View Poll Results: Good Idea?
Yes 301 92.33%
No 25 7.67%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2008, 14:56   #1
shining~moira

shining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond repute
Item Broker

Here's an idea that could possibly get rid of server-side lag, help prevent scamming, and help newbies all at once.

Here's my idea:
The NPC
-A brand spanking new npc should added. This npc should be called "Broker" (Or something similar).
-What this npc does is take your items and sell them FOR you.
-The npc should act as a semi-warehouse/semi-market stall. You talk to the Broker, who asks you if you'd like to Buy, Sell, or Open Broker Warehouse

To Sell
-Now, let's say I'm selling a DragonBall. I click on the Broker, who asks me if I'd like to Buy, Sell or Open Broker Warehouse.
-I choose Sell.
-A window pops up (similar to the window that pops up when you are trying to set up a market stall) and I put the item into the proper slot, and add the price that I want: 20,000,000 Silver. Then I press OK. If I already have items for sale, I can cancel those by right-clicking them.
-Now, the Broker has my DragonBall and is trying to sell it at 20kk Silvers.

To Buy
-Along comes Brad Pitt[HOT]. He goes to the Broker and chooses Buy.
-A window pops up that contains a checklist with specifications like: Level (if applicable), Quality, +1-12, Item Type, etc...
-Brad Pitt decides he wants to buy a DragonBall. So, under Item Type, he chooses "DragonBall" and under Price he types 20,000,000. He then presses OK.
-The Broker has now both my DragonBall, and 20kk. He wants to complete the trade. The Broker will now open a NEW window (similar to the window that you open when trying to look at a market stall) and lists all the DragonBalls up for sale that are 20kk and lower.
-Now, Brad Pitt chooses the price he likes, such as some newb who wants to sell it for 1 Silver, and completes the transaction.

Anticipated FAQ
Q]What if Brad Pitt decides he wants to buy it for a price no one is selling for?
A]Then the Broker will tell Brad Pitt that there is no item for that price.

Q]How will the Broker deal with Server Maintenance?
A]The prices/items would be deposited into the Broker Warehouse. When Server Maintenace concludes, the player must go into his/her Broker Warehouse, take the item out, and put it back up for sale.

Q]What if people try to crash the server by trying to sell like 2,000,000 stanchers?
A]Items that can be purchased at NPC's will be blacklisted. In other words, the Broker will refuse to purchase/sell them. The only exception to this blacklisting rule would be items that can be bought at the Shopping Mall.Idea[Credit: Snyder]

Q]Is there a time limit to how long you can sell your stuff?
A]No, but there is an item quantity limit. For example, you can only sell up to 10 things at once.

Q]This idea sucks. Are you retarded?
A]Yes.

Thanks for reading.

SUGGESTED THINGIES:
Idea[Credit: LadyLawless]
The Broker could possibly work with all servers in a particular group.

I'm kidding btw
Quit For Good. Bye Everyone.

Last edited by shining~moira; 07-13-2008 at 07:01.
shining~moira is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2008, 15:00   #2
hellishemo
2nd Reborn

hellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond reputehellishemo has a reputation beyond repute
2 seconds before you added the poll i saw this and checked it out! i was about to suggest a poll but i reopend it and noticed i cought it RIGHT when it was created! xD so yea i like this idea, quick selling better than marketting! and you dont have to sit for hours on end and have someone possibly NOT buy it.
One question what will happen if your stuff is in there when servermaintenance comes on?
also /signed.

#36Fate#36 level 130+
Troj>Troj>Troj

130>130>130

bbq45 level 131 Retired
Water>Fire>Fire

120>121>131

Watch my 2nd rebirth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbMAjtSfDQk

Reputation point(s) 617412467
hellishemo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2008, 15:03   #3
shining~moira

shining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond reputeshining~moira has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellishemo View Post
what will happen if your stuff is in there when servermaintenance comes on?
I should have put that in the FAQ, and I will now that you mentioned it. Thanks

What will happen is: the server should record the prices/items and when the server comes back up, the Broker will automatically re-add the items/bids.

I'm kidding btw

Last edited by shining~moira; 06-18-2008 at 15:34.
Old 06-18-2008, 18:13   #4
shining~moira

~Bumpity Bump~

I'm kidding btw
Old 06-18-2008, 18:15   #5
raythebird
AZNBOY

raythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond reputeraythebird has a reputation beyond repute
I like it, very well explained

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=515752
please vote for Chinese New Year as a new quest.
Finally in Recommended
raythebird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2008, 18:16   #6
~PoD~
Ballin'

~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute~PoD~ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ~PoD~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~PoD~
Quote:
Originally Posted by shining~moira View Post
Here's an idea that could possibly get rid of server-side lag, help prevent scamming, and help newbies all at once.

Before all of you start to e-slap me, listen to the whole idea first.

Here's my idea:
The NPC
A brand spanking new npc should added. This npc should be called "Broker" (Or something similar).
What this npc does is take your items and sell them FOR you.
The npc should act as a semi-warehouse/semi-market stall. You talk to the Broker, who asks you if you'd like to Buy or Sell items. A corresponding window pops up and you either Buy or Sell.

For Example
Now, let's say I'm selling a DragonBall. I click on the Broker, who asks me if I'd like to Buy or Sell.
I choose sell.
A window pops up and I put the item into the proper slot, and add the price that I want: 20,000,000 Silver. Then I press OK.

Now, the Broker has my DragonBall and is trying to sell it at a minimum price of 20kk.

Along comes a rich person. He goes to the Broker and chooses Buy. A window pops up that contains a checklist with specifications like: Level (if applicable), Quality, +1-12, Item Type, etc...
This rich person decides he wants to buy a DragonBall. So, under Item Type, he chooses "DragonBall" and under Price he types 20,000,000. He then presses OK. Now, the rich person gave the Broker 20kk.

Now that the rich person pressed Ok, the Broker realizes that he can sell my DragonBall. He then swaps the DragonBall and the 20kk.

In addition, the Broker should give you the Market Price(upon request) of what you are selling/buying by giving you the average sale/offer price of the items.

Anticipated FAQ
Q]What if the rich guy decides he wants to buy it for 18kk?
A]Then no trade will take place unless there's another person who is selling for 18kk.

Q]What if 2 people are both selling it for 20kk?
A]First come, first serve. If you gave your DB to the Broker first, he will sell it first. Same thing with purchases. If 2 people are trying to buy a DB for 20kk, then the person who places his/her order first gets the DB.

Q]What if you try to sell it for 20kk but he wants to buy it for 30kk? Who gets the remaining 10kk?
A]The Broker splits the difference. The Broker would trade the DB for 25kk, and the rich guy would get the remaining 5kk.

Q]How will the Broker deal with Server Maintenance?
A]The the prices/items would be recorded and when the server comes back up, the Broker will automatically re-add the items/bids.

Q]What happens if you don't want to sell/buy anymore?
A]Talk to the Broker and tell him to cancel your bid/sale. The Broker will return your cp/cash/items.

A]Yes.

Thanks for reading.
good idea, full bars for u =)
Old 06-18-2008, 23:27   #7
DuxTheSmurf
Destrutor

DuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond reputeDuxTheSmurf has a reputation beyond repute

I LIKE IT, you dont have to wait for a place to vend, if there is a connection error and you got to start all over, wait for hours for maybe nothing,
DuxTheSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21   #8
LadyLawless

LadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond reputeLadyLawless has a reputation beyond repute
i think its a great idea plus heres the really awesome part the broker works with all servers in that particular group
LadyLawless is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2008, 07:32   #9
shining~moira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLawless View Post
i think its a great idea plus heres the really awesome part the broker works with all servers in that particular group
Great idea! I'll add that to my post.
+Rep

I'm kidding btw

Last edited by shining~moira; 06-19-2008 at 07:34.
Old 06-19-2008, 15:35   #10
Ruixituh
I'm HOT!

Ruixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond reputeRuixituh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ruixituh
humm. I agree. but i think that the Broker shouldn't ever establish prices to the items even if requested. That will ruin marketing cause TQ WOULD MAKE THE PRICES <----!!
Then again, i think that if the buyer offered 30kk to buy a db that was for sale for 20kk the db which would be bought would be the most expensive on sale and the seller would get the rest of the cash. So imagine:
There are 3 dbs for sale:
DB1 - 20kk;
DB2 - 22kk;
DB3 - 25kk;
A buyer offers 26kk for a db:
The broker makes de trade with the DB3 which is the closest DB with that price. And since there is 1kk more on the offer the seller would get it.

DAngel - Water/Fire - 110/124[Active]
Fire_Angel - Archer - 110 - Ocasional hunter
CruelShade - Warrior/Warrior - 120/110 ACTIVE

I P0WN SLOWLY

Rep me and i rep u back ;D

Favorite Posts:
--> Making your own avatar
--> New guild features
Ruixituh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2008, 16:57   #11
Pistis_Sophia
Nuberator

Pistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond reputePistis_Sophia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shining~moira View Post

Before all of you start to e-slap me, listen to the whole idea first.

(...blah blah blah...)

Anticipated FAQ

(...blah blah blah...)

A]Yes.

Thanks for reading.
Can you remind me why did I make a seller again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRage View Post
The old complaint thread got so big it was impossible to keep up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItSmellsBad View Post
I don't think the Egyptians should get their own servers, they should stay on the American servers and get their asses wooped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
All honor threads are sexually orientated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icis View Post
Your faith in TQ makes me giggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imahotpocket. View Post
ive killed over 120k in 2 days before i was no lifing
i'm not sure how to interpret that
Pistis_Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2008, 07:56   #12
shining~moira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruixituh View Post
humm. I agree. but i think that the Broker shouldn't ever establish prices to the items even if requested. That will ruin marketing cause TQ WOULD MAKE THE PRICES <----!!
Then again, i think that if the buyer offered 30kk to buy a db that was for sale for 20kk the db which would be bought would be the most expensive on sale and the seller would get the rest of the cash. So imagine:
There are 3 dbs for sale:
DB1 - 20kk;
DB2 - 22kk;
DB3 - 25kk;
A buyer offers 26kk for a db:
The broker makes de trade with the DB3 which is the closest DB with that price. And since there is 1kk more on the offer the seller would get it.
Well, I figure that the broker would look for the best price available for the buyer/seller. For that reason, the broker should go with db1. Dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistis_Sophia View Post
Can you remind me why did I make a seller again?
Your sarcasm is duly noted.
My answer? Because TQ decided to flood its servers with useless characters, and you're too much of a tool to realize how flawed the current system of buy/sell is.
Instead of being negative about ideas and asking pointless questions like that, why not tell me WHY it's a bad idea?

I'm kidding btw

Last edited by shining~moira; 06-20-2008 at 09:27.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:09   #13
Ravena*

Ravena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond reputeRavena* has a reputation beyond repute
I dont like to sell
I like the idea

SIGNED
Eclipse
[ Char. Level ]
108 /37 %
Ravena* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2008, 05:43   #14
shining~moira

bump

I'm kidding btw
Old 06-26-2008, 13:17   #15
deoxe
Satan

deoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond reputedeoxe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to deoxe
hmmm just do Ebay on Co lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxette~9 View Post
My Computer > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Conquer 2.0 > Uninstall

Best server available
deoxe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: