View Poll Results: Bring it back?
Yes 43 89.58%
No (Reason please) 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2009, 16:03   #1
WorstNameEver
Whuzit?

Location: That bedraggled guy out in your backyard with the laptop? Just waved at you? That's me. Hi.
WorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond repute
Bring Back Refurbisher

So, the NPC that could remove (Bound) status from an item is now gone. I highly recommend we bring him back. My friend got the super fan from the quests awhile back because he couldn't afford a nonfree one, he sock'd it and now wants to unfree it, but lo and behold, the NPC is gone.

Another thing I noticed, some people get lucky and soc their items. Well, that item is now useless, can't sell or trade, or unfree it. At least if you bring the guy back, you can unfree it and then sell it or do whatever with it.

So, bring the NPC back?

Teh_Hiayz: 2rb'd 21:15, Monday, 12/21/09 on Wildswan. Thanks for your support everyone. Sure took me long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just J View Post
hold my purse and my heels girl im bout to woop this *****s ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiujin View Post
When you're Egyptian you have to break every rule possible to make everyone else's' experience worse.
WorstNameEver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2009, 17:05   #2
Raiujin
Banned

Raiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond repute
Oh wow I'm in your siggy:P

This NPC does need to come back but he was removed because of the future release of the bound CPs.
It does suck we had no warning though. I think he should be brought back for a weekend or something. Give everyone a last chance to un-bound their items.
Raiujin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2009, 17:31   #3
WorstNameEver
Whuzit?

Location: That bedraggled guy out in your backyard with the laptop? Just waved at you? That's me. Hi.
WorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond reputeWorstNameEver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh wow I'm in your siggy:P

This NPC does need to come back but he was removed because of the future release of the bound CPs.
It does suck we had no warning though. I think he should be brought back for a weekend or something. Give everyone a last chance to un-bound their items.
Yah, I figured the quote was pretty damn accurate.

I mean, I'm a little bit pissed about it to, I got a friend with +6 bound fan (Why the **** he +6'd it I'll never know, there's not even a socket...) that I was gonna unfree and soc and now I can't... Not a big deal but its SERIOUSLY inconvienicing people...

Moreover, I KNOW people get lucky and soc their (Bound) gears, so then they can't do jack **** with them anymore. I think he should be brought back forever, just because that will happen from time to time.

Teh_Hiayz: 2rb'd 21:15, Monday, 12/21/09 on Wildswan. Thanks for your support everyone. Sure took me long enough!

Quote:
Quote:
When you're Egyptian you have to break every rule possible to make everyone else's' experience worse.
Old 12-30-2009, 17:34   #4
Adam1975

Adam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam1975 has a reputation beyond repute
i posted this a few days ago...how about go to it and vote.
Adam1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2009, 17:37   #5
WorstNameEver
Whuzit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1975 View Post
i posted this a few days ago...how about go to it and vote.
I didn't see it, I glanced through the recent threads. By recent, I mean first page.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-31-2009, 19:36   #6
unstop
Banned

unstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond reputeunstop has a reputation beyond repute
to be this will balance the game, bound items have to stay bound unless u buy the non bound items, u get dbs when u lucky find one, save them up to buy stuff non bound. the best way, or go play classic conquer
unstop is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2009, 20:24   #7
Raiujin
Banned

Raiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond repute
I still say there should be one weekend event where he is brought back to give the people one last chance to un-bound equipment. As he was removed with no warning.
Raiujin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2010, 17:15   #8
WorstNameEver
Whuzit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstop View Post
to be this will balance the game, bound items have to stay bound unless u buy the non bound items, u get dbs when u lucky find one, save them up to buy stuff non bound. the best way, or go play classic conquer
You never read do you... Your incomprehensible English makes me wish to cut my eyes out with sporks.

So if you get a socket in a (Bound) item because you didn't want to fork over the DB for a Super ring (About on my server...) but then you want to trade your Super Socketed ring (around 10 DBs) you're screwed? Sockets are hard enough to make, you want to screw over everyone who makes them in one specific item?

I know you won't read this, so I'm just going to end with something you'll understand. Kosomak. Hhhhhhhhhhh. Noop dog matar noop.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-01-2010, 17:22   #9
Lonelyassassin1
Mr.Awesome

Lonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond reputeLonelyassassin1 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol I just read this thread 2 days after i got a socket in my elite (bound) katana by chance while i was lvling it up...I totally agree.

I was going to unbind it, combine it with my elite +2 katana and make and elite +2 1 soc katana and then use my super (bound) katana...but sicne i just realised the refurbisher was gone i cant now.

good idea.
666-66-6666 - Social Security and Taxpayer ID of the Beast
$665.95 - Retail Price of the Beast
$769.95 - Price of the Beast with all accessories & replacement soul
$656.66 - Walmart Price of the Beast
666 F - Oven Temp. of the Beast
666k - Retirement Plan of the Beast
666mg - Minimum Daily Req. of the Beast
Word 6.66 - Word Processor of the Beast
666i - BMW of the Beast
Lonelyassassin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2010, 18:24   #10
kvdk
Alien #15

Location: In your head, stealing your secrets... oooh, a good one!
kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyassassin1 View Post
Lol I just read this thread 2 days after i got a socket in my elite (bound) katana by chance while i was lvling it up...I totally agree.

I was going to unbind it, combine it with my elite +2 katana and make and elite +2 1 soc katana and then use my super (bound) katana...but sicne i just realised the refurbisher was gone i cant now.

good idea.
uuhm, dude, why do you need to remove bound status to do that? >_>

you can still +2 the bound katana by using the unbound one on it >_>
kvdk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2010, 18:31   #11
Jerri
Banned

Location: SUOMI PERKELE!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 14 533 + 113 = 26 161
Jerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk View Post
uuhm, dude, why do you need to remove bound status to do that? >_>

you can still +2 the bound katana by using the unbound one on it >_>
Because if in the future he wants to sell the katana, he cant.

So it's useless to keep building that bound katana, as he can't resell it if he wants. Or trade it to a new char (like monk-war-ninja etc when new classes come out).
Jerri is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2010, 20:41   #12
pikachoo

pikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond reputepikachoo has a reputation beyond repute
I had both of my free/bound talis super 2soc like months ago...
and I was just going to free them up too =(
pikachoo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2010, 17:32   #13
niroshido
Banned

niroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond reputeniroshido has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with this thread.

i was bitterly dissapointed to see the patch update claiming it was to be remove, even more so when there was no article relating to his removal prior to him disappering with the patch.

I took joy in the idea that if i had bound Super items like the Super +3 1soc Poleaxe i got from those lvl packs ages ago, that i could in fact take the bound status off it at some stage making me look less cheap if and when i gained the db's to do so, i would of either removed the bound status just so, if i could use it look half as impoverished ingame as i am or sell the poleaxe to persue a super item in other things or even contribute it to the talismans.

But now that its gone i dont have that choice.
niroshido is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2010, 18:50   #14
AlanKing
<-PWI

AlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond reputeAlanKing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AlanKing
~Signed but I don`t think that`s going to happen as TQ made using bound items to socket bound talis a feature lol
130-130-113

Never to be seen on Co since 14th of December '09!Gone but Never Forgotten!

Currently playing PWI on Lost City server
- level 92 Cleric
- level 75 Assasin =X

Quit.
AlanKing is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2010, 23:30   #15
ForumAcc

ForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond reputeForumAcc has a reputation beyond repute
apparently you can ask a gm to unbound an item and they'll charge you for it
ForumAcc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: