View Poll Results: Good Idea?
Yes 301 92.33%
No 25 7.67%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 18:46   #136
Spartanwarrior
One of 300

Spartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanwarrior has a reputation beyond repute
sounds good signed no probs at all not surei like that multiple ser ers could access it though as it could cause all the best stuff for sale from one server to by bought by players in another server with more silver/cp, while this would bring in new cash flow to a server it could also causea bit of a power vaccum as it would lessen the avialablity of better quality weapons on said server

Element group
Light server
Grimlock War lvl 7x

"Spartans! prepare for glory!"

Proud member of LiveOrDieHard
Spartanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2008, 18:47   #137
Tears~Of~Blood
Hooks ftw

Tears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud ofTears~Of~Blood has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Tears~Of~Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanwarrior View Post
sounds good signed no probs at all not surei like that multiple ser ers could access it though as it could cause all the best stuff for sale from one server to by bought by players in another server with more silver/cp, while this would bring in new cash flow to a server it could also causea bit of a power vaccum as it would lessen the avialablity of better quality weapons on said server
Not accessible by all servers, only accessible by YOUR server

Character Name: Robyn (changing)
Class: Trojan (Changing)
Max Pkp: 936
Guild Name: RandomVíolence
Guild Position: Deputy Leader
Level: 113 (Changing)
Reborn: No (Changing)

~!~ Gears ~!~
[They suck...shush]
Head - Super +4 Earrings/Super +4 Coronet
Neck - Super +3 SDG
Ring - Super +4 Attack Ring
Weapon 1 - Super +3 RDG Hook
Weapon 2 - Super +3 RDG-SDG Sword
Armour - Super +3 (Changing)
Boots - Super +5 SDG

Soon will be having a 130 Second Rb Trojan as my main
Tears~Of~Blood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2008, 10:41   #138
Snyder
AfroSamrai

Snyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond repute
Nice progress on the votes guys i was on vacation for a few days.

Vote for historically correct skin tone options: PRESS HERE

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Isaac Newton

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Sun-tzu

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" Dante 's The Inferno

"Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity" Mud and blood 2

Characters:
Snyder|187| lvl 132 2nd reborn trojan
FalleN lvl 132 2nd reborn archer
Peligroso|187|lvl 131 2nd reborn trojan
Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2008, 13:42   #139
corey0092
The Dude

corey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond repute
not signed- people have market noobs for this reason, and it seems to risky to add in, people will find a glitch in the system and all of the gear you put in will be lost.
I dont know if its even possible, but how about creating a forum section where people could write their suggestions, and other forum users could vote for them. And if any suggestion would be good some forum super mod could forward it to designers or someone. You could call it suggestions forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Im not saying that im a pedophile, im just saying that the age of consent should be 7
corey0092 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2008, 15:15   #140
SweetScent

SweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond reputeSweetScent has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like EO XD I like it anyway.
SweetScent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2008, 07:29   #141
steeldocparker

steeldocparker is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shining~moira View Post
Here's an idea that could possibly get rid of server-side lag, help prevent scamming, and help newbies all at once.

Here's my idea:
The NPC
-A brand spanking new npc should added. This npc should be called "Broker" (Or something similar).
-What this npc does is take your items and sell them FOR you.
-The npc should act as a semi-warehouse/semi-market stall. You talk to the Broker, who asks you if you'd like to Buy, Sell, or Open Broker Warehouse

To Sell
-Now, let's say I'm selling a DragonBall. I click on the Broker, who asks me if I'd like to Buy, Sell or Open Broker Warehouse.
-I choose Sell.
-A window pops up (similar to the window that pops up when you are trying to set up a market stall) and I put the item into the proper slot, and add the price that I want: 20,000,000 Silver. Then I press OK. If I already have items for sale, I can cancel those by right-clicking them.
-Now, the Broker has my DragonBall and is trying to sell it at 20kk Silvers.

To Buy
-Along comes Brad Pitt[HOT]. He goes to the Broker and chooses Buy.
-A window pops up that contains a checklist with specifications like: Level (if applicable), Quality, +1-12, Item Type, etc...
-Brad Pitt decides he wants to buy a DragonBall. So, under Item Type, he chooses "DragonBall" and under Price he types 20,000,000. He then presses OK.
-The Broker has now both my DragonBall, and 20kk. He wants to complete the trade. The Broker will now open a NEW window (similar to the window that you open when trying to look at a market stall) and lists all the DragonBalls up for sale that are 20kk and lower.
-Now, Brad Pitt chooses the price he likes, such as some newb who wants to sell it for 1 Silver, and completes the transaction.

Anticipated FAQ
Q]What if Brad Pitt decides he wants to buy it for a price no one is selling for?
A]Then the Broker will tell Brad Pitt that there is no item for that price.

Q]How will the Broker deal with Server Maintenance?
A]The prices/items would be deposited into the Broker Warehouse. When Server Maintenace concludes, the player must go into his/her Broker Warehouse, take the item out, and put it back up for sale.

Q]What if people try to crash the server by trying to sell like 2,000,000 stanchers?
A]Items that can be purchased at NPC's will be blacklisted. In other words, the Broker will refuse to purchase/sell them. The only exception to this blacklisting rule would be items that can be bought at the Shopping Mall.Idea[Credit: Snyder]

Q]Is there a time limit to how long you can sell your stuff?
A]No, but there is an item quantity limit. For example, you can only sell up to 10 things at once.

Q]This idea sucks. Are you retarded?
A]Yes.

Thanks for reading.

SUGGESTED THINGIES:
Idea[Credit: LadyLawless]
The Broker could possibly work with all servers in a particular group.
GREAT IDEA !! finally !! you got my vote !! it would help lag so much !!!!! and many more great benefits to a system like tht !!
steeldocparker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2008, 21:18   #142
liljon50

liljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud ofliljon50 has much to be proud of
very good idea wish thought of it myself
liljon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2008, 21:16   #143
alibaba4

alibaba4 is an unknown quantity at this point
its kinda like WOW auction house lo.. i like the idea XD maybe they can add a search function, and display a list of items for sale below a certain price the buyer selected.. but if its implemented, no1 will set up market shops >_> then i cant buy cheap items occasionally lol
alibaba4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 02:17   #144
Shiroyama
in Venus

Shiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond reputeShiroyama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Shiroyama
Instantly when i've read it, it reminded me of Runescape. -_-
None the less, it's an good idea to make marketing easier / faster.

~Signed~
Old 09-30-2008, 07:42   #145
GenghisKhan
Da Milkman

GenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond reputeGenghisKhan has a reputation beyond repute
signed 100%

[Talk]spidie speaks to All : aimbottin noob[21:5]
[Talk]NoisY speaks to GenghisKhan: are u playing aimpot ?[5:36]
[Whisper]magicOWNS speaks to GenghisKhan: wouldnt suprise me if ur nub ass uses CID[17:19]
[Whisper]-Loquera- speaks to GenghisKhan: dejas de usar esa mierda de aimbot [14:15]
[Talk]BoulderBallz speaks to GenghisKhan: are you gonna aimbot the tourny?[18:42]

QUIT.
GenghisKhan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2008, 14:06   #146
Sysopo
Civilian

Sysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond reputeSysopo has a reputation beyond repute
Since there is replies 2 months later i'll give in and finally give my opinion.

It sounds like a good idea and bad idea, let me explain.

Good Idea = Because it will let people sell when logged out. which will reduce connections to the server which will overall reduce lag in some way. BUT! The market is designed for Sellers already so it would be a waste of time otherwise than being able to log out and still able to sell items on a 1 or 2 day timer before they get re-added to your inventory.

Bad Idea = It's like other games, it's not unique to conquer online.
One game i know of has the exact *and only* market as you suggest.
However you only enter the price you want to sell the item for, you are not allowed to suggest your own price when sorting the objects for purchase. You would sort by Item descriptive modifier such as , +n , Quality, Price, Socs, Garments, Class, Bless, Scrolls, Quests, Gems, Mets, Etc.
Another bad reason and sorry to declare.
You would be freeing some lag but also gaining lag or duties; during maintenance co2 will have to tend to the duties of maintaining the entire new system, compared to simply letting the market reset from the reboot.
This type of new system would only include co2 staff to be more busy. So i do not see this type of "service to us" being implemented.

I VOTE YES ANYWAYS .
Great plan.
No Flamers Pls. Tnx
Goodluck, Sys
Sysopo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2008, 13:21   #147
Danieru

Danieru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Danieru Send a message via Yahoo to Danieru
i love your idea man, yours and whoever first suggested auctions I LOVE AUCTIONS! eudemons online, again
Old 11-10-2008, 17:04   #148
X PrOmEtHeUs X

X PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to X PrOmEtHeUs X
YES, great idea.

but just like the offline TG thing, TQ goons will probably make us pay cps to leave it for a certain amount of time. -.-
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12   #149
cerberous/KiRA
KiRA

cerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to cerberous/KiRA Send a message via Yahoo to cerberous/KiRA Send a message via Skype™ to cerberous/KiRA
awesome idea, but i think there should be a quality limit as well as quantitiy(i didnt have time to read entire thread so sryz if mah post is a repeat XP) like the items must be elite or better, +3 or higher, or be a very rare item(db, exp ball, praying stone, black tulip, etc.) that way there will still be people in market selling the old fashioned way.
and i think there should be another function or another npc all together, one that searches all items being sold by vendors in market. so that u dotn hafta spend hours looking for sumthin(kinda like a search engine) itd tell vendors name and what direction theyre in(northern 2 rows, southern 2, east, west,) just a thought
KiRA/tro 130-xxx
RiKU/warior 120-xxx
slim_shady/water tao 115-xxx
mets/archer
gemly/fire tao
heavens~demon/merchant

RIP emyli sawagi u will be missed
Quote:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Quote:
trapped in limbo in great lakes IL (awaiting orders )
cerberous/KiRA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2008, 20:30   #150
nemesyz

nemesyz is on a distinguished road
Why dun u make it like an auction house?
Where u place the price and people auction for it.
To prevent retards who palce things overprice, there is a fee to place ur auctions. This will allow people to view all the items there at once. =D
nemesyz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: