Old 08-26-2010, 06:11   #1
Deveno

Deveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond reputeDeveno has a reputation beyond repute
On-going problems with AVG anti-virus?

Today when AVG anti-virus finished scanning my computer, I had the following 2 entries:

C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\5029-5035.exe Trojan horse Generic 11.FPO Infected

C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\5029-5035.exe:\Conquer.exe Trojan horse Generic 11.FPO Infected

2 possibilities come to mind:

A - AVG is dumb, and keeps flagging Conquere.exe as a "virus" (this in itself should be of some concern to TQ)

B - the file realy IS infected (also, I think, a matter of some concern).

I suspect the former, as this was only detected today, and I have had the file for well over 2 years now. I am, however, a bit concerned as to why this file is being flagged now. Anyone else get a similar report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFerran View Post
Deveno: devourer of souls and threads.
deputy director of mod intelligence services

Got a question? Message me here.
Deveno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02   #2
slaatje

slaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond repute
Patch 5297 got flagged by panda antivir. Closed panda and let the client patch worked.
slaatje is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2010, 10:52   #3
yapsuper
Mentor

yapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond repute
My norton and malwarebytes both let the file go through. I'm guessing it's ok.

To be sure, upload the suspected file to http://www.virustotal.com/

Also have been known as Fenchurch, Yapsuper, and Bluey (the last rightful owner of her before she was hacked).

Play with honor or not at all.

"Cedant arma togae" - Circo. Let the arms of war yield to the togas of peace.

"grrr.... I'm nice...ish...sometimes..." - PrincessMia
yapsuper is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2010, 13:24   #4
TimeWatch

TimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond reputeTimeWatch has a reputation beyond repute
unistall client re-install

sometimes it works.
TimeWatch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2010, 03:57   #5
slaatje

slaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond repute
bump
slaatje is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2010, 05:23   #6
InvalidJump
Your KOS!

InvalidJump is on a distinguished road
5035, had a new ActiveX control in Conquer. Something to fix the flash login, However it was flagged by AVG as a virus, no-one knows why its a false result.

It was fixed by TQ, but AVG still has flagged it, the code looks like it acts the same as a virus when it really doesnt.

If its buggin you so much you can setup a exclusion in AVG.
Steps are :

1. Click START > All programs > AVG > AVG userinterface
2.Click settings > Advance settings
3. Under Restinace Shield click Exceptions
4.Then Click ADD PATH
5. Go to the client path and click ok
6. Click apply then ok.
7.Click History
8. Click Virus Valt
9.Now the conquer.exe is there and it wont be deleted because of the exception so now you need to find it in the list depending on how many viruses you have
10. The virus name is :Trojan Horse Generic11.BGWF or Generic 11.FPO depending on your virus definition updates.

Remember that patch 5035 was released well over 2 years ago, TQ did fix it.

And it is safe to delete the Update packages, so you can delete 5036-5065.exe once it has been extracted, however there are so many newer patchs out it doesnt even use WinRar self extraction wizard any more.

So just reinstall the client, just get rid of all the old patch files.

I have Nod32 and Eset Smart Security and havent had any problems with conquer, but with AVG i did.

Hope this helps

(cant answer on that panda security one, never used it)

Just to clafiy, this file isnt spotted in Real-Time scanning, it will only appear when you scan your computer, because the file hasnt been excutued.

Anyway there is a whole sticky on it!
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=552284

My suggestions
New Trade Window
Its AWESOME! (Apart from my paint.net skills)
New Friend and Enermy Windows

Last edited by InvalidJump; 08-27-2010 at 06:11.
InvalidJump is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54   #7
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveno View Post
Today when AVG anti-virus finished scanning my computer, I had the following 2 entries:

C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\5029-5035.exe Trojan horse Generic 11.FPO Infected

C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\5029-5035.exe:\Conquer.exe Trojan horse Generic 11.FPO Infected

2 possibilities come to mind:

A - AVG is dumb, and keeps flagging Conquere.exe as a "virus" (this in itself should be of some concern to TQ)

B - the file realy IS infected (also, I think, a matter of some concern).

I suspect the former, as this was only detected today, and I have had the file for well over 2 years now. I am, however, a bit concerned as to why this file is being flagged now. Anyone else get a similar report?
I choose A.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:52   #8
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
AVG dont detect anything in my CO. Do i have a bad AVG?

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2010, 22:07   #9
unstop
Banned

unstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond repute
just make conquer online as a trust source, plus this avg seems to able sent some people to botjail for keep using it long time. short term dont see a thing. or the easy way uninstall avg.
unstop is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: