View Poll Results: Do you support this idea ?
Yes 2 100.00%
No 0 0%
I like to add my own points of view 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2015, 08:15   #1
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
The Great Revamp/Remake of the Taoist Class

So recently, somewhere in this forum, there lies a great debate/discussion/troll/rage about the Taoist Epic and the Fire Taoist class.

Well I am here to give an opinion for everyone to judge on my point of view.

I propose a MERGE of the current Water Taoist and Fire Taoist.
The new class will be named as just Taoist.

Skill
~ The new class will retain both the current Water Taoist and Fire Taoist skill.
~ The Taoist class will retain any of the normal skill from both Water Taoist and Fire Taoist
~ There will be a new skill, which I dub Nature Shift

Nature Shift
~ This is basically like Assassin Path of the Shadow toggle skill, it basically toggle a Taoist element to be more Water or Fire inclined.

Fire Nature
~ Allows the usage of Dodge and Heaven Blade (Only available if the Taoist is either a Pure Taoist or Taoist-Taoist)
~ When using the Aura Lotus (Epic Skill), the Lotus will be imbued with Fire element, and so it will become the current Fire Lotus, where it deals damage.
~ This will also unlock the new passive, Breaking Touch for certain skills such as Tornado, FoH, Fire and Thunder.

Water Nature
~ Allow the usage of Pervade and Azure Shield (Only available if the Taoist is either a Pure Taoist or Taoist-Taoist)
~ When using the Aura Lotus (Epic Skill), the lotus will be imbued with Water element, and it will become the current Water Lotus, where it will revive player.
~ This will also unlock the new passive, Blessing Touch for Pray and Revive (XP Skill)

Reason:
~ The current gameplay doesn't encourage Fire Taoist player to enjoy the competitive scene (Team PK,Skill and most team event). This will allow player that play Fire Taoist to be able to enjoy the team event.
~ Player who play aggressive can continue to do what they like while able to be drafted into team event, Water can continue to support or help rack points.
~ Current Fire mostly have the same build as Water, there is no reason why a certain subclass is direly needed in the game while the other is being cast aside.
~ There is no need to create a subclass for a major class.

Possible Problem:
a) Won't the ability to use Heaven Blade and Azure Shield be OP ?
- No, it won't be OP, because both skill required stamina to cast, and is so limited by the amount of stamina a player has, also, player that go Pure lose the benefit of the Reflect and XP shield.

b ) How will reborn skill be passed (Ex: Dodge, Pervade) ?
~ Simple, rebirth path that have Taoist-Taoist for two time will be granted both Pervade and Dodge, it won't be OP, because the player will have to sacrifice Reflect and other skill such as Fog, Serenity, and any other skill. Only Dodge is useful in PVP, and it is most likely a support skill than combat skill.

c) Won't this be OP as Taoist can both rack points/stun (Tornado and FoH) and support ( Buff and Revive) ?
~ No as well, because if a player wanted to rack points, they will need to drop some of the defensive stats like Anti for Final M-atk to rack points. Like wise, if they wanted to support they need to drop offensive stats for defensive stats. This proposal will encourage diversity that can both enjoy and experiment with offensive and defensive skill.

So people, leave your opinion, I like to hear what your thoughts on this, even if this will never be implement or notice by TQ.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: