Old 05-16-2016, 17:25   #1
rainbow79

rainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond reputerainbow79 has a reputation beyond repute
Patch 6253: Anti-bot System Update!

We're glad to announce that Patch 6253 (Mac - 1713) will be released on May 16th... I'm not so glad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCe...ature=youtu.be
rainbow79 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2016, 18:08   #2
Nikolai
Joshhhh

Nikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow79 View Post
We're glad to announce that Patch 6253 (Mac - 1713) will be released on May 16th... I'm not so glad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCe...ature=youtu.be
Yeah I didn't notice a change in sheeet.

Games garb.

Esp that khaled filth, made him lick my crack.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2016, 20:25   #3
Spirited
Engineer

Spirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond repute
This isn't ok. I decided to reverse engineer their latest anti-bot system (3 file changes). I've never looked at their anti-bot system before, and I don't think I will again. I found that they're doing multiple immoral things that might make you think twice about playing this game.
  1. TQAnp.dll: They're taking screenshots of your desktop, compressing it with WinImage (ZLib), and sending it to them for analysis. Getting all of your system's information (down to even the volume your speakers are set at) and sending that over. Allocating virtual memory in other processes on your computer (injecting code). Opening and reading system and personal files on your hard drive (seems to do an entire scan from the root). Fun stuff.

2. pcode.dat: This is actually a DLL (pcode.dll); likely what's being injected into other processes on your computer (maybe as a passive debugger). It attempts to find processes which load the CRT. It might be using this to inspect processes on your computer (similar to a personal firewall). It also acts as a DLL injector and can load libraries into other processes. It looks at modules in a process, your CPU architecture, your page file, computer manufacturer, etc. So, a deeper process inspector (trying to do per-process security which doesn't exist on Windows, so good luck with that TQ).

3. TQPlat.dll: Gets your network adapters (even calls Windows 10 specific functions for obtaining this information by key, so good job claiming your game isn't Windows 10 ready). It enumerates through all of your hardware and obtains information on your drivers, then enumerates through your running Windows services (and has the ability to start Windows services on your behalf and INJECT CODE INTO THEM using token privileges). This also gets a handle for your desktop, then checks through each window you have open. It also calls into the CRT Debugger hook I mentioned above. Lastly, it seems to do some registry magic, but I'm not sure what by the simple look over I've done in the last 20 minutes of writing this post.

4. TQPlat.dll: Same DLL, but I decided to separate this because it's so intrusive. They're getting and setting your internet options and opening URLs in your behalf. Then, they're enumerating through your browser history using what looks like a stackoverflow implementation and sending that over the network to them. Creepy!

Anyways, that's what I could gather just from these three files in the last 30 minutes. I'd look into it more, but I have final projects I need to complete before midnight. God damn though, TQ. This is not ok.

Last edited by Spirited; 05-16-2016 at 20:46.
Spirited is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2016, 20:51   #4
Nikolai
Joshhhh

Nikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond reputeNikolai has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
This isn't ok. I decided to reverse engineer their latest anti-bot system (3 file changes). I've never looked at their anti-bot system before, and I don't think I will again. I found that they're doing multiple immoral things that might make you think twice about playing this game.
  1. TQAnp.dll: They're taking screenshots of your desktop, compressing it with WinImage (ZLib), and sending it to them for analysis. Getting all of your system's information (down to even the volume your speakers are set at) and sending that over. Allocating virtual memory in other processes on your computer (injecting code). Opening and reading system and personal files on your hard drive (seems to do an entire scan from the root). Fun stuff.

2. pcode.dat: This is actually a DLL (pcode.dll); likely what's being injected into other processes on your computer (maybe as a passive debugger). It attempts to find processes which load the CRT. It might be using this to inspect processes on your computer (similar to a personal firewall). It also acts as a DLL injector and can load libraries into other processes. It looks at modules in a process, your CPU architecture, your page file, computer manufacturer, etc. So, a deeper process inspector (trying to do per-process security which doesn't exist on Windows, so good luck with that TQ).

3. TQPlat.dll: Gets your network adapters (even calls Windows 10 specific functions for obtaining this information by key, so good job claiming your game isn't Windows 10 ready). It enumerates through all of your hardware and obtains information on your drivers, then enumerates through your running Windows services (and has the ability to start Windows services on your behalf and INJECT CODE INTO THEM using token privileges). This also gets a handle for your desktop, then checks through each window you have open. It also calls into the CRT Debugger hook I mentioned above. Lastly, it seems to do some registry magic, but I'm not sure what by the simple look over I've done in the last 20 minutes of writing this post.

4. TQPlat.dll: Same DLL, but I decided to separate this because it's so intrusive. They're getting and setting your internet options and opening URLs in your behalf. Then, they're enumerating through your browser history using what looks like a stackoverflow implementation and sending that over the network to them. Creepy!

Anyways, that's what I could gather just from these three files in the last 30 minutes. I'd look into it more, but I have final projects I need to complete before midnight. God damn though, TQ. This is not ok.
But, does it lift?

Games garb.

Esp that khaled filth, made him lick my crack.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2016, 22:08   #5
Spirited
Engineer

Spirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
But, does it lift?
No.
Old 05-18-2016, 00:32   #6
Risean
DG

Risean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm going to stop you right there. I've read warnings in the past that have freaked me the flock out, and this was in 2010-2012. How much more invasive does TQ need to be to protect themselves?

Quote:
TQAnp.dll: They're taking screenshots of your desktop, compressing it with WinImage (ZLib), and sending it to them for analysis. Getting all of your system's information (down to even the volume your speakers are set at) and sending that over. Allocating virtual memory in other processes on your computer (injecting code). Opening and reading system and personal files on your hard drive (seems to do an entire scan from the root). Fun stuff.
Hrm. Much worse. While data, any data, isn't in and of itself inherently evil, is TQ? How much pressure from, and I'm just thinking out loud here, the (insert governmental agency here) would it take to have TQ/Netdragon release what it has collected?

Quote:
pcode.dat: This is actually a DLL (pcode.dll); likely what's being injected into other processes on your computer (maybe as a passive debugger). It attempts to find processes which load the CRT. It might be using this to inspect processes on your computer (similar to a personal firewall). It also acts as a DLL injector and can load libraries into other processes. It looks at modules in a process, your CPU architecture, your page file, computer manufacturer, etc. So, a deeper process inspector (trying to do per-process security which doesn't exist on Windows, so good luck with that TQ).
You lost me. This seems like there would be legitimate use for this, if it were supported. You brought it up as a bad, so please explain to me (like I'm five) how and why this is a bad. Remember that you're speaking to addicts, not comp sci majors or security researchers.

Quote:
TQPlat.dll: Gets your network adapters (even calls Windows 10 specific functions for obtaining this information by key, so good job claiming your game isn't Windows 10 ready). It enumerates through all of your hardware and obtains information on your drivers, then enumerates through your running Windows services (and has the ability to start Windows services on your behalf and INJECT CODE INTO THEM using token privileges). This also gets a handle for your desktop, then checks through each window you have open. It also calls into the CRT Debugger hook I mentioned above. Lastly, it seems to do some registry magic, but I'm not sure what by the simple look over I've done in the last 20 minutes of writing this post.
Cute. They can run whatever they want on my machine. And can see everything I am running on my machine. What could possibly go wrong here?

Quote:
TQPlat.dll: Same DLL, but I decided to separate this because it's so intrusive. They're getting and setting your internet options and opening URLs in your behalf. Then, they're enumerating through your browser history using what looks like a stackoverflow implementation and sending that over the network to them. Creepy!
They are sending my browser history to themselves after assigning each page a number? I agree that this is invasive, but let me point out that we live in a world where we are given content in exchange for our information. I know google tracks my history, I know that through cookies my browsing habits can be tracked, and I know that this information is bought and sold in the open on a regular basis.

I guess, Spriited, that I've two things I'll take away from this. The first is that you're just another brilliant person in a sea of them (Someone I'd prefer to meet at Toorcamp then on a 3rd rate game developers site). The second is that I'd love to ask for solutions, but I feel like you're not one to offer them. I'll approach you with more detailed questions.

Risean 130-130-133 TRO-WAR-ARCH (Failed character turned ultimate farmer)

Erebus 131-131-132 Pure Ninja (Hacked, and then banned)

Good2Cu (Planned) 140-140-140 Pure Warrior

-G$H-
Risean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2016, 01:21   #7
Spirited
Engineer

You're on the money, I don't have enough interest to propose solutions to them. I've seen people try to tell TQ what's wrong with their anti-cheat system, and it never gets through to them. Instead, it just keeps getting more and more bloated. To clarify on the code injection: a friend of mine filled me in on what they're doing. It's not active yet for the English client, but it's a kernel level driver they install for you which intercepts system calls on the client. The goal seems to be to inspect processes on the system like a firewall and prevent people from getting a handle on the client for botting. You can circumvent it though... using methods I've decided not to specify since TQ can't even respond to my emails. I have to give them credit though, these attacks are getting much higher in required complexity.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:08   #8
Risean
DG

Risean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond reputeRisean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You're on the money, I don't have enough interest to propose solutions to them. I've seen people try to tell TQ what's wrong with their anti-cheat system, and it never gets through to them..
You do realize that the company is Chinese right? Corrections and suggestions are at best highly frowned upon.

-G$H-
Old 05-18-2016, 18:44   #9
DW2012

DW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond reputeDW2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

That is why they don't make a version for Linux. Not very surprising according to the past regressions this company has committed.

Basically make sure this game is not installed on any machine that does banking. Wow this is quite impressive what you found and I'm sure everyone here is much appreciative.
Old 05-18-2016, 19:55   #10
Schnifschnaf

Schnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond repute
You're saying they know how often I watch 2G1C? There goes my shot at becoming the next president...
Schnifschnaf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2016, 08:36   #11
Locky
Boogey

Locky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond repute
Dlp
Old 05-19-2016, 10:56   #12
Risean
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnifschnaf View Post
You're saying they know how often I watch 2G1C? There goes my shot at becoming the next president...
At least you don't have a youtube history full of China Uncensored episodes.

-G$H-
Old 05-19-2016, 16:48   #13
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

What kind of drugs did you take when you wrote this post?
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2016, 17:50   #14
Ichigo69
Moe

Ichigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond reputeIchigo69 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
hahaha
Owner's safety, there are personal limits in each relationship you're involved in.
Ichigo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2016, 19:58   #15
Spirited
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Glad to hear that's my only refute so far.
Enjoy the game at the cost of your privacy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: