Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37   #1
isti37
Tigger

isti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up How to get rid of some lag and win some fps. (Game Booster FAQ)

These days I searched for a method to improve the performance of Windows 7 and I tripped over on Game Booster. It's a free software developed by IObit.
After I tried it I can say that it really improves the performance if you got an old windows installation and you are lazy to delete all useless crap running in the backround or you got Windows Vista or Windows 7 which has useless crap from the start. Game Booster will close them and re-open them with just one click. A friend could save almost 649 mb of ram with it. I saved only 117 on Windows 7 but it worths it.
(If you got only 1 gb or 512 mb of ram probabilly this is a blessing for you)

It's working on Windows 2000,Windows Xp,Windows Vista and Windows 7. I recommend it especially for Windows Vista and 7.

You can download it and get more info on the official website :
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I hope I helped some of you to get a smoother gameplay.
You can ask questions here...
But I think that even the dumbest of the dum dum salad can understand it.

GL & HF

The basic ninja :
Who needs fastblade ? I have Twofold Blades
Who needs superman ? Fatal strike is way faster.
Who needs poison blade,tornado ? I have toxic fog and poisonous shuriken !
Who needs reflect ? I can do a counter kill faster than a blink of an eye.
Who needs dodge ? It's a waste of a skill ! I like to bane the archers and make them run to their mommies.

Last edited by isti37; 06-30-2009 at 08:06. Reason: If this is not the right category or if we are not allowed to share other software a mod please move it to the right place.
isti37 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2009, 09:30   #2
Clenk~V.7
Banned

Clenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.7 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by isti37 View Post
These days I searched for a method to improve the performance of Windows 7 and I tripped over on Game Booster. It's a free software developed by IObit.
After I tried it I can say that it really improves the performance if you got an old windows installation and you are lazy to delete all useless crap running in the backround or you got Windows Vista or Windows 7 which has useless crap from the start. Game Booster will close them and re-open them with just one click. A friend could save almost 649 mb of ram with it. I saved only 117 on Windows 7 but it worths it.

It's working on Windows 2000,Windows Xp,Windows Vista and Windows 7. I recommend it especially for Windows Vista and 7.

GL & HF
Or you can learn how to use msconfig to prevent stuff from opening to begin with?
Clenk~V.7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39   #3
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Himie
I just turn off aero it drops my fps to 20-30 and causes weird graphic artifacs all over my desktop... disabled i get 40fps and no artifacts =D

MyAnimeList
Himie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2009, 10:52   #4
isti37
Tigger

isti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond reputeisti37 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.7 View Post
Or you can learn how to use msconfig to prevent stuff from opening to begin with?
Maybe but in most cases you have to be really curious to search over 30 Microsoft processes/services on google to find out which is important and which isn't.

Or you might end up learning how to use the recovery console ?

The basic ninja :
Who needs dodge ? It's a waste of a skill ! I like to bane the archers and make them run to their mommies.

Last edited by isti37; 06-30-2009 at 11:00.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59   #5
Himie
Nipah~

Himie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond reputeHimie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
recovery console.
*hides in a corner crying* RECOVERY CONSOLE NOOO!!!!! bad memories come into my mind.... 500gb lost of anime and stuff D:

MyAnimeList
Old 06-30-2009, 14:10   #6
isti37
Tigger

Lulz, you have rad somewhere that by writing format C: you recover your data ? )

The basic ninja :
Old 06-30-2009, 14:41   #7
eeyore

eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Lulz, you have rad somewhere that by writing format C: you recover your data ? )
Last I checked even in XP you couldn't format from the command prompt. Also, you'd need the letter Y after it to tell it yes your sure you want to erase all data.

If you need the recovery console after messing around in MS Config, you didn't learn enough about it, did you?

If you spend your day worrying about tomorrow, you'll miss the joys that could have been today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sonne*
oh Loosh, I love stroking your...keyboard. It feels so great
Join the lawsuit against TQ for illegal banning of characters!
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2009, 15:07   #8
Himie
Nipah~

Quote:
I'm not that stupid but seriously I don't know what happened one day I came back from playing Brawl with some friends, turn on the computer but the boot screen would suddenly mutate into a blue screen and restart the computer I'm like WTF o_O the cycle never ended it would always do the same so I tried recovery console to try and fix the boot files, could login and enjoy my laptop again, few days later its time to restart it but suddenly I would get "Cannot find boot record. press any key to continue", go back to recovery console mess with it again keep getting the message, decide to back up everything using parted magic live cuz I wanted to format but it would say Disk C: 0% used disk is empty or corrupted *eye twitch twitch twitch* ...............................*long sad disturbing silence while my eye keeps twitching*........................................ ... desperately go find my old ubuntu 7.10 live installer CD to see if it can find my disk but not even ubuntu live would find it D: tried everything but ended up formatting D:

It was sad... really sad of all that 500gb I had of anime I probably only watched 300gb~ I blame everything on recovery console!! I decided never to mess with it again.

MyAnimeList
Old 06-30-2009, 18:07   #9
hotshot888
Hetshet

hotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond reputehotshot888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.7 View Post
my thoughts exactly

Quote:
Maybe but in most cases you have to be really curious to search over 30 Microsoft processes/services on google to find out which is important and which isn't.
trial and error with a teeny bit of common sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
Last I checked even in XP you couldn't format from the command prompt.
you can do a format, but to format the active windows partition you have to do a force dismount, which most of the time causes BSOD or crash lock up, ect.

If you want to save ram, use the old school windows classic GUI, or ctrl alt del and end explorer.exe and launch things through task managed. I used to do that on my old computer to play CnC Generals. Keep in mind though, you can easily restart explorer by typing explorer in the run box
hotshot888 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2009, 00:34   #10
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

GL & HF

Has someone tried it out? Is it useful?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:54   #11
Himie
Nipah~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post

Has someone tried it out? Is it useful?
I tried it and it does make gameplay a bit better

MyAnimeList
Old 07-03-2009, 01:28   #12
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
I tried it and it does make gameplay a bit better
Thanks for your response, starfish.
Old 07-09-2009, 00:21   #13
jslickman26

jslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond reputejslickman26 has a reputation beyond repute
Im using Vista with the Game Booster, plus I went into Control Panel \ System and Maintenance \ Performance Information and Tools, to adjust visual effects for the best performance of vista, then changed power settings and that has seemed to make a big difference for me. I can stay logged in alot longer than when this leak first started 4-8 hrs. Now I'm in from maint. to maint. Hope I gave useful info, otherwise disregard. I forgot to mention I am using a memory optimizer also. Its nothing special just something I found on Download.com

Last edited by jslickman26; 07-09-2009 at 00:32.
jslickman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2009, 04:28   #14
ycma
phuh

ycma is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info and program, it helped me a lot, since I only got 1gb ram and vista prem on it. It was lagging all the time, but now it is more running smooth, thanks
Old 07-18-2009, 05:20   #15
Ev|L
Steph =]<3

Ev|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond reputeEv|L has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ev|L Send a message via Skype™ to Ev|L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
*hides in a corner crying* RECOVERY CONSOLE NOOO!!!!! bad memories come into my mind.... 500gb lost of anime and stuff D:

I done that last night >

Quote:
Varekai~ speaks to SeniorMoment:
hawt!

Martin <3

------> SeniorMoment <-----
Ev|L is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: