Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 09:05   #46
lipase
Registered User
 
lipase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,281
lipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Haha, typical LoL players. So many 12-year-old ******s


I'll probably check it out soon
My bro is 12 and play league. He is silver 1 whatever that means.
__________________
___________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahana View Post
just wanted to say I like your name....

back to my hole...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Rxin, please
lipase is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 09:16   #47
Jaxx.
qq
 
Jaxx.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,266
Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Haha, typical LoL players. So many 12-year-old ******s


I'll probably check it out soon
Just failed my promotion again, just wanted you to know. Solo rambo darius cost us the game 0_0
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 10:33   #48
Smaehtin
Scientist
 
Smaehtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,167
Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipase View Post
My bro is 12 and play league. He is silver 1 whatever that means.
Looooooooooool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Just failed my promotion again, just wanted you to know. Solo rambo darius cost us the game 0_0
Solo queue (and duo, too) sucks ass
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 13:13   #49
Jaxx.
qq
 
Jaxx.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,266
Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Looooooooooool

Solo queue (and duo, too) sucks ass
Ok got my promotion series back, 7th time lucky!

Think I derailed this thread...
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 13:15   #50
Smaehtin
Scientist
 
Smaehtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,167
Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Ok got my promotion series back, 7th time lucky!

Think I derailed this thread...
Wowowowow congratz. Well np, the thread was **** anyways. Just like all the threads here, and the game as well
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 13:33   #51
Jaxx.
qq
 
Jaxx.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,266
Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Wowowowow congratz. Well np, the thread was **** anyways. Just like all the threads here, and the game as well
Eh, don't celebrate too early, I still got to win 3 games out of 5 and given my track record so far I doubt I will get into silver this time around

Off topic looks pretty stale as well, shame. They're currently debating over protein shakes..
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 13:39   #52
Smaehtin
Scientist
 
Smaehtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,167
Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Eh, don't celebrate too early, I still got to win 3 games out of 5 and given my track record so far I doubt I will get into silver this time around

Off topic looks pretty stale as well, shame. They're currently debating over protein shakes..
Lolololololool. Good luck!
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 14:12   #53
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Incredible...

I am glad I quit this game, albeit it took me while to get over the addiction. Helps if you supplement that addiction with a new addiction i.e. other games

Still playing my Starcraft and League of Legends.
What league are you on starcraft? Me and my mate sometimes duo queue there, always dupe our placement matches so we can have some bronze fun! We are at gold level in 2v2's but we just love doing bronze because we can do weird things like mass sentry or stuff like that. Ticklebeam cannooooons.

It only lasts for a few games usually though, because we get promoted to silver ridiculously fast every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
I'm not bored of Lo...Yet, more frustrated if anything. Failed my silver promotion AGAIN, today. I keep getting some extremely unpleasant team mates who insist on playing the role that they want to play regardless of what the team has to say.
Know that pain. When I did my 10 match placement, I won 7 out of 10, started me in silver 2. Stopped playing for a long while and came back once, decayed to bronze somewhere. Oh my god the people there are so annoying. You literally can't team properly without having a toxic player in your team. I just roflcoptered out of there with jaximus back to silvers.

It's been a while now so it's pretty possible that I'm back to bronze :< blerp. Cba playing anyway until they release a pre-position thing for their queue. As long as you can't tag what you want to play as, matchups will remain horrid.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 15:42   #54
hollly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Belgium ftw :)
Posts: 744
hollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
I'm not bored of Lo...Yet, more frustrated if anything. Failed my silver promotion AGAIN, today. I keep getting some extremely unpleasant team mates who insist on playing the role that they want to play regardless of what the team has to say.

Then of course if they dont get it they ruin the game for others by being extremely toxic/AFK/trolling. Though I am not particularly good at the game I would argue that I am far better than bloody bronze !!

Starcraft 2 is fun man, I'm sure you know it so I wont go on about it, but it can be a real challenge ^^

I recommend Battlefield 4 once its fixed
ok lil advices from someone that struggled a lot in ranked queue :

a) every team has the potential to be extremely toxic. but you can reduce the amount of flaming by several ways (either be really nice/stfu, either by bringing morale upright by playing "perfectly". things like picking master yi jungle now, will raise morale more than play heimer jungle for instance)

b) be sure you can play all five roles at a decent level.
when you do 100 games, maybe you win 45 out of 80 games in your main role. But maybe you win only 5 out of 20 when u don't play ur main. the easiest way to improve your winrate is thus to learn how to be "at least decent" where you don't main.

c) continuously to b), you must understand the meta before it shifts away.
and use it. It means that if you can play all five roles at a decent level, you can spam "feral junglers" now, "ap supports" a month ago, "ad mid" way before ... etc etc. Simply put, the meta makes temporarily some champions and roles better than the average, and you can/have to raise elo by playing them when they are best. (I say, have to, because most players try and do the same so if you don't enjoy "OP strats", they will, and they'll raise when u go lower)

d) don't bother about your ranking. ofc it's frustrating to be a noob gold 5, but the ranking comes with a) experience b) attitude c) luck.
you can work on the two first but not the third. Sometimes being stuck means that you are not skilled enough (seriously), sometimes it's just bad luck (but less often than we wished). Don't play to improve your rank, play to train.
hollly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 16:16   #55
Jaxx.
qq
 
Jaxx.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,266
Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
What league are you on starcraft? Me and my mate sometimes duo queue there, always dupe our placement matches so we can have some bronze fun! We are at gold level in 2v2's but we just love doing bronze because we can do weird things like mass sentry or stuff like that. Ticklebeam cannooooons.

It only lasts for a few games usually though, because we get promoted to silver ridiculously fast every time.



Know that pain. When I did my 10 match placement, I won 7 out of 10, started me in silver 2. Stopped playing for a long while and came back once, decayed to bronze somewhere. Oh my god the people there are so annoying. You literally can't team properly without having a toxic player in your team. I just roflcoptered out of there with jaximus back to silvers.

It's been a while now so it's pretty possible that I'm back to bronze :< blerp. Cba playing anyway until they release a pre-position thing for their queue. As long as you can't tag what you want to play as, matchups will remain horrid.

I am in diamond league, I would argue I am high diamond given my opponents, however haven't played ranked in a long time due to ladder anxiety. Furthermore haven't tried to get better in ages too, I felt like I plateaued ages ago so I gave up on trying. I play the hated OP Protoss...


2v2 is awesome with a friend, I play with a couple of friends time to time and its jokes doing ridiculous stuff as only Marines and Sentries etc ^^

Ye that team build(?) thing looks cool, you queue with the lane you want, sounds like a decent way to get rid of the toxic attitude present in lobbies.

I tend to get stuck with two types of people; Trolls and idiots (not mutually exclusive ofc). I too am guilty of being toxic but its more rage toxic than unjustified toxicity.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hollly View Post
ok lil advices from someone that struggled a lot in ranked queue :

a) every team has the potential to be extremely toxic. but you can reduce the amount of flaming by several ways (either be really nice/stfu, either by bringing morale upright by playing "perfectly". things like picking master yi jungle now, will raise morale more than play heimer jungle for instance)

b) be sure you can play all five roles at a decent level.
when you do 100 games, maybe you win 45 out of 80 games in your main role. But maybe you win only 5 out of 20 when u don't play ur main. the easiest way to improve your winrate is thus to learn how to be "at least decent" where you don't main.

c) continuously to b), you must understand the meta before it shifts away.
and use it. It means that if you can play all five roles at a decent level, you can spam "feral junglers" now, "ap supports" a month ago, "ad mid" way before ... etc etc. Simply put, the meta makes temporarily some champions and roles better than the average, and you can/have to raise elo by playing them when they are best. (I say, have to, because most players try and do the same so if you don't enjoy "OP strats", they will, and they'll raise when u go lower)

d) don't bother about your ranking. ofc it's frustrating to be a noob gold 5, but the ranking comes with a) experience b) attitude c) luck.
you can work on the two first but not the third. Sometimes being stuck means that you are not skilled enough (seriously), sometimes it's just bad luck (but less often than we wished). Don't play to improve your rank, play to train.
a) I try so hard to be nice but ultimately it fails, I admit I slip up and mock players for doing incredibility stupid things. I.E constantly going solo vs the enemy and feeding their adc

b) I totally agree, I know how to play all roles. I even respect the pick order, so being support isn't an issue for me and no Nidalee isnt a support..

c) I pick up the meta fast, however I don't watch twitch LoL as it bores me to death but I do notice meta shifts like Xin being super popular now 'cause of feral latern or something.

d) I know I sound arrogant but I genuinely don't believe I am bronze material. I main Vi from the moment she was released. I have had 2 people in ranked games go "Why the hell are you in bronze" after they saw my LoLking. I'm 10-2 with Vi with over 150+ cs with her...That's my average per game!! I regularly ward, and I make logical fast decisions (I can thank Starcraft 2 for that) in all of my engagements, and I forever watch the mini-map which is extremely important. Yet...I'm still bronze/low elo after years of playing. However the logical reason for why I'm still in bronze would point to the one consistent factor, and that's me being bad...But I assume you, every time its a ****tard on my team screwing it up for me...
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2014, 23:54   #56
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
What league are you on starcraft? Me and my mate sometimes duo queue there, always dupe our placement matches so we can have some bronze fun! We are at gold level in 2v2's but we just love doing bronze because we can do weird things like mass sentry or stuff like that. Ticklebeam cannooooons.
And thats why you arent a plat/diamond player.


__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2014, 05:25   #57
~*panda*~
Community's Choice
 
~*panda*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,319
~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
I am in diamond league, I would argue I am high diamond given my opponents, however haven't played ranked in a long time due to ladder anxiety. Furthermore haven't tried to get better in ages too, I felt like I plateaued ages ago so I gave up on trying. I play the hated OP Protoss...


2v2 is awesome with a friend, I play with a couple of friends time to time and its jokes doing ridiculous stuff as only Marines and Sentries etc ^^

Ye that team build(?) thing looks cool, you queue with the lane you want, sounds like a decent way to get rid of the toxic attitude present in lobbies.

I tend to get stuck with two types of people; Trolls and idiots (not mutually exclusive ofc). I too am guilty of being toxic but its more rage toxic than unjustified toxicity.
Ah I had ladder anxiety when I started playing sc2 because it was the first game I played "ranked". Not long after I got over that though. I saw every game just as practice. I stayed in plat and kinda hit my max level there too. Went to diamond once but I only won like 1 out of every 6 matches there so I was happy that the season ended there.

Protoss isn't that OP. I always played random, probably the reason why I can't excell with a single race. I take pride in being a jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
And thats why you arent a plat/diamond player.


But... you like ... missed the point. I said it was just screwing around. 1v1 I'm low plat though because I do admit that I'm crap. Regardless that's still opposite of what you claim. If you lose to a DT rush, you haven't scouted enough. If you lose to a cannon rush, you haven't scouted enough. 3-rax all-in is debatable although with proper scouting, you'd notice too and can break through it with optimal micro. Siege contained? Since that's not an official tactic term, I imply that it means pinning base entrances down with siege tanks? Easily counterable. Zerg vipering, Terran raving or banshees, protoss a few immortals and tadaa, done.
__________________
A community's choice
Seriously, not a moderator
Computer Scientist
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2014, 06:14   #58
Jaxx.
qq
 
Jaxx.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,266
Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Ah I had ladder anxiety when I started playing sc2 because it was the first game I played "ranked". Not long after I got over that though. I saw every game just as practice. I stayed in plat and kinda hit my max level there too. Went to diamond once but I only won like 1 out of every 6 matches there so I was happy that the season ended there.

Protoss isn't that OP. I always played random, probably the reason why I can't excell with a single race. I take pride in being a jack of all trades
Well there is a massive circle jerk over hating Protoss at the moment, but hey in WOL it was Terran, followed by the bull**** Bro-infestor build and now us Toss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Lolololololool. Good luck!
Failed my 8th Silver Promotion. Again, two wins followed by 3 loses. Been streaming my games so I got my friends giving me advice. I still believe I am doing my fair share in the games however apparently I got to ward enemy jungle more, push turrets more when I successfully gank and be more efficient with my buffs.
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56   #59
Smaehtin
Scientist
 
Smaehtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,167
Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Failed my 8th Silver Promotion. Again, two wins followed by 3 loses. Been streaming my games so I got my friends giving me advice. I still believe I am doing my fair share in the games however apparently I got to ward enemy jungle more, push turrets more when I successfully gank and be more efficient with my buffs.
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2014, 08:28   #60
lipase
Registered User
 
lipase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,281
lipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone playing DIII? Think I'll start again.
__________________
___________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahana View Post
just wanted to say I like your name....

back to my hole...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Rxin, please
lipase is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:26.


You Rated this Thread: