View Poll Results: Should Monk class characters be able to choose hairstyles?
Yes. 11 61.11%
No. 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2012, 14:01   #1
TiF@
IPWNYOU.

TiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond repute
Choice of Hairstyles for Monk

Simple poll: Let Monk classes choose their hairstyle or not?
equals simple change; can't hurt to let 'em have hair!
At the moment, Monk classes in game do not have a choice of hairstyle.

With given defaults, they are either bald (if they're Male), or they're stuck with an 80's undo peacock hair (if they're Female). No variety means the same looking Monk class characters everywhere; in the Equipment-look setting. Monks fall short in the category of personality and choice when it comes to it...

Why can't Monks have hairstyle? Every other class does.

"Monks can't change their hairstyle, that's okay but there were monks with several "styles" of hair as far as I know. They are not all bald." -panda from PTR Review: Monk Test http://fan.co.91.com/jteam/report/event/panda_101202.shtml

P.S. If you disagree, please comment as to why. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 14:15   #2
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
This is one reason I chose to stick with my tro despite all monk's advantages.

They're all too ugly.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2012, 15:35   #3
TiF@
IPWNYOU.

TiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond reputeTiF@ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
This is one reason I chose to stick with my tro despite all monk's advantages.

They're all too ugly.
So you're saying ugliness shouldn't be changed so that the Monk class doesn't seem TOO alluring else we'd all be Monks, if I interpreted correctly.

I myself don't really care whether or not Monks get their hair, I just didn't understand why they didn't get hair. If Monks are supposed bald, then I'd rebut that with logic that female Monk characters should also be bald however female Monk characters aren't bald as well, so hairstyles should be an option for 'em.

And with regards to the few out there who do hold appearances higher than skill advantages, players who choose the Monk class will do it regardless. But it'd just be nice to see some variety.
Old 05-10-2012, 15:40   #4
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
That's like TQ's way of checks and balances.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2012, 15:51   #5
TiF@
IPWNYOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
That's like TQ's way of checks and balances.
I think TQ doesn't think things through instead. Their mindset... "Get Monk classes implemented = more DB purchases = more revenue = work fast and throw in any poorly thought out or not well thought out idea = OK Monks essentially are bald, or the belief of so = OK default hairstyle for male characters is bald and can't change = ok bb let the money poor in".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christian-Monk-Hairstyle-via-LIFE-Magazine.png
Views:	2080
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	147046  
Old 05-14-2012, 13:23   #6
MGofChaos

MGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond repute
i vote no cause that's what makes them unique, second TiF@ ur avi is amazing
MGofChaos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2012, 16:19   #7
TiF@
IPWNYOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGofChaos View Post
i vote no cause that's what makes them unique, second TiF@ ur avi is amazing
Lol, thanks. My avi's from a while back but yeah it's badass

& yeah I'm whatever on this, I was just wondering what were other people's opinion on this was.
Old 05-14-2012, 16:22   #8
MercuryWater
Grrrrrrrrr

MercuryWater is on a distinguished road
I voted NO because there are so many other important fixes to be made before we start considering how your metro-sexual hairdo is going to look.

Plus, the way things are going the game will be over soon.
Botter: i am not using such thing. but how is your day
GM:Great and yours?
Botter: Fine Fine hows the weather?
GM: I have to go now Have a nice day.
~~~~~~~~~~
Masterpiece by Kaypee
MercuryWater is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2012, 16:32   #9
TiF@
IPWNYOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryWater View Post
I voted NO because there are so many other important fixes to be made before we start considering how your metro-sexual hairdo is going to look.

Plus, the way things are going the game will be over soon.
If you read before you posted, I clearly said I was seeking for opinions of others...not to change the game. If you have changes you'd wish to see happen, be my guest and go post your suggestion. But at the moment I don't see any of your suggestions laying around so rather than complain, go do something about it and stop trolling your emotions on other player's suggestions.

-Kthnxbai.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:34   #10
king-ju
Weedator !

king-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond reputeking-ju has a reputation beyond repute
I am rly happy to see this theard today, cauze since i am monk i am rly sad to be bald and each day i think.. Whyy us ..... I love the monk armor, but i don t like see me bald....

So +1 for TiF@ and the ideas,

And i would like to add an option, TQ showed us in the VIP Avarats, if Monk must stay bald, why not create Tattoos Hair style... Or Tatoo Face style... It could be a good option, Monk could be the bald class, but possibility to have Tattoos on the head or face or both, and why not maybe beard ! xD

MercuryWater say the true too, there is more important things to fix first, but we all know they don t ignore the others things, they just don t know how to fix, but they r good to create useless things ^^ so more hair styles and garment are coming !

Selon que vous serez puissant ou misÚrable, Les jugements de cour vous rendront blanc ou noir. J. de la Fontaine

Last edited by king-ju; 05-18-2012 at 07:36.
king-ju is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2012, 22:52   #11
EvoArch
Icarus

EvoArch is on a distinguished road
Tq did do there research. Monks have always been bald in real life. If you knew something about the classes more then what you see youd know that chinese monks are bald. Look it up. Theyre all bald.

Cpt.Secksy: as of now pure wat 117 (going to 120)

icarus-arch-arch 127 (semi-active)

Evolution
Guild-Student Council
EvoArch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: