View Poll Results: Do you want all the NPCs from TC moved outside TC?
Yes, I want them moved, they are a BIG problem and very anoying! 61 96.83%
No, I don't want them moved, they are perfect where they are and very useful 1 1.59%
I don't care about TC NPCs! 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2014, 15:56   #1
ElShadai

ElShadai is a jewel in the roughElShadai is a jewel in the roughElShadai is a jewel in the roughElShadai is a jewel in the rough
Petition to move unnecessary NPCs from TC into the event quest area!!!!

Hi.. Recently I found more time to rage an all-out Jiang war in TC, and I caught my self pissing of and breaking my mouse into bits every time I miss-clicked the Voltaic Warg NPC..

Here's a more detailed and vivid representation of what I am saying:

The red area is the area in which you can try and click to jump there, but every time you will get a ****ty window where that crappy NPC (standing there for no ****ing reason) says nothing, and you get the chance to replay: What? You can speak?
If that crappy NPC had an enumerator on it to show how many times it has been clicked, I am sure the number would surpass the amount of clicks all CO players have ever made in their lives, COMBINED!!

So, I am kindly asking, all the CO players to sign this petition so this unnecessary NPC can be moved from TC, along with the companions next to him, to the event area OUTSIDE Twin City.

Other NPCs I would also like to see moved from Twin City, to a more suitable place:

Merchant Pakku
What the Horse
GM
Taoist Yun
Merchant Jessica
Lucky Wheel Envoy
Anniversary Gift Girl
Guild Chief

If you guys think of any others that are really annoying during Jiang fights in TC, feel free to add them in comments, and I will add them to the list above.
Thanks.
Old 05-22-2014, 17:16   #2
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
What about the other 683729 useless, ****ty, annoying NPCs?
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2014, 17:19   #3
hollly

hollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond repute
Better suggestion : disable the activation of a NPC chat menu when they are CTRL clicked. This would mean we could jump and do everything we want without being bothered by these NPCs, meanwhile TQ can put them wherever they want.

But yes this problem's awful.
hollly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2014, 17:21   #4
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
I remember a similar problem with a christmas tree there. TQ and hitboxes aren't exactly a good match.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2014, 17:57   #5
hollly

hollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond repute
My question is : how do iphone players actually play the game.

Really when i play in 800x600 once in a while, i can't cross TC, not even talking about jumping on a roof, without 500 tries.
So add to that the interferences of a touch screen ...
Old 05-22-2014, 18:15   #6
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElShadai View Post
Hi.. Recently I found more time to rage an all-out Jiang war in TC, and I caught my self pissing of and breaking my mouse into bits every time I miss-clicked the Voltaic Warg NPC..

Here's a more detailed and vivid representation of what I am saying:

The red area is the area in which you can try and click to jump there, but every time you will get a ****ty window where that crappy NPC (standing there for no ****ing reason) says nothing, and you get the chance to replay: What? You can speak?
If that crappy NPC had an enumerator on it to show how many times it has been clicked, I am sure the number would surpass the amount of clicks all CO players have ever made in their lives, COMBINED!!

So, I am kindly asking, all the CO players to sign this petition so this unnecessary NPC can be moved from TC, along with the companions next to him, to the event area OUTSIDE Twin City.

Other NPCs I would also like to see moved from Twin City, to a more suitable place:

Merchant Pakku
What the Horse
GM
Taoist Yun
Merchant Jessica
Lucky Wheel Envoy
Anniversary Gift Girl
Guild Chief

If you guys think of any others that are really annoying during Jiang fights in TC, feel free to add them in comments, and I will add them to the list above.
Thanks.
just make a button, opposite of tab, that will make all npcs appear/disappear.
Old 05-23-2014, 00:34   #7
ElShadai

ElShadai is a jewel in the roughElShadai is a jewel in the roughElShadai is a jewel in the roughElShadai is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
What about the other 683729 useless, ****ty, annoying NPCs?
I see you don't read thoroughly...

Quote:
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerx View Post
just make a button, opposite of tab, that will make all npcs appear/disappear.
Like, the moment you move, all the NPCs become clickable again? Cuz that's how the Tab button works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollly View Post
My question is : how do iphone players actually play the game.

Really when i play in 800x600 once in a while, i can't cross TC, not even talking about jumping on a roof, without 500 tries.
So add to that the interference of a touch screen ...
iPad players have their own issues, and I couldn't care less, if there is no one of them to cry about it.. Apparently, TQ have a solution for that, since I don't see anyone with a similar problem that uses iPhone.. Although, It's a very intriguing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollly View Post
Better suggestion : disable the activation of a NPC chat menu when they are CTRL clicked. This would mean we could jump and do everything we want without being bothered by these NPCs, meanwhile TQ can put them wherever they want.

But yes this problem's awful.
Here's a solid solution, which I would support if it comes to that..
Old 05-23-2014, 01:51   #8
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I see you don't read thoroughly...
Okay, let me be more clear: All of the NPCs.
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2014, 17:03   #9
Rigby
muslem

Rigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond reputeRigby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaehtin View Post
okay, let me be more clear: all of the npcs.
+1

COMPUTER SCIENTIST
CO DRAMA plzzz

Rxin, please read this.

For Shrek Lovers
For Sloth supporters
Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2014, 23:26   #10
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Like, the moment you move, all the NPCs become clickable again? Cuz that's how the Tab button works..
not the exact opposite lol.

would be stupid.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:10   #11
ElShadai

Ok, now that there are too many people agreeing on this one, how many votes does the poll take to be even CONSIDERED by the staff?
Old 05-26-2014, 03:07   #12
hollly

They won't do it.

The ton of NPCs in TC actually serve a gameplay purpose.
Not only it serves as obstacles when running around tc, but on top of that some players can hide behind the NPC, to stop single target attacks (namely, mortal wound, for instance).

I said that jokingly previously, but TC is some sort of big arena whose the decor and NPC actually make up for the lack of gameplay possible, and thus make players "more skilled" use the environment better.

They won't do it for the same reason they won't modify the arena glitch :
"motivated" players will use it to gain an advantage, and normal players will learn how to work around their invulnerability.

It feels stupid but doing jiang in a tc without NPC would be even more boring.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:58   #13
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by elshadai View Post
how many votes does the poll take to be even considered by the staff?
360$

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12   #14
Betrayer
1+1=4

Betrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond repute
move the ****ty npcs that nobody use and are in the middle of jiang fights, glad someone talked about it, was lazy to make thread knowing it'll get deleted in miliseconds due the hate thrown to me for being anti asian (ops said it)

Free education:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2014, 05:48   #15
pashtun
FinalBoss

pashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond repute
'I will recommend any suggestion with 40 "yes" votes and <10 "no" votes since that would make an 80%+ majority at 50 votes!'

That's what the moderator Lotak said back in 2009 in his sticky in Suggestion.

Idk what the rules are now since it appears that forums are by far not that active anymore and this does seem like a popular opinion.
pashtun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: