Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2015, 14:50   #1
Mysticoz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 221
Mysticoz is on a distinguished road
Suggestion: fire tao epics change.

yes another thread but trying to get hints and ideas out there for a change. the more we push the better and faster the improvement will be



Breaking touch: stack a burn flame on the target ( like fog ) and higher the stacks it is the more dmg it will deal over time. increase the stacks 5% each time it places a stack on it. 20% chance each spell cast on the target to add 1 stack of BT

Flame lotus. should be thrown like the pirates bomb and attach a lotus to each person hit by the lotus.
After a 5 second delay it will explode. dealing FIXED NON REFLECTABLE DMG BASED ON SKILL LEVEL.


current issues: 1. each time a tao with epics dies. their "focus energy" decreases. making it near impossible to charge lotus.

2. the lotus is soooooooooo easy to dodge atm its quite a joke to the designers who made it.

3. hossu text from system that appears when adding a hp refinery to the hossu is wrong.

4. theres no possible way to attain a bound hossu without saving for weeks to get one from cp b store.


please pass these ideas on and improve taos to make them a viable class again.
__________________
MysticOz


DO NOT feed the trolls
Mysticoz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2015, 00:44   #2
King_Kai
NOSTupidyy
 
King_Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South
Posts: 1,163
King_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to King_Kai
giveup, change ur fire build. fire is already the best class in game u bulkers just dont know how to use them cause yeh ur bulkers not skilled players.

hi oz
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~Greatest Of All Time~~~~~~~
King_Kai is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-08-2015, 09:19   #3
billyhopper
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Confirmed!!
Posts: 122
billyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond reputebillyhopper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kai View Post
giveup, change ur fire build. fire is already the best class in game u bulkers just dont know how to use them cause yeh ur bulkers not skilled players.

hi oz
^LOL. If not trolling.. here is my answer

Fire is only the best in EPK when it uses tortoise gems + Final M.attack as built... annnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddd... that's it.

All other events/gameplays.. totally crap.

I even doubt taoist is the best in EPK.. because a skilled warrior will win by points over taoist. (im not 100% sure about this)


If the firetaoist is the best class... Can you explain why everyone is playing ninja/monk/troj
Only like 0,1% of the server is a fire taoist.

I bet you don't play fire taoist either
billyhopper is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 01:28   #4
Mysticoz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 221
Mysticoz is on a distinguished road
keeping the thread alive *bump*
__________________
MysticOz


DO NOT feed the trolls
Mysticoz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 05:09   #5
Promethean
Registered User
 
Promethean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argleton, England
Posts: 3,926
Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticoz View Post
yes another thread but trying to get hints and ideas out there for a change. the more we push the better and faster the improvement will be



Breaking touch: stack a burn flame on the target ( like fog ) and higher the stacks it is the more dmg it will deal over time. increase the stacks 5% each time it places a stack on it. 20% chance each spell cast on the target to add 1 stack of BT

Flame lotus. should be thrown like the pirates bomb and attach a lotus to each person hit by the lotus.
After a 5 second delay it will explode. dealing FIXED NON REFLECTABLE DMG BASED ON SKILL LEVEL.


current issues: 1. each time a tao with epics dies. their "focus energy" decreases. making it near impossible to charge lotus.

2. the lotus is soooooooooo easy to dodge atm its quite a joke to the designers who made it.

3. hossu text from system that appears when adding a hp refinery to the hossu is wrong.

4. theres no possible way to attain a bound hossu without saving for weeks to get one from cp b store.


please pass these ideas on and improve taos to make them a viable class again.
Fire taos got close to an 8k hp boost from hossu and are still crying about ****ty skills - TQ pls remove hossus for fire taos as they are clearly ungrateful SOBs.
__________________
Retired on Storm server.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 05:45   #6
HeroFx
Registered User
 
HeroFx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
HeroFx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Fire taos got close to an 8k hp boost from hossu and are still crying about ****ty skills - TQ pls remove hossus for fire taos as they are clearly ungrateful SOBs.
Sometimes people can be either trolls or plain dumb.
Every other class besides taoist in conquer uses 2 weapons (except for warrrior but they have a shield), taoist get a second one and is a hossu only good for "hp". What good is that? When anybody can get that from refineries, chi, jiang hu.

This is a good, well thought thread, stop the trolling.

Bump.
HeroFx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 06:09   #7
Promethean
Registered User
 
Promethean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argleton, England
Posts: 3,926
Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFx View Post
Sometimes people can be either trolls or plain dumb.
Every other class besides taoist in conquer uses 2 weapons (except for warrrior but they have a shield), taoist get a second one and is a hossu only good for "hp". What good is that? When anybody can get that from refineries, chi, jiang hu.

This is a good, well thought thread, stop the trolling.

Bump.
8k hp is like all elite jiang gates, or 3 decent chi gates and is more than all other refineries put together. Hossu also gives 8 pct immunity. It's a massive increase for fire taos.

If you don't understand how having higher HP can be helpful, you're clearly a one-hit char.
__________________
Retired on Storm server.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 12:22   #8
Mysticoz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 221
Mysticoz is on a distinguished road
Carina:
we have feedback this many times, designer will not change anything


Mystic:
the designer team need to be changed then. you will attract more players and people will buy more if the classes are viable to play.
people miss fires and they are sick of the same boring quests
to gain the epic weapons.


Carina:
if fire taoist too strong,people of other classes will complain too

Mystic:
ninjas are too strong.
but they need to move closer to hit people but twilight dance always 1 hits people with a crit and breakthrough build
fire taos desperately need a improvement. and those suggestions labeled on the thread will draw people back to playing it.
the game at the moment is 70-80% ninjas
__________________
MysticOz


DO NOT feed the trolls

Last edited by Mysticoz; 12-10-2015 at 12:31. Reason: spelling
Mysticoz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 16:39   #9
Mikewhatever
Registered User
 
Mikewhatever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 467
Mikewhatever is on a distinguished road
Ninjas aren't too strong, if your stats are maxed out and you can't tfb, it's pointless.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanad View Post
I quit, simply because it sucks, there's no point in playing anymore, everything TQ is making is to milk moar money from the players, the game is boring, new players can not enjoy the game, the old players are quitting or getting outpowered by bulkers.
^hypocrisy at its finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarwaHassan View Post
My brothers ather and moe we suck **** for cps we are currently available
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Satan put me on this world for a reason it was to troll endlessly
Mikewhatever is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 16:54   #10
Laurent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 284
Laurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
8k hp is like all elite jiang gates, or 3 decent chi gates and is more than all other refineries put together. Hossu also gives 8 pct immunity. It's a massive increase for fire taos.

If you don't understand how having higher HP can be helpful, you're clearly a one-hit char.
That would probably be a reasonable argument if:

- None of the classes had HP or Immunty on their weapons (Here's a hint: They do)
- None of the other classes were able to -7 their 2nd weapon or shield (Here's a hint: they can)
- All of the other classes were shoehorned into 5 attack stages, leaving only 2 to decide between Crit, HP and Immunity (Here's a hint: they aren't)
- None of the other classes had skills that did over 100% of their base damage (Here's a hint: they do)

As for "HP being a good thing" - Ninja's with their Gaping Wounds don't seem to think so. In fact I have had more trouble winning fights on points since the addition of Hossu, I usually take it off against Ninjas in Arena.

Fire was "ok" when before chi came out with just the souls, even after TQ released all the bonus %mdef ****, because if they geared themselves to stop you, your P-Attack allies would **** them up.

Then chi came out and all the classes got a fairly equal boost, because all the stats were balanced evenly across the board. This is of course in exception to M-Attack characters, because M-Attack scales at a rate of about 1:5, so P-Attackers got a slight boost on taos with chi, but it was still manageable, because a +12 fire would always hurt (with the limited 20k~ HP pools and non-stacking pots)

Finally we get Jiang, or as I like to call it, Chi 0.6 - Because it was a step backwards in contrast to the actually successful Chi, but whether it's balanced for all the classes or not doesn't matter, because we're stuck with it. A warrior can go 7 defensive stages with 2 P-Attack stages and still 1 hit people with Speedgun, while a tao can go 7 offensive stages with 2 HP stages and tickle other people of the same BP for 5-6K damage. It grossly favors classes that don't need secondary attack stats because of high base damage, which is exactly why we see so many Ninjas, they don't need to crit to kill people because of the absurd damage TFB does.

Thing is, from a marketing stand-point I don't understand why TQ allows all the systems to lie in place as they currently are, favoring ninja. Right now a ninja can 1v1 any other class with relative ease, even if they are lower BP. It's a turn off for any future epics, which means the only income they'll get from epics is the few people who "have to have every epic" or those who have stayed the same class for years waiting for the epic to finally come, and even in the latter case more often than not it's likely they will just sell their gears and quit out of disappointment.

I won't sell my tao gear, because I honestly believe that TQ is just waiting for everyone to sell their tao gears and THEN do some minor improvements to the epics which will make everyone want to buy the gear again at sky-high prices, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Worse case scenario I have a full P7 water if they don't ever get buffed.
Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 17:51   #11
King_Kai
NOSTupidyy
 
King_Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South
Posts: 1,163
King_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to King_Kai
If ur doing 6k damage to people of the same bp u need to change ur fire build.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~Greatest Of All Time~~~~~~~
King_Kai is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2015, 20:19   #12
§mugglaz
Banned
 
§mugglaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 578
§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute§mugglaz has a reputation beyond repute


§mugglaz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2015, 23:34   #13
Promethean
Registered User
 
Promethean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argleton, England
Posts: 3,926
Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
That would probably be a reasonable argument if:

- None of the classes had HP or Immunty on their weapons (Here's a hint: They do)
Scythe gives HP; no on uses scythes. Knives give hp and immunity, only assassins now wear knives since all good water taos use hossus instead. Shield gives hp - only warriors and shield monks use shield. The strongest pvp classes in the game at the moment, ninja, dwar and trojan do not get any extra hp or immunity from their weapons.

Quote:
- None of the other classes were able to -7 their 2nd weapon or shield (Here's a hint: they can)
If this is such a big issue - why don't you see water taos complaining on forum that they don't get a -7 boost particular as water taos need to survive more than fire taos.

Quote:
- All of the other classes were shoehorned into 5 attack stages, leaving only 2 to decide between Crit, HP and Immunity (Here's a hint: they aren't)
I don't follow your reasoning. Melee classes have 2 p-attack stages and then must choose either crit or break, leaving the remainder for hp and immunity. If anything fire taos have greater versatility in build as they may either go m-attack and either crit/break + hp + immunity OR final m-attack and the same. Let me know last time you saw a melee char running a final p-attack build bro.

Quote:
- None of the other classes had skills that did over 100% of their base damage (Here's a hint: they do)
Fires never had skills that did over 100% of their base damage, because it would be retarded. Fire taos are not meant to one-hit anything.

Quote:
As for "HP being a good thing" - Ninja's with their Gaping Wounds don't seem to think so. In fact I have had more trouble winning fights on points since the addition of Hossu, I usually take it off against Ninjas in Arena.
As long as you're happy to lose that extra 8 pct immunity bro. I assume you're ranked in tiger and/or turtle to compensate when you're facing a high crit melee char?

Quote:
Fire was "ok" when before chi came out with just the souls, even after TQ released all the bonus %mdef ****, because if they geared themselves to stop you, your P-Attack allies would **** them up.
Most melee chars I know don't use mdef refineries.

Then chi came out and all the classes got a fairly equal boost, because all the stats were balanced evenly across the board. This is of course in exception to M-Attack characters, because M-Attack scales at a rate of about 1:5, so P-Attackers got a slight boost on taos with chi, but it was still manageable, because a +12 fire would always hurt (with the limited 20k~ HP pools and non-stacking pots)

Quote:
Finally we get Jiang, or as I like to call it, Chi 0.6 - Because it was a step backwards in contrast to the actually successful Chi, but whether it's balanced for all the classes or not doesn't matter, because we're stuck with it. A warrior can go 7 defensive stages with 2 P-Attack stages and still 1 hit people with Speedgun, while a tao can go 7 offensive stages with 2 HP stages and tickle other people of the same BP for 5-6K damage. It grossly favors classes that don't need secondary attack stats because of high base damage, which is exactly why we see so many Ninjas, they don't need to crit to kill people because of the absurd damage TFB does.
I'm sorry but you just showed yourself up here. There are plenty of good fire taos on forum who will happily tell you that STG fires can do 8-9k damage to the best kings and SPG fires which can happily hit 20k+. If you are dying one-hit to non-crit ninjas there is something wrong with your build. Ditto for break ninja builds. You should only be dying to chains.

Quote:
Thing is, from a marketing stand-point I don't understand why TQ allows all the systems to lie in place as they currently are, favoring ninja. Right now a ninja can 1v1 any other class with relative ease, even if they are lower BP. It's a turn off for any future epics, which means the only income they'll get from epics is the few people who "have to have every epic" or those who have stayed the same class for years waiting for the epic to finally come, and even in the latter case more often than not it's likely they will just sell their gears and quit out of disappointment.
Get good pls.

Quote:
I won't sell my tao gear, because I honestly believe that TQ is just waiting for everyone to sell their tao gears and THEN do some minor improvements to the epics which will make everyone want to buy the gear again at sky-high prices, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Worse case scenario I have a full P7 water if they don't ever get buffed.
They won't change the epic gears. Go water tao.
__________________
Retired on Storm server.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2015, 00:37   #14
Laurent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 284
Laurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Scythe gives HP; no on uses scythes. Knives give hp and immunity, only assassins now wear knives since all good water taos use hossus instead. Shield gives hp - only warriors and shield monks use shield. The strongest pvp classes in the game at the moment, ninja, dwar and trojan do not get any extra hp or immunity from their weapons.
You're right on them not getting extra HP on their weapons, I should have clarified that I was talking about Trojans getting more HP per attribute point, which with everyone having 900 attributes, is an extra 5K HP. Ninja, you are right, there is no bonus HP, which is exactly why I've said for so long that epic ninja isn't as "broken" as people seem to think it is, because its full offense and they can be 1 hit by any other person with remotely decent stats. And please, don't put Dragon Warrior among the "top 3" - There's maybe 2-3 in every server, and of those people few are even remotely close to full +12.

Quote:
If this is such a big issue - why don't you see water taos complaining on forum that they don't get a -7 boost particular as water taos need to survive more than fire taos.
Maybe it's because you know, they have 6 pieces of equipment they can put refineries on to increase their defensive capabilities. They also have access to 3 different types of shields, maximum of 2 based on RB path. While waters can run around with 3k+ extra HP on their headgear, Fires have to run Penetration. Where waters run Counteraction on their bag, Fires have to run Penetration. Where waters run %Mdef on their Bracelet, Fires have to run Penetration. Maybe it's also because with water being a true support class, they don't have to give it a second thought about going 9 Defensive stages in their jiang, so all the people who break fires will not be breaking waters.

Quote:
I don't follow your reasoning. Melee classes have 2 p-attack stages and then must choose either crit or break, leaving the remainder for hp and immunity. If anything fire taos have greater versatility in build as they may either go m-attack and either crit/break + hp + immunity OR final m-attack and the same. Let me know last time you saw a melee char running a final p-attack build bro.
Lol? You're delusional. If TQ gutted the attack on all physical weapons down to like 1K today, but made up for it by allowing the Stages 1, 4 and 8 able to put P-Attack in everyone would HAVE to put 5 stages of P-Attack because if they didn't they wouldn't kill ****. There would be no "versatility" for Break or Crit, just as there is none for fire taos. You either take your 5 attack stages AS attack stages or you get laughed at for being nothing more than a tickle. Find me one fire tao in the entire game who ISN'T a king, has 2 M-Attack stages or less in Jiang and manages to kill kings. There are like 50 something servers, it will be easy for you surely. Greatest part about it is that when you find this amazing fire tao the debate will finally be put to rest and fire taos will obviously be made clear as the #1 class in all of CO!!!!!

Quote:
Fires never had skills that did over 100% of their base damage, because it would be retarded. Fire taos are not meant to one-hit anything.
You know Warriors are supposed to be the tank class oF CO, they're not supposed to 1 hit anything either, but a speedgun (and not a crit one, just a speedgun) can kill anyone. Monks, being a support, aren't supposed to be able to 1 hit anything either, but guess what, triple attack makes it really easy for them to do it too. Then we have Assassins, a class by design meant to be the premier PvE class with the ability to offer CC, but little damage, in PvP events. So why exactly do they have Focus and all that free break/crit on their knives that no other class has? Hmm? No fire in existence has ever said "Tornado should be able to 1 hit equal BP characters" - That's what you call a retard. Fire taos have asked for additional abilities that if used skillfully enable them the potential to 1 hit someone of equal BP. And you know what? A trojan's SS, when used skillfully and masterfully, is capable of making quick work of any target who isn't built full tank. You are rewarded for using an ability that is not just point and click. Fire taos want the same treatment as everyone else.

Quote:
As long as you're happy to lose that extra 8 pct immunity bro. I assume you're ranked in tiger and/or turtle to compensate when you're facing a high crit melee char?
8% Immunity will rarely be the difference between living and dieing when you have 60K HP. A Ninja would need 2 2 pace crits in a row to kill a tao, and any other class would need a minimum of 3. But against any other class the Hossu goes back on anyways.

Quote:
Most melee chars I know don't use mdef refineries.
Exactly, why would they use mdef refineries when even the strongest of fires can only hit them 5-6k. Why reduce their damage by 500 when they will never be a threat.

Quote:
I'm sorry but you just showed yourself up here. There are plenty of good fire taos on forum who will happily tell you that STG fires can do 8-9k damage to the best kings and SPG fires which can happily hit 20k+. If you are dying one-hit to non-crit ninjas there is something wrong with your build. Ditto for break ninja builds. You should only be dying to chains.
A full SDG ninja can crit for 60k. A full SPG fire can't crit for 25k, "well why can't they crit" - Maybe it's because they had to go 5 M-Attack stages just to make their attack relevant. "Well they can just drop 3 stages for crit" - 15000 M-Attack lost for 59.6% crit doesn't seem worth it, yknow? Especially with physical characters being able to get 54% from 2 stages. A 30% permanent damage reduction doesn't seem worth the ability to crit 20% of the time. Or maybe you just didn't know that M-Strike has lower rates across Jiang than P-Strike. 2.2% per star for a full Epic stage, while P-Strike offers 3% per star to a grand total of 8% less crit per stage. Jiang shafted fire taos harder than any other class has been shafted in the history of CO, and that's a fact. What you make pathetic excuses for and call "versatility" is something only a retard who has never played a fire would say. You take attack where you can get it or risk going extinct. Fires are the only class that have their damage reduced by a % amount rather than a flat amount, because TQ doesn't know how to balance them if they remove that % reduction or boost their attack to compensate for it. It doesn't matter that the "cap" is 90% reduction, because you can go up to 140% and completely ignore the effects of Penetration.

But go, find your "happy little fires" - I want to know the allure that keeps them playing fire when pirates and assassin are both capable of more damage and defense. Maybe the only allure is that if they change classes they'd be lucky to get a +8 for every +12.

Signed, a Happy Little Pirate - Pistoling your face off for 20 minutes for more damage than a Fire could ever dream of.
Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2015, 02:11   #15
Promethean
Registered User
 
Promethean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argleton, England
Posts: 3,926
Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
You're right on them not getting extra HP on their weapons, I should have clarified that I was talking about Trojans getting more HP per attribute point, which with everyone having 900 attributes, is an extra 5K HP. Ninja, you are right, there is no bonus HP, which is exactly why I've said for so long that epic ninja isn't as "broken" as people seem to think it is, because its full offense and they can be 1 hit by any other person with remotely decent stats. And please, don't put Dragon Warrior among the "top 3" - There's maybe 2-3 in every server, and of those people few are even remotely close to full +12.
1. 8000k hp is the single-largest character-based HP boost in the history of CO. Trojans have always had additional HP attribute points this is not new.

2. 11 of the top 100 kings by donation are full +12 dragonwars. In my experience on EU servers, there are at least a couple +12 dragonwars on each server.

Quote:
Maybe it's because you know, they have 6 pieces of equipment they can put refineries on to increase their defensive capabilities.
So can fires - that's the beauty of wearing exactly the same equipment.

Quote:
They also have access to 3 different types of shields, maximum of 2 based on RB path. While waters can run around with 3k+ extra HP on their headgear, Fires have to run Penetration. Where waters run Counteraction on their bag, Fires have to run Penetration. Where waters run %Mdef on their Bracelet, Fires have to run Penetration.
Lol. No they don't, this is your choice. If I was a fire I would always go for hp over penetration because survivability is key, but would pick penetration over counter because only noobs run counter rather than immunity. Likewise I would run penetration over mdef because I'd rely on better final m-attack to beat other fires. Even so, penetration isn't even strictly required if you're an STG final-mattack build because you can still do 8-9k damage without pene.

Quote:
Maybe it's also because with water being a true support class, they don't have to give it a second thought about going 9 Defensive stages in their jiang, so all the people who break fires will not be breaking waters.
Ahh, and here is where it comes out that you are an SPG fire who is butthurt because they can't one hit every other class with the easiest skill to use on CO.

Quote:
Lol? You're delusional. If TQ gutted the attack on all physical weapons down to like 1K today, but made up for it by allowing the Stages 1, 4 and 8 able to put P-Attack in everyone would HAVE to put 5 stages of P-Attack because if they didn't they wouldn't kill ****.
What the **** are you talking about bro? There are TWO stages of p-attack, NOT FIVE. Also why on earth are you trying to compare melee chars which have always had a chance to one-hit or chain opponents to win, against magic casters who have always been built to win on points.

Quote:
There would be no "versatility" for Break or Crit, just as there is none for fire taos.
Quote:
Find me one fire tao in the entire game who ISN'T a king, has 2 M-Attack stages or less in Jiang and manages to kill kings. There are like 50 something servers, it will be easy for you surely. Greatest part about it is that when you find this amazing fire tao the debate will finally be put to rest and fire taos will obviously be made clear as the #1 class in all of CO!!!!!
Your argument is once again premised upon idiocy, i.e. that fire taos should be able to kill kings. Fire taos can be built to beat kings on points, they are never built to kill them.

Quote:
You know Warriors are supposed to be the tank class oF CO, they're not supposed to 1 hit anything either, but a speedgun (and not a crit one, just a speedgun) can kill anyone.
Warriors aren't broken. The trade off with warrior has always been that they are tanky as ****, but lack any ranged attack. Fire taos have ranged attack but lack the power to one hit. Other melee classes have range and one-hit capabilities but are not so tanky.

Quote:
Monks, being a support, aren't supposed to be able to 1 hit anything either, but guess what, triple attack makes it really easy for them to do it too.
Monks and pirates have always had the ability to kill someone with one hit by using triple. If we didn't have triple in the game, some waters and shield monks would never be killed. It's a high risk move because getting close to your opponent generally means they are going to chain your face off or triple you back.

Quote:
Then we have Assassins, a class by design meant to be the premier PvE class with the ability to offer CC, but little damage, in PvP events. So why exactly do they have Focus and all that free break/crit on their knives that no other class has? Hmm?
Find me an assassin on a server which hasn't opened up on the last 6 months which consistently wins EPK. Assassins don't bother anyone.

Quote:
No fire in existence has ever said "Tornado should be able to 1 hit equal BP characters" - That's what you call a retard. Fire taos have asked for additional abilities that if used skillfully enable them the potential to 1 hit someone of equal BP.
ROFL. Pls bro. Don't make out that nado is skillful. You're killing me.

Quote:
And you know what? A trojan's SS, when used skillfully and masterfully, is capable of making quick work of any target who isn't built full tank. You are rewarded for using an ability that is not just point and click. Fire taos want the same treatment as everyone else.
I suggest you reincarnate, fire taos should never be given the option to one-hit anything if they can otherwise win on points.

Quote:
8% Immunity will rarely be the difference between living and dieing when you have 60K HP. A Ninja would need 2 2 pace crits in a row to kill a tao, and any other class would need a minimum of 3. But against any other class the Hossu goes back on anyways.
I'm not sure what server you play on, but 8 pct is often the different between winning and losing and particular for a fire. If you can reduce the number of crits that your enemy does against you, you are much more likely to win on points.

Quote:
Exactly, why would they use mdef refineries when even the strongest of fires can only hit them 5-6k. Why reduce their damage by 500 when they will never be a threat.
I refer you to above. If you can only hit 5-6k attack on your fire tao, you are not the strongest fire in CO, or even close to it.

Quote:
A full SDG ninja can crit for 60k. A full SPG fire can't crit for 25k, "well why can't they crit" - Maybe it's because they had to go 5 M-Attack stages just to make their attack relevant. "Well they can just drop 3 stages for crit" - 15000 M-Attack lost for 59.6% crit doesn't seem worth it, yknow? Especially with physical characters being able to get 54% from 2 stages. A 30% permanent damage reduction doesn't seem worth the ability to crit 20% of the time. Or maybe you just didn't know that M-Strike has lower rates across Jiang than P-Strike.
http://bbs.co.99.com/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=13 Crit BT for 28k with 6 STGs says you are wrong. Thanks for making up stats you can't back-up.

Quote:
Jiang shafted fire taos harder than any other class has been shafted in the history of CO, and that's a fact.
Cry moar pls.

Quote:
But go, find your "happy little fires" - I want to know the allure that keeps them playing fire when pirates and assassin are both capable of more damage and defense. Maybe the only allure is that if they change classes they'd be lucky to get a +8 for every +12.
Ask on forum m8, there's plenty here.

Quote:
Signed, a Happy Little Pirate - Pistoling your face off for 20 minutes for more damage than a Fire could ever dream of.
p.s. No one goes pirate any more buddy (or until pirate epic is released next year).
__________________
Retired on Storm server.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:27.


You Rated this Thread: