Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36   #1501
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroooo~ View Post
I always render to frames and put them together in Premiere.
Does'nt Maya autoname all the rendered images something like this pic000, pic001.. etc?
That day I had a problem in my renderer: I set Allocate on Heap and the batch renderer would not get past frame 2 due to some error, thus I had to render the first test video by hand and name the frames myself. Which took me 6 freaking hours!

Later on I figured what was causing the problem (after someone on Maya forums suggested that I turn off random stuff in Mental Ray's Options menu) and then I let the computer do all the hard work, such as auto-naming the frames.
Vdub is awesome for putting all the files together and its compression Intel Video Codec with good image quality.

That worked great, as it spared my time and did 3 one hour renders until the first scene looked real enough.
Now all I have to do is animate the other scenes, should take no more than 1 hour each render x 300 frames each. SPARTAAAA!
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 08:20   #1502
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
I always make my videos mp4 H.264

www.3dkiwi.webs.com/images/Untitled2.gif
Kuroooo~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 08:35   #1503
Kuroooo~

Kuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond reputeKuroooo~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
That day I had a problem in my renderer: I set Allocate on Heap and the batch renderer would not get past frame 2 due to some error, thus I had to render the first test video by hand and name the frames myself. Which took me 6 freaking hours!

Later on I figured what was causing the problem (after someone on Maya forums suggested that I turn off random stuff in Mental Ray's Options menu) and then I let the computer do all the hard work, such as auto-naming the frames.
Vdub is awesome for putting all the files together and its compression Intel Video Codec with good image quality.

That worked great, as it spared my time and did 3 one hour renders until the first scene looked real enough.
Now all I have to do is animate the other scenes, should take no more than 1 hour each render x 300 frames each. SPARTAAAA!
You did a lot of unnecessary work :S autonaming rendered files should be a default feature in any 3d program.. Even the ****ty one i have to use at work can do it. Im glad you got it working because it would be very painful to render all the scenes "by hand"

Old 12-09-2011, 08:49   #1504
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You did a lot of unnecessary work :S autonaming rendered files should be a default feature in any 3d program.. Even the ****ty one i have to use at work can do it. Im glad you got it working because it would be very painful to render all the scenes "by hand"
Like I said, it DOES have auto-naming. I just didn't understand why it stopped creating the auto-named files once it reached number two. But once I've unchecked the Allocate on Heap, the batch-renderer (the one responsible of exporting each frame and giving it a name) got past frame 2.

So in a way it was my fault for selecting that option, it gave the computer too much trouble. The reason i checked that was because before reducing the number of polygons on the planets, even the normal window render crashed on me.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-09-2011, 09:00   #1505
Kuroooo~

Quote:
Like I said, it DOES have auto-naming. I just didn't understand why it stopped creating the auto-named files once it reached number two. But once I've unchecked the Allocate on Heap, the batch-renderer (the one responsible of exporting each frame and giving it a name) got past frame 2.

So in a way it was my fault for selecting that option, it gave the computer too much trouble. The reason i checked that was because before reducing the number of polygons on the planets, even the normal window render crashed on me.
yes and like I said.. Im glad you got it working

Old 12-09-2011, 09:07   #1506
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
yes and like I said.. Im glad you got it working
One thing I don't like is that the animation recording isn't going according to plan sometimes. On max I could set auto-record on all changes and they would simply get recorded as I made them. On Maya I have to make sure that I record a rotation from frame 1 to frame x from the first time, along with the movement. There are other ways such as motion path, but that seems way more annoying to create a good curve than to record the motion. X_X And it does have auto-key, but it's not as easy.

Next planet to animate is my favorite: Saturn.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22   #1507
Kuroooo~

the planets look really good btw.. Are they part of some bigger animation? Like some cool space fight or something?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:12   #1508
jackoffthebox
Banned

jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
o.o Finally done designing and writing code >.> teaching new graphic designers is hard... Trying to learn new Maya software -.-
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15   #1509
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
the planets look really good btw.. Are they part of some bigger animation? Like some cool space fight or something?
Well, they are part of something bigger, but they are a very minor part. They will be used as the credits of a movie I'm planning. But I will make a separate video of just the solar system travel too with no text.

In the credits, a spaceship's camera is showing the Solar System (while text will be placed in the darker areas).
So far I've gathered five people to help with the movie project. I'll do the animation/modeling though and others will do part of the rendering, storyboard, voice acting and what ever there might be needed.

The movie is based on chapter 1 of Alien Ride story from my Deviant Art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoffthebox View Post
o.o Finally done designing and writing code >.> teaching new graphic designers is hard... Trying to learn new Maya software -.-
I find Maya more of a game than any software. Lol.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-09-2011, 11:51   #1510
jackoffthebox
Banned

jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, they are part of something bigger, but they are a very minor part. They will be used as the credits of a movie I'm planning. But I will make a separate video of just the solar system travel too with no text.

In the credits, a spaceship's camera is showing the Solar System (while text will be placed in the darker areas).
So far I've gathered five people to help with the movie project. I'll do the animation/modeling though and others will do part of the rendering, storyboard, voice acting and what ever there might be needed.

The movie is based on chapter 1 of Alien Ride story from my Deviant Art.

I find Maya more of a game than any software. Lol.
Which one?
Mudbox
Motionbuilder
Sketchbook
Motion Fx
There's a lot more used, but I don't know how much your designing.

I'm learning the Building Design Suite 2012. To help me design on my next project. It's really a fun software to play with. The buildings you can make turn out amazing.
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03   #1511
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoffthebox View Post
Which one?
Mudbox
Motionbuilder
Sketchbook
Motion Fx
There's a lot more used, but I don't know how much your designing.

I'm learning the Building Design Suite 2012. To help me design on my next project. It's really a fun software to play with. The buildings you can make turn out amazing.
I am only using Maya 2012 (lol @ name, it's not even 2012...) for pretty much anything i need. It even has the Artisan tool which is kind of like Zbrush's sculpting. I gave up on my 3ds max 7, not enough tools.
At the moment I'm still trying to get better at modeling, as last time my character turned out blocky and not good enough for rigging so I've restarted it.

Seems that I'm doing well with lighting/shadows. In texturing I'm not too experienced with UVs but I managed to set up the textures on the extremely deformed moons of Mars and Jupiter, made them look as close to the real moons as possible in texture and shape. Making reflections and transparency is easy.
I find the physics system a bit annoying to animate because errors might happen (such as a ball going through a table even though it hit the same table 3 times and bouched off of it before) but also interesting, same with the wind generator.
Paint effects are awesome, can make raw meat with it, and the asteroids in my solar system were made with it for easy processing. Will show the asteroids better at some point, in the small vid I posted they are only appearing in the bottom right corner too fast.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-09-2011, 12:42   #1512
Kuroooo~

Softwares dont matter. Only the end result counts

mudbox and sculptris/zbrush are awesome! I use mudbox to create normal maps for my low poly characters.

Old 12-09-2011, 13:07   #1513
Kuroooo~

Edit: deleted

Last edited by Kuroooo~; 12-09-2011 at 16:04.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:14   #1514
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Softwares dont matter. Only the end result counts

mudbox and sculptris/zbrush are awesome! I use mudbox to create normal maps for my low poly characters.
Yeah, but to me it matters just how much stuff I have for use. Such as fur, paint effects, etc.
Idk if you can make in zbrush what you can make on Maya, such as furry creatures and such, best I've seen so far about Zbrush is its good sculpting tools to shape clothes, something that Maya does in a slower way with nCloth (takes ages to set up).
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48   #1515
Kuroooo~

Yeah Zbrush is mainly for sculpting.. Its not really an all purpose modeler like Maya and 3dsmax. But what i ment was that if you have similar software it doesnt really matter which one you use if you just need to get the job done. I use Modo, Blender and Sculptris at work.. They all serve their purposes.

This forum is super slow right now for some reason.. Is it only me or are you guys experiencing it too?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: