself as well.

A Water>xxx retains a good chunk of Water skills.

Water>Fire>xxx even gets XP Revive.

Tro>Warr>Wat gets Cyclone, Superman, Reflect and all the Water skills.

Fuz: 130 Archer (first full -5 on server, one of the original Market Lords)
Nooba: 117 Fire
Drippy: 85 Water

Enjoy.
fuzenkaze is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 17:01   #15
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
Waters in a non-RB perspective are a bit terrible but with semi-good gears, you can zap pretty hard with Fire.

From an RB prespective, Water is a abosultely fabulous class to be in first life. Wat-Warr-XXX with XXX being non-Tao is a good combo.

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: