Old 12-14-2016, 03:37   #1
squidgemelent

squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Nerf backfire?

pvp fights are very boring atm as the only available strategy is to actually avoid the pvp

0 cost - warrior doesnt need to make a tactical decision of when to use it
returns stamina - you cant trigger it just to maintain pressure
75% uptime - he has 3x as long as you to match your points if you choose to avoid it
true damage - you cant build defensive against it
max 50,000 damage - one shots 99.9% of the server. a sweep combo which can be triggered in the same frame will kill 100% of the server

changing just one of these aspects of it will make it feel more rewarding to fight with it and against it as there will be more options to fight it.
also wasnt toxin eraser invented to counter against these types of damages that "reduce HP" i.e. dont take defensive stats into account?
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2016, 06:09   #2
USER1_74

USER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond repute
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
pvp fights are very boring atm as the only available strategy is to actually avoid the pvp

0 cost - warrior doesnt need to make a tactical decision of when to use it
returns stamina - you cant trigger it just to maintain pressure
75% uptime - he has 3x as long as you to match your points if you choose to avoid it
true damage - you cant build defensive against it
max 50,000 damage - one shots 99.9% of the server. a sweep combo which can be triggered in the same frame will kill 100% of the server

changing just one of these aspects of it will make it feel more rewarding to fight with it and against it as there will be more options to fight it.
also wasnt toxin eraser invented to counter against these types of damages that "reduce HP" i.e. dont take defensive stats into account?
is really balanced (and is the only distintive skill for new warrior)
0 cost like twilight dance.........
the difference is that work only 1 time every 15 second
TD u can spam every 4....
regarding the damage is really far from what you said....
if u fight against a enemy that have your hp and your attack and same gears 2 hit combo is not enough.
ive 58k hp and 36.4k attack
a prince troian (62k hp and 37k attack) hit me with FC for 40-42k stigged no critical (when im under magic shield def+30%) that give back 18-20k (if he fast blade me much less)
with stigged wave of blood i do same damage that not enough.
warrior is pretty balanced and good
not top class but strong for sure
the backfire skill is perfect
warrior no so popular because expensive and not OP.
the true advantage is the high break made from fist
my chi sux but ive 235,5 BT
Full +12-7P7 P12 anima
NewChallenge EU server
USER1_74 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2016, 09:46   #3
PsAiKoW
ʍoʞıɐsd

PsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
max 50,000 damage - one shots 99.9% of the server.
ehm no
my 2 secondary chars who arent that great (around 345bp) both have over 50k hp

and the max 50k dmg is still a percentage of the warriors hp, its not like every warrior will do 50k with backfire..
Old 12-14-2016, 17:13   #4
FiascoJackson

FiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsAiKoW View Post
ehm no
my 2 secondary chars who arent that great (around 345bp) both have over 50k hp

and the max 50k dmg is still a percentage of the warriors hp, its not like every warrior will do 50k with backfire..
+1 to this as well, if you're getting hit 50k dmg from backfire, sort your hp and attack out.
@OP Backfire is balanced. STFU.

Last edited by FiascoJackson; 12-14-2016 at 17:16.
FiascoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2016, 18:15   #5
FallenAngel BR

FallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond repute
LOL for one its backfire, its giving actual damage 1 time, differs from things like 2 fold and psn damage.... If your constantly getting killed by backfire hitting you for 50k damage then stop playing on a 140 account wearing super no sock +1 gear k? Being a Assassin i dont even bat a eye at backfired warriors. by the time a warrior can kill me 1 on 1 i bet theyve waisted 2 inventorys of potions. Warriors max hp isnt nothing special so if your having issues killing them i suggest you build a real account instead of middle of the roading ****. I kinda want to see you fight my assassin and ***** that assassins need to be nerfed.... cause **** i got 77k hp right now, im going for 81k hp.... might get 82k hp with a gold cup at some point... complain about a real issue like the servers being half assed or tq needs to drop the price of cps to make people spend more as the value of majority of currencies is messed up.... k bye bye now.
Old 12-14-2016, 20:02   #6
squidgemelent

squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel BR View Post
LOL for one its backfire, its giving actual damage 1 time, differs from things like 2 fold and psn damage.... If your constantly getting killed by backfire hitting you for 50k damage then stop playing on a 140 account wearing super no sock +1 gear k? Being a Assassin i dont even bat a eye at backfired warriors. by the time a warrior can kill me 1 on 1 i bet theyve waisted 2 inventorys of potions. Warriors max hp isnt nothing special so if your having issues killing them i suggest you build a real account instead of middle of the roading ****. I kinda want to see you fight my assassin and ***** that assassins need to be nerfed.... cause **** i got 77k hp right now, im going for 81k hp.... might get 82k hp with a gold cup at some point... complain about a real issue like the servers being half assed or tq needs to drop the price of cps to make people spend more as the value of majority of currencies is messed up.... k bye bye now.
i didnt say i lose to it. i said the tactic to pvping with one is to not be pvping 75% of the time, and doesnt feel rewarding on either end (i.e. also using it - yes i also play warrior). there is no strategy that comes with the skill, and the strategy against it is to not fight. the point is, any time i do lose against one, its always a case of me messing up, rather than the enemy making an intelligent decision. any time i win on one, i think the same

the five points i mentioned all work together to make the skill OP. its maximum potential damage is only one of those points, and the last of such. using a top percentile character to isolate and rebut the very last point is just plain brazilian of you. skewing the balance of these points and buffing one area (including its maximum damage) as you nerf another is fine, if you add an element of counter play. i wrote these points from an objective perspective, glad to see you were able to do the same gloating about your own personal experiences that you die to epic warriors, just not immediately.
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-2016, 05:44   #7
FallenAngel BR

FallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond reputeFallenAngel BR has a reputation beyond repute
Of course anyone is gonna die to a well built account from time to time, especially when your on a server with alot of well built warriors, to think that it wouldnt happen now and then regardless proves your ignorance. But hey what do i know. Still scratching my head that you just said there is no strategy along with the skill... Majority of the long run of accounts and builds is based on what the top accounts are capable of. Someone with 40k hp and backfire that has no immunity and so on is gonna get **** on all day even with backfire (and if not your fighting some pretty noob accounts) while a warrior with say 65k hp and high immunity is gonna be a threat, just not a huge one as most classes built properly can still dish out 40-60k damage without issue leaving the dmg of backfire about as much as a fire tao hitting you 1 time. Backfire is a non issue if you arent torted up and actually putting out some damage. Everything tq is putting out should make you think twice on what your build is, what you run for gems, and how to fight your opponents. So sure lets nerf everything that makes you facepalm from time to time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: