View Poll Results: Should sharing characters be a botjailed offense
Yes Definitely 4 50.00%
No its fine 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2008, 09:53   #1
freebird1776

freebird1776 is just really nicefreebird1776 is just really nicefreebird1776 is just really nicefreebird1776 is just really nicefreebird1776 is just really nice
Stopping Shared characters

I have seen in the game too many times where people share characters to the point where the characters level faster than one person can do, or where archer spawns are controlled for days for plvling cause players are switching off to use the high level chars to plvl. This is not fair to those who play fair and this should be addressed. My suggestion would be to log IP adresses to locations with a watchdog program to catch these people. Example: registered owner logs acct and is on for some time then logs out with IP address in the state of New York. Then the character logs in again only this time the IP address is in Canada or England and the watchdog program catches it and botjails the account(using same rules set on all bots.) This is a form of botting...heres a poll Yes for implementing this type of program or No let it be as is.
In game Wife DarkXY <333
Pharos Server

And JusticE for all...
freebird1776 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2008, 13:55   #2
Adronnis
Glory-boy

Adronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond reputeAdronnis has a reputation beyond repute
You're method needs to be looked at. I'm going to Florida this summer and if I get botjailed because I wanna play in Florida and this had been implemented then I'll lay all the blame on you. The thought is good-hearted, but think of revisions. This could possibly work though. I just don't see how it would thought. How would you register IPs and discern whether the user of the account is sharing, or is simply using different computers?

Glory server
Adronnis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2008, 14:10   #3
Nitrox
TrojanLord

Nitrox is on a distinguished road
Didnt see u for long Justice noob

Get some friends and play together CO

Why shouldnt friends be allowed to play for friends chars??

And get a life

U spend enough cash on this game so especialy u dont need to complain

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: