Old 05-12-2012, 22:55   #166
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
You people are boring.

Either it is common knowledge for you and you know what to look for otherwise it is a waste of time to talk to you.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 05-12-2012 at 23:01.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2012, 23:33   #167
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you know when to admit you were wrong.
Planes v1.0b is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 01:06   #168
Sanad
Lord Ruler

Sanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond repute
Hy ym from egypt ym see peepol try meked funned of my?
Big shayme on you ollll!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:41   #169
elsewhere

elsewhere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Only when you're killing mobs or doing a quest.

If you're afk, you can't do that.

Simple.

Let say, one of our char has a quest, say, a demon exterminator quest and it is following your Archer then someone pk your alts right then image verification prompts or worst scenario is you kill a mobs drops a db then *tada!* image verification says hello to you, more worst just a seconds away your db is on other lucky hand
elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36   #170
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
3) All of the botters are absolutely stupid.
Have to correct this tho. If all botters are so stupid, why are most of them still doing their thing without a problem?

The real stupid people are those still paying TQ for this game.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45   #171
PowerOfGray

PowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond reputePowerOfGray has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Have to correct this tho. If all botters are so stupid, why are most of them still doing their thing without a problem?

The average botter is stupid. The average bot maker is not.
PowerOfGray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 11:07   #172
Tilde
pulsar

Tilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
You people are boring.

Either it is common knowledge for you and you know what to look for otherwise it is a waste of time to talk to you.
I just realized I never got a chance to explain why I ignored your asirra comments and went straight into scenarios that did not technically include them. Since you're bored, allow me to enlighten you a bit. Maybe it will liven up your day.

1) The likelyhood of TQ purchasing services from a captcha, or grabbing free captcha to implement into the game is pretty small. They will likely do their own form, perhaps based off existing captcha, so they have complete control over it. I would put the likelyhood of TQ doing this in house at about 70%, 3rd party at about 25% and maybe 5% for Asirra.

2) Asirra is an unstable free beta service. This "unstable" segment is bolded right on their main page after a short amount of light reading.

3) It's service is meant for websites. I have no doubt it could be integrated into the game, but I think anyone would agree that the stakes are much higher when trying to get their images correct and hold a lot more meaning for us than some random website people may not give two ****s about getting locked from.

So, I've done the score test at the top of it's page rather in jest to humor myself and after 3 attempts this is what had happened:

First attempt:

I select all the images and hit Score Test and lo and behold.. I'm a bot!
http://i50.tinypic.com/24y1j5d.png
(Yeah, I'm not doing the img, just posting links.)

Ok, well I'm not actually a bot. I was just intentionally doing it wrong. This thing is starting to make a lot of assumptions already. Sounds like someone I know. Right, Deathclaw?

Second attempt:

This is where things got really amusing, because out of the choices I was given, this stood out..
http://i45.tinypic.com/141pocp.png
I couldn't believe my eyes. I adjusted the contrast and brightness on my monitor and I still couldn't believe it. A picture of a cage and.. nothing in it?? No that has to be wrong. Something is there, but it is so drowned out by the poor lighting we don't even know what it is! We can only guess.

That second attempt has gotta be like 1:3,000,000, right? What a fluke. Alright, let's just select this image and see what happens.. I'm a Bot!

Third attempt:

New images are sent to the box and.. oh my god, what the hell is this?
http://i47.tinypic.com/2pskgp4.png
Seriously? How did that get in there? Lol, is this some prank they play on people who pretend to get them wrong? Let's click on that adopt me link..
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/11584070

Holy ****.. I should have known. This image was pulled from their partner's database and cached for asirra. The content for the page, may not exist anymore, but the fact the page itself still exists proves it originally truly was an image uploaded to Petfinder. Hmm, which one do you suppose was up for adoption? I hope the mom, I'm not into little boys.

How are we supposed to answer this one exactly? Do we try and base our guess off of what kind of animal lover they might be? "Gee, here's a picture of the owners. Can you guess what kind of pet they have?" Not even a human would have better odds than 50/50.

Someone really needs to sift through their database and get rid of all of these indiscernable images that do not belong there. Except there's this:

Quote:
"..the image database continues to grow at the rate of approximately 10,000 images per day, meaning the entire database is expected to turn over approximately every 6 months."
I wonder how many faulty images come in every day. I could make a few comments about how they need to build the technology that doesn't "exist yet" to be able to correct this mess, but I'm sure anyone can reach the same conclusions on their own on how that could play out.

Moving along, what about this stuff?

Quote:
"Asirra is different because of our unique partnership with Petfinder.com, the world's largest site devoted to finding homes for homeless pets. They've provided us with over three million images of cats and dogs, manually classified by people at thousands of animal shelters across the United States. In exchange, we provide a small "Adopt Me!" link beneath each photo, supporting Petfinder's primary mission of finding homes for homeless animals.
Can any of you imagine clicking around ingame and then getting a popup and you accidently click on "adopt me" because of how abruptly it came up and your browser opens? According to some of their security ramblings, they have ways to prevent too many redirects to their adoption pages, so couldn't this technically mean punishment for even accidently hitting it too many times? Your verification returns false for hours, etc. I know it doesn't come out and just say that, but it's possible right?

This truly is looking like #3, subsection d. I think I've said enough.
Tilde is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 11:09   #173
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
The average botter degraded to a monkey that presses a start/stop button. So yea indeed stupid.
Computer Scientist
Old 05-13-2012, 11:23   #174
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
so much stupidity in this thread..........-sigh-
worst of all those who seemed like intelligent beings turn out to be so stubborn <.>

disappointed u_u

except for planes, that guy is naturally a retard so expectations were never high for that user
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 11:41   #175
lipase

lipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post

Whats stupid is someone who tries telling people what to spend money on-, thats stupid
lipase is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 11:45   #176
Sanad
Lord Ruler

Sanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond repute
lol whad?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:48   #177
Planes v1.0b
Kintama

Planes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond reputePlanes v1.0b has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the compliment.
Planes v1.0b is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 11:50   #178
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
First attempt:

I select all the images and hit Score Test and lo and behold.. I'm a bot!
http://i50.tinypic.com/24y1j5d.png
(Yeah, I'm not doing the img, just posting links.)

Ok, well I'm not actually a bot. I was just intentionally doing it wrong. This thing is starting to make a lot of assumptions already. Sounds like someone I know. Right, Deathclaw?

Second attempt:

This is where things got really amusing, because out of the choices I was given, this stood out..
http://i45.tinypic.com/141pocp.png
I couldn't believe my eyes. I adjusted the contrast and brightness on my monitor and I still couldn't believe it. A picture of a cage and.. nothing in it?? No that has to be wrong. Something is there, but it is so drowned out by the poor lighting we don't even know what it is! We can only guess.

That second attempt has gotta be like 1:3,000,000, right? What a fluke. Alright, let's just select this image and see what happens.. I'm a Bot!

Third attempt:

New images are sent to the box and.. oh my god, what the hell is this?
http://i47.tinypic.com/2pskgp4.png
Seriously? How did that get in there? Lol, is this some prank they play on people who pretend to get them wrong? Let's click on that adopt me link..
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/11584070
Please try to fool someone else and dont make it look like you got 3 times a fail set in a row. I just did 30 sets in a row without any problem and if you know a bit about statistics then it means that i should lotto right now because i seem to win everything. Well either that or you are a very very very unlucky person. You prolly requested hundreds of sets for hours to get those fail examples.

Try harder botters. Those captchas seem to scare the **** out of you, because you desperately try to make it look like this system doesnt work at all.
Computer Scientist
Old 05-13-2012, 12:02   #179
Tilde
pulsar

Tilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond reputeTilde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Please try to fool someone else and dont make it look like you got 3 times a fail set in a row. I just did 30 sets in a row without any problem and if you know a bit about statistics then it means that i should lotto right now because i seem to win everything. Well either that or you are a very very very unlucky person. You prolly requested hundreds of sets for hours to get those fail examples.

Try harder botters. Those captchas seem to scare the **** out of you, because you desperately try to make it look like this system doesnt work at all.
They were my first 3 attempts, that's why I included them. I tried very hard after that to reproduce it to better test my theory and all I could get were dogs and cats. So I'm pretty sure those images that I happened to get (you're right like 1:1,000,000,000,000,000..) were impossible odds honestly. I did not even get a chance to check and see if they were being categorized by their system as actual "dog," or "cat" pictures. That is also why I posted the adopt me link for picture three. It's likely they just pull images and they are categorized as being either cat, or dog based on the categorization of their petfinder page.

With the way it's plastered all over their site about they get images of cats and dogs, one can only assume all of their images are tagged that way. Not anywhere I have seen have they said they put in trick images as well, but I would not have reported my findings this way if it didn't ACTUALLY happen that way. I'm not one to make these things up, I wouldn't really know where to start. And this saddens me because people are probably disappointed thinking I did. They would be wrong.
Tilde is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2012, 16:36   #180
Atoomrahs Halla
Brrrrraaap

Atoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond reputeAtoomrahs Halla has a reputation beyond repute
TQ has never ever made a bot catching system that worked.

I still remember one of their attempts at it that would randomly bot jail you for casting or dropping stuff in mid air... The fact of the matter is, at one point in time none of the GM's or PM's could tell the difference between an aimbot and legit fb/ss players. I didn't have faith in their development team 8 years ago and I still don't today
Atoomrahs Halla is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: