View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 132 94.96%
No 7 5.04%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32   #1
slaatje

slaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond repute
Unlocked FPS/ Higher FPS - Recommended 11/12/10

Well considering I'm way to much of a wimp to edit the conquer.exe these days since I don't know anything about the current security checks. I can't get unlocked FPS anymore.

I used the unlocked FPS when I was on my '' playing '' char for a better gaming experience, FBing/ SSing and when I made vids.

Sooo my thought is, make an option to get unlocked FPS? The option could be at startup or either in-game. Doesn't really matter me, as long as I can get unlocked FPS =0. I'm sure this will make the game a little bit more fun in a lot of gamers' eyes.

#edit

Some people maybe haven't got a clue what I'm talking about. FPS stands for Frames Per Second. It's exactly what it says; the refresh rate of your client per second.

#edit2

And ofcourse there may be options for this like, choosing 50 FPS 60, and so on and so on. Thus letting people choose what they want.

Last edited by slaatje; 12-12-2010 at 23:40.
slaatje is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2010, 06:48   #2
yogosun

yogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond repute
Ye I don't really get it either since the lower my FPS, the worse it is to FB.

Edit: Misread something which caused my confusion, so I voted yes.

Last edited by yogosun; 10-31-2010 at 08:09.
yogosun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2010, 07:04   #3
slaatje

slaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond reputeslaatje has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogosun View Post
Ye I don't really get it either since the lower my FPS, the worse it is to FB.
Vote for yes than, need loooooooooooaaads of votes =0.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:53   #4
phini4eva
lovedbyall

phini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond reputephini4eva has a reputation beyond repute
Yes.

Server: Dreams-Dreams
Chara: fatboyslim

"Religious freedom is not based on the freedom to proselytize, but the right to retain one's religion and not be subject to proselytization" -Belief of Hinduism
Ex-Vidster-Phini, RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
We don't need to reach deeper into your wallet. You do that for us. ha
The Official and absolutely amazing fan group of the god/goddess that is Infamous~!
Liverpool FC FTW
Css Player
Suggestion for Warrior(recommended by mods)
Apparently, I have offended someone.
phini4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2010, 11:11   #5
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
you do know that the fps the client displays isn't correct right. Unlocked fps doesn't change anything apart from the changing figure most "unlocked fps cheats" just change other files to make your connection to the server better. you can do this yourself by optimising your client =x

for example, use leatrix.
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2010, 13:33   #6
slaatje

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
you do know that the fps the client displays isn't correct right. Unlocked fps doesn't change anything apart from the changing figure most "unlocked fps cheats" just change other files to make your connection to the server better. you can do this yourself by optimising your client =x

for example, use leatrix.
Don't get the bolded part, elaborate please?

You ever used unlocked fps or highered fps on co?
Old 10-31-2010, 15:30   #7
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaatje View Post
Don't get the bolded part, elaborate please?

You ever used unlocked fps or highered fps on co?
nah I didn't but some rl friends did before they quit. you won't need it if you got good hardware anyway. "unlocking fps" is just making the frames more smooth. To get it working, you gotta remove the visual cap from the client itself, which means "changing the figure".

technically you always have 80+ fps, the client just makes it look like its capped at 40 cuz back in those days 40 was every games normal framerate. Now that hardware is able to pass over it with ease, everyone basically has 40+, making it look like you have 40 but actually you have more.

by removing the "visual" cap you just show your real framerate.

the real thing fps unlock does is changing a certain file so it has smoother connection. In an example:

TQs client:

Server: Hey! sent you a packet rite there
your comp: can you confirm that!?
Server: I might
your comp: ... so can you?
Server: ....
your comp: ello?
Server: sent you another one! o yea and the last one was indeed sent!
your comp: could have told me so before...

Edited client:

your comp: confirmation?
Server: yep, its sent
your comp: nice! so are the-
server: sec, heres another one
your comp: oh was just about to ask! nice speed
server: np men tyvm
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2010, 15:44   #8
slaatje

ahah,

Thought the client handled the delay. Server sends packets to client > Packets trigger events e.g. jump animation. Client refreshes the animation 40 times per second.

O well, guess I was wrong than.

Point is, as long as I'm getting smoother gameplay I think it's okay. =)
Old 10-31-2010, 17:19   #9
yogosun

yogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond reputeyogosun has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaatje View Post
ahah,

Thought the client handled the delay. Server sends packets to client > Packets trigger events e.g. jump animation. Client refreshes the animation 40 times per second.

O well, guess I was wrong than.

Point is, as long as I'm getting smoother gameplay I think it's okay. =)
Kinda essential for FB
yogosun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2010, 16:58   #10
rasenganmaster
I own u!

rasenganmaster is on a distinguished road
yes everyone vote for ninjas to be able to tele tfb you every time they right click mwahahahahah!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:15   #11
KaiYoshimiya
Banned

KaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond reputeKaiYoshimiya has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasenganmaster View Post
yes everyone vote for ninjas to be able to tele tfb you every time they right click mwahahahahah!!!
Smoother gameplay does not mean enhanced skills Oo.

Yassss!
KaiYoshimiya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2010, 19:11   #12
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Next time non-public poll please. Voted yes.
Old 11-02-2010, 21:30   #13
Clenk~V.12
Banned

Clenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.12 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
nah I didn't but some rl friends did before they quit. you won't need it if you got good hardware anyway. "unlocking fps" is just making the frames more smooth. To get it working, you gotta remove the visual cap from the client itself, which means "changing the figure".

technically you always have 80+ fps, the client just makes it look like its capped at 40 cuz back in those days 40 was every games normal framerate. Now that hardware is able to pass over it with ease, everyone basically has 40+, making it look like you have 40 but actually you have more.

by removing the "visual" cap you just show your real framerate.

the real thing fps unlock does is changing a certain file so it has smoother connection. In an example:

TQs client:

your comp: can you confirm that!?
Server: I might
your comp: ... so can you?
Server: ....
your comp: ello?
Server: sent you another one! o yea and the last one was indeed sent!
your comp: could have told me so before...

Edited client:

your comp: confirmation?
Server: yep, its sent
your comp: nice! so are the-
server: sec, heres another one
your comp: oh was just about to ask! nice speed
server: np men tyvm
Lol no. The connection is UDP and it isn't set to be secured on either side so once a packet is sent, the server and client doesn't care where it goes or if it gets there. You are thinking of TCP/IP which I understand the mistake since no game actually uses it.

Most games are caped at 60 fps because it is optimized within the graphics card via VSynch.
Clenk~V.12 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2010, 05:43   #14
Dragonš

Dragonš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant View Post
Next time non-public poll please. Voted yes.
What's wrong with public polls =0?

I voted yes too.
Dragonš is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31   #15
slaatje

Bump =D

vote people vooote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: