Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03   #181
Thechosenone
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,870
Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder View Post
Weve discussed that too, we concluded item lock was safer and necersary for people to be comfortable to go pking. Because you will die alot faster in co classic since you wont have battle power. So eventhough it wasnt a co 1.0 feature the new bounty system is way better for pkers and for the people hunting pkers. More pkers = more chances to earn a bounty.

As fcor the lotto? People dont realise yet how big an impact its gonna have on classic co untill the first bulkers starts setting up his account, buying up every 2socket item and every +8 he can get his hands on to make the first 2socketed +12 trojan with herc capabilities. They say hercers have no skill.....what happens when a guy comes that actually bulks and has herc skills?

Your probably gonna say thats just a minority. Well bulking is indeed a minority and no one can stop the ones on co 2.0 without them bulking themself.

As for the new composing system i like it a lot there is hardly any inventory and warehouse space wasted that way.
We did not conclude that you did =P I want to go back to old way of pking. It was more interesting.
Thechosenone is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 11:06   #182
Snyder
AfroSamrai
 
Snyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In front of my pc, where else?
Posts: 4,216
Snyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechosenone View Post
We did not conclude that you did =P I want to go back to old way of pking. It was more interesting.
Read the post progress.
__________________
EMERALD server

Vote for historically correct skin tone options: PRESS HERE

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Isaac Newton

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Sun-tzu

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" Dante 's The Inferno

"Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity" Mud and blood 2

Characters:
Snyder|187| lvl 132 2nd reborn trojan
FalleN lvl 132 2nd reborn archer
Peligroso|187|lvl 131 2nd reborn trojan
Snyder is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14   #183
Thechosenone
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,870
Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
Pros and Cons

Look from the current explanation of things, it seems like it will be a server that will be allright. Personally I view it as an attempt to gain mony but meh its got stuff that I like.

Lotto: Lotto will allow players to gain eqs at a much quicker pace, totally killing the longevity of the game. I predict in a year single sockets will be easy to get and maybe even double sockets. Without potency(BP) and talismans, super single sockets will be plenty to kick butt. Its not great but its not horrible either. People can live with lottery, but when yall implemented BP and talismans afterward, it was like a kick in the pants.
IMO Lotto = liveable
PKSystem: Keeping it the same is dull. A lot of people argue that it will be easier to kill the people with higher equipment, so it should stay. But it does not make sense to kill a person with Super 2 socket club +6 and get minimal cps out of it. I should obtain the item in question. (IMO you guys had to sides to choose from either allow people to obtain a black names items, or give your friends ((The bulkers)) there stuffs back at minimal costs. With that out of the way it would make more sense for people to loose the gears they obtain through lottoing, and have to begin lottoing again. Sure down the road room will be made for bulkers as single and double sockets become available. But if you really want to make it classic you would go back to the old "classic" system.)

The plus side to all of this, is those that do not remember how hard it is to level, 2nd rb will take forever and a day to obtain. Not only is the quest long as hell, it is also insanely hard to obtain 130 at 2nd rb with no BP extra exp.

I think it will be a semi-balanced game, if everything is done correctly, and some aspects will keep people around, others will keep people quitted.

All in all it is a step in the right direction. Assuming that in 3 years you don't add BP and talismans and say "HAH YOU GOT TQ'D" -_-
Thechosenone is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 12:49   #184
Snyder
AfroSamrai
 
Snyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In front of my pc, where else?
Posts: 4,216
Snyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond reputeSnyder has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechosenone View Post
Pros and Cons

Look from the current explanation of things, it seems like it will be a server that will be allright. Personally I view it as an attempt to gain mony but meh its got stuff that I like.

Lotto: Lotto will allow players to gain eqs at a much quicker pace, totally killing the longevity of the game. I predict in a year single sockets will be easy to get and maybe even double sockets. Without potency(BP) and talismans, super single sockets will be plenty to kick butt. Its not great but its not horrible either. People can live with lottery, but when yall implemented BP and talismans afterward, it was like a kick in the pants.
IMO Lotto = liveable
PKSystem: Keeping it the same is dull. A lot of people argue that it will be easier to kill the people with higher equipment, so it should stay. But it does not make sense to kill a person with Super 2 socket club +6 and get minimal cps out of it. I should obtain the item in question. (IMO you guys had to sides to choose from either allow people to obtain a black names items, or give your friends ((The bulkers)) there stuffs back at minimal costs. With that out of the way it would make more sense for people to loose the gears they obtain through lottoing, and have to begin lottoing again. Sure down the road room will be made for bulkers as single and double sockets become available. But if you really want to make it classic you would go back to the old "classic" system.)

The plus side to all of this, is those that do not remember how hard it is to level, 2nd rb will take forever and a day to obtain. Not only is the quest long as hell, it is also insanely hard to obtain 130 at 2nd rb with no BP extra exp.

I think it will be a semi-balanced game, if everything is done correctly, and some aspects will keep people around, others will keep people quitted.

All in all it is a step in the right direction. Assuming that in 3 years you don't add BP and talismans and say "HAH YOU GOT TQ'D" -_-
I read the part of the 2nd rebirth and thats the reason why i wouldnt mind a small version of the shopping mall. So people can still chose to do the quest or to buy the token. This will in no way give people a lasting edge on the rest.

On the up side i know how lotto will **** up the game regardless, but if there are a couple of good grinders out there and lucky none db buyers using lotto they will still have a chance to kill bulkers one on one.
__________________
EMERALD server

Vote for historically correct skin tone options: PRESS HERE

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Isaac Newton

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." Sun-tzu

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" Dante 's The Inferno

"Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity" Mud and blood 2

Characters:
Snyder|187| lvl 132 2nd reborn trojan
FalleN lvl 132 2nd reborn archer
Peligroso|187|lvl 131 2nd reborn trojan
Snyder is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 14:35   #185
Lamb
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Currently pursuing my education somewhere in the American Midwest. It's cold. And full of polite white people.
Posts: 3,083
Lamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond reputeLamb has a reputation beyond repute
+n stones totally destroyed hunting for +1 items as an activity in the game. super items in lottery destroyed hunting for super items as an activity in the game.

And people are saying lotto is fine?
Lamb is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 14:42   #186
SyntaxNL.
Retired
 
SyntaxNL.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,176
SyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
+n stones totally destroyed hunting for +1 items as an activity in the game. super items in lottery destroyed hunting for super items as an activity in the game.

And people are saying lotto is fine?
Lottery is not fine.
The compromise of the features removed and kept is fine.
__________________
Current project: Classified
SyntaxNL. is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 15:38   #187
Corwin
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond reputeCorwin has a reputation beyond repute
Good:
1. No DB Mall
2. No Battle Power
3. No DB leveling
4. DBs cannot be used to open the 1st socket on non weapon items, or 2nd socket for non-weapons. (I assume this was a typo)
5. No Talisman
6. Toxic Fog is removed from the Ninja skills
7. Gems drop rate from monsters increased
8. PKing is allowed in Twin City
9. Flame Lit / Frozen Grotto / Dis city with exp included to make 125-130 easier (spending a month in TG was an absurd waste of time back in the day)

Bad:
1. Old socket making rates not restored
2. Old composition system not restored. Still possible to make +12 items?
3. +8s, 2 socks, gourds in lotto will affect balance.


Neutral:
- New jump
- beginner packs may be included
- Steeds
Corwin is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 16:30   #188
cs_snk
Oldschool
 
cs_snk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Romania , Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 58
cs_snk is an unknown quantity at this point
.

if they remove lottery , i think it will be near perfect
__________________
Royalty Server-

Archie - Archer


Oldschool KingJus player:

Archie. - Archer 130 - Fire 128 (hacked and reborned)
Vese - Water 110 - Trojan 130 (hacked)
WizZarD- Water 110 - Water 127 (gave out)
AsukaJin- Trojan 130 - Warrior 130 - Water 130 (gave out when i quit)

Everybody loves Norbi!
cs_snk is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 16:34   #189
squidgemelent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,460
squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
what the hell. this is exactly the opposite of what exzotick asked for.

she wanted to bring a specific patch back, not change a few things

looks like you can still buy your way to the top in this game. if you really wanted to, you could buy mets from the mall to open the first socket, and then the stardrill for the second socket. gems still in mall, + stones still in mall, lotto still here.

at this stage id rather stay on current co. my only problem with the current one is that potency brings me no challenge. i was actually planning to ditch 2.0 as the top trojan of the server to play classic
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clown6000 View Post
oh lisn you say any thing bad about us why we dont say same words? coz allah learn us Tolerance i want all of you keep this words in you mind all time
squidgemelent is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 16:47   #190
ForeverSad
Registered User
 
ForeverSad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Spearmint Rhino.
Posts: 1,428
ForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
what the hell. this is exactly the opposite of what exzotick asked for.

she wanted to bring a specific patch back, not change a few things

looks like you can still buy your way to the top in this game. if you really wanted to, you could buy mets from the mall to open the first socket, and then the stardrill for the second socket. gems still in mall, + stones still in mall, lotto still here.

at this stage id rather stay on current co. my only problem with the current one is that potency brings me no challenge. i was actually planning to ditch 2.0 as the top trojan of the server to play classic
you always have been able to buy your way to the top
that's never gonna change. with or without lottery its
still gonna be there.

and you cant do anything you stated in bold
except go to lottery.
ForeverSad is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 16:52   #191
SyntaxNL.
Retired
 
SyntaxNL.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,176
SyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
what the hell. this is exactly the opposite of what exzotick asked for.

she wanted to bring a specific patch back, not change a few things

looks like you can still buy your way to the top in this game. if you really wanted to, you could buy mets from the mall to open the first socket, and then the stardrill for the second socket. gems still in mall, + stones still in mall, lotto still here.

at this stage id rather stay on current co. my only problem with the current one is that potency brings me no challenge. i was actually planning to ditch 2.0 as the top trojan of the server to play classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
The changes made for Classic CO are as follows:
1. No DB Mall
2. No Battle Power
3. No DB leveling
4. DBs cannot be used to open the 1st socket on non weapon items, or 2nd socket for weapons.
5. No Talisman
6. Toxic Fog is removed from the Ninja skills
7. Gems drop rate from monsters increased
8. PKing is allowed in Twin City
Other than this list, the features and functions in the current CO will be available in the upcoming release.
Learn to read.
__________________
Current project: Classified
SyntaxNL. is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 17:12   #192
Thechosenone
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,870
Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
The thing is, we won't get everything we want. There has to be a middle ground, and tq is not willing to go back to the old way of doing things. As it stands, this build isn't horrible, its not great, but its doable. And I agree with snyder that non-bulkers (grinders) will be able to succeed by farming waters and the such. Its not great , but I'd play it.
Thechosenone is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 17:15   #193
SyntaxNL.
Retired
 
SyntaxNL.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,176
SyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechosenone View Post
The thing is, we won't get everything we want. There has to be a middle ground, and tq is not willing to go back to the old way of doing things. As it stands, this build isn't horrible, its not great, but its doable. And I agree with snyder that non-bulkers (grinders) will be able to succeed by farming waters and the such. Its not great , but I'd play it.
Indeed.
It's a decent and fair compromise of TQ for the players.
__________________
Current project: Classified
SyntaxNL. is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 17:38   #194
JQISBACK
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
JQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond reputeJQISBACK has a reputation beyond repute
Classic CO is NOT classic CO if it has 2.0 Attributes. Sorry. There should be no lottery. There shouldnt even be a ninja class.


IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A 1.0 SERVER MAKE IT 1.0. There shouldnt even be room for discussion on this. It should be. "SHOULD we have a 1.0 server or not" making a yes or no question. Dont sugar coat a new 2.0 server with looks of 1.0.
JQISBACK is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 17:57   #195
SyntaxNL.
Retired
 
SyntaxNL.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,176
SyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond reputeSyntaxNL. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQISBACK View Post
Classic CO is NOT classic CO if it has 2.0 Attributes. Sorry. There should be no lottery. There shouldnt even be a ninja class.


IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A 1.0 SERVER MAKE IT 1.0. There shouldnt even be room for discussion on this. It should be. "SHOULD we have a 1.0 server or not" making a yes or no question. Dont sugar coat a new 2.0 server with looks of 1.0.
TQ and people affiliated with TQ never said it would be CO 1.0
It's a compromise between TQ and the players.
__________________
Current project: Classified
SyntaxNL. is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:34.