View Poll Results: Do you support this idea ?
Yes 2 100.00%
No 0 0%
I like to add my own points of view 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2015, 08:15   #1
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
The Great Revamp/Remake of the Taoist Class

So recently, somewhere in this forum, there lies a great debate/discussion/troll/rage about the Taoist Epic and the Fire Taoist class.

Well I am here to give an opinion for everyone to judge on my point of view.

I propose a MERGE of the current Water Taoist and Fire Taoist.
The new class will be named as just Taoist.

Skill
~ The new class will retain both the current Water Taoist and Fire Taoist skill.
~ The Taoist class will retain any of the normal skill from both Water Taoist and Fire Taoist
~ There will be a new skill, which I dub Nature Shift

Nature Shift
~ This is basically like Assassin Path of the Shadow toggle skill, it basically toggle a Taoist element to be more Water or Fire inclined.

Fire Nature
~ Allows the usage of Dodge and Heaven Blade (Only available if the Taoist is either a Pure Taoist or Taoist-Taoist)
~ When using the Aura Lotus (Epic Skill), the Lotus will be imbued with Fire element, and so it will become the current Fire Lotus, where it deals damage.
~ This will also unlock the new passive, Breaking Touch for certain skills such as Tornado, FoH, Fire and Thunder.

Water Nature
~ Allow the usage of Pervade and Azure Shield (Only available if the Taoist is either a Pure Taoist or Taoist-Taoist)
~ When using the Aura Lotus (Epic Skill), the lotus will be imbued with Water element, and it will become the current Water Lotus, where it will revive player.
~ This will also unlock the new passive, Blessing Touch for Pray and Revive (XP Skill)

Reason:
~ The current gameplay doesn't encourage Fire Taoist player to enjoy the competitive scene (Team PK,Skill and most team event). This will allow player that play Fire Taoist to be able to enjoy the team event.
~ Player who play aggressive can continue to do what they like while able to be drafted into team event, Water can continue to support or help rack points.
~ Current Fire mostly have the same build as Water, there is no reason why a certain subclass is direly needed in the game while the other is being cast aside.
~ There is no need to create a subclass for a major class.

Possible Problem:
a) Won't the ability to use Heaven Blade and Azure Shield be OP ?
- No, it won't be OP, because both skill required stamina to cast, and is so limited by the amount of stamina a player has, also, player that go Pure lose the benefit of the Reflect and XP shield.

b ) How will reborn skill be passed (Ex: Dodge, Pervade) ?
~ Simple, rebirth path that have Taoist-Taoist for two time will be granted both Pervade and Dodge, it won't be OP, because the player will have to sacrifice Reflect and other skill such as Fog, Serenity, and any other skill. Only Dodge is useful in PVP, and it is most likely a support skill than combat skill.

c) Won't this be OP as Taoist can both rack points/stun (Tornado and FoH) and support ( Buff and Revive) ?
~ No as well, because if a player wanted to rack points, they will need to drop some of the defensive stats like Anti for Final M-atk to rack points. Like wise, if they wanted to support they need to drop offensive stats for defensive stats. This proposal will encourage diversity that can both enjoy and experiment with offensive and defensive skill.

So people, leave your opinion, I like to hear what your thoughts on this, even if this will never be implement or notice by TQ.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2015, 08:54   #2
Snak3y

Snak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond repute
This is wrong in so many ways...

You'd be just a jack of all trades, master of none...

You either are a water or fire taoist. Go on, make some tests. If I am not wrong, you are a water taoist (yep, it is in your signature). Reincarnate to fire and play for a week as fire, with the stats and gear you have as a water.

Come back here, write down your conclusions and tell us if you would ever use the skill to transform into a fire, if you were to have one.

Last edited by Snak3y; 05-28-2015 at 08:56.
Snak3y is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2015, 09:14   #3
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snak3y View Post
This is wrong in so many ways...

You'd be just a jack of all trades, master of none...

You either are a water or fire taoist. Go on, make some tests. If I am not wrong, you are a water taoist (yep, it is in your signature). Reincarnate to fire and play for a week as fire, with the stats and gear you have as a water.

Come back here, write down your conclusions and tell us if you would ever use the skill to transform into a fire, if you were to have one.
So, by using current CO game play, please specifically tell me what does Water and Fire master in. I am very curious about your opinion.

Bro, if you look at the link that show my stats, I play a Water with a Fire stats ( I run M-atk bro, not Anti break)

As for being a Water or Fire, I have fair share of experience, I have play Water with a Fire stats ( M-atk and M-strike), I also play Fire with Water stats ( Final M-atk and Final P-damage), I even play before in between ( M-atk and Final P-damage) with full SPG, 8 STG, and 9 STG.

I also play them both with Magic Soul ( Waterflow etc), I also play them with physical soul ( Whirlpool).

Even refineries, I have play just about everything you can think of ( Immunity, Detox, Hp, Block, Penetration)

I also play before many builds lol, Pure Water, Dodge Water, Serenity Water, Fog Water, Fog + serenity Water, Bomb Water and my current build Fog with Reflect Water.

The only thing I never specifically try is using Scythe, I have try two handed, BS, and Knife as well.

So I have a lot of experiences, don't worry, I got you. Did I mention I have both Fire and Water ? (Granted I left my Fire at Snowfall)

My conclusion is I will because it offer utility, I am even itching to play a Fire but I couldn't because I left the Fire on my old server.
Why ? Because I have seen so many varieties of battle conditions.

a) The typical team wipe with all player shackle scene - This is the place you want to stay alive as much as you can.

b) The scene where your DPS Dc'ed, and you need to win by points ( Fog and offensive skill is needed as oppose to more Defensive Water lol)

c) The team with NO powerhouse (Fire,Water,Assassin only) - You need to both revive and deal points

d) The boring Tao/Assassin vs Tao/Assassin - You need more damage

Just like how you are experience with Warrior, I am very well versed with Tao ( If I say so myself), I am not your typical boring old style build, I have try many build before I land myself with my current build ( M-atk and Final P-damage)

Edit 1 : In case you wonder, in the screenshot I am not using any refineries. So no worries.
Edit 2: In case you wonder again, I am currently HP, M-atk, Final P-damage, and Immu for Chi, My jiang is 2x HP, 2x Immunity, 2x Mana, and 3 x M-atk.
All my chi is 80 and above ( Turtle and Phoenix Final P-damage is green at 79 and 76 I think)
All my Jiang is either Epic or Purple, there is no Ultra. My HP from Jiang is 9.1k, Immunity is 41-42+, M-atk I forgot, Mana is 5235
Edit 3: I have at least 3 years of experience as a Fire Tao, and 3 years as Water. So I have equal experiences, I have joined team,skill,elite,CTF either as team or solo. I have my win in Elite (Best was 3rd because I screw up vs that cheap Pirate), I have been in 1st place for team and skill using my build with my team. My team lineup is rarely set, sometime 1 water, sometime 2, sometime 3, sometime we have are just a mix of everything but still won.

Last edited by XShinryuX; 05-28-2015 at 09:32.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: