Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:13   #2116
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
I've never heard about Megamind. I should check it out.

Yeah, I knew that normally those that hire want your skills so they could profit off them. But in Romania, something awkward happens: They want YOU and cannot care less about your skills. But if you do not have the aspect they are looking for, or you are not someone of a friend of theirs, they don't care about your skills. And this not for animation but for about anything else around here.
I mean COME ON! Secretary must be seductive? What the heck. No "?", just "."
From what I know, secretary = person that sits their lazy ass there and inputs incomers' info, or stores information about items in a database.
If we had an actual running animation industry and they'd be hiring only hotties as animators, I'd laugh my ass off.

Funny thing about jobs in 3D animation domain here:
1) They all want Maya.
2) You need a Maya diploma. But Romania only offers 3ds Max diplomas / schools.
3) You only get to work for their commercials or do stupid logos for companies. -.-
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56   #2117
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Tiny project I might start working on...
I've seen an interesting fish in my dream, which had scales and fins that reflected off different colors, yellow-green-blue-indigo. I already own some swordtails that have those scales. But their fins are orange or yellow.
This fish looked like a mix of betta fish and swordtails.
So when I was looking at that strange fish in my dream, I said I should sketch it as soon as I wake up. So I did. And then photographed it but it looked kind of blurry.
With a bit of editing, I've made it look close to what the dream fish looked like.

And next phase will be doing this in Maya. Going to have to look up either prisms or how to create reflected light that changes depending on angle... Is that even possible in 3D software? Though I do remember a shader that appears once it is exposed to light and disappears when not exposed to light... This could help with the different angle reflections and color changes.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 04-22-2013, 12:39   #2118
DETONATOAREA
Female

I'm on a quest... to simulate a fish tank lol!
Fluid particles just can't sit still properly for that calm line at the surface...
I was like: FUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Whaaaaaaa?! Your princess is in another castle.

This isn't doing it...

Maaaaaaaaan I left the water running!

So, I've decided to just simulate the calm water using glass sheets / glass facets with a water shader. I just need to paint the glass' edges a dark-green to stop the unnecessary transparency/refraction of the corners.

My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 04-22-2013 at 13:48.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:35   #2119
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful fish DETO (the real ones lol). Nice workaround to replace the simulated water.

www.3dkiwi.webs.com/images/Untitled2.gif

Last edited by Kuroooo~; 04-24-2013 at 06:38.
Kuroooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55   #2120
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroooo~ View Post
beautiful fish DETO (the real ones lol). Nice workaround to replace the simulated water.
Thanks. Most of them are girls, except for a male, and the hoplo catfish is also a male.

I'm still testing using spheres to see how the refractions are going. What bugs me is that once I add a spotlight, it screws everything up. I will have to figure out how to use the sun-style lights (which don't seem to be working too well) to shine towards the tank from its front, while not allowing light to reflect where the camera is looking.
I will put the 3D model of that drawn fish in the tank and make use of the light angle to make its scales change colors.
The music for the 3D fish video is finished, in 2 versions (one will be used for the normal view vid, and other for the anaglyph 3D view video, since I plan on testing the stereoscopic camera and I have 3D glasses).
version 1
version 2
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 04-24-2013 at 07:02.
Old 05-01-2013, 17:44   #2121
DETONATOAREA
Female

Gavin looks awesome! Is he a halfmoon?

At first I thought you meant Pong the game, but then noticed the h and googled. Then I saw what Phong meant. X)) Phong looks shiny!
Oh yeah, I also remember Maya having Phong shader.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 05-02-2013, 13:10   #2122
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
Yessss, Gavin is a halfmoon! He loves the silk plants. He darts in and out of them and sleeps in them.

Yea, Maya does have a Phong shader, but I was naming him after Phong. I really like his character
Phong didn't look so shiny when I went to take a picture of him, but the camera really captured the shine! I had to move out of the way because it actually got a pretty good reflection of me at first.
They had halfmoon bettas on sale and I'd get one if I had a tank with a heater. I have a filter but cannot place a heater in there because the catfish always drops it or it could destroy my plants...
I'm also scared to not have the same incident with betta picking on the hoplo or other fish, the 4 I had when I was a kid teamed up and killed zebra danios (and ate their eyes) and destroyed the dorsal fin of a hoplo. The guppy tails were destroyed too...

Oh, lol. A Reboot character. X)) And is Gavin also named from one of them?
Who is The Brain then? Another Reboot char? (makes me think of Brain from Pinky and The Brain)
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 05-03-2013, 09:57   #2123
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoke View Post
Gavin made a bubble nest yesterday!!! Yea, bettas are bullies and don't get along well with fish in a community tank. A mild mannered one could, but most are pretty aggressive. Poor fish though. :C

Gavin is from ReBoot as well. . Hahaha. xD You nailed Brain though. He was named after Brain from Pinky and the Brain. I named his external hard drive Pinky. :>
I've also had 1 humongous betta for a few days after my friend gave me the whole tank (the 16 gallon one from 1997)... it was the first to die.
Then the quartet of tiny bettas started the hunt. Then I've separated them into this huge bowl with what was probably the weirdest filter i've ever seen (a round sponge around a tube). They didn't kill each other, but I've killed them off due to not paying attention to what I've fed them and out of revenge when I've poured hot water over the remaining 2... though that pair once tried to spawn, but the eggs didn't hatch.

They probably were siblings so they didn't get territorial with each other because of that.

Lol, sometimes, I thought Pinky was much smarter than Brain, and Brain was just mad. (even the song says "One is a genius, the other's insane", but the song also lists Pinky first... O.o)
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 05-03-2013 at 12:44.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21   #2124
DETONATOAREA
Female

Yesterday and today were pretty sad days for me. My turtle died yesterday. Had to bury her today. -.- She was about 27-28 years old (spent 12-13 with me, 15 with the seller).
Found her dead stiff at 12 AM, though several hours before that she was sniffing her food (haggis that she got every Easter). She only ate haggis 1 day before her death though, and refused it a 2nd time but was sniffing it.
Probably was too rough on her liver. -_- RIP Blasty.

In before trolls attacking this post.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 05-10-2013, 02:16   #2125
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
r.i.p cute turtle. Was she old in turtle years?

www.3dkiwi.webs.com/images/Untitled2.gif
Kuroooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2013, 04:02   #2126
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroooo~ View Post
r.i.p cute turtle. Was she old in turtle years?
Not old enough, she should have lived 40-60 years, so she was only a bit past half of her min lifespan, and a bit under half her max.
I bet that if someone digs up her grave, they'll find her just the way I've put her in there, because of all the industrial chicken I've fed her. It's already happening with humans, lol. They look mummified when they dig them out.

If only my dad wouldn't have blackmailed me into spending money away on food every time I've had it, could have bought her an even bigger plastic pool and a filter (though then my mom would probably complain about that, but it would have fixed the need for so many daily water changes).
And just my luck is that Blasty died just as I've sent some money to my card and was waiting to pick it up in a few days. -.- Never even got to upgrade her pool...
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41   #2127
Vondaha

Vondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond repute
Aw D: Don't blame yourself about what happened. I think Blasty was wonderfully lucky to have you! Cause I had turtles too when I was small but I was probably the worst turtle owner ever. I wasn't even old enough to think of naming them and I didn't know how to take care of them either. I kept taking them out of their pen and petting them like cats but now thinking about it, I don't think they would've liked that too much D:
Vondaha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53   #2128
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondaha View Post
Aw D: Don't blame yourself about what happened. I think Blasty was wonderfully lucky to have you! Cause I had turtles too when I was small but I was probably the worst turtle owner ever. I wasn't even old enough to think of naming them and I didn't know how to take care of them either. I kept taking them out of their pen and petting them like cats but now thinking about it, I don't think they would've liked that too much D:
Well, as a kid, I did get 2 turtles from a family friend, they were already sick though so they didn't live longer than 2 months.

This one lived 12-13 years with me, and had an awesome personality, so it made it all the more heartbreaking when she died.
She was like a cat, would actually like being petted but especially being tickled under the neck. She knew the difference between food and finger.
I almost always hand-fed her, but also she could find food on a plate and drag it to her pool. She also had some rocks as stairs so she could hop in her pool by herself.

The pool was a plastic tub actually, with water just enough to cover her, but she grew so big that it no longer covered her top of the shell. That's why I was planning on buying her a new one. She did have an even bigger one but my mom somehow managed to break it... with her butt (l I had to place the plastic tub over my chair during spring cleaning and mom was vacuuming the house, and backed into it...).

But during those 12 years, I've had plenty of memories of spending time with Blasty. We used to watch TV together (for some reason some shows such as Married With Children got her attention lol), take baths together (she had her own tub, but we both took baths in the bathroom), share the chicken or fish, and every Easter meal that was made of lamb. Also the times when she slept under my pillow in the mornings when she'd come up to my bed, asking to be picked up. She hasn't done that during the last 3 years though...

She also used to spend her time with my last cat when he was sick, and she used to sleep on all my cats (she has met all 3 of them).

My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 05-10-2013 at 07:04.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20   #2129
Vondaha

Vondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond repute
Omg awwwww!!! It's so cute!!! And it's huge o.o I love how your turtle isn't afraid of your cat and your cat doesn't attack it XD

Well I went and made a little picture.. I'm not artistic at all <_< But I hope you'll feel better. I know how hard it is cause my dog was hit by a car last year and died... T____________T
Attached Images
File Type: psd turtle.psd (125.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22   #2130
Vondaha

Ahhh I uploaded the psd version instead of jpeg >>> this one's the right one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-05-10 at 10.20.17 PM.png
Views:	30
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	148780  

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: