View Poll Results: Do you believe botting makes the game better or do you believe that it makes the game a waste of tim
Yes, i believe botting is a much better means of accomplshing goals on this game 83 45.86%
No, botters make the game unfun and leave honest players high and dry 98 54.14%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2009, 12:37   #46
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
Nibor's post is kinda how I see it too.

Is it TQ's fault? In an ideal game should there be absolutely no reason to bot?
even if there was an ideal game (there has YET to be such a thing) people would still bot in it. because they think it's cool to show off with a bunch of stuff that not everyone has. (this is not true because others will in turn bot and be the same)
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2009, 13:49   #47
Decado

Decado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond reputeDecado has a reputation beyond repute
What it comes down to(for me at least) is... 'is botting cheating?' yes

It doesn't matter if the 'bot' helps in PvP, or helps you level faster, or aim better.. it is still cheating.

The game was made, rules were set in place. That is how you should play the game. If you don't like it, well there are quite a few other online games to play.

Whether the game caters to 'bulkers' doesn't change anything. That is how TQ has decided to take this game with its changes.

Just because Wallmart charges 15 bucks for a pair of jeans and Target charges 25 bucks for the same pair, wouldn't make it acceptable to steal the jeans from Target.... would it?

I don't think you can look at this 'debate' as a .. 'well its ok to use this bot, but not that bot'. Its a all or nothing... black and white issue to me.

Either botting is ok, or it isn't.

Its not ok for me.

No I don't 'bulk', no I don't like where TQ has gone with conquer(for the last couple of years). Yes I played a bit, probably leaving again for other games.

And before people try to compair it to poker where people can say 'dueces wild'.... or 'one eyed jacks are wild'. That is fine to me. Yes it changes the rules from the games original intent, BUT it changes it for ALL players. Botting changes it for that one person that decides to bot.

Decado is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2009, 17:12   #48
._.
Banned

._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute._. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You've got to be kidding me? " Play honestly " bla bla bla

Do you seriously think someone would play all good without abusing bugs, botting etc.... knowing that your years of work could easily be outdone by a bulking ***got in 5 minutes. Rofl... and you actually call it fair? Funny.
^
._. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2009, 17:28   #49
DarkRage
StealthMod

DarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond reputeDarkRage has a reputation beyond repute
@lamb

I moved your post out of a deleted thread, (the thread creator deleted it hence I didn't put his post here). Your question/point of view was interesting and I thought it would make for a good and sensible discussion, (which it has).

In this life you can hate/love. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you're at peace with yourself morally.

By overdose to Stellios:

and how is it going with the nose, Pinocchio? Has it explored any new universes yet?

By Shifter:

A Fire's essence is the anger that burns in a Trojan when he runs out of pots and flees like a MOFO to get more...

EX-MOD OF COMMUNITY, TORNADO, TIGER & DARK
REGIONAL MOD OF CONSTELLATIONS
DarkRage is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2009, 18:26   #50
Lamb
Banned

Location: Currently pursuing my education somewhere in the American Midwest. It's cold. And full of polite white people.
Lamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRage View Post
@lamb

I moved your post out of a deleted thread, (the thread creator deleted it hence I didn't put his post here). Your question/point of view was interesting and I thought it would make for a good and sensible discussion, (which it has).
Grazie.

On another note, I got the weirdest +Rep comment ever.

Link
Quote:
Botting Debate - No... 06-06-2009 18:50 Lack of skills, easy way out of the noobiness, egyness.
Wtf does that even mean?
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2009, 21:47   #51
CID

CID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond repute
No, I am against botting as long as the game is good, I played this game since it came out (however quit a long time ago), it was a lot better back then, easier to level, and get to a competitive level (which is what this game is all about).

I've played many MMORPGs and MMOs. Most are very unbalanced, full of bugs, hacks, etc... However, some do stand out.

Of course, like all would say, WoW is a good game to play without bots, especially for the first character. It has a fairly interesting story line ( however quite a lot of walking), and it's somewhat hard to get skilled at due to the wide range of game options. There is no Economic instability (since no gold thrown into the game by the company it's self), however those little ***** gold farmers do get in. I've only bought gold once, and it was to get my artisan flying.
The gear is fairly easy to achieve, even at a competitive level, and many places to fight, 1 similar to conquer (Wintergrasp), where you can basically kill anyone (since there are so many players and range of skills) without being full epic.
In conclusion, WoW does not require bots, it's one of the most stable game's I've ever played (however quit few months ago due to loss of interest in 3d mmorpgs).

Like I said, you can only get to a certain point with botting, after that you pretty much need to bulk if you want to advance at the same rate that you have gotten with botting.

Botting is now a necessity (that or spend a lot of time clicking and clicking), especially to get to the level where you can kill the egys. Potency (bp now) , blessing, and talismans brought the real imbalance to this game. I remember the good old days when I was owning (1 hitting) on full 2 soc +6 trojans with a 1 soc +4/+5 water.

This game is already ****, botting isn't really doing much to help it (although I believe it helps on some level). Game isn't going to get better, especially with the addition of new bulker features (potency,blessing,talismans,+12,lvl 137, db lvling,donation system)

That's my belief. If you think it's wrong, prove it so, I'm open to others opinions.
CID is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 01:57   #52
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CID View Post
No, I am against botting as long as the game is good, I played this game since it came out (however quit a long time ago), it was a lot better back then, easier to level, and get to a competitive level (which is what this game is all about).

I've played many MMORPGs and MMOs. Most are very unbalanced, full of bugs, hacks, etc... However, some do stand out.

Of course, like all would say, WoW is a good game to play without bots, especially for the first character. It has a fairly interesting story line ( however quite a lot of walking), and it's somewhat hard to get skilled at due to the wide range of game options. There is no Economic instability (since no gold thrown into the game by the company it's self), however those little ***** gold farmers do get in. I've only bought gold once, and it was to get my artisan flying.
The gear is fairly easy to achieve, even at a competitive level, and many places to fight, 1 similar to conquer (Wintergrasp), where you can basically kill anyone (since there are so many players and range of skills) without being full epic.
In conclusion, WoW does not require bots, it's one of the most stable game's I've ever played (however quit few months ago due to loss of interest in 3d mmorpgs).

Like I said, you can only get to a certain point with botting, after that you pretty much need to bulk if you want to advance at the same rate that you have gotten with botting.

Botting is now a necessity (that or spend a lot of time clicking and clicking), especially to get to the level where you can kill the egys. Potency (bp now) , blessing, and talismans brought the real imbalance to this game. I remember the good old days when I was owning (1 hitting) on full 2 soc +6 trojans with a 1 soc +4/+5 water.

This game is already ****, botting isn't really doing much to help it (although I believe it helps on some level). Game isn't going to get better, especially with the addition of new bulker features (potency,blessing,talismans,+12,lvl 137, db lvling,donation system)

That's my belief. If you think it's wrong, prove it so, I'm open to others opinions.
So after you bot lvl in the end you'd be something around still what the average player is. Maybe full elite and a super or something till you do the quests etc. Then what? You got 2 options: bulk / farm chars (be them waters or warriors) or cheat and hit everyone with a 100% chance of winning but then again a program is doing all the winning. You also become something near what you yourself were once hating: someone that others got no chance against because it's not fair to pit someone that always wins vs someone that would probably win if there wasn't such a difference.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-07-2009, 02:32   #53
Raptordin
EGY Raptor

Raptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond reputeRaptordin has a reputation beyond repute
Level Botting =:) PVP Botting = :(

After years of Playing this Game and witnessing all the changes that did screw it up, I have to agree that it became a necessity to Lvl Bot these days.

The only fun remaining in this game is PVP, if you pvp Bot you are a loser and every one will know that. Going to Arena/Jail/GA and PK the hell out of each other is the only fun remaining.
But to do that you will have to be lvl 130+ (No one will even consider playing you if you are less).

A lot of Games do have their own Built in Bots that help with lvling and Item collection and selling.
Magic World Online is a perfet example of that, You set your Robot to Hunt in the specific Map you set it to, COllect which Items and sells which Items, Repair your equips and re supply you with Pots, Return to the botting location and continue botting. Help and assist Team mates and Team leader either by following them and help in Hunting or by healing and summoning Monsters. You can even Auto Feed your pets.

But there are no PVP hacks or Bots for it so the PVP there is also fun, and the actual skill grinding and Item Crafting you do by Hand.

I enjoy it so much as it is Bot free while the built in Legal Bot will Do the Boring part in my Behalf.

Clicking on the smae monsters for hours and hours is no fun what so ever so yeh I vote for Legal Bot Implementation and the actual removal of PVP bots.

But for the game as is right now Lvl Bots FTW.

peace out.
38 years of Age Egyptian with lots to give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
Its just more in a long line of TQQing. ( I knew this word would work.)
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Exp Balls Calculator Info and Links
Raptordin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 02:55   #54
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptordin View Post
After years of Playing this Game and witnessing all the changes that did screw it up, I have to agree that it became a necessity to Lvl Bot these days.

The only fun remaining in this game is PVP, if you pvp Bot you are a loser and every one will know that. Going to Arena/Jail/GA and PK the hell out of each other is the only fun remaining.
But to do that you will have to be lvl 130+ (No one will even consider playing you if you are less).

A lot of Games do have their own Built in Bots that help with lvling and Item collection and selling.
Magic World Online is a perfet example of that, You set your Robot to Hunt in the specific Map you set it to, COllect which Items and sells which Items, Repair your equips and re supply you with Pots, Return to the botting location and continue botting. Help and assist Team mates and Team leader either by following them and help in Hunting or by healing and summoning Monsters. You can even Auto Feed your pets.

But there are no PVP hacks or Bots for it so the PVP there is also fun, and the actual skill grinding and Item Crafting you do by Hand.

I enjoy it so much as it is Bot free while the built in Legal Bot will Do the Boring part in my Behalf.

Clicking on the smae monsters for hours and hours is no fun what so ever so yeh I vote for Legal Bot Implementation and the actual removal of PVP bots.

But for the game as is right now Lvl Bots FTW.

peace out.
Still i dun see the point. U lvl for WHAT? if you still got to bulk in the end. because u will end up as the same as others that didn't bot. won't make you better, maybe less bored and still beat up by bulkers. Only that you didn't actually play the game, a machine did. So all that remains probably is to quit cause you don't have anything else to do. That or take other paths like marketing or playing vs ppl you actually have a chance and you don't hit 1s on.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-07-2009, 02:59   #55
~Dark|Nemesis~
missing

Location: in the 206 and watch out for my Kinky! stalker Posts: 5,214
~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute~Dark|Nemesis~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoffthebox View Post
Yet TQ turns its head when bulkers use hacks. You jail them they stop buying DBs?
so true same thing goes for any game that is free to play the makers have to have a way to make money

Kurasu v.4 rock's

play my game

RAWR

rules of the net

day @ tq
~Dark|Nemesis~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 03:26   #56
CID

CID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond reputeCID has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
So after you bot lvl in the end you'd be something around still what the average player is. Maybe full elite and a super or something till you do the quests etc. Then what? You got 2 options: bulk / farm chars (be them waters or warriors) or cheat and hit everyone with a 100% chance of winning but then again a program is doing all the winning. You also become something near what you yourself were once hating: someone that others got no chance against because it's not fair to pit someone that always wins vs someone that would probably win if there wasn't such a difference.
I was referring to using bots strictly for leveling, not in combat.
CID is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 03:37   #57
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
I was referring to using bots strictly for leveling, not in combat.
You yourself stated that after you have reached high enough lvl, you STILL need to bulk to be good. Which means where's the point in playing the game if you end up at a point where you got to bulk cause lvls aint enough?
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 06-07-2009, 04:15   #58
OptimaL
In between

OptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond reputeOptimaL has a reputation beyond repute
i'm not fond of getting 0exp when killing more than one mob at a time, so i would gladly lvl bot if i had the willpower to continue playing this game. (every new patch screams BULK OR FAIL, causing me to give up)
OptimaL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 04:24   #59
Showman
Conqueror

Showman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm at school and I don't have time to discuss. However, think of botting as a cheaper, slower way of "bulking".

It still promotes gameplay (considering our current generation is very lazy, and continually increasing).

I believe botting levels out games, as long as the bots do not provide an unfair advantage over player vs player combat (which of course a certain bot does).

This game is so inflated by Bulking that botting is not what you should be worried about in PVP. (However, a botter and bulker combo is a killer combination, nearly unstoppable )

People want power, what they can't achieve in real life they seek in the game.
well explained.
Showman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 04:28   #60
SyntaxNL.
Retired

SyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond repute
You know what would be cool instead of hacks for this game?
A REAL CO 1.0 SERVER
*Hint to CID*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: