View Poll Results: hmmmmmmmm
yes this will make warriors more popular 342 78.08%
no are you f***ing crazy 96 21.92%
Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24   #151
OutZydaz
WD4ever

OutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond reputeOutZydaz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAzUkA View Post

I still voted for this idea, because Wars should be given a skill that should compliment their strengths.
isnt their strength their defense?
and arent the skills that compliment it the wielding of a shield and XP shield?

a full 2soc warrior with +7 ring and +7 blade as enuf attack 2 1hit a lot of 2nd RB 130 chars including trojans ( with stig ofcourse )
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31   #152
AnB3rLin

AnB3rLin is on a distinguished road
dude this idea totally rocks man. I too am a warrior myself. and i get pked from lower defense and lower magivc defense by not weilding a shield
AnB3rLin is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2008, 23:57   #153
Fight
~Lelouch~

Fight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond repute
Alright look...

1. If you're a warrior and you're trying to pk with a 2h STOP IT.
The only class that can realistically pk primarily with a 2h is a water.
Warriors should only use 2h's to level with.

2. Warriors are supposed to be defensive, they are not. They need more defense - not more attack.

Liberty:
105+ Archer
120+ Trojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
From the Dictionary Of TQ Digital: Feature (noun): A bug/glitch that we were either too lazy or too inept to fix.
Fight is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2008, 18:40   #154
Kameko
FreeHugs

Kameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond reputeKameko has a reputation beyond repute
I say no. That picture is of a typical warrior who would be on the front lines as an enemy charged towards them. Typical spear(perhaps glaive in the picturescase?) and shield to hold out something sharp and pointing to the enemies charging and hold a defense. Its a stand ground warrior. Its also just a fancy image for CO's promotion. Its done by TQ for heavens sake, so you just got TQ'd, well done.

My reason for saying no other than the information above is; It would add a highly unfair advantage. Warriors are supposed to be the defense of the classes. Meant to be able to survive drawn out battles, with weaker attacks. It is also good against taos because the bonus of the shield, while using a blade, means they are protected and can FB a tao. It may not 1 hit like a trojans, but its fair game against the taos weaker attacks.

Adding the extra attack by using a 2 handed weapon along with the shield, and then adding the skill of the 2 hander, and the defense of the shield, it just makes it unfair don't you think?

I would think pure warrior wouldnt be so great. I dont think any pure is. Yes trojans and archers are overrated, but you need to mix and match. Wat>tro>war wouild make a great combo to make an awsome warrior! Hell tro>wat>war/ wat>war>war/ tro>war>war or even throwing archer into the mix would suit the warrior! Stig would give the extra attack, and reflect gives extra attack when its set off, and the shield = DEFENSE! not to mention the addition of exp shield!

You just need to work on your rb combos instead of trying to think of things for pure classes.

I would suggest TQ would actualy fix the classes gear! Trojans at the moment have higher defenced armor (A statistic produced my Durant in another thread) BUT, warriors are meant to be the defense class. ITs all about balance. Tro = strong attack weak defense, War = strong defense weak attack. It shouldnt be strong on both strength and defense on either class! So the trojans defense needs to be sorted out =.= Warriors shouldnt be made stronger. Thats like saying an archer should have more strength or a tao should have more def

To sum it all up, basicaly what this guy said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight View Post
Alright look...

1. If you're a warrior and you're trying to pk with a 2h STOP IT.
The only class that can realistically pk primarily with a 2h is a water.
Warriors should only use 2h's to level with.

2. Warriors are supposed to be defensive, they are not. They need more defense - not more attack.

I'll belive all your lies, just pretend you love me, make believe close your eyes, I'll be anything for you. Evanescence.
Kameko is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2008, 06:57   #155
DrakeArconis
Ex-Player

DrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond reputeDrakeArconis has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrakeArconis Send a message via MSN to DrakeArconis Send a message via Yahoo to DrakeArconis Send a message via Skype™ to DrakeArconis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameko View Post
I say no. That picture is of a typical warrior who would be on the front lines as an enemy charged towards them. Typical spear(perhaps glaive in the picturescase?) and shield to hold out something sharp and pointing to the enemies charging and hold a defense. Its a stand ground warrior. Its also just a fancy image for CO's promotion. Its done by TQ for heavens sake, so you just got TQ'd, well done.

My reason for saying no other than the information above is; It would add a highly unfair advantage. Warriors are supposed to be the defense of the classes. Meant to be able to survive drawn out battles, with weaker attacks. It is also good against taos because the bonus of the shield, while using a blade, means they are protected and can FB a tao. It may not 1 hit like a trojans, but its fair game against the taos weaker attacks.

Adding the extra attack by using a 2 handed weapon along with the shield, and then adding the skill of the 2 hander, and the defense of the shield, it just makes it unfair don't you think?

I would think pure warrior wouldnt be so great. I dont think any pure is. Yes trojans and archers are overrated, but you need to mix and match. Wat>tro>war wouild make a great combo to make an awsome warrior! Hell tro>wat>war/ wat>war>war/ tro>war>war or even throwing archer into the mix would suit the warrior! Stig would give the extra attack, and reflect gives extra attack when its set off, and the shield = DEFENSE! not to mention the addition of exp shield!

You just need to work on your rb combos instead of trying to think of things for pure classes.

I would suggest TQ would actualy fix the classes gear! Trojans at the moment have higher defenced armor (A statistic produced my Durant in another thread) BUT, warriors are meant to be the defense class. ITs all about balance. Tro = strong attack weak defense, War = strong defense weak attack. It shouldnt be strong on both strength and defense on either class! So the trojans defense needs to be sorted out =.= Warriors shouldnt be made stronger. Thats like saying an archer should have more strength or a tao should have more def

To sum it all up, basicaly what this guy said:
its kind messed up but the tro's high defense is basically needed to be able to pve and that requirement for basic in game survival has rather nerfed the tro's defense to where after playing both tro and wars they don't seem to have that much difference in defence and by working your weapon combo's effects (like using hammer for boom) you can add an extra "defensive combo" since the mob your attacking won't be able to attack you back while you can use a sword with nix for dmg on the mob or a club for the aoe dmg against surrounding mobs. if they could figure some way to fix the dmg for pvp you'd see a LOT more War's in gw since tros would suddenly have to start 2 hitting to overcome the armor while the wars with 2h would pwn and the shield club combo would begin wiping the board of tro's if it hit and aoe'd for a quick 2 hit combo
generally i find people who actually have lives don't get very worked up when some internet random makes humourous remarks about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooblyGoobly View Post
Good job, you just gave us the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I" as a defense. Simply astounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:JaK:. View Post
Most of the idiotic posts in this thread are becuase some people just don't have the attention span to read. I however, read the whole thread.
Life is Meaningless
T.Bear
DrakeArconis is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2008, 16:39   #156
X PrOmEtHeUs X

X PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to X PrOmEtHeUs X
signed.
Old 11-10-2008, 22:30   #157
Potnik
EsPeeAyEm

Location: Spam, glorious spam. Hot sausage and mustard. While were in the mood, cold jelly and custard. Please pudding and saveloys! What next is the question? Rich gentlemen have it, boys. Indigestion. Spam, glorious spam. Were anxious to try it.
Potnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond repute
Another thing - tq will never make pure skills.....it just doesnt make sense, business wise. tq wants ppl to make water>warr>xxx, because the dbs taht ppl will buy to get the water up to 130 will be tremendous. Putting in pure skills will take away some of ppls urges to make these water>warr>xxx, and they dont want that. Also, it just doesnt make sense for tq to put something in to take away from class mixing, which is what rb is all about...
Old 11-10-2008, 22:54   #158
GeneralZata
General

GeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond repute
ahh i see ive already voted on this one... but i do agree

Luv CO, Frustrated in CO's Leadership & Policies

My RPG's, Runescape(adventure), Conquer(action), Atlantica(Strategy)

POLL:House Upgrade- Battle Arena & Guild House

Poll: for cheaters, Jail + Payment + served time after pay

BBB: Better Business Bureau/customer reports on CO = F grade

EA Games Main - EA Games Forums

Poll: R u Happy & TQ/Netdragon Info
GeneralZata is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2008, 02:22   #159
LightOfAngel
Suomi prkl

LightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond repute
so if u guys want shield+2h then i suggest that shield should have lower defence

(2RB Warrior-Warrior-Warrior)
(lvl 135) <- playing on this acc more nowadays

(2RB Ninja-Ninja-Ninja)
(lvl 138) [TF Fixed, PS Fixed, CK Fixed] <- each skill i've fixed first on my server

Last update 26th Aug. 2011
LightOfAngel is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2008, 08:42   #160
GeneralZata
General

GeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralZata has a reputation beyond repute
I think the idea is to be able to use the spear and sheild, ive actually never tried it but if the spear is a 2h and traditional warriors i.e their idea of the greek 300 spartans, used spears and shield as well as sword and shield. But then again some cultures spears were 2h weapons.... so idk on this one im in the middle

Luv CO, Frustrated in CO's Leadership & Policies

My RPG's, Runescape(adventure), Conquer(action), Atlantica(Strategy)

POLL:House Upgrade- Battle Arena & Guild House

Poll: for cheaters, Jail + Payment + served time after pay

BBB: Better Business Bureau/customer reports on CO = F grade

EA Games Main - EA Games Forums

Poll: R u Happy & TQ/Netdragon Info
GeneralZata is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2008, 14:32   #161
X PrOmEtHeUs X

X PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the roughX PrOmEtHeUs X is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to X PrOmEtHeUs X
percent chance this will get implemented?
Old 11-12-2008, 14:36   #162
Potnik
EsPeeAyEm

Location: Spam, glorious spam. Hot sausage and mustard. While were in the mood, cold jelly and custard. Please pudding and saveloys! What next is the question? Rich gentlemen have it, boys. Indigestion. Spam, glorious spam. Were anxious to try it.
Potnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond reputePotnik has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by X PrOmEtHeUs X View Post
percent chance this will get implemented?
q
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire_danger_sign_large.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	94417  
Old 11-14-2008, 07:29   #163
cerberous/KiRA
KiRA

cerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond reputecerberous/KiRA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to cerberous/KiRA Send a message via Yahoo to cerberous/KiRA Send a message via Skype™ to cerberous/KiRA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrUmBLe View Post
i saw this pic and it made me mad
http://co.91.com/picfile/2007-10-22/...aryvi2g6.shtml

i was like KOOL a warrior can do this, carry a 2hander and a shield thats ****ing awesome.

and then i realized the pic was lying to me T_T

i suggest that a warrior > warrior > warrior can have like some sort of magic to be able to do what that pic shows us
(hold a shield and a 2hander)

we will probably see more people starting a warrior staying a warrior

* the 2hander should have a reduction in attack based on globex8191 below

* from globex8191

original post : http://bbs.co.91.com/showpost.php?p=...6&postcount=32

* EDITED

if your gonna view might as well vote
this is...sort of a good idea it would be awesome to have good def on a warior with a 2hander but itd be unfair for the other classes, because the warior is the only one that woud have a purebred skill, so mebe if other skills were invented for the other classes thered still be a balance, otherwise the servers will be overrun buy archers and wariors(cause theres already too many people in some servers)
KiRA/tro 130-xxx
RiKU/warior 120-xxx
slim_shady/water tao 115-xxx
mets/archer
gemly/fire tao
heavens~demon/merchant

RIP emyli sawagi u will be missed
Quote:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Quote:
trapped in limbo in great lakes IL (awaiting orders )
cerberous/KiRA is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2008, 03:03   #164
Euis

Euis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond reputeEuis has a reputation beyond repute
i think this is a good idea like have some kind of special skills like mana burn or double reflect or something or like we can ride a horse to speed up or attack faster for it's an XP skill.

i always want this idea for long!
Euis is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2008, 19:18   #165
CrUmBLe
Yoga > You

CrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond reputeCrUmBLe has a reputation beyond repute
bump

[Pyramid]
[Created July 2007 Creator & Owner]
[Name : CrUmBLe] - [Class : Water>Water] - [Level : 110>XXX]

[Pyramid]

[Created April 2005 Creator & Owner]
[GL of Inzerillo]
[Name : DeadPool] - [Class : Trojan>Trojan] - [Level : 130>XXX]

[CO 1.0 Dream]
[Created 2004 Creator & Owner]
[Name : DeadPool] - [Class : Trojan] - [Level : 26]
Quote: