Old 04-05-2015, 23:50   #1
FiascoJackson

FiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond repute
Support Monk

Since DW is buggy and expensive, I thought I might get (semi-support) support monk a go.

I was thinking +12 Ph7 shield level 70 on main gears, +12 beads on alts. I can't be bothered changing my chi/jiang which is set up for a warrior, lawl. Recommendations pls, eg. how many torts, will I die with my current jiang/chi set up, thus making the switch null and useless. Got like 54k jiang, mostly break, immunity, HP, P-attack. Chi is similar, plus final P-attack. I'm basically asking you, what do I need to do so I don't die and I can keep my chi/jiang because **** changing that. tyty
Old 04-06-2015, 00:12   #2
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiascoJackson View Post
Since DW is buggy and expensive, I thought I might get (semi-support) support monk a go.

I was thinking +12 Ph7 shield level 70 on main gears, +12 beads on alts. I can't be bothered changing my chi/jiang which is set up for a warrior, lawl. Recommendations pls, eg. how many torts, will I die with my current jiang/chi set up, thus making the switch null and useless. Got like 54k jiang, mostly break, immunity, HP, P-attack. Chi is similar, plus final P-attack. I'm basically asking you, what do I need to do so I don't die and I can keep my chi/jiang because **** changing that. tyty
Well the main things for a tank monk are immunity and hp, long as you go for every available source of that you are good. counter is also good but whatever you have now is probably fine (although i would recommend break and p attack so you can switch it back to another melee character if you ever want too). so chi and jiang should be pretty similar, im assuming you know what stages are what. As for tort/gear set up the typical thing to do is 8 torts in main gear. Two in the shield, bead, armor, and headgear. Tank monks dont really need an alt bead set but if you have it i guess put sdgs in it if you ever want to attack (although you will still have four torts so it seems a little useless). if you only put a couple torts in it wont really be worth being a tank monk. If you for some reason decide you really wanna go super tank monk then build it like a water: hp, immunity, counter, -final p dmg. max these out as much as possible and become god tier then laugh at petty kings as they try to kill you when you have 50 percent block and 55k hp and take only 25 percent of dmg normally.

the thing about block, definitely use it on shield. with p7 soul and lv 6 refinery i think you get 36 percent block so thats decent. If you feel like your hp is really good and you want even more block go for a lv 6 block on headgear, that makes your block chance 47 percent so almost half. When block activates-assuming you have 8 torts and max blessing- you will be hit for 12.5 percent of your normal dmg. I.E you are an unkillable bastard so just spam cool as you frustrate endless amounts of kings.

Edit: as rachel pointed out, if you do go full tank then you can put two super kylin gems in the shield and lv 140 it for the extra defense and hp. Then just put two torts in boots or w.e
Edit #2: I forgot to mention this but if you go full tank monk don't waste points in agility, just to be able to use 1 bead with your shield. Or you can just use a lv 70 bead and put all points into vitality. Up to you

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.

Last edited by HEARMERAWR!!; 04-08-2015 at 11:47.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2015, 02:07   #3
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEARMERAWR!! View Post
Well the main things for a tank monk are immunity and hp, long as you go for every available source of that you are good. counter is also good but whatever you have now is probably fine (although i would recommend break and p attack so you can switch it back to another melee character if you ever want too). so chi and jiang should be pretty similar, im assuming you know what stages are what. As for tort/gear set up the typical thing to do is 8 torts in main gear. Two in the shield, bead, armor, and headgear. Tank monks dont really need an alt bead set but if you have it i guess put sdgs in it if you ever want to attack (although you will still have four torts so it seems a little useless). if you only put a couple torts in it wont really be worth being a tank monk. If you for some reason decide you really wanna go super tank monk then build it like a water: hp, immunity, counter, -final p dmg. max these out as much as possible and become god tier then laugh at petty kings as they try to kill you when you have 50 percent block and 55k hp and take only 25 percent of dmg normally.

the thing about block, definitely use it on shield. with p7 soul and lv 6 refinery i think you get 36 percent block so thats decent. If you feel like your hp is really good and you want even more block go for a lv 6 block on headgear, that makes your block chance 47 percent so almost half. When block activates-assuming you have 8 torts and max blessing- you will be hit for 12.5 percent of your normal dmg. I.E you are an unkillable bastard so just spam cool as you frustrate endless amounts of kings.
Agree with all of the above.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:53   #4
FiascoJackson

FiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

This is everything I needed, added to your rep. Thanks man!
Old 04-06-2015, 13:41   #5
tactics

tactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

whats buggy about DW and yea very expensive
Server WildSwan
Deadly Sins Water - Warrior - Tro 130
Server SnowWhite
inmus Ninja - Ninja - Ninja - monk - monk - monk 137
Server Mercury
xxxx Water - Warrior - Tro 140
tactics is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2015, 15:14   #6
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is everything I needed, added to your rep. Thanks man!
no problem, glad it helped. Let me know how it goes in a couple months when your in full swing.

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2015, 19:27   #7
witchi
O.N.I.F.C

witchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond reputewitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactics View Post
whats buggy about DW and yea very expensive
I've noticed sometimes that dragon slash misses completely after airsweep. The person is legit stuck in place, 2 dragon slashes missing is absurd
It kinda does the same thing fb/ss does when it misses sometimes at angled shots, but seems to happen more on the DW. It gets annoying when u need to kill someone say a water at a crucial moment when either both or 1 of the slashes miss before they jump away. Happened to me this past elite pk vs a fire, soon as the match started i air kicked, dragon slashed him 3x, 2 missed, 1 hit. I just said **** it and melee'd him. Another bug that i've seen is while tryn to air kick it doesn't slide at all in the direction u click, it will just kick in place but that's really nothing major, the whole dragon slash missing tho is, since it is the most reliable skill DW has for killing.
AmberRose Lvl140 Wat-tro-War 403bp
whiteychan Lvl 140 Wat-War-Tro 386bp
witchi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2015, 20:38   #8
FiascoJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchi View Post
I've noticed sometimes that dragon slash misses completely after airsweep. The person is legit stuck in place, 2 dragon slashes missing is absurd
It kinda does the same thing fb/ss does when it misses sometimes at angled shots, but seems to happen more on the DW. It gets annoying when u need to kill someone say a water at a crucial moment when either both or 1 of the slashes miss before they jump away. Happened to me this past elite pk vs a fire, soon as the match started i air kicked, dragon slashed him 3x, 2 missed, 1 hit. I just said **** it and melee'd him. Another bug that i've seen is while tryn to air kick it doesn't slide at all in the direction u click, it will just kick in place but that's really nothing major, the whole dragon slash missing tho is, since it is the most reliable skill DW has for killing.
Airkick is the main issue I had. Eg. the arena bug where it hits people viewing the game. I'm not sure about the FB skill, sometimes I think the angle plays a roll, but when I test it, it seems like maybe I just missed. But, the airkick thing grinds my ****ing gears.

And yeah, it would cost be 4 bulks just to play it.
Old 04-06-2015, 21:16   #9
progamer6
The Prog

progamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond reputeprogamer6 has a reputation beyond repute
i run support monk, immune,ca,pattack,hp have both beads and a lvl 70 sheild if i need to just run, hoping when i get chi and jaing done to be 230+ ca and 200+ immune
190+ immune
55k+ hp
much more work to do xD

Last edited by progamer6; 04-06-2015 at 21:28.
progamer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2015, 21:24   #10
tactics

tactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond reputetactics has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
deff never had that problem before wit dragon slash i seem to hit alot wit that skill

Quote:
Airkick is the main issue I had. Eg. the arena bug where it hits people viewing the game. I'm not sure about the FB skill, sometimes I think the angle plays a roll, but when I test it, it seems like maybe I just missed. But, the airkick thing grinds my ****ing gears.

And yeah, it would cost be 4 bulks just to play it.

have yall reported that to gms yet i don't use that skill much the clicking ninjas tent to hit me when they are mid air still so i stay away and use dragon slash
Server WildSwan
Deadly Sins Water - Warrior - Tro 130
Server SnowWhite
inmus Ninja - Ninja - Ninja - monk - monk - monk 137
Server Mercury
xxxx Water - Warrior - Tro 140
tactics is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2015, 06:32   #11
FiascoJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tactics View Post
deff never had that problem before wit dragon slash i seem to hit alot wit that skill

have yall reported that to gms yet i don't use that skill much the clicking ninjas tent to hit me when they are mid air still so i stay away and use dragon slash
Yeah, I've reported it.
Ninjas I just run and spam slash behind me. Ninja's are just OP as **** atm. Landing a melee with my warrior is nearly impossible, the lag from the sTFB and the 5 range is just bull****. I hope warriors get an epic where we can throw our ****ing weapon or get 5 range no stam clicky death skill. Likewise, if monk does not get a bull**** 5 range skill or a beasty triple/wwk upgrade ima' be pissed.

I'm giving up on DW, no one selling gears and the sacrifice to defense is too high. It's god damn fun class though, just way too expensive. Probably explains its little use. Fun, strong but no one is willing to spend the money on it when epics are not all released and each epic takes 6 months to a year.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:23   #12
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah, I've reported it.
Ninjas I just run and spam slash behind me. Ninja's are just OP as **** atm. Landing a melee with my warrior is nearly impossible, the lag from the sTFB and the 5 range is just bull****. I hope warriors get an epic where we can throw our ****ing weapon or get 5 range no stam clicky death skill. Likewise, if monk does not get a bull**** 5 range skill or a beasty triple/wwk upgrade ima' be pissed.

I'm giving up on DW, no one selling gears and the sacrifice to defense is too high. It's god damn fun class though, just way too expensive. Probably explains its little use. Fun, strong but no one is willing to spend the money on it when epics are not all released and each epic takes 6 months to a year.
I think people would go dragonwar if TQ actually increased the chances of an elite +8 coming out of lottery.
Old 04-07-2015, 13:02   #13
I.punch.bishes
Bishes :D

I.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think you're aiming wrong.

Quote:
Yeah, I've reported it.

Dragon Warrior is pretty nice against Ninjas. Get the first hit in and you can follow-up with offensive gameplay.

AHorriblePlayer

Aim not to miss
I.punch.bishes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2015, 16:31   #14
DW2012

DW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
I think people would go dragonwar if TQ actually increased the chances of an elite +8 coming out of lottery.
This guys a troll
DW2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2015, 18:56   #15
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

If you go full support may as well make the shield 140 too.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: