View Poll Results: Do you believe botting makes the game better or do you believe that it makes the game a waste of tim
Yes, i believe botting is a much better means of accomplshing goals on this game 83 45.86%
No, botters make the game unfun and leave honest players high and dry 98 54.14%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2009, 11:39   #1
Lamb
Banned

Location: Currently pursuing my education somewhere in the American Midwest. It's cold. And full of polite white people.
Lamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond repute
Botting Debate - No flames.

EDIT: I did not name this thread, nor did I start this thread. The following was in response to a discussion that was edited out. Why, I do not know.

What kind of a philosophical worldview promotes botting?

I mean, how do you intellectually justify it?

Full disclosure: I am neither for nor against botting in itself. So no bias.

Last edited by Lamb; 06-04-2009 at 16:33.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 11:49   #2
CID

CID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
What kind of a philosophical worldview promotes botting?

I mean, how do you intellectually justify it?

Full disclosure: I am neither for nor against botting in itself. So no bias.

I'm at school and I don't have time to discuss. However, think of botting as a cheaper, slower way of "bulking".

It still promotes gameplay (considering our current generation is very lazy, and continually increasing).

I believe botting levels out games, as long as the bots do not provide an unfair advantage over player vs player combat (which of course a certain bot does).

This game is so inflated by Bulking that botting is not what you should be worried about in PVP. (However, a botter and bulker combo is a killer combination, nearly unstoppable )

People want power, what they can't achieve in real life they seek in the game.

Last edited by CID; 06-04-2009 at 11:51.
CID is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 11:54   #3
Lamb
Banned

Location: Currently pursuing my education somewhere in the American Midwest. It's cold. And full of polite white people.
Lamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CID View Post
I'm at school and I don't have time to discuss. However, think of botting as a cheaper, slower way of "bulking".

It still promotes gameplay (considering our current generation is very lazy, and continually increasing).

I believe botting levels out games, as long as the bots do not provide an unfair advantage over player vs player combat (which of course a certain bot does).

This game is so inflated by Bulking that botting is not what you should be worried about in PVP. (However, a botter and bulker combo is a killer combination, nearly unstoppable )

People want power, what they can't achieve in real life they seek in the game.
In this game botting levels the playing field when it comes to levelling and making money.

In a sense it is justified because TQ goes the other way, hurting the players and helping the payers.

I agree there.

But what about in other games. I tend to think that if someone likes to develop a bot for one game, they like to develop a bot in all games. Is that true or are you 100% against botting in a fair game?
Old 06-04-2009, 16:24   #4
DarkRage
StealthMod

DarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond repute
I moved these posts from another deleted thread. Your question is a good one Lamb.

In this life you can hate/love. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you're at peace with yourself morally.

By overdose to Stellios:

and how is it going with the nose, Pinocchio? Has it explored any new universes yet?

By Shifter:

A Fire's essence is the anger that burns in a Trojan when he runs out of pots and flees like a MOFO to get more...

EX-MOD OF COMMUNITY, TORNADO, TIGER & DARK
REGIONAL MOD OF CONSTELLATIONS
DarkRage is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 16:34   #5
Lamb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRage View Post
I moved these posts from another deleted thread. Your question is a good one Lamb.
Could the entire thread have been moved to Off-Topic? I feel like this thread lacks the necessary context otherwise.

Either way no biggie. It's worth registering that otherwise rational, just, law-abiding people think botting on CO is necessary in order to keep up with others.
Old 06-04-2009, 16:40   #6
Shakua
Renogade

Shakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond repute
There be no reason to bot in a fair game, then it just makes the playing field uneven (but this is only pertaining to level bots only)

With conquer, level bot is nothing compared to all the exp tq gives out in quest, quizes, dis city and does absolutly noting for the fair playing field. Levels no longer make you stronger then sombody else, and skill dosen't either
Auto potter+bulker =godly
Auto Aimer +bulker= God
So new players that start up that want to compete on the playing field? Get a level botter and bot moonbox, in a year you MIGHT be able to compete with said bulker with auto pot and aimer haha
Uktabi~Wildcat 130 trojan

Lol im now the oldest trojan/archer in sapphire/emerald put together

few noobs in liberty
Shakua is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 16:43   #7
XArcherX

XArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond reputeXArcherX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
It's worth registering that otherwise rational, just, law-abiding people think botting on CO is necessary in order to keep up with others.
It's almost a requirement bulk, bot or quit those are your choices...

Basic Game Etiquette
KS'ing (Kill Stealing) 101

Where I play:
Emerald
Medusa (merged 8/4/08 with Pegasus)
Pegasus

Guild: ~Demostrate~
GL: MMAndy
DL's: Scream, Xamnas~III, Mistress~Morwen
XArcherX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 16:55   #8
Tippin Cows
Root beer!

Tippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond reputeTippin Cows has a reputation beyond repute
I think botting is perfectly fine as long as it's for leveling. With the way bulkers DB level their asses off, and buy exp balls like nobody's business, it's almost a necessity unless you want to be below 120 2nd rb for 6 months.
Tippin Cows is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 21:27   #9
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
I would say botting in general is like the low road. For whatever reasons, you decide that you can't/don't want to play the game as it was made, and so you will use something to give yourself an advantage over others (maybe not all others, but we'll say a good percentage). In MMO's I think thats bad, simply because of the nature of the game. Time = progress. Be it farming for money, leveling, or whatever. To have something automatically do it for you just destroys the point of whoever works the hardest can be the best. That, in my opinion, is the true core of these games. Now granted, not all games are "balanced" as others, but if I was given the choice to play I probably wouldn't. There's just too many games out there I could play, and these games are especially time consuming.
This should not be confused with cheating, like what happens in regular games. up up down down left right left right a b a b select start is still full of win.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 21:44   #10
Shakua
Renogade

Shakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond reputeShakua has a reputation beyond repute
Time no longer = progress on conquer i would say
Levels no longer give you a better chance to win
Does that give a right to botting ? no
But that might explain some mental processes
leveling to 130 is no longer an accomplishment
That time spent leveling to 130 is not progress
But a click of 15.99 sure will get you somewhere

few noobs in liberty
Old 06-04-2009, 21:49   #11
jackoffthebox
Banned

jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
Yet TQ turns its head when bulkers use hacks. You jail them they stop buying DBs?
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 21:53   #12
Shakua
Renogade

they only jail the stupid bulkers they know would pay to get out

few noobs in liberty
Old 06-04-2009, 22:46   #13
Tungsten

Tungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond reputeTungsten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tungsten
It's like this don't play RPG's if you don't want to level thats basically core concept to them or if you want to play an RPG just for pvp play wow PTR servers free full gears max level nothing but pvp. And saying how it levels with bulkers is wrong i killed the top bulking fire tao on the server the other day 5 times before she showed up. And another trojan who has full maxed out gears got all his equips by doing nothing but botting.
Sammyg16226- Tro-War-Fire 122/129/131

Default- 128 Ninja
Pheonix:
ShadowFire- 87 Fire Tao
Centuar
Illusion- 97 Fire tao
Monster and Demon Hunter Quest Bugs
http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=439919
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDealer73 View Post
You dropped your laptop and it stopped working, so you're blaming Vista?
Stopped playing wow months ago busy with school and my alcoholism.

Blood Elf Warlock-Level 85
Tauren Death Knight-83
Tungsten is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009, 22:52   #14
Shakua
Renogade

Botting in general? would say no its not good
but game guard on fly for fun is uber, maybe next to impossible bot, only multi client works

then would you say its fair for a user to have 3 computers in his house vs the player doing 2 clients on one computer cause he cant afford to run 3 computers?

also play a online server with over 300 player base, nobody cheats no reason too due to being party based

few noobs in liberty
Old 06-04-2009, 23:30   #15
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
In co if you dont buy DBs or dont use any cheat like boting for example you are nothing. You can be genius, you can know everything about co but any retard who pay enough to to win will win. Especialy now when talismans came out. If player s*cks at fb ss he just zaps enemy with his almighty thunder. And if you dont pay and are no genius the only way to win is to cheat.
Well there is still one way left for you... play 8-12 hours each day and work hard all the time. But if you find killing same monsters in one place for several hours stright fun i feel sory for u.
You have to admit that CO is boring and repetitive. The only thing to do here is chat with friends or fight. And as if you dont pay or cheat there is not much you can fight against.
Boting in general... What fun is it to play if someone plays for you? Its same like buying a complete account. Its not you who made it, its bot. But its a human nature. People are lazy. And they want to feel strong. Nobody care about making everything with your own hands, with your own eforts. Show me top player in any server and i will show you DB buyer/cheater
CO is free to play pay (bot) to win

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: