View Poll Results: Would you be up for a small subscription fee each month if it meant getting the REAL classic conquer
Yes 28 77.78%
No 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2012, 10:59   #1
radiojoe
Top Mook

radiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to radiojoe
Question Would people pay a monthly subscription to have the "Real" Conquer 1.0 back?

I'm just curious overall if people would be up for this.

I would totally be down with some sort of monthly subscription fee that's like ~5$ or something small. TQ could still sell DBs the way they used to do and i feel like it would totally be worth it for them.

Not like it will actually happen but it's just something for TQ to think about.

I've searched long and hard, trying to find a game that even closely resembles what the REAL classic conquer was like... mining, hunting mets and +1's, being great with only a few sockets... etc. and there's honestly NOTHING OUT THERE EVEN CLOSE.

It was honestly an amazing game and i know i speak for a ton of people when i say that the lottery/item mall/socket making/battle power ruined a great thing.

Like i mentioned before, i'm sure that it will never come back and that's totally sad, but i am just curious as to what people think about this idea.

I just miss the REAL conquer

Libra (Retired)
*YourBoyShwoog [126>>130>>130 pure tro]
*YourGirlShwoog [80 stigger]

Twin^City(inc) Guild Leader
radiojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2012, 13:44   #2
mistressyesumes
Knightmare

mistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Idk depends on drop rate of DBs since that's what you'd be hoping for to get gear.

1 DB every 30,000 monsters I'd do it, from what I know DBs were worth like 60kk cause cps didn't exist.

Also gotta remember there was no events to get money back then so you hunted ****, thought everyone would always go to dis as it has high drop rates.

I'd really not wanna have to work hard to make a character half as good as my current one I've spent 3 years making, even if that character would be one of the top players.

Also was bulking allowed then? Would it be allowed here? If there are DB buyers I'd say no as well being that you could spend a week working your ass off to get what 1 person bought with 15 dollars, and it still would not be much.
Guild:|Pur3BlooD|
Guild Position:Deputy Leader
Battle Power:300
Bless:28%
My Anime List

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer6 View Post
stoped reading there, as full +12 ninja, i was hit 25k by a nado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ
We listen but we don't care.
Change arena point system
Give Longhammers, and Hammers a new skill
mistressyesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2012, 14:04   #3
radiojoe
Top Mook

radiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond reputeradiojoe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to radiojoe
bulking was allowed back then. DBs sold for ~5-6 mil. +1's were anywhere from 300k-3 mil depending on what it was. obviously it would take a while for a server to get up and running and develop market value for things, but that's the fun in it all.

Hunting used to matter because like you're saying, that was the only way to get gold. Now there's no reason to hunt or do anything.

Sockets in non weapons used to be a huge deal. If you got lucky and made one it was a game changer. Now they pop out of the lotto every other minute.

it didnt matter in the past if someone spent a bunch of money on DBs because you didn't have to be full 2 soc super +6 just to be good. Some with super 2 soc weaps and another soc or 2 somewhere else with refined dragon gems would be able to 2-3 hit some of the best geared trojans with FB/SS.

The game was much more balanced back then. It was so great.

Libra (Retired)
*YourBoyShwoog [126>>130>>130 pure tro]
*YourGirlShwoog [80 stigger]

Twin^City(inc) Guild Leader

Last edited by radiojoe; 01-28-2012 at 14:08.
radiojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2012, 17:55   #4
Linxx
Lin Wang

Linxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond repute
I MIGHT consider paying if i could actually copy my characters the way they were when they implemented CO 2.0, but going through through the painfully long tao leveling just scares me away.

Getting that "starter" gear like a proper weapon took way too long. Although i must say, in roughly a year of old co got quite a bit of dbs from random drops.
Didn't get or see a single one since CO 2 was launched.
Old 01-28-2012, 19:22   #5
RicoSuave6

RicoSuave6 is on a distinguished road
omg that be awesome

I remembered when I first started CO and dbs went for 4mil in Sunshine. Then once the lotto and cps came out...
RicoSuave6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2012, 18:41   #6
Spank 2.0

Spank 2.0 is on a distinguished road
with out a doubt i would play and all the grinding is what made the game what it was so
Old 01-31-2012, 19:01   #7
spank

spank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond repute
<----- look at thatsexy mofo right there got my original login back !!! woot woot but like a said before sure would pay all about makeing your char not buying it baby
spank is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2012, 11:19   #8
NecroMance
Banned

NecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond repute
charge monthly fee. Bring old drop rates back. Allow Water Farming. Don't allow purchasing of DBs at all. Make monthly fee somewhere between 20-30 USD. Would be fun imo.
NecroMance is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2012, 23:35   #9
Moses Warburg

Moses Warburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiojoe View Post
bulking was allowed back then. DBs sold for ~5-6 mil. +1's were anywhere from 300k-3 mil depending on what it was. obviously it would take a while for a server to get up and running and develop market value for things, but that's the fun in it all.

Hunting used to matter because like you're saying, that was the only way to get gold. Now there's no reason to hunt or do anything.

Sockets in non weapons used to be a huge deal. If you got lucky and made one it was a game changer. Now they pop out of the lotto every other minute.

it didnt matter in the past if someone spent a bunch of money on DBs because you didn't have to be full 2 soc super +6 just to be good. Some with super 2 soc weaps and another soc or 2 somewhere else with refined dragon gems would be able to 2-3 hit some of the best geared trojans with FB/SS.

I agree with you on all points. I would 100% pay monthly for Conquer Online if it were changed back to the way it was in the old days, as described above, where everybody knew everybody, and you worked for respect.

Last edited by Moses Warburg; 03-01-2012 at 23:38.
Moses Warburg is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03   #10
neber120
+Neber+

neber120 is on a distinguished road
Ya i would love to have old co back more balanced and people had more skills and respect back then
neber120 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2012, 01:15   #11
~Rais†lin~
Shirkimuan

~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute~Rais†lin~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiojoe View Post

lmfao i know you didnt play co 1 dbs werent 6 mil until wayyy later

Super 2 Soc +11 Cap -7%
Super 2 Soc +11 Necklace -7%
Super 2 Soc +11 Braclets -7%
Super 2 Soc +12 BackSword -7% Mana
Super 2 Soc +11 Gown -7%
Super 2 Soc +11 Boots -7%
Gourd -1%

tort water ftw
~Rais†lin~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2012, 07:07   #12
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rais***8224;lin~ View Post
lmfao i know you didnt play co 1 dbs werent 6 mil until wayyy later
hmmm, Radio Joe's forum date is March 2005.

CO 2.0 arrived November 2005.

My guess was they were 3.5-4 million just before 2.0 came out. Just a guess.

Why get excited if db prices off by a little.. it was 7 years ago. : )

Last edited by Doc.ackerson; 03-20-2012 at 07:15.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52   #13
lillo
Arch/Tro

lillo is an unknown quantity at this point
I would pay a monthly fee to have conquer exacly how it was the day 2.0 was released.
Old 04-07-2012, 23:25   #14
Micdeath

Micdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post
Why get excited if db prices off by a little.. it was 7 years ago. : )
Because you never forget the prices.
Micdeath is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2012, 05:42   #15
Song_2_16
Perma-Noob

Song_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by neber120 View Post
Ya i would love to have old co back more balanced and people had more skills and respect back then
No matter what TQ does with this game, we can never bring this back. The player base has already been polluted.

If...(and this is a huge "IF") TQ could bring back the game the way it used to be, our family would most likely join in. Because now...even though you can "play for free", there really is nothing even if you pay to play. Somewhere along the line, the developers forgot that the whole point of playing a game is to actually PLAY ;p

100% Water, made the hard way...got my pure skill and loved it a bunch. Had a great time with all my guild and friends in game. Thanks for the memories guys Diva out

"Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it" -- Kermit the Frog, as Bob Cratchit. A Muppet Christmas Carol, 1992

Each day....work a little...play a little...laugh a little...pray a little....love alot

Last edited by Song_2_16; 04-10-2012 at 05:52. Reason: added that I would pay for old CO
Song_2_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: