Old 04-09-2013, 18:58   #1
Gr8Mustang

Gr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond repute
NOOBS just don't have a chance with all these bots

I recently had a couple folks join CO. They saw how much time I spent in game and want to check it out. I warned them to not even try, too many bots in the hunting/leveling areas.

They joined anyway. By then end of the first week they quit. they could do some of the equipment quests but in the area quests they had no chance. As I had told them, bots ruled the areas. Apparitions, full of bots,Thunder apes the same. Tried to Plvl them in birds,Bots bots bots. Tried some other areas, only one without bots was Giant Apes. They gave up.

How the hell can you grow the player base with all these bots? I bet there are plenty of new player sign ups but most likely they are bots rather than true new players.

Anyway, these peeps learned the lesson well. Noobs just have no chance in CO with all these bots.
Gr8Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2013, 22:16   #2
AzNtHuGsTa

AzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond reputeAzNtHuGsTa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Mustang View Post
I recently had a couple folks join CO. They saw how much time I spent in game and want to check it out. I warned them to not even try, too many bots in the hunting/leveling areas.

They joined anyway. By then end of the first week they quit. they could do some of the equipment quests but in the area quests they had no chance. As I had told them, bots ruled the areas. Apparitions, full of bots,Thunder apes the same. Tried to Plvl them in birds,Bots bots bots. Tried some other areas, only one without bots was Giant Apes. They gave up.

How the hell can you grow the player base with all these bots? I bet there are plenty of new player sign ups but most likely they are bots rather than true new players.

Anyway, these peeps learned the lesson well. Noobs just have no chance in CO with all these bots.
Tq doesn't want the player base to get any bigger because its at 40 Million LOL.
AzNtHuGsTa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2013, 22:49   #3
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Give tq a break. They're trying their best to stop the bots.

+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 03:53   #4
Gr8Mustang

Gr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond reputeGr8Mustang has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNtHuGsTa View Post
Tq doesn't want the player base to get any bigger because its at 40 Million LOL.
Yup, 40 million accounts. 10 Million players. 5 Million bots.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:57   #5
Gr8Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post

The lets see some improvement in bot control if they are trying.
Noobs dont care about TQ effort, they only want some areas that they can play the game as it was designed. Kill mobs, get stronger, play against other players. Not have to spend hours avoiding areas with bots so that they can do the noob quests.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:20   #6
ilsu333

ilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post

Their best would be to start a lawsuit against the bot creators...

Now days its really easy to find a bot for conquer,a simple google search and you are done...Is it so hard for TQ just to shut down those guys?

Another thing,80% of the bot programs are made and used by arabs (because they sell dbs/loot for real money),i don't think is so hard for tq to trace all the ips that are involved in "bara el game" or "bara el le3ba" trades and ban them.

Tq is losing a lot of money because of botters and i think its fair to shut them down from their main source,than to reduce the prizes for fair players.

Ill post this here just to show you an example (if its inappropriate to talk about other companies and games,mods,please remove the links from my post):

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/37/view/forums/thread/330395/lol-Jagex-to-start-suing-botters.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/15/view/news/read/10329/Blizzard-Sues-Bot-Creator.html

If other companies can,why is TQ hesitating?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:35   #7
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
dw guys, was just trolling.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 07:55   #8
razdarius

razdarius is on a distinguished road
It's useless to complain about it.
They just don't give a ****.
razdarius is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01   #9
Mantra

Mantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond reputeMantra has a reputation beyond repute
ya same happened to me had a few friends try it out but after they realized they couldn't do anything with all the bots they didn't last long lol

but ya I'm sure there is more they can do to remove bots but they don't really try
Mantra is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52   #10
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

since i started playing, ive enticed close to 70 people to play this game. most of them gone now and you can count on 1 hand the ones left.

recently, when i came back playing months after monks were introduced, some expressed of coming back too.

i said ok since you can level faster especially with monks and souls. after db was removed, everyone quit again.

now when new players approach me about playing this game, i just tell them frankly, dont bother. i myself is inactive.

i dont want people to blame me later i wasted their time.
sundancerx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 11:06   #11
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsu333 View Post
Their best would be to start a lawsuit against the bot creators...

Now days its really easy to find a bot for conquer,a simple google search and you are done...Is it so hard for TQ just to shut down those guys?

Another thing,80% of the bot programs are made and used by arabs (because they sell dbs/loot for real money),i don't think is so hard for tq to trace all the ips that are involved in "bara el game" or "bara el le3ba" trades and ban them.

Tq is losing a lot of money because of botters and i think its fair to shut them down from their main source,than to reduce the prizes for fair players.

Ill post this here just to show you an example (if its inappropriate to talk about other companies and games,mods,please remove the links from my post):

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/37/view/forums/thread/330395/lol-Jagex-to-start-suing-botters.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/15/view/news/read/10329/Blizzard-Sues-Bot-Creator.html

If other companies can,why is TQ hesitating?
Not to be a prick or anything, but TQ can't sue them the same way.

Did you even read the article you gave? Blizzard sued them because the bots break the buying contract. As in, your pay per month counts only for a certain amount of reasonable hours. Did you know that you are only allowed to play WoW for 434 hours per month? (average of 14 hours a day). Bots break that contract, since they are on 24/7. That's why they went to court. TQ - Conquer online has no such thing. It is a free to play game. On the other hand, they have the right to ban you without even stating a reason, which is something Blizzard doesn't have. That is the free to play model.

Not taking into account that there is almost no country that has laws on infringing the rights of games other than basic copyright. In other words, it is not punishable by law.

Yes they can sue them based on moral highground, but if a judge follows the defence which states that it isn't in the law, he has no other choice than to agree with them. In other words, whoever starts a process and ends up losing sets an extremely dangerous precedent.

The only way they can be sued is if laws exist on the internet, and we all know that won't happen for the coming decennia. Sopa and pipa actually had a law against bot hosts in it, but the law was so far going that literally no one wanted it. One day when the younger generation gets in the politics, we'll have this law. But that won't be for another 30 years.

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 04-15-2013 at 06:19. Reason: broken links
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26   #12
n00dlez
n00blez

n00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond repute
They would stop it if they could. Considering these botters aren't even playing and are reselling dbs for $2 each.

TQ's already sued old bot companies, hence they came back under new aliases. Same ****, same people.
n00dlez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 14:10   #13
ilsu333

ilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond reputeilsu333 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dlez View Post
They would stop it if they could. Considering these botters aren't even playing and are reselling dbs for $2 each.

TQ's already sued old bot companies, hence they came back under new aliases. Same ****, same people.
They got rid of the botters back then (and it lasted for almost a year)...I think they can do it again.But for some reason they don't.But TQ proved once it's possible.

@ ~*panda*~

It doesn't metter what botting problems blizzard and runescape had,cheatters/botters are still the same,whatever they do,it still harms the games they are creating macros for.

My point wasn't about the way they cheat,same as other companies,TQ is losing money,and at the same time they are losing players...By allowing the botting programs to work they will eventualy have to shut down the game.

I know this is probably the 6th time i mention this here in the conquer community forum...But TQ had to shut down Warlords (because of a glitch),and Monster&Me because of the botters (at one point they even allowed bots to work because it was hard to detect them).

Lets just say botters are a disease for TQ,not a major disease for now,but sadly,its growing...Dear ~*panda*~ be honest,if you'd have a disease would you fight it or just let it aggravate until you won't be able to do anything against it?

If TQ won't do anything fast,probably conquer will die (just like other awesome games TQ had before)...And even if they release CO3,what makes you think that the bot creators won't switch to that one after CO2 dies?

There was a South Park episode that taught me one thing...And i Quote:

Quote:
When you have cancer you fight, because it doesn't matter if you beat it or not. You refuse to let that fat little lump make you feel powerless!
Think about it
Old 04-10-2013, 16:23   #14
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
You seem to misunderstand me. I didn't say it shouldn't be solved. I just said a lawsuit isn't the way to do it. You obviously have no understanding of the law whatsoever. If the law didn't include "you are not allowed to kill a person by throwing a tv on their head", it would be fully legal to kill people in said manner.

There is no law against botting, thus botters are not breaking the law. TQ can however just ban those botters as they do break the terms of agreement.

TQ never cared about bots. Bots never vanished for a whole year. They want us to think they care by making big "anti bot patches". How many held botters back longer than a few days? Some did, but they caught half the legit population "for botting" while doing so.

In your viewpoint, yea. You fight the cancer. But the game/client is in such a shoddy state that you can't just see the cancer as one fat little lump. It are 200 big lumps covering your entire body.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2013, 23:06   #15
Micdeath

Micdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond reputeMicdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Panda you are, yet again, wrong.
Know what a contract is right? You signed, and agreed to one when you signed up for a TQ account.

Know what happens when you break contracts? You can get sued.
Know what happens when you promote, provide, and even sell the means to break that said contract? You can be sued.
Hell, I can walk down to the local court, file a law suit against you right now. You will then receive a summons. After that point, the case can be dismissed as no grounds, or proceed forward. All for about $25-$125 or so. If you fail to appear, I win by default.
I could file the lawsuit at your local court as well. Same deal. Though if you live outside the US, the the winning by default may not occur.
As to why it hasn't been or is being done a lot? Well, going to court costs money. Lots of it depending on what you do, plus the time involved. Then there is that pesky little saying of, "Sue a homeless man for a million, expect to ever see only a penny in your lifetime."

So, Panda, please stop being wrong. It makes you look dumb.

Oh and that whole bit about the law not including so and so method of killing, being fully legal to kill in said manner, wrong again. Totally wrong. In so many ways I cannot begin to describe how.
Micdeath is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: