View Poll Results: Miners Permits for level 15+ pickaxes?
yes 4 80.00%
no 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14   #1
mistressyesumes
Knightmare

mistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Way to bring mining back

I found a way to bring mining back without the bots, now the mine cave still exists, some people have gotten in from quests, so if mine bots have truly been stopped currently then this idea should be okay, I suggest allow mining for people with a pick axe prof of 15 or higher.

Now I have considered people bot leveling prof, but I found a solution to that, and I doubt it's really all that worth doing for botters anyways.

When you reach level 15 prof, you speak to an NPC who will give you a miners permit in 5 days, this would work just like merchants, anyone who bots would surely be caught by TQs amazing system before they got the chance to get into the mines, and the off chance they did get in, they would get jailed and have to start all over for another 5 days.
Guild:|Pur3BlooD|
Guild Position:Deputy Leader
Battle Power:300
Bless:28%
My Anime List

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer6 View Post
stoped reading there, as full +12 ninja, i was hit 25k by a nado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ
We listen but we don't care.
Change arena point system
Give Longhammers, and Hammers a new skill
mistressyesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28   #2
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
I found a way to bring mining back without the bots, now the mine cave still exists, some people have gotten in from quests, so if mine bots have truly been stopped currently then this idea should be okay, I suggest allow mining for people with a pick axe prof of 15 or higher.

Now I have considered people bot leveling prof, but I found a solution to that, and I doubt it's really all that worth doing for botters anyways.

When you reach level 15 prof, you speak to an NPC who will give you a miners permit in 5 days, this would work just like merchants, anyone who bots would surely be caught by TQs amazing system before they got the chance to get into the mines, and the off chance they did get in, they would get jailed and have to start all over for another 5 days.
But...but...the SVG pickaxe I made way back before socketed pickaxes were ever given out got deleted. Waaaah!

It's an interesting idea and I'd love to think that mining could make a comeback. However...

The botters could level up the characters, train proficiency, apply for the permit then offline those characters for 5 days. During those 5 days they'd train up some more to replace any who got caught.

Sorry, it's a clever idea but I don't think it would work the way you intended it to work. They'd just adapt by having replacement miners ready in advance.

I wonder whether having a moving portal going into the mine would be possible, or do anything to hinder bots. By that I mean that the co-ordinates would change just enough every couple of hours or at least every server maint, so that if bots were set to jump on a certain spot they wouldn't go through.

I don't think that would be possible for TQ to do, though, don't even know if it would actually be a problem for the bots. Wishful thinking, didn't get any sleep last night.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 02-03-2013, 14:50   #3
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
Bots, and fixing mining...

Yup, stolen pickaxes.. NOT too happy about that...
That means a guild mate of mine lost a +12 super 2soc. (yes, he DID socket and super it up a few years ago, cause he could)
Anyways, as rolling portals go... it wouldn't stop a bot. Tends not to be random enough, bots would just go till they find the portal

Often times, they jump directly INTO the map, w/o using the portals.
Draconis71 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35   #4
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
anyone who bots would surely be caught by TQs amazing system

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30   #5
whenmoonshines
SweetWitch

whenmoonshines is on a distinguished road
This is going to sound daft.. but I've been away for some time and now everything is changed.. How do you get a mining permit nowadays? I've tried searching the maps for where they used to be and there's no updated information on the website anyway..
I would vote for bots not being allowed on the mine.. They just get on my nerves sometimes :P
whenmoonshines is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2013, 00:56   #6
Vondaha

Vondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis71 View Post
Often times, they jump directly INTO the map, w/o using the portals.
Ooh yes, I've once spotted a bot come in and disappear after hopping around for a second in the small room where Shopboy at TC sends you to for changing the color of your gears ;o
Vondaha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07   #7
MGofChaos

MGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond repute
What about houses?

I think is more viable to have access to the mines trough a lvl 4-5 house then an open map. Although i will not be surprise if i see some one making all the bots go into his house to be able to be warp to a mine. Or place a charge of 27 cps to be able to enter mine.
MGofChaos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: