Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:32   #1
TidduS

TidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond reputeTidduS has a reputation beyond repute
God's Checklist Debated

this is what he left out the point of view from a christian

1st check: no brainer obvious..
2nd check: umm sure lucifer was created by God but not with the intent he would betray or make one to suffer so on and so forth, he was a arch angel who had his own views and wanted to be God thusfore casted out keep this in mind
3rd check:Hell is lucifers kingdom inwhich he created, allowing him to have or do so is with freewill he allows us to sin,kill,so on and so forth,overiding it sure would be great as would over-riding us killing and sinning...like he said it will come into play later..
4th check:well theres not much to say there other than whats right and whats wrong which is based on ones self moreso than God saying its right or wrong
5th check:followers of God wrote this and if u'd read and maybe understand what was meant by it,he bluntly accuses w/o letting the intent of the writer be known as paul wrote about the women he said clearly "But I suffer not a woman to teach,nor usurp authority over man"did u miss the I....
6th check:is an ignorant attack as noone knows what each part of the body does for us...and him only giving the bad things y not list parts of the body like the heart or lungs or brain for that matter...oh we know what they do right.....
7th & 8th check:ummm tree of knowledge and like he said...u will die if u eat meaning u will know sin therefore u will die from ur sins,he did not mean he'd kill him,u see adam and eve knew not sin if u read a lil into genesis...
so they was perfect not subject to death or a sinful life until they eat and knew sin...the snake hah was lucifer himself....as far as after eating the fruit was a violation lmao ...they then knew right from wrong so ofcourse they knew it was sin why then did they hide from God let alone their own nakedness
9th check:umm they reason that was done was not the will of God but freewill of human nature....start with a clean slate lol we all are and can live a sinless life(which would be next to impossible giving the temptations of the world)furthermore that was punishment...
10th check:lmao well for one we are spared from hell...being saved is what Jesus died for....clueless much?and as for not believing, ur punishment is hell why should u be with God?and since u don't believe in God guess what u believe in satan,allow me to elaborate...u have done nothing of Gods rules or will, thus sinned w/o paying mind thus playing a pawn for others to possibly follow all in the plan of satan himself whom has convinced u to do so.. thusfore u shall be with ur god "satan" forever and umm judgement to him is well suffering and torment from God himself for what he is doing so guess what u will suffer with ur god "satan"....
11th check:umm God if u'd read was a stirn God and would punish the wicked which by this time "Noah's Ark" was almost everyone and God was pretty sick of it nonetheless...so yeah
12th check:umm lol God knows all and gives us a choice aka freewill in which path we will choose...so its up to us what or how we live our life in other words shorten or forlong ur days...
13th check:no real arguement there but no real point either...
14th check:sacrifices at this time was to get forgiveness for sins if i remember correctly a year so at that time it was not quite senseless...
15th check:lmao.... for a non believer he talks a good talk ok umm here God was the ruler in that day in time and did miracles for the faithful,then came Jesus who inwhich did the same at his time then they resided in heaven while us humans was manafested such knowledge, Jesus said and gave the promise he will not come back to earth, but to get us...that being said they await in heaven atm hoping some will get saved in this day in time...Jesus said he will send his comforter so if u wanna see miracles witness ppl being saved...if u think we have any faith as they had in God or Jesus then u'd actually see alot of miracles but i guess ppl praying to God in life threatening situations and result in safety or living ain't miracle enough huh?
16th check:umm whats the point here lol?also relys on freewill....
17th check:lol Jesus said i and my father are one true, dig deep for the meaning its not literal...he also said noone but the Father knows when i'm coming back to earth odd....
18th check:umm freewill again it was the will of the ppl to attack,hurt,beat Jesus as he said God could send 10,000 angels and this would be over but it was for a purpose as he blantly said to grant us immunity from hell...born with?lmao freewill?yes we are born with that Jesus said he could make up his kingdom from the stones...he could save everyone true, from the get go but then whats the point thusfore its our choice and thats why we are born with freewill all the options are on the table this ain't a game ur in control of ur destiny now choose carefully....
19th check:explained in 18th check
20th check:thats just chance lol and this is where faith and the bible comes into play
21st check:lol wow the bible has many authors and also has direct words of God and Jesus...thus i said blessed is them that believe without seeing
that takes faith
22nd check: oh wow...circumstance might u believe in that word? as for doctrines u might wanna study king james more before making assumptions, true theres alot of different bibles and watered-down versions and true it does talk about adding to and taking away from the Word of God..
23rd check:do not bother wow u dunno the comforter aka the spirit do u now?thus freewill factor yet again...its said everyone will know about God its up to them to choose to truly know him or blow it off...
24th check:rofl thats funny wtf church u go to any with any kind or spritual ppl?as far as allow ppl to suffer tormant i'm still laughing thats ur choice freewill factor yet again saying that i'll say this blame urself u know how and where to find God...don't be stupid...
25th check:Hahaha plan?if its ur life thats a plan ok...praise to God certainly those that believe will praise God besides he saved us from hell not to mention all the situ's and life problems he's helped us with and through and giving his son to die to allow us a oppurtunity to even get saved damn right i'll praise God...

this is crap blantly posted all one sided attack with no argue from another prospective and over and over forgets this is about freewill...
skims through bible texts and presents God in olden times forgetting now he's on his mercy seat and most better be glad of that...God in those days was a vengeful God can u blame him...his plan was 1 in his image and a mate and animals and fruit and a nice life but that all changed when they eat of the fruit of knowledge and knew right from wrong....take into account this is when satan was on the earth cast out so yes god was vengeful in these times cuz his ppl merely did not serve him that which he made...and was going to serve idols and pagons and satan and not the creator so yes he was not happy at all with humans decisions...understand it as if u was a parent and ur child went against u and rebelled the same child u raised and worked making money for and providing for and the child tears ur heart out...
funny he don't talk too much about Jesus what bad can he say hahaha

note this is my point of view from a christains basis....

TiĐĐuS 130 nin/130war/137 tro 357 potency

+12 Poison Blade sdg/sdg -7
+12 Blade sdg/sdg -7
+12 Armor sdg/sdg -7
+12 Atk Ring sdg/sdg -7
+12 Necky sdg/sdg -7
+12 Ears sdg/sdg -7
+12 Boots sdg/sdg -5
BronzePrize
DevineRobe/GoodLuck Garm -1
+12 Fan stg/stg -1
+12 Tower sgg/sgg -1
+8 Steed
+12 Coro

DragonSoul Armor,Ring,Cap Permed Hammers waiting

Pro Fber/SSer

Last edited by TidduS; 10-08-2009 at 10:56.
Old 10-08-2009, 13:33   #2
DarkPee
ᶤ ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ

DarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPee has a reputation beyond repute
Your point isssss..... ?

Tro Gears:

Super +5 Sdg/Sdg Coronet
Super +5 Sdg/Sdg Necklace
Super +4 Sdg/Sdg HeavyRing
Super +4 Sdg/Sdg Club
Super +8 -1 Sdg/Sdg Blade
Super +5 Sdg/Sdg Armour
Super +4 -1 Sdg Boots
Super +5 Rtg Fan
Super +6 -1 Rgg/Rgg Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsonAGAIN View Post
One thing i've learnt about women is...Never underestimate their love for hair products and makeup.

To them it's like a God.
Old 10-08-2009, 14:15   #3
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPee View Post
Your point isssss..... ?
Someone posted that video and it began with "To my Christian friend". I'm assuming the person that made it wanted a reply. So.......ta da
Or something along those lines.
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.

Last edited by Lotak; 10-08-2009 at 14:17.
Old 10-08-2009, 14:56   #4
Deveno

Deveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond repute
The is an apparent paradox between us having free will, and God being omniscient. Poeple resolve this in various ways:

1. We don't actually have free will, our choices are determined by cause-and-effect, and instincts (aka Determinism, Fatalism, and Behavioralism....we choose things to make us happy, that we are pre-progammed to desire higher serotonin levels in our brain). The appearance of free will is an illusion, reinforced by linguistic convention.
2. God isn't actually omniscient, He has set in motion a chain of events the outcome of which is unknown. Note that people who don't believe in God, usually default to this option, but sometimes to #1, or #3.
3. We don't know enough about God to resolve this apparent paradox. This is the usual choice favored by believers. This is basically God's reply to Job.

Humanity's gods (note the plural) are oddly human in character...odd for a being able to create a universe. Perhaps our being human in and of itself distorts any possible divine interaction (if you believe such a thing does occur) making us misrepresent any occurence of same. Yeah, that goes for "scribes" too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFerran View Post
Deveno: devourer of souls and threads.
deputy director of mod intelligence services

Got a question? Message me here.
Old 10-08-2009, 18:24   #5
Killa101
~killa101

Killa101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond reputeKilla101 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TidduS View Post

2nd check: umm sure lucifer was created by God but not with the intent he would betray or make one to suffer so on and so forth, he was a arch angel who had his own views and wanted to be God thusfore casted out keep this in mind
3rd check:Hell is lucifers kingdom inwhich he created, allowing him to have or do so is with freewill he allows us to sin,kill,so on and so forth,overiding it sure would be great as would over-riding us killing and sinning...like he said it will come into play later..
4th check:well theres not much to say there other than whats right and whats wrong which is based on ones self moreso than God saying its right or wrong
5th check:followers of God wrote this and if u'd read and maybe understand what was meant by it,he bluntly accuses w/o letting the intent of the writer be known as paul wrote about the women he said clearly "But I suffer not a woman to teach,nor usurp authority over man"did u miss the I....
6th check:is an ignorant attack as noone knows what each part of the body does for us...and him only giving the bad things y not list parts of the body like the heart or lungs or brain for that matter...oh we know what they do right.....
7th & 8th check:ummm tree of knowledge and like he said...u will die if u eat meaning u will know sin therefore u will die from ur sins,he did not mean he'd kill him,u see adam and eve knew not sin if u read a lil into genesis...
so they was perfect not subject to death or a sinful life until they eat and knew sin...the snake hah was lucifer himself....as far as after eating the fruit was a violation lmao ...they then knew right from wrong so ofcourse they knew it was sin why then did they hide from God let alone their own nakedness
9th check:umm they reason that was done was not the will of God but freewill of human nature....start with a clean slate lol we all are and can live a sinless life(which would be next to impossible giving the temptations of the world)furthermore that was punishment...
10th check:lmao well for one we are spared from hell...being saved is what Jesus died for....clueless much?and as for not believing, ur punishment is hell why should u be with God?and since u don't believe in God guess what u believe in satan,allow me to elaborate...u have done nothing of Gods rules or will, thus sinned w/o paying mind thus playing a pawn for others to possibly follow all in the plan of satan himself whom has convinced u to do so.. thusfore u shall be with ur god "satan" forever and umm judgement to him is well suffering and torment from God himself for what he is doing so guess what u will suffer with ur god "satan"....
11th check:umm God if u'd read was a stirn God and would punish the wicked which by this time "Noah's Ark" was almost everyone and God was pretty sick of it nonetheless...so yeah
12th check:umm lol God knows all and gives us a choice aka freewill in which path we will choose...so its up to us what or how we live our life in other words shorten or forlong ur days...
14th check:sacrifices at this time was to get forgiveness for sins if i remember correctly a year so at that time it was not quite senseless...
15th check:lmao.... for a non believer he talks a good talk ok umm here God was the ruler in that day in time and did miracles for the faithful,then came Jesus who inwhich did the same at his time then they resided in heaven while us humans was manafested such knowledge, Jesus said and gave the promise he will not come back to earth, but to get us...that being said they await in heaven atm hoping some will get saved in this day in time...Jesus said he will send his comforter so if u wanna see miracles witness ppl being saved...if u think we have any faith as they had in God or Jesus then u'd actually see alot of miracles but i guess ppl praying to God in life threatening situations and result in safety or living ain't miracle enough huh?
17th check:lol Jesus said i and my father are one true, dig deep for the meaning its not literal...he also said noone but the Father knows when i'm coming back to earth odd....
18th check:umm freewill again it was the will of the ppl to attack,hurt,beat Jesus as he said God could send 10,000 angels and this would be over but it was for a purpose as he blantly said to grant us immunity from hell...born with?lmao freewill?yes we are born with that Jesus said he could make up his kingdom from the stones...he could save everyone true, from the get go but then whats the point thusfore its our choice and thats why we are born with freewill all the options are on the table this ain't a game ur in control of ur destiny now choose carefully....
20th check:thats just chance lol and this is where faith and the bible comes into play
21st check:lol wow the bible has many authors and also has direct words of God and Jesus...thus i said blessed is them that believe without seeing
that takes faith
22nd check: oh wow...circumstance might u believe in that word? as for doctrines u might wanna study king james more before making assumptions, true theres alot of different bibles and watered-down versions and true it does talk about adding to and taking away from the Word of God..
23rd check:do not bother wow u dunno the comforter aka the spirit do u now?thus freewill factor yet again...its said everyone will know about God its up to them to choose to truly know him or blow it off...
24th check:rofl thats funny wtf church u go to any with any kind or spritual ppl?as far as allow ppl to suffer tormant i'm still laughing thats ur choice freewill factor yet again saying that i'll say this blame urself u know how and where to find God...don't be stupid...
25th check:Hahaha plan?if its ur life thats a plan ok...praise to God certainly those that believe will praise God besides he saved us from hell not to mention all the situ's and life problems he's helped us with and through and giving his son to die to allow us a oppurtunity to even get saved damn right i'll praise God...

this is crap blantly posted all one sided attack with no argue from another prospective and over and over forgets this is about freewill...
skims through bible texts and presents God in olden times forgetting now he's on his mercy seat and most better be glad of that...God in those days was a vengeful God can u blame him...his plan was 1 in his image and a mate and animals and fruit and a nice life but that all changed when they eat of the fruit of knowledge and knew right from wrong....take into account this is when satan was on the earth cast out so yes god was vengeful in these times cuz his ppl merely did not serve him that which he made...and was going to serve idols and pagons and satan and not the creator so yes he was not happy at all with humans decisions...understand it as if u was a parent and ur child went against u and rebelled the same child u raised and worked making money for and providing for and the child tears ur heart out...

i read the first and last sentence. too much goddamn writing...
Old 10-08-2009, 18:37   #6
snp|revenge
Banned

snp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to snp|revenge Send a message via Skype™ to snp|revenge
Quote:

that takes faith

God is omniscient. He knew that ALL this was going to happen, yet he let it.

I don't see how anything you have to say can prove that video wrong. After all, God LET that video be made.

(to be honest, I quit reading after the third check)
Old 10-08-2009, 18:38   #7
snp|revenge
Banned

snp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond reputesnp|revenge has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa101 View Post
i read the first and last sentence. too much goddamn writing...
I don't mind too much writing. I do mind when I can't tell where one sentence ends and another begins. It was really worthless to waste my time reading it.

Not that you care.
Old 10-08-2009, 18:44   #8
heavens_fury
Banned

heavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond repute
sorry josh i can't even read that way too much writing in the one go x.x
Old 10-08-2009, 19:00   #9
snp|revenge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveno View Post
The is an apparent paradox between us having free will, and God being omniscient. Poeple resolve this in various ways:

1. We don't actually have free will, our choices are determined by cause-and-effect, and instincts (aka Determinism, Fatalism, and Behavioralism....we choose things to make us happy, that we are pre-progammed to desire higher serotonin levels in our brain). The appearance of free will is an illusion, reinforced by linguistic convention.

No. We have free will. Our choices ARE our free will. We can choose option A and live with the consequences or option B and live with the consequences. Just because it's cause-and-effect doesn't really mean it's not free will. It just means we're responsible for our actions. Instincts are a mute point. Humans have a higher level cognitive function and are able to over-ride them. Humans don't desire higher levels of serotonin. Maybe you should learn about what you're commenting on before actually commenting on it? If anything, humans want to increase their endorphin count, though I'm against that as well.

2. God isn't actually omniscient, He has set in motion a chain of events the outcome of which is unknown. Note that people who don't believe in God, usually default to this option, but sometimes to #1, or #3.

He is omniscient. The Bible says so. To begin disproving the Bible by starting with that is illogical. It's really insignificant in comparison with other more obvious fallacies. If anything, you're human which makes you unable to equal his omniscience and see the outcome. You're basing your view on ignorance (in comparison to God) and a false belief that you can even begin to assume you know what he's planning. Also, don't include logical fallacies in what you say, as your last sentence practically epitomizes even though it's vague as hell.

3. We don't know enough about God to resolve this apparent paradox. This is the usual choice favored by believers. This is basically God's reply to Job.

We know practically nothing about God. Good job stating the complete obvious with more incorrect garbage following it.

Humanity's gods (note the plural) are oddly human in character...odd for a being able to create a universe. Perhaps our being human in and of itself distorts any possible divine interaction (if you believe such a thing does occur) making us misrepresent any occurence of same. Yeah, that goes for
"scribes" too.

Plural noted. I'm so glad you put that in, or I may have just missed it. Of course they're human in character. God made humans in the image of himself. As for being human prevents divine interaction, that would completely go against everything Jesus stood for. Your last sentence is misplaced.
Fail.
Old 10-08-2009, 19:10   #10
Sub~Zero420
Banned

Sub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond reputeSub~Zero420 has a reputation beyond repute
You all get way to serious about something that doesnt even exist and that would be there is NO God or anything else..... saying that now lets see what Afrika Bambaataa has to say about it all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BgxW57nDO8

P.S.: I Love Pies!!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 21:16   #11
Lu!S
HellRaiser

Lu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

that takes faith

Lucifer > God
I'm a name my first child Lucifer to piss off the christans
[Whisper]TroJans4LiFe speaks to Prince-Junior:your the new puff-daddy you speed hack and aimbot[15:30]

***1758;†~Ozzy Osbourne The Prince Of Darkness~†***1758;
Long live the prince.

Make a Joke and I will sigh,and you will laugh,and i will cry,Happiness I cannot feel like love to me is so unreal.
So i tell you to enjoy life I wish I could...but its to late
Old 10-08-2009, 21:17   #12
snp|revenge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu!S View Post
Lucifer > God
I'm a name my first child Lucifer to piss off the christans
Why Lucifer? Name it Damien.
Old 10-08-2009, 21:19   #13
Lu!S
HellRaiser

Lu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond reputeLu!S has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by snp|revenge View Post
Why Lucifer? Name it Damien.
Damien is a commonish name...hmmm nah I like Lucifer better
[Whisper]TroJans4LiFe speaks to Prince-Junior:your the new puff-daddy you speed hack and aimbot[15:30]

***1758;†~Ozzy Osbourne The Prince Of Darkness~†***1758;
Long live the prince.

Make a Joke and I will sigh,and you will laugh,and i will cry,Happiness I cannot feel like love to me is so unreal.
So i tell you to enjoy life I wish I could...but its to late
Old 10-08-2009, 21:22   #14
snp|revenge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu!S View Post
Damien is a commonish name...hmmm nah I like Lucifer better
It's so cliché, but alright.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:51   #15
Deveno

Deveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by snp|revenge

No. We have free will. Our choices ARE our free will. We can choose option A and live with the consequences or option B and live with the consequences. Just because it's cause-and-effect doesn't really mean it's not free will. It just means we're responsible for our actions. Instincts are a mute point. Humans have a higher level cognitive function and are able to over-ride them. Humans don't desire higher levels of serotonin. Maybe you should learn about what you're commenting on before actually commenting on it? If anything, humans want to increase their endorphin count, though I'm against that as well.

No, I meant serotonin. Endorphins are opiods, not neurotransmitters, and alter moods rather than regulate them. It's not my theory, anyway. It's odd you place this response here, because I am not claiming people do not have free will. I am stating some people believe we don't have free will, that it is an illusion. Our choices are the sum total of conditioning and/or a desire for happiness, and could be predicted accurately given enough information. Personally, I do not believe this, but some people do.

He is omniscient. The Bible says so. To begin disproving the Bible by starting with that is illogical. It's really insignificant in comparison with other more obvious fallacies. If anything, you're human which makes you unable to equal his omniscience and see the outcome. You're basing your view on ignorance (in comparison to God) and a false belief that you can even begin to assume you know what he's planning. Also, don't include logical fallacies in what you say, as your last sentence practically epitomizes even though it's vague as hell.

I do not believe I mentioned I was trying to disprove the Bible anywhere. Nor do I claim that this is my view (although you may be guessing that). As far as logical fallacies go, I fail to see how regarding the question of God's omniscience as irrelevant because there is no God, represents a logical fallcy. The metastatement: (false statement) implies (any statement), is logically true.

We know practically nothing about God. Good job stating the complete obvious with more incorrect garbage following it.

Saying we know practically nothing about God, makes the assumption you have some idea on how much there is to know. You might as well have said we know practically nothing about electricity. Could be true from the vantage point of someone centuries in the future, clearly not true from the vantage of someone centuries in the past. Your paraphrase of my words is inaccurate. Some reigious traditions claim to know a great deal about God, so much so, that their scriptures are deemed to be valid, forever (quite a long time, and a rather bold statement of confidence in one's knowledge).

Plural noted. I'm so glad you put that in, or I may have just missed it. Of course they're human in character. God made humans in the image of himself. As for being human prevents divine interaction, that would completely go against everything Jesus stood for. Your last sentence is misplaced.

Not all gods of all religious traditions are so human in nature. The Mayans come to mind. I did not say that being human prevents divine interaction, I suggested it could distort it. Let's say God spoke to you. Would it be in English? Well, maybe it would, since being omniscient, he obviously knows everything. Is it a British accent, or American...perhaps a southern drawl, or maybe Brooklyn? Would you hear words, or would it be entire thoughts? Actual thoughts originating in your brain, or foreign thoughts? It has been shown, over and over again, that we can see what isn't there, and even be convinced we remember events that never occured. I'm not sure why you bring up Jesus, it seems extraneous.
The video referred to in the first post of this thread mocks Christianity by re-stating what "God's Plan" entails, stressing that we (humanity) are judged by decisions God already knows we are going to make. If God already knows our answer, why is He asking the question? Furthermore, why do we believe the consequences are important, and dependent on our choice, when they already are determined (since God already knows them)? Saying God already knows everything relieves/robs us of individual accountability, the outcome is already known. The fact that WE don't know it may matter to us, why does it matter to God?

I find it ironic that you express endorsement of the video, and yet you feel compelled to argue against it here (i.e. using Christian logic to discredit what my statements are):

He is omniscient. The Bible says so.

And here:

God made humans in the image of himself.

And again here:

As for being human prevents divine interaction, that would completely go against everything Jesus stood for.

It appears you just like to piss people off, rather than actually engage in intelligent discussion, and end with the equivalent of "I'm right, because you're stupid" dressed up in fancier language. Might work on the kids, I am not impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFerran View Post
Deveno: devourer of souls and threads.
deputy director of mod intelligence services

Got a question? Message me here.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: