View Poll Results: What status do I have?
Buyer 42 60.00%
Bulker 28 40.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2009, 15:10   #31
MysticJustin
I Saw That

MysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond reputeMysticJustin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaCoolGurl View Post
Money waster...
Is not this better =o
PS3/Xbox360 $400+...

Games $60

Amount of time you play each game on average - 10 hours.

DBs : 5-$15.99... bulk 125 -$340

Amount of time you play CO average - years.

Which is more worth it?

I've been playing co for over 5 years, i'd say it is a better investment to spend that money on DBs then to buy a game for a different system, play it for a day, and shelf it...

A person is smart, people are stupid.

I play some server somewhere with some chars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
How can I put this best.....
Not just no, but heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A|ex View Post
Sometimes it's hard to believe that ur a gm.
Quote:
I'm a man of the people. Sometimes, you just have to speak in a language they'll understand.
MysticJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 15:15   #32
Light~Shadow
Twilight

Light~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeLight~Shadow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstNameEver View Post
If you got the money and you wanna spend it, go for it. No issues with people who do that. For people that have extra cash, why not spend it on something you enjoy?

Just don't expect to get respect from buying a ****ton of DBs. Respect is earned, not bought. Gears can be bought and in some cases even skill can be bought, but respect can't be bought.
once your a bulker, everyone who don't buy dbs a hater, don't even give a chance to let the person earn their respect

130(Water)>130(Water)>131(Water)

[S] Cap +8 STG STG -5
[S] Bag +6 STG STG -5 P3
[S] Bracelet +6 SDG SDG -5
[S] Mana Bs +8 SPG SPG -3 p6
[S] Robe +6 STG STG -5
[S] Boots +5 STG STG -5
[S] Fan +7 STG RTG-1
[S] Tower +7 SGG SGG -1
[S] Crop +6
Steed +6
Royal Ape -1
Palm Leaf Fan -1
Miracle Gourd -1
Fancy Azure -1

Quote:
And there's going to be a bacon shortage, too. Twin City may never recover.
Light~Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 15:45   #33
Clenk~V.8
Banned

Clenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light~Shadow View Post
once your a bulker, everyone who don't buy dbs a hater, don't even give a chance to let the person earn their respect
That is because they get the attitude that they are better than everyone else.
Clenk~V.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 16:54   #34
problemsabound

problemsabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Bulking - Buying who cares

I agree with the point that if you spend some money on a game to get some benefit out of it when you are going to be playing for years like me (5+) it's not a big deal compared to what you would spend on a p2p game. However, the statement (in essence) that you should pay for something anyway, even though it is marketed as free is a fairly unintelligible thing in my opinion. If everyone playing wanted to pay for a game to play, they probably wouldn't be playing CO.

I digress; I personally have spent about $30 over 5 years in playing this game. What keeps me from spending any real money on this game is the fact that CO makes no effort what-so-ever to police the rampant botting/cheating that goes on in their game. They know it and they don't care as long as people keep buying DBs they are happy. So, yes I continue to play, I don't complain about buyers that is their choice. My only concern with it is the fact that they are supporting a company who doesn't care about their game or the players experience at all, only the cash.

130-130-128 Pure Tro

120-112 Arch-Arch

131 Arch

130-115 Fire-Fire

110-92 Water-War
problemsabound is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 17:08   #35
donkey132
Rockstar

donkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond reputedonkey132 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.8 View Post
That is because they get the attitude that they are better than everyone else.
yeah this is the only problem I have with bulkers. I honestly don't care if you think co is a good investment then go for it. It just seems that most bulkers have huge egos. (notice I said most, I have met a few really down to earth bulkers)
donkey132 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 17:13   #36
theRationalOne

theRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond reputetheRationalOne has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemsabound View Post
I personally have spent about $30 over 5 years in playing this game. What keeps me from spending any real money on this game is the fact that CO makes no effort what-so-ever to police the rampant botting/cheating that goes on in their game. They know it and they don't care as long as people keep buying DBs they are happy.
I've been saying this since a few months after I started playing. That was nearly 4 years ago. "I'll start buying dbs when they implement some decent code based cheat prevention measures." <-- Typed that exact same message in guild chat a few months after I started playing. It took them years to finally stop non dc speedhacking. Meanwhile people still use SV and other semi-private cheats/bots. It took a ****ing bot epidemic of people using cid (and then 5bot) to make them actually fix some of their sloppy coding.

If they actually cared they would change the key once in awhile (when was the last time? seriously). Changing it every maint. would prevent almost any proxy.. since cracking it takes awhile without a large amount of resources.
theRationalOne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 17:55   #37
Noxette~9
Banned

Noxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond reputeNoxette~9 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Noxette~9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light~Shadow View Post
I brought 3 bulks. I had, and still have the respect of many players on my server
Noxette~9 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 18:10   #38
Radna
I am Drugs

Radna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond reputeRadna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey132 View Post
off topic but I'm curious...what job do all these eggys have that allow them to blow so much money on this game? I always thought egypt was a poor country...was i misinformed?
Arabs get dbs half off, or at least that's what I heard.
"Oh, I'm not a percussionist, I just like to hit things." Tom Waits
"I entered these novelty rooms to go changed after swimming and was confronted by a lizard that I subdue have confidence in would contain filled a shoe box."
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Radna is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 18:18   #39
ff7CloudRX3
Banned

ff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond reputeff7CloudRX3 has a reputation beyond repute
its sad that u actually care that people call you a bulker... why make this thread? lolz
ff7CloudRX3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 19:31   #40
skyscan
RdyFireAim

skyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond reputeskyscan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazirem View Post
As some one else said tho, this baseball game probably wasnt advertised as free to watch, as CO seems to try and pride itself on having a "free to play" game. I'll steal your metaphor for this.

Baseball game is advertised as completely free to play, you think "great, i can enjoy this without having to spend a single penny".

You get to the seating, suddenly someone who has paid to get in, stands RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. You cant see the game properly, because someone who paid gets an advantage compared to you, even though you have been told its a free game.

You find you either need to spend some money yourself in order to enjoy it, or the game is ruined by someone who paid for a free game.

MAYBE
would u still think that it's free when all the baseball fans r telling u it's not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey132 View Post
off topic but I'm curious...what job do all these eggys have that allow them to blow so much money on this game? I always thought egypt was a poor country...was i misinformed?
I did too! Until I realized most egys = kids = steal mommy's credit card. BTW: if u have internet in egypt ur rich >.>

BUT the biggest bulker in glory is hella rich (lives in UAE) and works in some giant mosk that has the biggest carpet in the world xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7CloudRX3 View Post
its sad that u actually care that people call you a bulker... why make this thread? lolz
please quote me where i said i was self-conscious of people's opinions. don't worry, i'll wait.
i made this thread to know what a "bulker" is in everyone else's eyes. cause to me i thought it was some guy who spent a lot of money on conquer and not use the gear efficiently, thus needing it dearly. but apparently i'm wrong.

i'm not considered a bad fber, even go as far to say "good" fber, but still people said i was a bulker. so i began to revise my opinion of what 1 is. so i asked the forums, cause they're ALWAYS so helpful.

here's my fb vid xD: WATCH IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfv_HKbQ3zI
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemsabound View Post
I agree with the point that if you spend some money on a game to get some benefit out of it when you are going to be playing for years like me (5+) it's not a big deal compared to what you would spend on a p2p game. However, the statement (in essence) that you should pay for something anyway, even though it is marketed as free is a fairly unintelligible thing in my opinion. If everyone playing wanted to pay for a game to play, they probably wouldn't be playing CO.

I digress; I personally have spent about $30 over 5 years in playing this game. What keeps me from spending any real money on this game is the fact that CO makes no effort what-so-ever to police the rampant botting/cheating that goes on in their game. They know it and they don't care as long as people keep buying DBs they are happy. So, yes I continue to play, I don't complain about buyers that is their choice. My only concern with it is the fact that they are supporting a company who doesn't care about their game or the players experience at all, only the cash.
as stated (somewhere) this is a p2w game (pay to win)

Last edited by skyscan; 08-23-2009 at 20:10.
skyscan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 20:04   #41
SighReally
Jizzus

SighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond reputeSighReally has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SighReally
I had a 293 pot ful +8 cept boots an tallys which were +7 ALL -7 FOR FREE
egy-pharo-allah
Gears:
Some Really Really Really Good Gears.
Trust me I'm a minority

Quit
SighReally is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 22:10   #42
Yachiru!
Winner

Yachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond reputeYachiru! has a reputation beyond repute
The way i see it and probably many other people, Wether playing CO atm or not, Is that buying 125 dbs (a bulk, I might be wrong im an idiot and its 1 am ) regardless if you bought it in small packs or one full bulk is basically being a bulker, Since youve still bought a whole bunch of dbs. Im like a half a bulker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orskarpion View Post
Your better than good, youre the BEST
Yachiru! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 22:43   #43
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
I think it merely comes down to how you would define the term "bulker". For some people, it's just someone that buys bulks. For others, it's anyone with high level gear that kills you. Doesn't matter whether they know if they bought or not.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2009, 22:48   #44
T.I.Marbury!!!?
Banned

T.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond reputeT.I.Marbury!!!? has a reputation beyond repute
uggg bulking is necessary now.. no need 2 argue...

if u buy enough 2 become top 25 on ur server u bulk

seriously not worth spending money on this game cuz ur always gonna need 2 spend more... n for what ur buying the support sucks if u were 2 lose it.

y support tq... buying or bulking
T.I.Marbury!!!? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2009, 15:09   #45
Decado

Decado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much everybody is a bulker now.

I remember when the 'bulkers' only spent 100 bucks or so to get good gear. Now that seems to be the norm. The CPs, the market thing, everything revolves around making you spend more money on the game to remain competitive.

To me a bulker is anybody that spends money on DBs just to gain an advantage over other players. Buying a few DBs here and there, whatever, your money.... but buying 500 bucks worth of DBs just to become 'instant' noobwonder is kind of a waste of money(at least to me).

That baseball analogy, I kind of like it. Free baseball game!

You enter, you get a seat. Then people pay to sit in front of you, pay to get a hot dog, pay for popcorn and a beer. Then they redo the stadium so that its open, no shade from the sun(while being in the middle of the desert) and of course no AC. The price for water or any other drink gets pumped way up. Parking prices get pumped up. You are then forced to be in the nosebleed seats and bino's are banned, unless of course you 'rent' a pair from them for 40 bucks.

Suddenly a free game turns into a nightmare, or you end up spending more than you would if you had gone to a regular baseball game and paid the price for the ticket. Conquer vs. WoW(and other games you pay to play)

What I love seeing all the douchebags that say 'all you that dont buy DBs need to STFU, us bulkers keep this game free to play!'.. wah wah cry me a river.

THAT is the 'ego' that I think quite a few speak of about the majority of bulkers. BTW I've spent about 75 bucks on this game in the 5-6 years that I've played this game. Nope, not playing at the moment either, but I may have to come back when the horsies come around, that should be funny to see.

anyways, bulkers suck(big donkey d.i.c.k., or camel dong I suppose would be the saying these days). the game will always cater to those that pay ****loads of money into it and those that use the 'free to play' thing will still get **** on.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Decado; 08-24-2009 at 15:14. Reason: because it censored Richard
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: