Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:42   #31
dirtchamber

dirtchamber is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone. I am having problems with CU on Win 7 (x64), but not related to crashes or something, only to performance and display.
I am playing it on a laptop, with a 1366x768 maximum res. Also, I'm always playing in a window, not full screen. In Win 7, the game opens fine, but I can play it only on 800x600 to see everything. If I use the default res, I can't see the lower part of the gui, because of the Windows taskbar. In XP this is not the case, the game window resizes fine. Can I do something about this?
And about the fps issue, well, I guess this will be fixed in the near future. So far I've disabled the desktop composition, but I will try the other suggestions, maybe it will get better.
If you don't understand the problem above (it's a little hard to explain exactly how it looks), I'll try to do a screenshot and edit the post later.

Thanks.
dirtchamber is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2009, 11:13   #32
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
You can always set the taskbar to autohide thats what I have to do same problem W7 taskbar takes more space and covers the gui, also the taskbar blocking the window lowers fps so autohiding it should give you more fps.

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17   #33
dirtchamber

dirtchamber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
You can always set the taskbar to autohide thats what I have to do same problem W7 taskbar takes more space and covers the gui, also the taskbar blocking the window lowers fps so autohiding it should give you more fps.
Well, I know, that's why I set the taskbar to be on top, not bottom. But this is a temporary solution, I'm hoping that the patch will deal with this too, right?
Right now I have CU on this laptop, and on a PC with Win XP. On the PC it works fine, but I'm considering installing Win 7 on it too. But the fps thing is quite bad, so I think I'll keep it like this till you guys release an update for 7.
dirtchamber is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2009, 11:23   #34
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtchamber View Post
Well, I know, that's why I set the taskbar to be on top, not bottom. But this is a temporary solution, I'm hoping that the patch will deal with this too, right?
Right now I have CU on this laptop, and on a PC with Win XP. On the PC it works fine, but I'm considering installing Win 7 on it too. But the fps thing is quite bad, so I think I'll keep it like this till you guys release an update for 7.
There's no reason to make an update since its you not having enough vertical pixels and the W7 taskbar taking more space, some people like having the taskbar smaller to look more like XP/Vista you can also do this by setting the icons to small and changing the combine settings but its always up to you

Something like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	small.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	126510

The space between Chrome and the taskbar it's the extra it takes

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-27-2009, 20:11   #35
TraeH

TraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant futureTraeH has a brilliant future
helloos. i have windows 7 64-bit on my desktop and same on laptop..
but like conquer can run on laptop but not desktop
on the desktop, when i try to open conquer.. it patches but after it patches it doesnt open, it says its open but its only a blank screen.
and on laptop its PERFECTLy fine =(..

on desktop i have nVidia GeForce 7100/ nForce 630i

is there a problem with this video drive? ^.
can it not run games?
Old 11-28-2009, 18:56   #36
Endet
You think?

Endet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond repute
I'm interested to know that am I the only one experiencing FPS lagging on Windows 7 while playing CO if you have a program that blinks in the taskbar? Like another CO window, msn convo window blinking etc.? I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of the FPS lagging without turning the blinking off but so far no help... Wierd prob.
Old 11-29-2009, 13:47   #37
Natoru
SirDidymus

Natoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond reputeNatoru has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Natoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endet View Post
I'm interested to know that am I the only one experiencing FPS lagging on Windows 7 while playing CO if you have a program that blinks in the taskbar? Like another CO window, msn convo window blinking etc.? I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of the FPS lagging without turning the blinking off but so far no help... Wierd prob.
That is weird, I can't say I've noticed any difference when a taskbar program is blinking.

Have you tried any of the FPS tips in the main post?
Old 11-29-2009, 18:30   #38
Endet
You think?

Endet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natoru View Post
That is weird, I can't say I've noticed any difference when a taskbar program is blinking.

Have you tried any of the FPS tips in the main post?
Yeah did them and basically no help since it's not a performance problem.. I'm guessing it has something to do with Aero, only thing I haven't closed since it looks so good <3 Need to test that out.
Old 12-01-2009, 13:47   #39
Maffiagangstar

Maffiagangstar is on a distinguished road
You helped me allot man, thank you sooooo much...!!!! I am now running co flawless on win 7

this helped me:

Disabling Aero can also raise FPS and make the game run more stable. It's easily be done by right-clicking the shortcut to CO2, selecting 'Properties' and going to the 'Compatibility' tab.
Select 'Disable Desktop Composition', then apply the changes.
Now Aero will be disabled when running CO2.
Maffiagangstar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2009, 19:16   #40
darknesss

darknesss is on a distinguished road
i have a problem running conquer on windows 7 (32-Bit)i have arror with
Conquer Online has stopped Working.
problem details:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Conquer.exe
Application Version: 2009.105.0.124
Application Timestamp: 4b068bd1
Fault Module Name: C3_CORE_DLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49a526ed
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00007c21
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3073
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
and i try to fix it with this thread http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=642454 but it's stl not working
also i have this error too
The color scheme has been changed too windows 7 Basic

any idea plz for help me
darknesss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2009, 21:37   #41
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknesss View Post
i have a problem running conquer on windows 7 (32-Bit)i have arror with
problem details:
and i try to fix it with this thread http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=642454 but it's stl not working
also i have this error too
The color scheme has been changed too windows 7 Basic

any idea plz for help me
Try getting the most recent driver for your graphics card, the problem is most likely located there.
Conondrum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 06:50   #42
darknesss

darknesss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conondrum View Post
Try getting the most recent driver for your graphics card, the problem is most likely located there.
i update my graphic card and this error fixed The color scheme has been changed too windows 7 Basic
but the game stl not working for this reason
problem details:
and i have deleted the TQ unti virus

Last edited by darknesss; 12-12-2009 at 07:36.
darknesss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-2009, 20:59   #43
hnr32`

hnr32` is on a distinguished road
Latest Patch

Hi, I'm using windows 7 as well, and sincethe last patch (5200) I can no longer load co. I've fixed the problem with the tqat antivirus program, but now my client just hangs at the auto-patch screen. I was hoping someone would know how to fix this.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 21:21   #44
littleboy654

littleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond reputelittleboy654 has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh i changed that file name located in Co folder and nothing yet... im still stuck at the auto patch so can anyone help me

Archer-xxx-xxx LVL 131

Bubbles
Water-Warrior-TrojanActive
LVL 130-130-136
391 BP

Water-Water-Ninja Active
LVL 130-130-135
398 BP

littleboy654 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2009, 06:29   #45
vidal92

vidal92 is on a distinguished road
I have a problem with that blue screen, i removed that file zftqat , but i log in my account, but while its loading, it leave the game.

Im using windows 7 32 bits

please im desesperate...
vidal92 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: