Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 11:54   #1
Extinct07

Extinct07 is on a distinguished road
Super Heaven Fan quest

Ok so i proceeded through the quest following guides until i got to the part where i talk to villager Chou and he is ''supposed'' to give me a stick of incense and a hairpin.

Well i got the hairpin but he never gave me the stick of incense so i can't proceed with the quest. It took me forever to kill the vipers so i am trying to avoid starting over. What do i do?

Thanks.
Extinct07 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 03:42   #2
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Are you sure that you didn't get the incense? It's weird that you got the Hairpin but no incense. I suggest you to check your inventory carefully again.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:38   #3
IchiBotHo

IchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond reputeIchiBotHo has a reputation beyond repute
Exact same issue... no incense received and seems to be no way for me to reset the quest. Have also had no luck in replies in two other forums for nearly two weeks, have copy/pasted that post here:

Heaven Fan: No incense from villager Chao BUG?

I've done all quests so far without much difficulty, this reference usually provides all I need to know when I have gotten stuck:
http://co.91.com/guide/quests/quests.shtml

However, now I am doing the Super Heaven Fan quest titled
Attack Talisman: Heaven Fan

I seem to have encountered a bug. Villager Chao never gave me any incense. He did give me the hairpin, but no incense.

So I am unable to summon his ancestor, herbalist Chao, within Swan Lake (55,109). And thus unable to continue this quest. In order to attempt to fix it, I have done the following 5 things:

1.) Searched for "heaven quest", "attack talisman quest", and "incense" within these forums. Found no help.

2.) Searched for help outside of these forums, found a related thread, noted that a few other people have had exact same problem, no solutions posted. I added to that thread here:
http://www.********ers.de/forum/co2-...ml#post2757361

3.) Went back and talked to all NPCs involved:
Sugar Tang - she asks me to go see villager Chao again
Wine Kiddo - no help
villager Chao - he tells me to go burn incense but still doesn't give me incense
Wanderer (in DC) - he allows me to go to viper pit again for 10,000 silver, I go ther, kill vipers to get fang, then kill bandits to get bee kettle again, get water, combine water with fang to make water, but alas, this is worthless as I don't have the silk anymore and Sugar will not give me new silk.

4.) So then I dropped all related items (Jade thing from Sugar Tang and Hairpin from Villager Chao) and visit all related NPCs again:
Sugar Tang - gives me a new Jade thing but No silk.
Wine Kiddo - no help
villager Chao - gives me a new hairpin, but no incense
Wanderer (in DC) - he allows me to go to viper pit again for 10,000 silver, but worhtless without new silk from Sugar Tang.

5.) Used chat channel on line to search for GMs, and asked other players for help via World chat channel numerous times. No responses.

So I am still unable to resolve this one autonomously - Please help me.

Now in order to try to help fix this bug, I suspect that the reason that it happened was that there was another player doing this quest at the same time as I was, maybe just one minute behind me. I spoke with Villager Chao and we were interrupted by the spawning of (I think it was Crimsom Claw, the quest NPC that looks like a guard). I killed him, then talked to Villager Chao again, but right at about the same time (or just before or just after I killed the guard), the other player came adn talked to Villager Chao - perhaps that screwed up the sequence which resulted in Villager Chao not giving me the incense(?).

Server: Wild: Eagle
Character Name: Croshot
Login ID: CarpotMuncher (I am using my wife's account to write this post because mine is not privileged to post yet for some reason)

Thanks
IchiBotHo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 12:15   #4
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
I remember never having the incense but the next parts of the quest treated me like having it I don't know why but try continuing the quest without it, it will appear later.

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2009, 02:09   #5
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
The Incense looks the same as Panacea. So would you please check it again?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg incense.jpg (44.4 KB, 148 views)
Old 12-03-2009, 16:39   #6
TomasLT

TomasLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Same bug for me. I got hairpin but cant get stick of Incense.
Here is screenshoot :

Last edited by TomasLT; 12-03-2009 at 16:42.
TomasLT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2009, 23:08   #7
CindyZ
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasLT View Post
Same bug for me. I got hairpin but cant get stick of Incense.
Here is screenshoot :

Try what Himie said, continue the quest without the incense to see what will happen?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: