Old 05-28-2009, 16:34   #1
GallantX

GallantX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GallantX Send a message via MSN to GallantX Send a message via Yahoo to GallantX
Angry Phoenix Castle Gem lost

I was trying to socket a Super DragonGem to my armor and someone came by and pked me, and lost gem. Logically, wouldn't it make more sense to put the gem socket inside of the Market? This is not the first time this has happened, but with lower gems (normal and refined). I have worked for hours on trying to get this damn gem and losing it only took 1 hit.
Old 05-28-2009, 16:39   #2
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
well, use a hi level archer or a divine hare

sit there and watch before you get gem

use a new character below level 26

sorry for your loss
Doc.ackerson is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2009, 16:41   #3
GallantX

GallantX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GallantX Send a message via MSN to GallantX Send a message via Yahoo to GallantX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post

sorry for your loss
I'm using a warrior so it's not like I can do any of that stuff
Old 05-28-2009, 16:49   #4
XenosthePwn

XenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond reputeXenosthePwn has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Geeze

Use a character under level 26? Then why is the socket guy in an area starting above 30? Besides that, you would still drop the gem if you were any level above 15. Now that we have this new security system, it makes it impossible to transfer items with high battle power and such, on a character with no other gear to match/beat it. If you give the armor and gem to the lower character to socket safely, great, you did it. Now how are you supposed to trade it back? I don't see how it's so much a hassle to just implement the gem socket NPC in the market, all they have to do is move him from phoenix castle.
XenosthePwn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2009, 17:17   #5
eeyore

eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallantX View Post
I was trying to socket a Super DragonGem to my armor and someone came by and pked me, and lost gem. Logically, wouldn't it make more sense to put the gem socket inside of the Market? This is not the first time this has happened, but with lower gems (normal and refined). I have worked for hours on trying to get this damn gem and losing it only took 1 hit.
CO has been around what, 6 years and people have dealt with this since then? Why don't they just move the NPC's into the market, eliminate the monsters and everything will be done from the market. then they can officially rename the game to CP online.

QQ and move on. You sissies would not have lasted a day 3 years ago.

If you spend your day worrying about tomorrow, you'll miss the joys that could have been today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sonne*
oh Loosh, I love stroking your...keyboard. It feels so great
Join the lawsuit against TQ for illegal banning of characters!
eeyore is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2009, 17:31   #6
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenosthePwn View Post
Use a character under level 26? Then why is the socket guy in an area starting above 30? Besides that, you would still drop the gem if you were any level above 15. Now that we have this new security system, it makes it impossible to transfer items with high battle power and such, on a character with no other gear to match/beat it. If you give the armor and gem to the lower character to socket safely, great, you did it. Now how are you supposed to trade it back? I don't see how it's so much a hassle to just implement the gem socket NPC in the market, all they have to do is move him from phoenix castle.

do what you want. It is a way to do it more safely.
Old 05-28-2009, 17:38   #7
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post

sorry for your loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallantX View Post
I'm using a warrior so it's not like I can do any of that stuff

you cant go there and see whats going on for 5-10 minutes?

you have played since 2006 and do not have a character with divine hare?

you have no archer in 3 years?
Old 05-28-2009, 17:42   #8
SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyBoi has a reputation beyond repute
Why is this in bugs? You got killed and something dropped, isn't that supposed to happen?
SunnyBoi is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2009, 19:30   #9
Decado

Decado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Why is this in bugs? You got killed and something dropped, isn't that supposed to happen?
but.. but.. but.... it bugs him!

Decado is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2009, 01:54   #10
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
wait aquarius -.o

o lolz tht ws u. yea sum flashin bluenamed ran off to market outa pc, happened to pass n ss'd him for the heck of it, dropped the gem n i got it lol.. if i read this post one hour earlier, i could've given it back but now its socketed in one of ma weps lol
*~panda~* is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2009, 04:16   #11
TheLionsHeart
Fire Tao

TheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTheLionsHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to TheLionsHeart
Quote:
This whole post is full of fail. First off that NPC has been there forever. It was meant to be a risk when socketing gems. The reason he chose level 26 as the level is because NO character under 26 can be pked in PC. Since I am sure you will bring this up too, no you can't walk with a level 1 noob through PC, but thats why they have the scrolls. It is a noob safe zone. The security systems has ways around that... It is called Trade Partner. it takes 72 hours. With the amount of time you say you spent getting the gem, I am sure you could have managed to trade partner a noob.

You are correct it would be easy to move the npc, I am honestly surprised they haven't already. Every other good npc that was good to pk by has been moved there.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:24   #12
ananta...~v.4
Banned

Location: Suomi prkl!!!!!!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 113 = 11628
ananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond reputeananta...~v.4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
QQ and move on. You sissies would not have lasted a day 3 years ago.
This is the very sad truth.
ananta...~v.4 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2009, 16:20   #13
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
Nerfing the game even more??

There's gotta be SOME risk...
Hell, you can mark the gear it's self as owned (safe)...

...Plus, Panda's gotta have SOMEONE to PK... ;P

Trick is.. make it less obvious you're about to socket... use screen shift to bring the atrisan to edge of screen, grab item from warehouse, and then socket... I got lucky when I'd originally tried... I got close to socket NPC... then killed 3 times in a row... Lost a NMG vs the SDG I was socketing.
Draconis71 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2009, 16:30   #14
~help*me~
apathetic*

~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute~help*me~ has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
its called make a dam merch acc they can trade anything...... tp them yea takes 72 hours .............as long as they under lvl 15 they cant drop ****......if ur tarded enoughto hit a guard or get killed by bandit......under 26 cant b pked....o yea dont hav any blessed gear on noob cas they CAN drop **** if gears blessed....................Also stop ur dam *****in.....ppl lik u r y we cant pk in tc anymore......used to pk the hell pouta ppl spammin mets in tc and if i got lucky they had dbs on them..........but hell that was years ago wen CO was still a decent game...........btw u still hav to socket ur weps in BI wich is far more pk oreinted than pc...so stop whinin.....
~help*me~ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2009, 17:28   #15
Nibor
****shitup

Location: In Nairn, situated in the Highlands of Scotland about 17 miles due west of the bustling city of Inverness, we have quite a nice beach here, its won some awards I think, great for tourists, buy your plane ticket now for just 399.99 per person
Nibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond reputeNibor has a reputation beyond repute
Get over it, you lost a gem cus you weren't careful enough, I've seen and done worse than losing a DB worth of stuff in far less time.

Its part of the game, don't be a noob and complain, just quit.

Zaroc: 130-130-120 Warrior-Warrior-Warrior...

FruitLoops: 110-130 Water-Trojan...

Kami: 110-130 Water-Water...

Quit?
Nibor is offline   Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: