View Poll Results: What actions should TQ take against botters?
Extreme speed checks so they can no longer teleport + Report button (+more?). 6 60.00%
Give us a report botter button in game. 3 30.00%
I'm sure they have their own plans that will work out fine. 0 0%
I think it is fine like it is. 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2012, 13:34   #1
farayman3

farayman3 is on a distinguished road
Quicker botter report

Maybe it is possible that we get a "report botter" button in the game. Because people are to lazy to start collecting names and sending them by mail.

Personally I don't understand why you can't spot a botter teleporting all over the map... Why can't this be locked down in your server settings?

All this talk about "stopping botters" and "We would like to invite you to work with us in the battle against botters" seems to be going on a long time.

Maybe focus more on this before doing anything else?

Faray
farayman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012, 14:11   #2
n00dlez
n00blez

n00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond reputen00dlez has a reputation beyond repute
Help desk should have an extra button. Report Botters
n00dlez is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012, 16:43   #3
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
Access to help desk...

I have OFTEN waited 6-8 hours, keep retrying help desk during their "available" period, unable to get thru... maybe 2-3 successful attempts in a WEEK out of maybe 600ish. I've been waiting, trying to connect, only to be told that it's their lunch, try again, in 1/2 hour... (I just wasted 6 hours trying to get thru?!?!?!)

The whole botter thing can be EASILY fixed: check for change in locations, how long it took for those changes, and if it's too short.. try to figure out why.. then ban the buggers.
jump from a-b should NOT be crossing over 200 locations...

Ingame option to report botters, AND give a screenshot, with coords, onscreen character names, etc. would be REALLY nice... Abuse it, and you loose it.
Draconis71 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53   #4
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Nice idea but there isn't a poll.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 08-21-2012, 23:38   #5
farayman3

farayman3 is on a distinguished road
Sorry I forgot about the poll. I made one.
farayman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2012, 22:13   #6
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
i would love the report botter in game button, but then whats to stop the bots from using it against you 10x over, giving u 10x the reports than that 1 you gave out on that ninja.

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2012, 05:21   #7
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1234512 View Post
i would love the report botter in game button, but then whats to stop the bots from using it against you 10x over, giving u 10x the reports than that 1 you gave out on that ninja.
Just accusing someone isn't enough to get them banned as botters. The information has to be verified in some way, either by TQ at the time or by screenshot/video evidence.

So...if you're not doing something wrong you should have nothing to worry about, but that also means this button would have limited usefulness. If there's not someone at TQ waiting for the reports and checking out the info, the reports will be pretty useless.

The bots have no way of knowing that they're being reported unless you tell them. In order to be sure of catching someone reporting them, they'd have to report everyone who came in range. That would make it obvious to TQ which was the bot, possibly without their ever being reported.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 08-24-2012, 06:58   #8
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
Just accusing someone isn't enough to get them banned as botters. The information has to be verified in some way, either by TQ at the time or by screenshot/video evidence.

So...if you're not doing something wrong you should have nothing to worry about, but that also means this button would have limited usefulness. If there's not someone at TQ waiting for the reports and checking out the info, the reports will be pretty useless.

The bots have no way of knowing that they're being reported unless you tell them. In order to be sure of catching someone reporting them, they'd have to report everyone who came in range. That would make it obvious to TQ which was the bot, possibly without their ever being reported.
but that would make more work for TQ, so thats auto denied right there...

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2012, 05:27   #9
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
Botter reporting...

Often QUITE difficult to tag them... move too fast...
If there was an ACTIVE freeze-screen option (sub client to load, have ACTIVE targets clickable... ie: for names) to ease the reporting process...
Btw, I voted for option 1... assuming it includes option 2.
Old 09-02-2012, 15:54   #10
mottlee
Bot Killer

mottlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Would be nice IF Help Desk was ON LINE more so you COULD report Bots
mottlee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-2012, 22:15   #11
gemetare

gemetare is on a distinguished road
The best way to stop botters is TQ to lower the Db prices(that will never happend).
gemetare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2012, 08:06   #12
Draconis71
Banded

Stop the botters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by farayman3 View Post
Maybe it is possible that we get a "report botter" button in the game. Because people are to lazy to start collecting names and sending them by mail.

Personally I don't understand why you can't spot a botter teleporting all over the map... Why can't this be locked down in your server settings?
Cause, it would involve COMPETENT CODING.
All this talk about "stopping botters" and "We would like to invite you to work with us in the battle against botters" seems to be going on a long time.
All mouth service: I get the feeling they don't give a damn. If they DID, they'd have banned the proxy sites being used by the clientless bots instead of individually click-jailing 6000 bots per server per night.

Maybe focus more on this before doing anything else?

Faray
Agreed, to your statement, for it is logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1234512 View Post
but that would make more work for TQ, so thats auto denied right there...
How true

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottlee View Post
Would be nice IF Help Desk was ON LINE more so you COULD report Bots
Yah, it would help. Now, the helpdesk is offline when it's supposed to be online.

I'm usually waiting an average of 8-10 hours a night, 6 nights a week trying to contact them to report a few clusters of bots.
They tend to not be able to botjail the bots 4/5 tries.
I've actually started spreadsheet with botters names, location, time, class, type of bot, function of bot, and the helpdesk GM's that have "botjailed" them. I can then check back to see if they're online, or if even in jail in an hour. (usually not)
It's a real pisser when you PK a player from an enemy guild who's been botting a skill, get a DB drop... and loose it to one of the clientless auto-grabbers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: